Moonspear New Home
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
All Welcome 
Thistle moved about the pack lands anxious to find places to gather herbs. It was almost winter, but she wanted to have a good idea for when Spring did come. She traveled downward towards the place he said there should be a forest. She wasn't certain about it, but she thought she had the general direction.

She hadn't met anyone yet, stayed away from the other leader purposefully actually. She feared her quick temper and scalding tongue may get her in trouble. She had not been happy about this move, and she still wasn't entirely. She was upset with Charon, but also the female even if it wasn't exactly fair.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash was settling in to his new home, though still adjusting to being surrounded by a bunch of wolves and not being attacked by them. It was a nice feeling, though he had only let his guard down with a handful of them so far. His days were filled with walking the pack lands, getting accustomed to being bound by the mountain. While he was used to traveling miles a day, the mountain was pretty big, and took a different kind of stamina to traverse it. He learned quickly that going up at an angle was far easier than trying to go straight up.

It was even easier going down, which he currently was. He felt more comfortable lower on the mountain, nestled in the woods where he could hide. He had yet to pick a den spot, not wanting anyone to be able to find him whenever they wanted just yet.

His gait was stopped when he came upon Thistle's scent. He had caught it once or twice since they had moved, but she proved to be more elusive than he. This time, though, it was stronger, like she had just come through. In hopes of finding her, he tracked it, finally catching a glimpse of her after a short while. He stopped, chuffed to get her attention. He wasn't sure if she wanted company, and gave her a chance to tell him to get lost.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry for the delay. My kids have literally been sick for two weeks. It started with tummy bugs, turned into more, then it turned into sinus infections and lastly ear infections. The weather needs to figure out what it is doing it's making everybody sick. Warm one day freezing the next.

Unlike the others Thistle was not settling in as well as she would have liked. She didn't much care for the mountains, she missed the beach, and the sand and waves. She missed the gulls that circled overhead and cackled to each other. But most of all she missed the cool flat forest and the gentle rolling caves. It wasn't fair, but she was trying for her children, for her friends.

Thistle preferred the lower parts of the mountain as well. It was near the ground she was used too. There were no rocks, nothing she had to climb. And she was much more steady than on the topper parts. Thistle herself was still searching for a den. Though she had picked out a small place for her herbs and such. She would move them as soon as she found a better place.

Thistle heard a soft chuff behind her, and she schooled her face to make sure she wasn't frowning and she turned her tail giving a small wag of greeting. She giggled when she saw who it was quickly remembering the crab that had attached itself to the poor wolfs hindquarters. Hello Dash. You chose to join us then?
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Oh, no! I hope they feel better soon!! <3

Thistle turned, and Dash's tail wagged just a bit. It stopped quickly as he heard her laugh as soon as she seen him, instantly knowing what she was laughing about. His eyes narrowed as he looked at her with a mock-serious expression. But that expression quickly relaxed, and he almost grinned at her.

He nodded to her question. I did, he said simply. He was about to inquire as to why he hadn't seen her before now, but decided against it. He thought it might be rude. So, instead, he asked, How do you like the new place? From what he knew about the circumstances surrounding the move, he half expected her not to make it. He was glad she did, though.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
This has honestly been the worst year for sickness! Goodness gracious...my kids were sick again last week, and one of them even the week before that and now my husband and I are sick. My poor husband he never gets sick and he has literally been sick at least three times alone himself this year. Gosh. This weather sucks.

Thistle looked down, a little shamefaced, but couldn't hide the small smile that still tugged at her lips.  She wagged her tail in return too. It felt nice to be able to have a camaraderie with someone again. She hadn't had that it long time. The wolf in front of her reminded her of lighter days and old friends. And the grief she bore didn't hurt so bad.

Thistle frowned in thought at his next question she looked around thinking. I'm not sure yet. I miss the ocean and the sound of the waves and the animals on the shore. This mountainous terrain is hard to gain footing. However, it is beautiful here and there are so many medicinal herbs.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
His gaze was on her muzzle, hoping for that smile, and he wasn't disappointed, though it seemed like she was trying to hide it. Dash wasn't really sure what came over him when it came to Thistle. He just... felt the need to make her smile. He had never had that inclination before, and it was a bit weird, but he didn't seemed to be able to stop it.

She admitted the transition from coast to mountain wasn't as easy as it may have been for others. Dash had taken to it quite well so far, though she was right about getting a foot hold on some of the spots on the mountain. You could visit the coast, if you're missing it too much, he pointed out. She didn't have the same leadership obligations now, and figured she could leave for short trips if she wanted. He almost offered to go with her, if she wanted the company, but held his tongue, thinking it might have been out of place to invite himself.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle chuckled softly and wagged her tail. She shifted her paws, waiting for the conversation to move onto happy things, things that she didn't mind talking about. Some things about the mountain were still ahrd for her to take.

Thistle heard his suggestion and she frowned in thought, dipping her muzzle she spoke softly. I could yes, but I hate walking by myself. When I first set out i didn't mind so much, but now I get lonely easily now. It's probably from having a pack with me. I also don't want to make that trek in the winter, but I will be going there as soon as the weather begins to warm. You are welcome to join me if you like.

She moved again and tucked her tail around her petite paws and waited her tongue lolling happily out of her mouth. She licked her muzzle and spoke again. Are you taking to the mountain and the pack Dash? When I had spoke to you before you didn't seem keen on a pack?
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She explained that she didn't want to make the trip alone, and invited him to come along if she decided to go. He nodded, I'd be happy to go with you, he replied. Spring was a long ways away to Dash, but for the first time, he was hoping he'd be in a certain place in the future: here.

She asked if he was settling in, and he nodded. I like it. I hadn't spent much time on a mountain before now- it just seemed to difficult to go up a mountain when I could stay in valleys. But, I find running around it uses up much of my wandering energy, so I don't feel so restless. He had left once or twice on small outings since he joined the pack, but for his history, it was surprising he hadn't been gone more. He was almost getting... comfortable. I know I was hesitant about joining, but I'm glad I did, he added honestly.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled shifted. I know it's not anytime soon, but I like to have plans ahead of time. That way I don't put them off. She frowned she was good at that, waiting until the last minute to do something. But she would do better, she was determined to be better.

Thistle nodded her head. The mountain definitely take some getting used to. But you are right it does take away some of the restless energy. She flicked an ear as she listened to him and smiled. I am glad you are here as well Dash. I am glad you chose our pack.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He nodded to her logic It sounds like a good idea, he replied. Dash wasn't much of a planner. If he wanted to go somewhere, he went. If he couldn't, he waited. Winter was approaching, and Thistle was thinking correctly of waiting to go. Traveling in the snow wasn't easy and took a lot of energy. It was smart to wait.

His expression softened when she told him she was glad he was here, his tail wagging. He rather liked Thistle and he liked hearing she liked he was here. Me, too he replied. He was aware then, that this break in his duties had probably gone on long enough. And, if I want to stay, I should probably get back to the bustle of things, he said with a grin.

He stood, but before walking off, turned to her, See you later? he said. While it may not have appeared in his voice, he was hopeful that he would see her later.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I never got a notification that you had replied and it wasn't bolded in the threadlog. I am so sorry. :(

Thistle laughed and flicked her tail good naturedly. I thought it was a good idea. It should be nice ot get away, even for a little bit. I just hope it doesn't make me sad again. I'm finally getting a little bit better each day. She frowned in thought unsure if she would be okay if she made the visit to the bay. Would all the feelings of loss and grief come crushing in again, or would she be indifferent. Would it hurt or would she just fully move on. She supposed she wouldn't know until the time came to go.

Thistle ghosted forward on petite paws and nudged him kindly. Of course. You have a fun time Dash. I am glad you are here. With a small smile she turned and walked back the way she had come. A nap sounded wonderful.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
No worries! I'm the one who took so long to reply! I only replied a few hours ago, and I'm sorry for the wait. Sometimes Dash is hard to write since he's so antisocial and doesn't communicate very well.

He hoped, too, that visiting her old home wouldn't make her sad again. Maybe you should take someone along that could help make sure you don't get sad, he suggested, his earlier offer to go with her still standing. He wasn't sure if she did want him to go, but at least she would know he would.

Her nudge made his tail wag, and he fully smiled. He was in a daze as he watched her trot off, a goofy sort of grin on his face. After a few moments, he realize she was out of view, and he was grinning at nothing. Shaking his head, his resting-bitch-face returned, and he headed towards the borders to patrol.