Blackfeather Woods Meeting the pack
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
All Welcome 
Im farily new to BFW and I just wanted to meet the pack members :)

Oli's stomach churned at the thought of meeting his new pack mates. He went through ways of possibly introducing himself. 
Should I introduce myself and come off with me real personality or fake it and gradually ease into them seeing the real me?
His ears rung and his head was throbbing. His attention was drawn out as he realized he was walking straight into a red forest. His eyes grew wide and he forgot his pain. He looked around for any pack mates, willing to tell him were he was and possibly lead him into camp. 
"Hello? Is there anybody out there?" His large deep voice rang out, begging for a response.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
I am assuming that he is in Red Grove, if not I will correct my post. :3 Poor Oli, though xD

Burke moved through the woods. He rather stayed with his children for now but there were a lot of things that needed to be done. The large male already did his patrols this morning, and now he was walking from cache to cache to check how much food they had left. He also sorted out what was too rotten to eat and what could still be eaten. At the last hunt they didn't manage to catch anything. His head wasn't really with the hunt anyways. Burke did realize that he needed food for his children, he would probably have to hunt it himself later. 

As he walked past the red grove, the field where Meldresi's body was and which was off limits for members until her bones could be retrieved, when he heard a voice call out. Burke's face instantly darkened and he rushed forward. He came storming through the trees with glare on his face. He knew that Oli didn't know this but Burke was still very protective of his mate even though she lay dead in the middle of the open red field. "Get out of here, now!," he growled to their newest member. He didn't want to look at her body. He couldn't. 

Burke lowered his head to chase the other out. He would talk to him later once they were out of this red meadow. Burke wasn't really a bad guy, he was just usually grumpy, now he was slightly pissed off though it was more at himself than Oli since he forgot to mention not to go here. Once they were a bit away from Red Grove Burke stopped. Burke's pale eyes were cold and rather harsh. "I know we didn't tell you, but you can't go there. My mate and former Queen died and that is her resting place until the ravens eat the flesh from her bones," he explained sounding more calm, though he wasn't really. "Don't go there again."
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
I'm really sorry about that. :(

Oli was facing the opposite direction of Burke when he came. It caught him off guard, he ran away from the forest, not knowing why he was being punished. Oli picked up the pace as his mind got the best of him, not knowing if Burke was going to hurt him or just chase him off. He quickly glanced back to see if Burke had slowed down, and he had. Oli slowed to a walk, Oli waited to if Burke would continue to chase him, when he decided Burke wasn't, he cautiously approached him. Oli heard what Burke had to say, and Oli felt awful. 
"I'm so sorry Burke I had no idea. I won't go anywhere near there again."  Olis' tail laid flat against his rump and his ears were flopped down to the side. Oli was humiliated, he prayed no one would hear about this. This isn't how he wanted to be known to the others.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
In Character (IC) is not Out of Character (OOC). You couldn't know about this, plus I am not mad at you. Burke is just an a**hole :P

Burke looked down at their newest member who came back. "It is okay," he spoke with a grunt in his tone. The alpha male knew that it was his fault and that it technically wouldn't be fair for Oli to take the blame. Still, if the male had some sense he could have realized not to go there, just like weeping meadow. Burke's pale eyes fell on him. The male looked scared of him, which was not something Burke aimed for. He aimed for loyalty and submission not some scared little pup. 

The immensely sized male let out a soft sigh. "Are you scared of me, Oli?," he asked, his tone sounding demanding, because he wanted an answer. Maybe this male would fit better in another pack, not their dark world with assassins and spies. Still there could be a possibility that the male might fit in but by the looks of it now Burke was skeptical.
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Oli widened his eyes at Burkes question. 
"No, I just know that things change when death is involved, it's an extremely sensitive subject, and you have to be careful of what you say, you can't look like you are happy about it, and you can't get cocky and use their weakness as an advantage when you care about someone." Oli closed his eyes. "I'm so sorry Burke." Oli opened his eyes. He flicked his ears back and shifted his paws.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked down at the male before him. He was getting slightly annoyed with the male that kept apologizing. He said that he wasn't afraid but he looked afraid and nervous. Burke didn't like liars. He wanted to work on the fact if the male might be scared of him, telling him he shouldn't be, that he was his leader. He couldn't have wolves be scared of him then they weren't truly loyal. Alas that was something he wasn't going to tell the other yet. He wanted to judge Oli's character and how he seemed skittish. 

"I am not a fragile flower that withers in times of frost, Oli," he spoke in return to the dark furred male. Burke had gone through many hardships and yes, losing his mate wasn't easy but they hadn't reached that point yet where the alpha would share that. He was the leader, he had to look strong, reliable and in control. "As long as your aren't disrespectful you won't have a problem with offending me," he explained, pale eyes drilling into the other's eyes. "You can say you are sorry but words don't mean a lot to me I rather see actions. If I don't see you around the Red Grove again I believe you not because you say your sorry. I work in simple ways. Prove your words with actions and you won't have any trouble with me." Burke actually cared a lot about his pack members. Most of them would find out later once they did prove themselves. Then Burke could even be a joker and funny.
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Oli just barely held in snapping back at him. His eyes dropped to the ground. Fresh air filled his lungs and began to slowly creep away before Burke pushed him more. He wanted to hide how cold he was until he had met the pack and gotten a feel for what he was up against. Sometime Oli snapped, but considering Burke was not only the Leader, but a pack member, he would have to shove it in the back of his mind. He was starting to get annoyed he wasn't meeting anyone. He began walking away from Burke, his tail low. 
"I have to go do my job." He said in an extremely low voice, and padded off towards the center, hoping to get some luck there. He didn't want to disrespect Burke, he also didn't want to snap and loose his chance at a family who cares.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke raised the dots on his brow once he got a bit of a comeback from he dark furred wolf. He was slightly surprised with that. "Your job. What do you see as your job?," he asked. Because the wolf might think he has a job but would he know what to do? Did Akela explain that to him. Burke was rather curious to know what kind of role Oli was claiming as his own. 

Burke was rather a professionalist so he liked to see the jobs in BFW woods done well. He might as well ask what the other male was doing.
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Oli's breath quickened and his face grew grim.
"When Im still being tested, Im trying to do what I do best, I don't want to mess this up. I'm only trying to show you my strong points." Oli's tail flashed from side to side, trying to calm himself down.
"When we first met I was only told three options. No fights right now, and what the Hell am I supposed to do with herbs? I can't remember all those things and possibly put a wolf in danger over a teeny tiny plant." Oli said almost as a growl.
"I feel like you have to much on your hands for me to be asking you these worthless questions, plus Im just a new guy." He said quieter.
"I don't know anyone else in this pack to ask these questions, so, hunting is my thing. At least Im good at it." Oli looked down at the ground. His head was pounding and his ears were ringing. His pupils were large, they almost took up his entire eye.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke just asked a simple question. He didn't know that the wolf liked hunting or wanted to focus on that, instead Burke got a lot of attitude back. The alpha didn't feel very respected and instantly decided that the male would need a behavioral lesson. Burke made himself bigger and bared his teeth. Not out of aggression. Pack wolves would rarely hurt one another. Burke moved forward, even bigger now. With that dominance that poured from him he wanted to give this subordinate a warning that he was the dominant male here. Burke wanted to see submission instead of a verbal sorry. If the male wouldn't show submission by lowering himself to the ground then Burke was going to force him by trying to jump on him. It wouldn't hurt but then the wolf was put in his current place. 

"Whatever I ask, worthless or not, you answer it respectful. I am your leader," he spoke there was no anger Burke always tried to keep himself assertive. "The simple answer is that you like to focus on hunting, perfect. Then I suggest you seek out Akela the Beta of this pack, Mikasi and perhaps Cyn to do some hunting with instead of having a big mouth and attitude towards me," he returned, he couldn't help but how a bit of shade for the other to realize what he did. For a new guy saying he didn't want to do anything wrong because he was the new guy was rather contradicting with his shown behavior towards his alpha.
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Oli lowered his head, his body was lower, not to the ground, but he was shorter. His tail still stayed out, he wasn't going to put in between his legs, he wasn't scared. His eyes were cold and staring. He didn't want to show Burke he was scared, but he was terrified. Not of Burke, but of himself. He didn't know exactly what he was good at, and he wanted to show Burke he was important, but he didn't know how. Everything he tried he did wrong. He really believed he screwed up going to Red Grove, he didn't know how to make it right with that, he didn't see anything, but he wasn't about to openly say that. 

Oli straightened out and stood back up. He was calm, but he didn't know what to say. He felt bad about his sudden outburst, but Burke didn't seem to like him apologizing. He could his heart beat in his ears. His head was spinning, thinking of ways he could prove himself to Burke. 
"I just feel like I could do more, and Im not reaching it."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at the wolf before him with an open expression. He wasn't mad, though somehow new wolf often thought he was mad at them for only disciplining them. If he would be mad about disciplining and reminded others 'oh hey, I'm in charge here' then he could be angry all the time. "Well when you state it like that we can work on it," he returned just as calm as he was before and gave him a short nod. 

He wasn't agreeing with Oli getting back up, he should have stayed in his position until he was dismissed, then next time Burke would see what his current state would be. Submission wasn't a bad thing, it showed Burke that the members saw him as a leader and was in no way being weak. Burke did a lot for the pack, always up and running, though members often seem to forget that being the leader was the most difficult job, everyone was put before his own needs, if something happened like with that horrible storm, everyone looked to him for leadership.

Oh well. Probably this wolf had been a loner for a long time and forgot what is was like living in a pack. Burke would remind him of it. His docked tail was still held up just like his head. "Like I said, go on a hunt with some fellow pack mates. See if you like it, if you don't you can join me on patrols." Burke also had pups to babysit but frankly he didn't trust Oli enough to let him close to them.
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Olis' eyes were still calm. He just wanted the best for himself and his pack. This talk made his stomach churn. He just didn't feel important, he has never mattered anything to anyone, then he joins this pack and he has others to help, and slowly gain their trust. Oli really wanted someone to talk to, unload on, he needed someone to squeeze out his feelings. Oli's eyes were clouded, he was obviously troubled. Burke had broken him, exposed him. 

Oli knew he would have to shape up. But by now, Burke knew he was. He couldn't hide who he was with cold eyes, deep voice, or white teeth. Oli needed to find some light out of this, if hunting didn't work out, he would really enjoy patrolling, he loved moving around and seeing the different areas of the land. Winter was also coming up, it was his favorite time of the year. Oli would really have to think about what he would wan to do, but patrolling really sounded fun.
"I will try hunting, but I would really like patrolling to, thanks for offering that." He raised the conner of his mouth to a friendly smile.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded shortly to the other and then quirked up his lips slightly. "You are welcome," he spoke, hopefully Oli would realize that he wasn't a bad guy. He was only here to help him out and send him on the right path. A path that they could walk together not battling each other. Oli didn't seem too bad, so hopefully he would settle and make some friends in the pack. 

"Alright, I'm going on with my tasks," he returned. "Take care." Burke nodded him goodbye and trotted off himself, docked tail in the air. He had other things to focus on right now. He had no doubt that Oli wouldn't find his way around the pack. 

Last post from me! :)
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Thanks! Good to get to know you! :D

Oli knew he would have to get his stuff together to prove he was worth something. He was slightly jealous of how Burke could keep it together. Oli knew he would like Burke, he already did, but he knew they would become closer.