Overture Downs If I ever fall in love...
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 

Sebastian trotted away from the fern grove into the meadow like landscape. He hadn't been too close to Haven's pack borders. He wanted to bring her home, but he kept his distance out of respect to the others. He hoped the female wasn't getting too much trouble because she spend some time with him, a few days actually. Sebastian was really surprised and it felt rather natural. He learned that females didn't need a different approach than males as long as he was just respectful. He could do that. Maybe he would run into Haven again. So far this valley seemed nice enough to stick around.

The lone male trotted over the plains, liking the fact that he traveled a good distance. Now he could relax and explore his surroundings. He stopped by a stream and drink some of the fresh water. Could he consider Haven his friend now? He wasn't sure. He would probably need more hang out sessions before he could determine such things. Sebastian sat down, feeling rather pleased with himself that he even managed to get along with one female. This was going in the right direction. And if Haven wasn't interested in him, or liked him enough, then he could always see if there were other females around. He also met the golden female Ayana... She had been a lone wolf like him. He hadn't seen her around really. Maybe the same thing would happen with Haven. Oh well. He was rather absorbed in thought, thinking about girls. Typical.
14 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Even in the midday sun the air was still a cool breeze rushing through her fur. She didn't mind though she had swum in colder waters. She smiled at the thought. This place was nice from what shed seen of it so far and the wolves here weren't "horrible" company. At least, not of the ones she had met. She hadn't been here long enough to know everyone. 

Celeste trailed amongst the tall grasses, she wasn't sure she entirely liked how open this area was. Especially since she was on her own.  If there were any angry wolves around her she had certainly given the the perfect opportunity for an ambush. She picked up the scent of another wolf nearby. Although this wolf didn't have the scent of many on it. Indicating this wolf was lone like her. Her ears twitched as the very scarce remainder of bugs flew by. 

The sleek black female followed the scent to a small stream where a rather fluffy wolf was taking a drink. She paused for a moment eyeing the stranger. Deciding if it was a good idea to approach. She decided against approaching him directly but instead she lay near the water and took a drink. Perhaps, if this wolf wished to converse he would approach her rather than the other way around. She glanced at him periodically to make sure he wasn't going to hurt her. She was a tad more cautious with male wolves because she found they tended to fight more than they socialize. 

Hope this was alright haha.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Of course!! :3

Sebastian hadn't said goodbye to the one female until he was approached by another one. Sebastian watched as she came closer, not really approaching him directly like most wolves would. It gave him the impression that she was a rather timid female, though he could be wrong. Maybe she was just more polite. Sebastian knew he was immense in size for a male. He looked like a brute but he was far from. His father was the brute not him. Sebastian turned to her a bit, seeing her eye at him from time to time. He let out a friendly chuff before stepping closer. "Hello," he greeted. 

His grey tail let out a friendly sway behind him. He got onto his four paws and stepped closer out of curiosity. The male didn't look too vicious as he stepped closer to the dark furred female. "I'm Sebastian," he introduced on a friendly tone. She didn't smell of a pack, at first glance she might look like a Black Feather wood spy, but her scent told him otherwise. She didn't smell of swamp. Then the awkwardness was settling in again. He was rather new to the whole female thing. He was definitely interested but his skills with flirting and trying to be charming for a female was still a tough thing to tackle. "Are you from around here?"
14 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Since the wolf hadn't attacked her but rather approached her instead she decided he wasn't going to hurt her. The wolf came closer and greeted her with a hello and a name. Sebastian. Hm. Nice name. Wolf parents seemed to name pups well. First Haven and now Sebastian. She gave the wolf a small smile and sat up turning to face hi allowing her tail to tap the round lightly. 

Sebastian was a large wolf but strangely friendly. Although she was sure she'd stand no chance in a fight against him. Nor would many. "Hey," she said standing to her feet. "My name is Celeste, it's a pleasure to meet you," she said sounding a tad too formal. Awkward. Although he seemed almost as awkward as she was. He asked her if she was from around here and she decided it was a fairly harmless question "Nah, I'm new to the area as of a few nights ago. I'm from a place far east of here" she said glancing in the general direction. "What about you, you from around here?" she said politely returning the question.

She gave herself chance to give the wolf a good look over. Large, fluffy, seemed nice yet slightly intimidating. However Celeste didn't let it show. Overall the wolf was fairly handsome with the mixed gray coat and blue eyes like her own.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was rather clueless to his handsomeness. He often thought of himself too big of a giant and mean looking. But that was probably because he looked just like his father Burke and well he was the Dark King of Black Feather. Sebastian hated it when people confused him with the alpha. He was not like him, only in coat color. Maybe he was so friendly just so he wasn't like his father at all, whom he hated. The young male pushed his ears forward, showing that he was listening. "That is a pretty name," he complimented. 

The male quirked up his lips at that question. "I am not born here, but I have been in these lands for quite some moons," he returned. "I do know my way around, especially in the south to this area I am actually new too," he admitted. It was not a shameful thing to admit. Maybe he found another exploring buddy. She was a dark colored female but she looked friendly enough. Sebastian's tail flickered behind him in a friendly wag, curious about her. So far he was getting better being less awkward around females. "It is pretty nice here, I am usually found behind those mountains,' he pointed out.
14 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Celeste offered him a smile and a wag of her tail as he complimented her well chosen name. "Thank you, I like yours as well," she stated realizing only after she had said it how awkward it came across. "That sounded a lot better in my head." She mused.  

She listened as he too told her that he wasn't born here but he had been in the wilds a while. "Do you like it here?" she asked a curious tilt to her head. The male admitted that he was new to this particular area of the wilds but he knew his way around the south a lot. "Sounds like an adventure waiting to happen," she joked. "We should take a look around, since we are both lost here so to speak. Who knows maybe we'll find something even the packs don't know about," she stated despite the chances of that actually happening being very slim. 

"What's on the other side of those mountains?" she asked glancing in the direction of the mountains. The range was reasonably large and perhaps she would take a trip up there on her own sometime. See what the view is like. "Personally you'll typically find me near water, I love swimming and I am getting better at fishing," she stated. "I'll admit, it's hard," she said recalling the times she had fallen in the water trying to catch them. 

Tada haha
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian quirked up his lips. "Oh thank you," he returned. He laughed softly because he had that all the time. "Don't worry you are good," he assured her. He wasn't judging her or anything. He wasn't a wolf for that. He wanted to get to know someone before judging them. Sebastian had to think about his next answer because yes he liked it here, even though his father was living her and making his life miserable. Sebastian nodded slowly. "It is a very nice area," he returned to her not feeling like having to speak too much about his past. 

"That does sound exciting. We should," he agreed. Now he was the one who was going along with a stranger. Sebastian wanted to be more adventurous instead of serious. The young male went away from his pack to do all of this as a bachelor. Then he would settle down with a hopefully a nice female. "On the other side are the Flatlands, other packs and the Wilderness, my pack was there. I departed from there a few weeks ago," he returned. Sebastian still thought fondly about the Caldera wolves. But there just weren't a lot of wolves of his age at the time.

"Oh I am a excellent fisherman actually!," he returned. Sebastian wasn't one to brag but when he still lived in Canada at his old pack he often was found fishing instead of hunting deer. He didn't want to get too bulky, in the end that didn't happen. Maybe if he was more of a runner then he would be so broad. "I love the water too. It depends, it isn't always hard!"
14 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Celeste felt a wave of embarrassment flooding over her despite him saying that it was ok. She still felt super awkward about it. However he seemed not to be too bothered by the fact. Perhaps the same thing had happened to him once. "That's good, anything or anyone I should not be socializing with. Like, packs i shouldn't go near?" she asked curiously. Perhaps if there were any angry packs he would know of them. He had in fact been here longer than her so. 

Dusk was beginning to fall and a smile began to grow on the sleek faes face. "I don't suppose you happen to mind travelling at night. Do you?" she asked tilting her head. She hoped it wouldn't be too much of a problem if they happened to be out once it got dark. 

"Oh, that's interesting. So you left that pack to go lone? Something happen there?" she questioned but then regretted it. She shouldn't really be digging into Sebastian's private life they had only just met. "On second thought, ignore that question. It's really none of my business." she stated dipping her head apologetically. 

"You fish?!?" she chuffed happily. "I haven't met another wolf that enjoyed fishing, I was the only one at my birth pack," she stated briefly remembering trying to teach her brother how to fish. She smiled at the thought. "I've always loved water, even as a pup. When I was small my mother told me i used to just lay in puddles and refuse to move, despite the potential to catch a chill," she chuckled softly wagging her tail slowly back and forth. 

"My brother isn't so much a fan of the whole water thing. I used to drive him insane when I splashed him," she mused the smile growing. She was enjoying the memories that were trailing through her brain. She snapped herself out of it when she remembered she was with someone."Oh uh sorry about that, next time you should just tell me to shut up. I can ramble sometimes..." she trailed off feeling more embarrassed than before.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian saw her awkwardness but didn't comment on it since he could be awkward himself at times. He was getting better at this. But then one question came and he grunted slightly. "Black Feather Woods, don't go there. They are horrible. Redhawk Caldera can be pretty tough to get into but they are great, and my previous pack. Oh-- The Rise wolves are horrible. They attacked me without reason. Saena is their alpha and she is crazy," Sebastian pointed out. Only the thing was that Redtail Rise didn't exist. They moved to Phoenix Maplewood. Oh well, he couldn't have known that since he didn't go there to get attacked again. 

"No, I don't. But we can always grab some hours of sleep, I guess? I mean. How far do you plan on traveling? I kinda want to stay in this valley though," he admitted looking towards Jade Fern Grove. He wasn't the one to just leave a female hanging like that and he kinda liked hanging out with Haven he would feel guilty for going somewhere else with another female even though it would only be our of friendship. "Umm.. yes I did," he returned. He shrugged lightly. "It is okay. They just didn't have females of my age, they were all mated couples and then I just went out on my own."

Sebastian then listened to Celeste and her endless rambling about her past and how much she loved water. The large male wasn't quick to get annoyed and was rather calm of nature so he just listened to the female. "It is okay. I am sure you had a good childhood then," he hummed. "I have an idea, how about we look for a river and see if we can catch some fish. I know it isn't the time of year for it but we can always try."
14 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
The grey male spoke of several packs to be wary of and Celeste took note. "Thank you," she said politely. It was good to know ahead of time so she didn't find herself in any sort of trouble. She couldn't hold her own well in a fight and so if they could be avoided. She would. 

"I really wasn't planning on going far, I was going to stick to the valley since you said you hadn't really been in this area. I figured since we were both kinda lost in the area we could take a look around," she said with a small shrug. "Honestly I had no place in mind, I just like to be out at night. I sleep some but i get alot during the day time. All my hunting is done at night because its easier for me not to be seen in the dark," she chuckled slightly, having said the same to Haven. 

Sebastian explained that back in his old pack there were a lot of mated wolves so he just left to go out on his own and Celeste decided that was a fairly good reason. "Makes sense," she said with a nod. Then Sebastian brought up the idea of finding a lake and seeing if there were any fish. "Well, I was at a river a few nights ago not far from here, Just east of the Jade Fern Grove pack," she stated. "I don't know that there was many fish, I didn't see many when i went swimming," she mused and shrugged. She chose not to comment on her childhood further, in case other wolves weren't so fortunate.

"It's a start, what do you think? Unless you need sleep, in which case, we could rest," she said glancing around for a moment. This wolf made for reasonable company. He seemed nice enough and he loved water like she did.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian let out a soft 'oh' when she corrected him on not wanting too far. Guess he had been mistaken about her plans. Luckily she didn't seem too bothered about it. Sebastian glanced over the dark colored female for a moment. He then smiled at her. "Gotcha," he laughed, because of her dark coat of course she was more of a night hunter. Sebastian was up when he could. He liked the night but he was more of a twilight and dawn wolf instead of day or night. He liked to sleep at night but naps in the sun were just as great. 

Sebastian looked around and sniffed the air, there had to be water close by. This valley sustained packs, and he found days of traveling too far to just fish for an afternoon. Call him picky but he liked to stay around here. Sebastian then turned and decided that this was was the right direction. "Lets head this way," he suggested. They might stumble upon a smaller river. Often he was surprised to find bigger fish there too. Maybe some smaller ones would challenge his fisherman skills. 

"I'm good," he smiled. "Don't worry. I will tell you if I need anything," he reassured and quirked up is lips into a grin. Sebastian started walking. He didn't know this but they would end up around Duck Lake which housed small rivers and ditches.
14 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Celeste smiled and laughed as the gray male in front of her understood where she was coming from. The sky was growing dim and she was becoming a slight bit more hungry. It was time to hunt. Her tail twitched happily at the thought. She sniffed around and sighed as her sense of direction was failing her right now. Surely there was a river around here somewhere. 

Her gaze returned to Sebastian as he seemed to have a better idea of where he was going as he suggested they walk this way. Perhaps he was onto something. She gave a subtle shrug and then nodded. "Sure, lets go," she said with a friendly smile as she began to walk slowly. The air was cool through her fur. The nights were getting colder which means the winter months were soon approaching. She wondered if she ought to find the shelter of a pack for the winter. Surely if hunting was hard now it certainly wasn't going to be any easier once everything froze. She couldn't fish in the winter time since most of the water sources froze protecting the fish under a layer of ice. Lucky buggars.  She mused. 

Sebastian mentioned he was fine as far as sleep went and in Celeste's eyes that was probably good as she had way too much energy to rest right now. She chuckled as Sebastian said he would let her know if he needed anything. "I'm sure," she teased. 

Heh..... Sorry for the really late reply. Been super busy. I got put in charge of something at the same time im trying to manage work and college applications. Ah. Not as easy as it looks :P
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
All good. I was afraid that you wouldn't return. You can put yourself on Absence by 'Edit Profile' then next time the others know if you will return or not! :)

It didn't take too long for the male to find some water source, being al one wolf that was one of the first things to take notice of. The second was prey animals. But since water usually contained fish and Sebastian being a skill fisherman he would often look for water first. The large male stepped into a creek that became wider and wider. Good, the fish should be here but naturally. Now he only needed to wait for them to appear. He studied many herons to master the skill.

His pale eyes turned to the black female. "Now we wait," he spoke more softy, as he didn't want to disturb the fish. The water was cold but not too cold that it was bothering the wolf. The grey male slowed down his breathing a bit too. He wanted to complete absorb the surroundings. He always grew so calm from fishing. His eyes slowly turning to the water. Trying to see if the moving shapes were coming.