The Wall From sand to hard stone
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
All welcome!

Sebastian had explored the coast well, he even learned how to hunt seal, which was something that he hadn't expected. This was exactly why he headed out on his own to randomly connect with other wolves and even learning things. Still the young male was still out to gain some experience with talking to females, all the wolves he met were male and they hadn't been really helping with the fact that he could get terribly awkward around females. He just thought too much while talking to them. 

The seal meat did him well. His coat was shining and he didn't look too shabby for a wolf that was on his own. Still it had only been two months. It was autumn already and after that winter would come down on him. Maybe he would search for a pack to settle, or just go back to the Caldera when the winter was too harsh. Currently the young male was close to a rather thin ridge. He wondered if traveling over it would be safe or not. He also thought he could smell a pack nearby, maybe the plateau he looked down on was the pack's home.
Why sit still when there's a world out there?
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Hope you don't mind me ^^

Haven walked along the rocky ridge, stopping about every five seconds to look around. The young she-wolf had decided to go out of Jade Fern Grove to explore Teekon Wilds more, and see what else was out there. She was ever so curious and every step she took was more and more exciting for her. She'd walked all night it seemed, and though she wouldn't admit it, was a bit lost. Haven was generally a fine tracker, but sometimes she could get too caught up in her own exciting world and forget where she's even going or how to get back. She knew she would have to go back soon, for she couldn't stay away from her pack too long, but she was having so much fun exploring, so she decided to spend a couple more hours before trying to fin her way back home.

Haven came over a rock hill, looking out over the valley below her. She could definitely smell that there had been other wolves in the area, but one scent seemed pretty strong as if someone had been there recently. She stopped to inspect a curious pink mushroom, prodding it with her fluffy white paws. She shrugged and gave up on it. As soon as she looked up she saw another wolf walking over a nearby ridge. She dropped down, ears flattened against her head. This encounter would be different than her previous encounters. She'd only met other wolves in her pack since moving to Teekon Wilds, and this other wolf might not be as friendly. Nevertheless Haven had to meet him.

She stood up, her light colored pelt rippling in the ridged winds. She made a short and friendly bark, alerting the other wolf of her presence. Then she slowly padded in his direction, excited to meet him, yet worried he would rip her to shreds or worse. She stopped about ten feet away from him. He was a handsome dark grey and white wolf with eccentric blue eyes. She eyed him for a moment waiting for him to make a move, bright golden eyes glinted in the morning light. He didn't seem like a bad wolf, she'd just have to wait and see. Hi. I'm Haven. And you are? She asked in a friendly fashion, dipping her head respectfully.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Not at all!!! :3

Sebastian was careful on the ridge. He grew up on a cliff so he was used to dazzling heights. He disliked how it brought memories from his childhood. Since his own hadn't been particularly nice. Alas. He focussed on getting to a more wider part of the mountain area. That was when he was slightly startled by a bark. He stopped in his tacks and looked to see a female before him. He blinked for a moment. Oh-- A female. Just act normal. Don't over think it. She introduced herself and Sebastian was staring a bit. The light fell on her pelt and the wind even made it move like it was all soft and silky. "Uh---," he spoke being at loss for words for a moment. He gave himself a mental kick. "Hi!," he returned in greeting.

He had a gentle sway in his grey tail. His dark grey fur also shining in the light. He was a very big male and build like a tank. He hoped that she wasn't too intimidated by him. Sebastian was far from aggressive especially now he was on his own. His pale eyes scanned over her before he realized that he had to introduce himself. "I'm Sebastian," he greeted, ducking his head a bit down because he didn't want to come over as some arrogant jerk or something. No he was definitely not like that. He was fun! Yeah! He sniffed her for a moment, she did smell of other wolves, which mean that she was in a pack, though he wasn't sure which pack. He tried to smile at her, but he wasn't sure if it looked awkward or handsome. It probably was a bit of a handsome smile but Sebastian was certain it was one of his weird and awkward ones. "How are you, Miss Haven?," he then asked, realizing that he might sound awfully old fashioned. He was just trying to be polite.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven was amused as the large grey male stuttered to find his words. He seemed to have lost them. He said hi, and he seemed friendly enough. He was pretty big and intimidating, but Haven would never judge a book by its cover. For all she knew he could be more timid than a mouse. The tri-colored female wagged her fluffy white tipped tail a bit, excited to meet a lone wolf. She could tell he didn't have a pack for his smell wasn't obvious, as if he'd mingled with many different pack scents. He seemed to be staring at her for a second, and she smiled back at him comfortingly.

The grey male introduced himself as Sebastian, Haven nodded playfully and added, Nice name. Then Sebastian made a face. A very weird face. It was probably supposed to be a smile, but Haven couldn't place it. It was pretty cute, Is he trying to impress me or is he dying? She thought for a moment, before Sebastian finally spoke again. She laughed at his proper tone, before mocking Sebastian's old fashioned courtesy with her own, I'm quite fine Mr. Sebastian. I have just been out for a lovely stroll thank you. And you kind sir? Haven nodded with a childish grin, then sat down, hoping to have a chat with Sebastian.

I just xP
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Poor seb. xD *pets my awkward baby* 

Sebastian nodded slowly when the female complimented his name. Because there was so much history behind it he wasn't sure if he even wanted to be called Sebastian. Alas, he was so adjusted to it that he didn't want to change his name. Sebastian perked up his ears when she replied to him so poshly, like she was making fun of him. His head ducked down and he looked a bit awkward. He was just trying to be polite towards the girl. He decided that he was just going to talk normal from now on. He was totally normal. Except for well his family history. "I'm alright. Not doing anything in particular actually," he admitted. Great, now he sounded like he didn't have any ambition.

He liked to think that he was on some grand mission but truly he wasn't. He left his pack to protect them and since he was very interested in the aspect of having a female of his own. But for that he would really need to learn to communicate with them. Some were rather ... Feisty? Maybe he was just traditional in that way, even though his family was like not traditional as it could be. "Just be careful further up the road because your stroll could quickly become your last one if you aren't used to mountains and small ridges. The path becomes very small," he warned her. Sebastian always needed to take a moment to breathe. He was always so tense but sone he knew other wolves he was fun and loving.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Sebastian seemed a bit more awkward and sad after her last comment. Maybe he thinks I was actually insulting him. I guess I should lay low my sarcasm a bit. Haven thought, evaluating the male's posture. She nodded and looked around when he told her about how he hadn't done much with his day. Everything around the area seemed pretty drab, not much to do anyway. Haven took the moment of pause to quickly preen her silky white chest fur back down, for the wind was really messing with her. Haven always liked to look neat and clean, especially in the presence of cute males.

Sebastian told her to be careful further up the road, warning her of narrow ridges up ahead. She almost was a little hurt, for it almost sounded like he was dismissing her. She nodded and added, Well I wasn't really gonna go much further than this anyway. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to leave just yet though. This place is pretty drab, but its just so different from my home, its exciting. Where are you from Sebastian? She asked staring up at the large grey male with her big golden eyes. The young she-wolf was rather interested in her new acquaintance, and hoped to learn more about him.

Haven thinks she's so low key x3
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
This Dum-Dum xD

Sebastian was totally clueless about the female actually liking him or thinking he was cute. He was totally not trying to dismiss her it was just his mistake of words. He wanted to be thoughtful and kind. "Oh that is good, getting pretty steep," he admitted and then looked at her with his pale eyes. She was grooming her fur. Was she making herself look nicer for him? The male looked over her with a curious expression. He was just about to ask where her home was when the young male was asked a question himself. 

"I am from the North, but then I traveled down here and joined the Caldera wolves in the south for half a year," he explained. "Then I left because uh---" He fell quiet. Because he could say he wanted to keep them safe, which would bring up his whole father story which he didn't want to talk about. Then he had the whole female part, which was just embarrassing to admit. And then he could lie, but lying was bad. "Um-- Well there weren't any females my age... you know? All mated couples. So I felt left out and decided to -- um-- yeah," he ended in an embarrassed mumble. He looked up, clearly flustered. She was definitely thinking he was a loser now. He couldn't even man up and charm the female. Then he decided that he was going to be plain right honest. "I hoped to try and learn to talk to females... but more because... I clearly.. yeah. I'm horrible at this," he let out with a bit of a sigh, which soon turned into a bit of a chuckle. "Bet you think I am weird now."
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Oh boy xD

Haven watched Sebastian carefully as he spoke to her. He seemed so anxious and nervous, and she wasn't quite sure why. Did I do something wrong? Oh god does he think I'm weird? She thought, really hoping that wasn't the case. In reality, Sebastian was thinking the same thing to himself, but of course Haven wouldn't know that. Ah I see, you were having girl troubles huh! The beautiful wolf nodded with a teasing smile on her face. She crossed her paws and let him finish. He seemed pretty embarrassed, he laughed a bit. She laughed too, hoping to comfort him a bit. Your not horrible at this, you just need a little work that's all. Just be you, ladies will love you.

Haven stopped mid sentence, realizing how awkward that last statement was. She quickly re gathered herself, laughing nervously. Not like I love you or anything you know. I mean I like you, I think your cute but... I mean uhh, I don't love... She stopped knowing that she had only made things worse. She sighed and shuffled her paws for a moment. I guess I need a little work too huh? She smiled, wondering how an innocent conversation had gotten so awkward. The grey and golden mantled wolf sat there for a second, staring off at the sun in the distance. She turned back to Sebastian, wanting to say something. Something that wasn't there, instead she caught eyes with him and could only smile cheerfully.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Frankly that advise the female gave him was not something he hadn't heard before. Others had told him that too, to be himself. Sebastian looked at her, she teased him about having 'Girl problems'. Well that was one way to put it. He was about to go into that negative path when the female said he was cute. His ears turned forward and the grey male blinked. Soon she started mumbling like he did before. Sebastian had to laugh, and then they both seemed to be laughing. They were indeed both a little clumsily with the other gender. "I don't expected you to fall in love with me, actually," he returned with a chuckle. "That would be weird I hardly know you. You can be pretty and all, but maybe you are super mean underneath that prettiness. I don't know that yet."

Sebastian cleared his throat. "I didn't get a chance to ask where you are from," he spoke, trying not to steer back to that moment before. He was curious about where she was living, because depending on her location hat would make it a maker or a breaker. If she lived in the North Sebastian probably would never go there again. That horrible Saena lived there and she had injured him badly.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven was extremely relieved when Sebastian saved her from herself. She nodded along with his words and flashed him a gracious glance. Then the large grey male changed the subject. Thank goodness, Haven thought, straightening her posture as he asked her the question. The golden eyed female took in a big breath and began. Well its a long story. I was born far away from Teekon Wilds, in this pack called Ivory Falls. My parents were the Alphas and I had four siblings. It was great there, I eventually became beta and everything. But about 3 and a half months ago there was a huge forest fire and I was out hunting when it happened. Haven paused to catch her breath, and let sink in her previous explanation.

So I got separated from my pack and everyone else. I went back to search for them but they were gone. I don't blame them for leaving. It would be nearly impossible to find my scent past all the burnt smell. Haven was still trying to convince herself that her family hadn't simply forgotten her. She missed them so much, and she hoped that they missed her too. She could only keep telling herself that they'd meet again. So after I gave up on looking for them I went out to find a new pack. I came to Teekon Wilds and chose to join the Jade Fern Grove pack. They've been good to me, and I really like it there. Its a while to the east of here. She jerked her head in the direction hence she came.

She turned back to Sebastian with a smile and shrugged, Yeah its cool there. I like it, but I like to explore. That's how I got here. But for the record, the Grove is way nicer than this place. Not enough trees for my liking. Haven nodded, as if agreeing to her own statement. She couldn't think of anything more to say at the moment, so she waited and hoped Sebastian could come up with something before things got awkward again.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was surprised when he got her whole backstory, normally wolves weren't so open, including himself. Sebastian's backstory was extensive so he couldn't really explain it that quickly. He listened with compassion. The male had quite some empathy for others and hearing about her story made him feel a bit of her pain. He had that currently with RHC, because they were his family and he had left them. "Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe one day you will find them," he offered some positivity. 

"That name sounds... somehow a bit familiar, I think. Not sure," he spoke then, relaxing more. He was indeed not thinking so much and he just looked better. A bit more of his charm was showing. "Oh I don't mind the mountains. I was born on a cliff, Thorn Ledge," he explained. It was like it sounded, not a very nice place, the thorns were really there, especially growing on the cliff. He disliked to reveal too much about it. "But I understand why you might like a forest more," he returned on a friendly tone. 

She hadn't said anything about searching for a male. Though, until now the female looked friendly and nice. It could be something, but Sebastian wasn't going to settle down that easily. If he knew that JFG was a sworn enemy of Black Feather it might make things even more dramatic. Sebastian quirked up his lips a bit. "Have you find anything interesting on your explorations?"
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven smiled graciously to Sebastian as he offered his apologies.  Thank you. She mumbled, very grateful to get the male's sympathy. Sebastian seemed more relaxed now, and Haven did as well. Everything was sailing smoothly. The grey and golden female nodded as he spoke, and found it interesting that he had been born in this Thorn Ledge place. She wondered why he had left there. She was going to ask before Sebastian continued with a new question.

Well I did come pretty far from my original home, so it feels like I should have found more amazing places. But no not really. I've only ever seen forests and mountains, I've never been anywhere like a cavern or the coast. That would be really awesome. I guess once you've seen one mountain or forest you've seen them all. They're all pretty, but there still all just trees and rocks. Haven gestured to her surroundings, all the grey and brown tones of the ridges. She shrugged, turning back to her acquaintance and sighing.

A new question peaked her mind, and she asked in a friendly tone, What about you? You ever been anywhere exciting?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian gently moved his tail behind him as he listened to her. This female was definitely chatty and kind. He kinda liked that since from feisty ladies he usually got a bit nervous, not knowing what to say. She talked about regions and where to go to then ask about him. "I actually have to disagree. Some mountains and forests are very different from one another, they all have their own vibe," he returned on a more serious but kind tone. 

"Actually. I just came back from my first time at the coast and I must say that I really like it. I learned some wonderful new things and it was really great," he hummed. Sebastian was a happy guy and leaning something new was really great. There weren't too many wolves at the coast but that could always change. Maybe if he did find a cool female and she didn't want to come to RHC with him he would be starting his own pack at the coats. It would be away from the wolves he wanted to avoid. All perfect.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven nodded as Sebastian contradicted her. Everyone has their own opinions. She shrugged, listening with a soft wag of her tail. Suddenly Sebastian said something that really sparked the she-wolf's interest. You've been to the coast! Wow that's amazing? What did you do there? Were there lots of wolves? Were they different from mountain and forest wolves? In all of her excitement, Haven bombarded the grey male with questions, not noticing till a moment later that she might've been a little overwhelming.

Haven stopped, a little embarrassed, That probably seemed a little rude. Sorry. She mumbled with a smile, her face hot. She was still trying to get used to not being around her family, her brothers and sisters. They had never had to watch what they said around each other and they would never think any less of each other. Meeting new wolves was hard and awkward for Haven. She hoped Sebastian wouldn't think she was rude or anything, because she really wasn't. She liked hi a lot.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled when the female seemed impressed with him. The young male puffed his chest a bit in a cute way and nodded. "Yes," he confirmed again. He just came from the coast actually. "It was really different and there were weird creatures but I hunted and ate them. It was really fun and exciting. I really liked it there," he spoke about the region. The male looked back fondly at his time at the sea. Even though he never really saw himself as a leader maybe if he had a mate that didn't want to join RHC he could maybe find or start a pack there. It was also away from his father. 

"There weren't many wolves at all, really. They weren't too different. Though I did met another female that thought i was some lost son of hers. But other than that they seemed cool," he stated. His face looked sincere and he smiled softly. Though it changed when she spoke about being rude. "No you aren't? Don't worry," he assured. He shifted a bit in his step away from the edge. "Would you want to see the sea? I could show you," he asked, a glint of adventure in his eyes.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven watched as Sebastian puffed out his chest more, trying to be impressive. He is so cute! She thought, her tail swishing back and forth behind her. She listened to him intently, staying quiet and not interrupting. She tried to imagine the weird creatures he spoke of, what could they look like? How weird is weird? Sebastian seemed to have really enjoyed it there. Haven wished she could go as well.

The grey she-wolf laughed when he told her about the female who thought he was her son. Talk about awkward. She mumbled humorously, staring up at him with her bright golden eyes. Suddenly, Sebastian popped a new question. Go to the coast, with him! She thought eyes widening with excitement. To Haven that could have possibly been the most amazing thing to ever happen. Sebastian seemed very adventurous, she could see it in his icy blue eyes. She was about to shout yes, we=hen another thought popped into her mind. 

I would absolutely love to! That would be amazing! But I have a pack now, I should probably tell them first. I don't want them thinking I abandoned them. She looked away, angry at herself for getting so excited and now possibly have blown it. Should I just go? Or should I go tell them where I'm going first? I don't know, I don't think Bazi would mind, she's pretty chill. AghghghghghggHHGH! She pondered the thought for a moment, then finally decided, You know what? Lets go! The Grove pack shouldn't mind. I'm still just in the lower tier anyway they won't be missing me much. Thank you Sebastian. She gave him a respectful nod and came to her paws. After a quick shake of her silvery tinted pelt, she sighed and turned to her new friend, Ok then! Which way are we going?

Oooh road trip! Would you like to conclude the thread and start another at the coast?
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at the female and nodded a bit. "It was, but that is another story," he returned to her. Sebastian watched as she was making a decision. For a moment there was a very bad thought that went through his mind. If he was mean like his father, a murderer that he was, then well he could just lure her away and kill her without her pack knowing. She was going with him on a trip with a total stranger. Sebastian almost felt a bit flattered even that she would want to go with him. 

"I am not taking responsibility for getting you in trouble," he pointed out. He was through the ice now, he had broken it and now he could just be himself a bit more. Less awkward, at least he hoped. He eyed at her for a moment with some amusement. "But if you are in the lower tier don't you want to work hard to get to the middle or even upper one?," he pointed out, with a bit of a chuckle. It seemed that her decision was made. "Well we have to go over that small ledge. Why don't you follow me?," he offered.

- Fade, To be continued in Sequoia Coast -

I will archive, can you made a new one at the coast. Totoka River/Cerulean Cape-ish?