Silvertip Mountain Forgive me, son
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Private 
Starting this now, just to give us time to play it out for threads that come after. This is set October 16th. @Zaria to post next, then @Mason. I'll jump in with June too :)

It was time. The month since they had gone exclusive had gone so well. FitzDutiful and Zaria just seemed to work together so well, as far FitzDutiful was concerned anyway. They had spent practically every spare moment together and separated only when they had to. The only downside had been hiding it from his children. They had had some 'fun' in the den but he always felt the need for it to be over quickly in case the kids came home. Already there had been one too many close calls.

Today, he decided, they were going to tell the children. He wanted things to become official with Zaria anyway and telling the children would be easier if they were mates too. He figured that was best to check that Zaria was on-board with that too so he asked to meet her later, at the family home.

"Zaria," he said after greeting her warmly, "I want to tell the children about us - I thought that might be easier to do if we were officially mates. I'm ready for that, if you are too. You could move in with us as well - officially." It had been a full phase of the moon, yet it seemed only yesterday. Even though they were taking this commitment he knew deep down that if things were too harsh and went wrong, then they could always call it off. It didn't have to be forever, though he desperately wanted it to be.
Best thing you will ever see
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria was by Fitz's side, it wasn't that much of a shocker. She had been surprised with herself as how often she was around the male. She didn't think she would enjoy his company as much as she did. The mate-thing was going surprisingly well, so when Fitz started about wanting to make it official it only seemed natural to Zaria. She realized she actually was one man kind of girl. She didn't need a whole army to tell her how amazing she was. It turned out she was just as happy with Fitz adoring her.

She didn't see any difficulty in telling the children since she was oblivious to Mason's crush. "Yes. But I will not be mother. I will be friend and adult they can always go to. Sure some teaching but not raising," she spoke. She liked June and Mason but she felt like they reached an age that a 'new mother' would be seen as worse rather than 'New Alpha and wolf who their father loves very much'. She licked over his cheek. "I already live in your den... but yeah. Better. Because I never ever want share you with other female," she pointed out.
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
XD

Mason bustled into the den with a small tuft of fluff in his mouth. The tail of a rabbit - he had almost caught it! It had scarpered down its den on the base of the mountain with its skin intact but its dignity dangerously bruised. The peppered boy stopped short when he saw Zari and his Dad - a frequent occurrence lately. He didn't mind, because it meant he was able to bashfully watch the beautiful girl without having to give too much explanation for his staring.

A little more sedate about his discovery, Mason still danced forwards with his tail wagging to spit the fluff at his Dad's paw. "Dad, Zari, I almost gotta rabbit!" He gasped excitedly as his orange eyes washed trivially over his omnipresent father before lingering over his obsession. Her forest-coloured fur was emblazoned on the backs of his eyelids before he went to sleep, and it made his heart do funny somersaults to think about her.
With a determine wrench he looked back over his shouder. "Joo should be here soon" despite being able to pronounce her name now, Mason never tired of calling his sister by the affectionate nickname Joo - she was his favourite wolf in the whole world. "She was with me  - " he turned to grin at Zari again "wait until she shows you what SHE managed to get..."
130 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
June was indeed there soon, she came trotted after Mason with her tail slumped and her head bowed low. "Ayson." she said in a kind of whiney tone, "It got away." It had taken her ages to catch that frog, though apparently she had forgotten the most important aspect of hunting - make sure the creature was actually dead and not playing dead. That one had been playing dead and after she put it down to investigate a flower she'd seen, she turned back to find it had hopped away. Still, Mason had his trophy of rabbit tail and she was proud of big brother. He always made sure that the fluff wouldn't get away and June realised that she was going to have to practice a whole lot more than she had. 

She realised that they weren't alone and reservedly greeted both FitzDutiful and Zaria. June loved them both dearly, but Mason was the only one she freely piled affection on to. Whether that was the age or the way he had always been the one that had never left her side, she couldn't have said. All she knew was that he was the foundation for her, and she was his. The two of them, together forever.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Without even having to call them, Mason and June turned up. One had a bit of tail fluff while the other proclaimed that they had lost whatever it was and he smiled warmly. Oh how he hoped, knew, they were going to be happy about this. How happy was he to share this news with the two of the most important wolves in this pack. FitzDutiful vaguely wondered if they realised this might mean they would be a big brother and sister within the next year.

"I'm very proud of you both!" he told them with much warmth, love and affecting in his voice, "a bit more practice and you'll have the entire thing!" he said explicitly to Mason - he was progressing well with the hunting, "and the animal to show off" he said more to June, he wondered what it was she had caught.

"We've got some news," he said, his tail wagging happily, glancing at Zaria as he did so. "Me and Zaria, we're going to be mates." he wondered if he should say something about how Zaria didn't replace their mother but then, they never really knew their mother so there wasn't really anyone to replace. Instead, he looked at Zaria fondly before turning back to his children letting Zaria speak if she wanted to and watching to see how happy his kids were with the news.
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria stood by Fitz as the two pups came to them, it seemed they were usually around. How they were not caught in the act yet by one of them was close to a wonder. Zaria wouldn't mind being seen. She was very natural and pretty possessive. She would only like it when the others would see how Fitz wanted her and not anyone else. Alas, maybe not so tactical to do so. "I also proud. Very good," she praise both of them, and Zaria wasn't one to praise a lot. She truly meant it.

Zaria turned her head when Fitz spoke about news, she realized that it was about them, and turned to see their reactions. She wasn't sure. She eyed at Fitz when he turned to look a her for a moment. Should she say something too? Or was that out of order. There wasn't going to change too much, she was usually in the den with them, snuggled between Fitz and Mason. They seemed to want to be close to her the most. "Not much change, only now, we ... " She paused for a moment. "We .. love and we together."
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason twisted around on himself to give June a nudge of comfort when she admitted that her well-earned catch had escaped. He gave her a frown, to show quietly that he understood her frustration (after all he had only recently started catching tails) before she greeted Dad and Zari. Mason’s orange eyes turned on his father as he exclaimed over their near-catches, clearly the proud father. Zaria also praised him, which set his heart alight. He smiled happily, tail wagging.

The smile froze on his face. Orange eyes widened as he tried to gulp in some air. He wasn’t sure if he had heard correctly. His gaze flitted between Zari and his father, wondering if this was all some sick joke. The news was certainly descending into the pit of his stomach and settling there unpleasantly.

How he had not seen it coming was a question for another day. Zari had been staying in their den at the invitation of Dad, but she had always slept close to Mason… and, he now realised with another thump of sorrow to his chest, FitzDutiful.

The feeling in his stomach began to bubble and rot, like a cancer eating away at him from the inside. Mason couldn’t move, and his hearing began to waver, with a ringing clamouring in his ears. He felt dizzy and sick, and could not even turn to see how June had taken this news. She couldn’t have known, or she would have told him. 

What his expression looked like from the outside, he could not have known, but it was something akin to stupefied horror. Had he realised, he would not have cared how much this was likely to hurt his father. After all, it was Mason who had been dealt this – the unkindest cut of all.
130 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
June didn't see how mason reacted. For her this didn't make much difference at all; she wasn't entirely sure what mates were but Zaria explained that they loved each other and June understood that. She stood for a moment, analysing Zaria with a curious stare. There was no reaction there and though she could tell that Mason's tail had stopped wagging, she didn't realise the root cause.

Her mind was on a different track and so she looked at Zaria directly; "You mommy now?" She hadn't know another mother, Zaria was as much of one as she had ever had but was she supposed to call her so? She glanced at FitzDutiful, including her pops in the question in case he had a preference.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
This could have gone so much better.... so much better. What was it about kids that they never reacted in the way that you intended? FitzDutiful had planned for this news to go down like leaves from a trees; smoothly and calmly. Yes he had wanted the children to be happy about the news - to be excited that they were part of a normal style family. Instead Mason just looked shocked and desperately hurt and June was asking if Zaria was a mother replacement.

FitzDutiful decided that June's question was better answered by Zaria and left that, instead he said a rather generic statement after whatever answer she would give (if she even gave one) that was mainly directed at Mason. "This doesn't mean I don't love you, we both love you. It just means we also love each other. It doesn't take anything away from you, it means I can give you more because Zaria's here to help too. Do you understand that?"

He looked at his mate, fear clear in his eyes, though he made sure to hide it before looking back at his children. Where had they gone wrong?
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria looked at Mason and instantly felt like something was wrong. Normally he would be happy but now he looked devastated. The slender female wasn't sure what happened or why the young male was acting like that. He didn't say anything to confirm what was happening. Zaria stepped forward and looked at him with a genuinely curious expression. "Mason?," she asked. It was clear that the youngster wasn't happy with them becoming mates, it seemed so unlikely of him to feel this way.

Zaria then turned to June who asked something about her becoming her mother. "No,' she spoke, sounding not too unfriendly. "I will never be your mother. I will be good friend. One to go to and mentor. I am not calling myself your mother because I don't feel like your mother." She didn't want to com over as harsh, and she spoke her words with care but she could see that her words might be swallowed the wrong way. Not that Zaria was worried about that. She was very direct and wouldn't hesitate to let her opinion known. She would never be their mother. They would always look at her as their step-mom. Plus she had not ambitions yet in being a mother.

Zaria turned to Fitz, luckily he made it sound much better than she did. "Zaria warrior and always protect. You are family," she assured, though she wasn't becoming their mother while they were close to adulthood.
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason heard Zaria say his name but the concern did nothing to alleviate his feelings of numb disbelief. He could feel his insides bubbling uncomfortably. His Dad's words meant nothing to him. What was he supposed to say to this? Was he given an option? No effing chance. All he was being given was a decision - made without his input - to thrust another member into their family. A member he had hoped would join their family through an entirely different route. His daydreams were shattered.

June suggested Zaria being their mother and he felt a sharp twist to his gut, as though a claw had been thrust in and ripped him asunder. All of the acid which had been churning in his stomach gave a lurch. Zaria gave her reply (thankfully not calling herself a mother because she didn't feel that way apparently) but it was not enough. They didn't know the landslide of manure they had tipped over his heart. Suddenly the nausea became too much as he watched his Dad and Zaria gaze into each others eyes, all happiness and daisies.

With the very coolness of cucumber, Mason turned his back on his Dad and Zaria and began to heave his guts out.
130 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
I suck! Last post from June here.

Everything was going strange but June didn't really mind. At least, she wasn't that bothered until Mason started being sick then she looking concerned. "Ryuu." she stated before turning and galloping off. She didn't know what was wrong with Mason, she didn't understand his affection for Zaria or why the thing between them was such an issue. All she cared about was that Mason was sick and Ryuu was training to be a healer.

So she ran; she ran until she was distracted by a funny squirrel, then she temporarily forget her quest. Much later she would return home and then realise she had been going to find Ryuu.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
He didn't know what to say at all. June got her question answered, Mason started being sick and then June ran off for Ryuu. "Good idea," FitzDutiful called after his daughter, wondering what on earth was going on and how things had escalated so quickly. He looked at his son, concerned clear in his face before glancing at Zaria to see if she had any ideas. He might have first aid knowledge but this was so sudden he could only put it down to something Mason had ate; maybe whatever he had caught.

"You okay, son?" he asked kindly, trying not to let the worry slip through, "Just get it all up, lovely. It'll be better after. Just got to get whatever made you sick out of your system." Water, that was the best thing but he didn't know how to get water here. He'd have to wait until Mason could walk then make him go to the nearby source.

He walked closer to his son, trying to provide support by touching Mason ever so slightly. "There there" he echoed, "It'll be okay."
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria actually stepped back when the youngster suddenly vomited. What had gotten him so sick recently? She didn't know anything about curing things, only about poisoning. Normally this would be the point she would run away but she couldn't really do that with Mason. Still she said that she wouldn't be their parent and it was Fitz that jumped to comfort him. Though when she analyzed it all it might not be food that was the reason. She stepped closer to where Fitz was comforting his son.

"Fitz.. I don't think he wants," she spoke. Because she recognized some of his expressions before. She felt like she had some of those expression once she was in her family pack. Zaria frowned. Did Mason just get sick from their announcement or did he really ate something wrong? She was certain she hadn't laid any poisons around for the pup to pick up and eat it.
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Sorry this took me so long

Mason heard June leave – being as in tune as they were he expected she was going to get help. Mason heard Fitz come up close and speak to him in that calm fatherly way. He wished it was just a bad frog he had eaten again. But it wasn’t. He heard Zaria’s voice pipe into the scene, and he could hear that she was more unsure. He doesn’t want.  Too right!

Mason managed to stop the heaving by sheer force of stubborn will. He had already emptied his stomach and there was nothing left to bring up anyway.

Tears fresh in his eyes, he looked up at his Dad with despair. “I can’t…” he croaked. Then he sprang away like a spring rabbit, darting from his pool of sick, wishing he could shed and abandon his feelings in much the same way. They would not see Mason again until the pack meet.
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Last post :)

Mason sprang away and FitzDutiful just watched him go. With a confused look on his face, he turned to look at his mate - the woman he loved. The bewilderment clear he just shook his head to clear it before leading the way back to their den. "I guess he'll be okay." he murmured softly, maybe too quiet for Zaria to hear as he contemplated what had just occurred. That wasn't the reaction he had anticipated for their mateship announced. Since when did you ever get what was planned though?