Daddy Issues
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony

I don't even know what I'm doing...
For @Meldresi first, and if you want, @Burke can join later as well >:D

It was impossible to ignore. Even if he did not want to be involved with the darkness that resided at Blackfeather Woods, Keith had too many questions to not stop by. He needed answers. He needed his memory back. He had recently discovered that somewhere inbetween his 'time out' he had procreated with Meldresi. An older female who was also a witch. Keith needed to know what Bane had been up to for almost six months.

Silver pelt glowing under the moonlight, the northerner approached the easily-distinguishable borders of the Dark Forest. He had been in there before, and he did not plan to be again. It was terrifying. enclosed, dark, cold, and the silence was deafening.

Not wanting to get unnecessary attention, the male awaited, easily-visible along the contrasting borderline for a warden to come.
Ah, the blood of deceit is a nourishing flow....
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Meldresi and Burke's reaction:   

The Night Queen took strolls from time to time to offset the heaviness she was growing inside of her. Her body needed to grow just a bit stronger to handle the weight of pups, no matter how large the litter she would bear. She would get fat, after all.

Most of the time she would be accompanied by her mate, the monarchs of the Woods gliding through their darkness as confidently as only owners of their own land can be. This was one of those times, in fact, her dark fur pressed against and mingling with Burke's silver, walking leisurely through the woods, in sight of the borders, but far away to not be seen by outside eyes, blending into the darkness.

Meldresi was very, very calm. That was, until, the stench of an unknown wolf permeated her nostrils. She paused, breathing in the scent, her eyes widening as she recognized the smell. Without a word to Burke, she trotted towards the scent, breaking away from the darkness to confront him. "So, you have returned." She greeted him with the same icy, disapproving tone as she did Kove, her dark eyes raking over him, then meeting his eyes. Those eyes were soft, now. Something had happened.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
OMG that reaction is perfect!

Burke always liked to accompany Meldresi. Not because he didn't trust her or the other pack mates, but just to share a quiet moment with her. They didn't talk too much, enjoying each others company didn't mean you always had to tell endless stories. Plus, they shared everything in the privacy of their den. They might as well be overheard by others which matters didn't concern to them. Burke nosed her briefly before he smelled the stranger's scent too. Meldresi trotted forward, Burke was instantly following on her heels. He was met with the sight of a white wolf. His eyes narrowed suspiciously and instantly his hackles raised. He didn't need one of Meldresi's ex-lovers or whatever he was on his lawn. 

His docked tail rose and he made himself impossibly bigger. He had heard from Meldresi that Bane had a condition, and that he was now Keith. Or something like that. Burke still didn't like him close. He knew Meldresi hadn't bred with him out of love though so that was a relief. Burke bared his teeth for a moment but then kept a wary and distasteful glance of his face. Luckily Burke heard the icy tone of his mate, which got him all pleased again. "What is it you want?," he asked.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Holy shit this is so scary

Right when Keith started thinking that going to Blackfeather Woods had been a terrible idea, the matriarch of darkness emerged from the shadows. Her indigo eyes gleamed with a misterious glow, and her whole body showed nothing less than rejection.

Keith had fleed the forest knowing that something had happened there, but the moment he realized that that "something" involved him becoming a parent everything had changed. Now he needed to know every single part of his history (more like Bane's) in the darkness of Blackfeather Woods and it's pack.

And then someone else joined the happy meeting. This wolf was unknown to Keith, except he wasn't. Bane knew the guy, and had he been concious in that moment, he would have done everything in his capacity to rip his throat off. Possibly.

But Keith wouldn't.

The silver wolf just looked at the dark couple with the respect he thought they would require as leaders of the pack, but his eyes glowed with anxiousness and curiosity. He tried to conceal it with a cold stare and expressionless face, he was usually good at it.

"Meldresi." he greeted. Keith would not disclose the fact that Bane had lost consiousness the moment he left Blackfeather Woods, but that was something the witch most likely knew already. Posing as Bane would help him get the answers he wanted more easily, but it would take a lot of effort to pull it off. He knew little about his other self, even less about what he had done all the time he spent in the dark woods, and he had no clue of Bane's membership in the Dark Brotherhood.

"What I want..." he said looking at Burke, "... Is to come back."
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Meldresi felt her fangs bare slightly at the mere thought  that she would allow this wolf back into her territory after so long. Bane had fulfilled his duties long ago, and it was in Mephala's wishes to see him gone. Her eyes gleamed as they looked over his body, noting the scars and the lack of a red mark. Slade, who was gone longer than Bane had been, still kept his mark, faded as it was, because he was still loyal to her and the Dark Brotherhood. He had disappeared again, but she still sensed his loyalty. Bane on the other hand...

"You are a traitor twofold." She began, stepping forward from her shroud, her tail curled high above her back. "To your pack, and to your children." She hissed, mostly for Damien, Cicero, and Potema's sake. "Your children are a few days from being adults. You've missed out on most of their childhood, if not all. Your pack has suffered through storms and lost children, and you were not here." She strode a few paw steps away from him, her eyes locked and burning in blue fire. "Why should any of us accept you again for that?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was not very keen on letting wolves back into Black Feather that left them. He had been this way with Slade, Kove and now he would be same with this Bane... or Keith. Whatever the two his was. He didn't have his mark anymore, at least the others tried to keep their mark somewhat in tact but this one here had no hint of the read dye, that was enough proof for Burke that this male had not an ounce of claim to come back to Black Feather. His ears flattened because the male also didn't want any competition. He might be very distrustful in that part but ever since Meldresi was pregnant with his young he was even more hateful towards strangers. 

Burke's docked tail was up, he would have curled it up like Meldresi had if his docked tail hadn't been there. He stood beside her, hackles raised. He agreed with Meldresi and stepped forward with her only he let out a growl, ready to attack. He wanted nothing to do with his male. "They don't need you, I'm their father now. I doubt they wouldn't even want to see you," he added. Even though he wasn't their biological father Burke had really grown into the role, preparing him really well for the litter that was now growing in Meldresi's tummy. He wasn't afraid or scared, he felt really ready and he wasn't letting this Keith or Bane wolf ruin that. He would need to come with a very good excuse to even return. "Which one of the two are you even?!," but then questioned.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Keith's ears fell flat on his skull as the witch pushed forward in rejection, his eyes locked on her paws. She called him a traitor, which he translated into her probably not knowing Bane wasn't the one she was talking to. The fact that he -or more like Bane- had been absent during his children's childhood made him feel sorry at most. He did not have any feelings towards the pups or this place, and certainly not towards the priestess and her new mate. But it did feel relieving to hear that the grey male had made the part of fatherly figure for the pups, whatever that meant.

The northerner's colorless gaze fell upon Burke's frost eyes when he asked 'Which one of the two' he was. Keith still didn't have what he had come here for, so, should he reveal the truth?

Keith had come to Blackfeather Woods behind Cara's back, which probably hadn't been his best idea. He had a chance to re-build his life with her, and he did not want to waste that chance. The thought of her, of her precious and beloved mate made him think that probably the truth, this truth, wasn't really that important. Bane's children had a life of their own. They were safe with Burke and their mother, and they had a pack to call their family. And Bane was a traitor to this place. Keith did not fit in that story at all. Pale eyes stared at the dark void of the forest as his mind raced with thoughts.

Did he need the truth?

No. There was something he needed more than that.

"This was a mistake." he muttered to himself. Then he looked up at the dark female. "Meldresi, can I talk to you for a moment?", his eyes turn to Burke, cold, "Alone?"
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Meldresi was caught off guard when Keith asked her to be alone. "Alone?" She repeated, glaring at him, her fiery eyes matching Burke's icy ones in intensity. Not only did she hate the fact that a wolf was lingering so close to her territory, but this was the man who had abandoned her children, her pack, and herself. Whatever had truly happened, he was still a traitor.

"Burke, go. I shall speak to Keith alone, as he requested." She commanded, knowing that Burke would linger nearby and listen in. He would not abandon her so quickly, even if she asked him to.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked almost surprised at Meldresi and then shook his head. "No," he spoke. "I'm the alpha here," He stated stubbornly. Plus he wasn't going to let this male have some alone time with Meldresi, she also would tell him everything so he was damn right staying. He might as well hear everything in person. "You tell me everything, Meldresi. We have no secrets and I doubt what he wants to say in private will shock me. What he says to your face can also be said to me," he spoke. 

Burke was a pretty calm guy and even if this Keith would talk about the past or what ever they had. He wanted to hear it and he would stand next to Meldresi while hearing it. He trusted his mate, and whatever happened while he wasn't in Black Feather just happened. Meldresi also accepted his past so he would stay by her side to accept hers without any shame for the woman that he loved. He was the leader here and he was curious what the male would say to Meldresi if they were alone. Burke wasn't even going to do something with it. But he was still the alpha her and he was not going to leave this border while there was a stranger lurking here. A stranger with a past.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
I love this guy too much to let him go :(

'Jealous much?' thought Keith when the grey male opposed to Meldresi talking to him alone. He got it, Burke was the Alpha and all, but Keith's bussiness was not with him. Meldresi was the mother of Bane's children, and she alone would hear what Keth had to say to her. Burke was no one to him, he meant nothing.

"Scared I'll steal your girl?" mocked Keith with a cold stare. "The thing is, Burke, I didn't come here to talk to you. My bussiness is with her. You have the pack. You have Bane's children. I just want to talk to her for a moment, not kidnap her." he barked confidently. "Let her decide if what I have to say is important enough to tell you."
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Meldresi twitched at being referred to as a simple "girl", as if she wasn't a Priestess, as if she wasn't the Night Queen, as if she hadn't saved both Keith and Bane's life. If Burke looked closely, he could see the signs of blue fire beginning to burn in his mate's eyes. "If you are not willing to respect the both of us on our own territory, I would suggest that you leave and never come back." She hissed, her eyes smoldering as she glared at him. She looked towards her mate, stepping in close to murmur softly in his ears for him to hear: "Go and hide in the shadows on the border." Before stepping away and gesturing for him to leave.

Regardless if Burke left immediately or even lingered, Meldresi sat down on her haunches, her stomach pulsing as her pups shifted with the movement. She straightened her back, looking as regal as a Queen could be. "Speak your mind and be quick about it."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was proud to hear that Meldresi sided wit him, well at least it seemed that way. This wolf had to respect them both. He thought Meldresi came stand by him to look more powerful but then she whispered the words that he should leave. It left him baffled he was definitely not leaving. He was the alpha, and she wasn't. He couldn't pretend that. She was his mate so he would not openly disrespect her but he wasn't her Beta anymore. And he wasn't leaving. Burke was stubborn and even though as a Beta he might go against his own stubbornness now he would not. He was the alpha and he had been leading this pack for her when she was missing and not while she was pregnant. He was not going to leave with a stranger on his border what impression would that make!?

He glanced to the side at Meldresi and shook his head lightly at her whisper. His pale eyes then returned to Keith. "He already disrespected both of us on our borders so I think I am done talking to him. You are not needed here and if you want to speak to Meldresi you can say it to me too. We don't have any secrets for each other. Leave in silence or leave and stay what you need to say," Burke returned to the pale male before him, clearly his mood was worsening and that wasn't only because of Keith. Frankly he felt slightly disrespected by his mate too. They were equals and Burke was pouring all his life in keeping her fed, taking care of her and the pack running. She should show a bit more gratitude instead of sending him away like a subordinate. Naturally he would not show that towards Keith, but he was not leaving.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
*drops this casually*
"Tenet III. Never disobey or refuse to carry out an order from a superior. To do so is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis."

Keith turned his look over to Meldresi when she spoke to him. She had gone from bad to rage in a blink, but her expression was just as blank as ever. This wasn't the case with Burke, however, whose rage state was clearly physical as well as mentall. He opossed again to leave the two alone, and that's when Keith decided he'd had enough.

"Alright, Big guy. I get it." Keith defied, "You're the Alpha and you won't leave... Didn't know I was dealing with stubborn pups here..." he said in a low voice, more to himself than anything, though clear enough for both Meldresi and Burke to hear, "Have it your way, Alpha."

"I met Potema a few days ago. I know she is... Bane's daughter... I know there are more... I know you are their mother," his eyes gazed at Meldresi, "But I will not let their father come back to them for as much as I think it is unfair..." his lips pressed together for a moment, "... I am sorry that you think Bane betrayed you, but this is my body. Him being here all that time was an accident, something I did not foresee and that I had no chance to prevent. And that will not happen again..." he stopped for a moment and gazed at both Dark wolves, this time his eyes weren't hostile.

"I come here today to release myself from everything Bane tied himself to. Your pack. Your children. Burke, you can be their father, I hope it's for the best. And in return I will not bother your pack ever again."
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Meldresi did not let a hint of her disapproval for her mate slip onto her face. He was a matter that she could deal with later, when they were alone. Ever since her pregnancy, the tension between the two had grown as they found more and more things to disagree upon. It frightened her, in a way, but she was too angry at Keith to pay attention to Burke's indignance.

The Night Queen winced slightly, thinking of how Potema might have reacted to seeing her father. She had been Bane's favorite, after all, his little princess. She must have been furious, or sad. She could not tell with her daughter, for the White Princess had grown to be such an enigma after her small "vacation". That must be her own fault, she thought.

"There are no accidents." She said, finally, after Keith finished his confession. "I release you, but I do not forgive you, Bane or not. You are both at fault here." Luckily for her, she did not have to be a single parent for long, as Burke moved swiftly into her life and saved her from the strains of managing a pack and three pups at the same time. When she thought about it, Keith/Bane leaving was one of the best things that happened to her, strange and cynical as it was. "Leave now; we are done here." She gave him no room to close, standing on her feet, her body with a posture that suggested she was ready to leave, and quickly. He had better pick up on it and turn tail before she got even angrier. 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke didn't mind that he was ignored or what Keith said. He got his want and even though Meldresi might be annoyed by him for this moment he knew they would be fine. He was not going to leave her, the thought behind it was actually very cute and caring. Burke was also proud and stubborn which wasn't helping with this case. But since he got his wish he was more than pleased for now. His mate spoke again and he could only agree with those words. Burke kept looking at him with the same glare, just to stare him down until he would leave. 

Burke mirrored Meldresi's posture and stepped forward, head a bit lower and hackles raised because he wanted the male of his lawn. Burke would easily attack if he wasn't leaving now. Meldresi had spoken her words and Burke couldn't really see what about it he wasn't suppose to hear. So the white male cared or regretted what he did, so what. It happened.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Burke kept staring him down, making him uncomfortable. It was amazing how childish and stubborn and jelous he could get. 'I'm the alpha here'... But that did not matter anymore. Keith, knowing what was best for him and the children he Bane had left behind, had decided to be diplomatic with the dark pack, and Meldresi, the dark witch Queen herself had granted him his wishes.

'I release you'... Music to Keith's ears. He'd just secured his future with Cara, and his peace with the Assassins' Guild. Enough for a day...

"Thank you," said the Northerner after the dark female dismissed both him and herself. He turned around and trotted off Burke's Lawn finally, granting a bunch of wishes at once.

Keith got back to the warmth of his sex-bomb in no time, this time with peace of mind and a clear sight for his future. He had decided many things that day. First, he did not want to know anything of Blackfeather Woods, or Meldresi, or Burke, or their children once again. That was not his tale. But most importantly, he'd decided to spend the rest of his life with the one thing that was important to him. Cara was his world. Keith would be her consort, her friend, and she would make him happy in return.

Aaaaaand that's a wrap
I hope I can bring trouble boy back some day :(
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
One day!

Meldresi watched him walk off into the distance, her eyes still heated with fires of anger the northerner had stoked. Her tail slowly lowered as he became a smaller and smaller speck of white in her sight, soon hanging loosely at her side. She sighed, letting the tension roll off her like beads of water. He was gone and he would be, possibly (hopefully) forever. His legacy would still be in Blackfeather in his progeny, but he was out of sight and out of mind.

Her mind turned to her second lover, the one she choose to be her mate. Meldresi was still cross with him, and narrowed her eyes in his directions. "Burke, for the love of me, do not disrespect me like that in front of others." She grumbled before heading off into the comfort of her Woods, bothered by the sun's rays upon her head and the former Dark Brother's impudence.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at her with a skeptical expression. "As long as you don't do the same for me. I am the alpha here. You are technically not in the upper ranks. You might be the leader of the brotherhood but I am just a must respected, babe. If I might even argue the fact that I am the mentor of two branches of the Brotherhood. Please give me some credit while I am running this pack," he pointed out, not raising his voice at all. He was actually talking rather casual. He didn't need to fight with her. They were adults and not some newly wed couple.

He walked with his mate, since he was still rather keen on being around her. The female was carrying his young and even if she didn't Burke liked to keep the one thing he loved close to him. He was glad this whole ordeal was over, maybe it were also the hormones that made Meldresi a grumpy mess at him. Still Burke wasn't intending to fight since that would create instability. He looked at Meldresi. "C'mon. Lets give you some rest. You want some food?," he asked.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Last post!

Meldresi said nothing as Burke spoke, her brow furrowing as the anger that she thought would be quelled rose once more. She silently drank in his words, blinking only once or twice before she realized her mistake and turned away. She remained turned from his glance for a while, silently embarrassed, until Burke tempted her with food. Meldresi responded with a curt: "Fine." Rising to her feet and walking after him, promising herself that she would return to her rightful duties as Alpha as soon as possible. She had founded this pack, and it was hers by right and — though she loved her mate — she did not want anyone else taking that title from her, circumstances or not.