Blackfeather Woods boy's night out
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Someone he hasn't met perhaps? @Akela @Potema

He had intentionally woken up early in the morning to avoid another lesson with Lusa or Burke today. Today was his chilling day. A boy needed time to himself once in awhile right? He had things to do, sights to see!

As quiet as a ninja, he snuck around the two girls, Lusa and Peridot. He didn't want any girls following him today. When he had successfully snuck out, he turned around and smiled at the den. He was a sneeky little tike!

He wasted to time darting away from the den, and deeper into the woods. In the distance, he could see a field of red. It enchanted his grey eyes. The bright red beckoned him closer, and the closer he got, the more the detail the red glow got. It turned into a beautiful flower bed. It his eyes brighten and his tail whip his sides. Never had he seen something so lovely. He ran into the sea of red, prancing around like a fawn and giggling with joy.
”the voices”
Ah, the blood of deceit is a nourishing flow....
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
How about Meldresi instead?

Meldresi was concerned about her daughter, Potema. She had changed since she had left, grown more distant, less compassionate, disinterested in everything except the dark arts. It worried her. A priestess was much more than some sorceress of dark magic and poisons. As a concerned, pregnant mother, the Night Queen left her den and headed to where her daughter was said to be staying: Redgrove, to talk to her. To console her through this apathy.

The Dark Queen lingered at the fringes of the red blanket, looking for any white splashes in the midst of the blood-red flowers. It would make for an enchanting sight, that. Her daughter was growing more and more beautiful despite her injury; it was a pity she was so socially awkward. But instead of a teenager, she was greeted with a younger child instead: one of Lusa's. He pranced through the red leaves, giggling gleefully as only a child can. Meldresi smiled, remembering how blissful and carefree her children had been when they were his age. The Queen chuffed softly to get his attention before walking over to close the distance between the child and the monarch.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
but of course :P

When he heard a sound coming from behind, his ears pricked and he turned to see who it was. It was another wolf, one he had not met. She had darker fur like his mother's and a unique eye color. She looked like she had come out of her mother's stories.

"Hello!, he greeted in his usual cheerful voice. He walked through the sea of red, wanting to get a closer look at the other wolf. When he was close enough, silver orbs gazed up at the figure before him. Everyone seemed to be bigger than him. He started to wonder if this was the way it would always be. It would not of course. "My name is Leo." He had chosen his other name. He always did. Leo seemed to be better than Chevalier, hands down.
”the voices”
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
She smiled as the young boy approached her without fear, beaming at her with a smile like the sun. This must be the boy Burke was talking about; Meldresi was fairly certain that Lusa would not, and did not name one of her children Leo. It sounded like a name Scarlett would use and rightfully so. He looked like one of the lions she had heard of in stories. "I am Meldresi." She answered. She opened her mouth to ask the young boy something, but the question died in her throat when she felt something hard hit her side.

Meldresi stumbled down, flopping unceremoniously onto her side, her eyes widened for a moment, her expression shifting from shock to joy. The pups had quickened. "My apologies." She said, looking down apologetically at the younger pup. He must be confused. "My pups were moving in me."
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He was shocked when Meldresi stumbled to the ground. His eyes widened and he walked closer with caution in his steps. Had some unknown force bring pain to her? His head shifted from one side to the other. There didn't seem to be anyone here.

He was even more baffled when the lady said pups were moving in her. "Huh? Why are they inside you?" How could they play, or eat, or do anything. It just couldn't be true! "They should come out and play!" He leaned forward sniffing her belly. "It's not that scary. Come out, it's fun!"
”the voices”
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Meldresi was at that point of her pregnancy where getting up was very difficult and sometimes not worth the effort. She made herself comfortable on the red flowers she had sadly crushed during her fall, laughing softly as the little boy, who called himself Leo, talked to the pups inside her. As if in response, she felt one of them kick out towards the sound, the bulge noticeable and almost able to hit Leo's nose if he was close enough. Meldresi chuckled again. "I am afraid that they will not be coming out for a few weeks." She curled her body around her swollen belly, which was not as large as her first litter had been, which she was grateful for. A quicker, easier birth was something this priestess prayed for many times before sleeping. "But then, they will still be sleepy and wobbly for a few weeks after that."
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He gave up when Meldresi said they wouldn't come out in a few weeks. A few weeks? That seemed like years of waiting. And even when they come out, they'll be all sleepy for awhile. He didn't get how they couldn't just come today, or maybe even tomorrow. Why wait?

He took a seat, close to Meldresi's head. "Will they look like you? When I was at Bearclaw, there was another boy names Xan. He looked just like his mother and father." He didn't understand why he didn't look like Lusa. But then again, he was glad to have a glowing pelt among the dark forest. It made him feel special inside.
”the voices”
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"There is a chance that they will look like me." Her previous litter had only one black wolf that survived, Damien, though Potema had her eyes. "But I will not know until they arrive." She felt the fast battering again and shut her eyes, appreciating the soft massage it gave to her. At least these pups knew how to treat their mother, she thought, amused.

"You know Xan?" She asked, blinking curiously. "I have heard of him. What is he like?" She made her question sound innocent, but what would he suspect from her asking? He was merely a child.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Archive next post?

Leo blinked a few times, trying to process. "Hm. I guess that makes since," he replied. Still, he didn't see why they couldn't come out now. Life was strange in his eyes.

He nodded at Meldresi question. "Well, he isn't the really the greatest pup in the world. When I was at Bearclaw, he took advantage of me since I was the smallest. I didn't enjoy it too much, but family is family. I still liked him. Scarlett's puppies were like my own sisters and brothers." He sighed, "I wish they could be here sometimes."
”the voices”
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Meldresi stifled a yawn; she was not bored by the boy's stories, not at all. It was simply that carrying around a litter of her own was tiring, and the hormones that raged through her body encouraged sleep at the most inappropriate times; this being one of them. Instead of drifting to sleep as the boy talked, she decided to end this conversation now rather than later. "I am sure that one day you two will meet once more; you live very close after all." She began tightening the curl of her body around her swollen belly. "But if you'll excuse me, young man, I must take a nap. Holding puppies in you is tiring, I'm afraid." Her body impatient, she rested her head on her paws and quickly slid into sleep, regardless of the boy's response. If he was smart, he would leave her in peace. If he wasn't...well...he would learn. But none of that crossed Meldresi's mind as she snoozed, not that it mattered now anyway.