Blackfeather Woods A howl at the border
Zeta
We can't die we're dead inside.
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Joining 
@Burke

Venus lowered her nose to the ground, blades of grass tickling her nose. She breathed in, opening her mouth so she can really confirm the scent. She was close to the Blackfeather wood border. Venus shot her head up as a gust of wind rattled the leaves above her. The wind pierced through her fluffy coat and she looked around, all woods.  She shook her fur out and padded forward. The smell got stronger and she slowed to a walk. She watched a finch fly from a tree branch and then focused back on the smell. Once she thought she was close enough for the pack to hear her, she stopped sniffed the ground, and brought her head back up. She took in a deep breath and howled, she could hear her voice ring through out the forest. She didn't know what to expect from the pack members, which peaked her anxiety, though she didn't show it. Her stone cold eyes looked around, trying to pick out any movement while she waited.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
You'll get Damien-Butt this time :P

Damien was in the spot when the Loner's howl rang through the cold air. He was serious about getting his Warden Co-Rank in the eyes of Burke, because aside from fulfilling his mother's wishes, he wanted to have some merit for his real worth in the pack. Damien wasn't just the bratty prince and getting things just because his mother was the founder and the priestess of the pack, he wanted to earn his things because he was strong enough to take them, or because he was rewarded them. So dealing with outsiders and intruders at the borders or deeper inside the land was a priority of Damien's right now.

The last time Damien did this "answer the door" thing Akela had ruined it, and Burke had screwed it even further. But Damien was persistent, and he was absolutely sure that he had made it clear that his opinion on these matters was not only right, but also important.

Damien didn't hide in the shadows this time around. He wanted to make sure the loner saw him coming straight at her this time. Ears tall and tail high, Damien walked forth from the shadows, his lip twitching and his eyes fixed on the loner's. He didn't stop walking, and just before bumping with the female, he turned to sniff all around her dominantly. He wanted to make sure she knew who was in charge between the two of them.

What do you want? said the young warrior as he finished his circle around her. His deep voice was demanding, yet calm, hinting that he wanted her to either speak up or leave.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus stiffened as the new wolf sniffed her and fought back the urge to snap. She watched the male circled her. Her ears flat against her head. She didn't appreciate how he acted so high and mighty. 
"Im here to see if this pack is right for me. The other packs seem to light and feathery. I don't think they now how to fight, I think this might be the only pack that isn't afraid to get their paws dirty."
She sounded confident. She didn't want to mess around. She wanted what she wanted and she wasn't going to sugar coat her personality to ease her way in. She stood tall and held her tail a little lower than her back, trying to look confident, but not cocky.
"My name is Venus." 
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
The female sounded fairly confident, which surprised Damien. Perhaps this one, out of all the wolves that had joined this pack, could be a nice fit to it. Her attitude was the right one, at least. But one little thing about her speech made Damien hesitant for a moment.

And how do you know that? asked Damien concerned, but making it sound like a routine question. It was odd that all the wolves that seemed to float towards Blackfeather Woods claimed to know that it was different from the others. But where was this information coming from? Where had Blackfeather Woods' reputation come from?
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus flicked her ears quickly.
"I can see it in the way you walk, the way you approached me, and, I've seen a few wolves from here." She looked from his paws up to his muzzle.
"The way you stand. You aren't here to joke around. You want to know the facts."
She squinted her eyes and turned left, her eyes skimmed over the landscape.
"Unless... You are here for a different reason and I judged you completely wrong, but I don't see you as a wolf that is here to make jokes."
Venus turned back towards his her amber eyes scanning behind him, then settling on him. 
She liked him, he seemed like he know what he was doing. Not naive. Naive wolves pissed her off.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
The female definitely had an attitude, and Damien couldn't yet decide whether he liked it. He scanned every inch of her body with his cold eyes, calculating and judgmental. In the end, he decided he didn't like it, and made it clear with a growl as his bared teeth approached her face slowly.

Venus responded Damien's question with a rather flattering choice of words. It was clear that she was the kind of wolf who knew how to manipulate her surroundings to her convenience. That, too, was a trait Damien looked for in potential recruits, but it also made him suspicious.

You got that right... We don't waste our time fooling around. Said Damien with remnants of that growl still rumbling his voice. Blackfeather Woods does not drag any dead weight.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
As the other wolf approached her, she stood staring an him, calmly inched her neck back, she didn't like it when other got in her face. She raised the corner of her mouth in a smile. She was a sweet wolf, but she showed that later. It took a while for her to trust wolves. 
"I am not dead weight, as far from it. I am great at two things, fighting, always useful, and spying, I don't know if you can use one, but I love it, I love sneaking around and no one knows you are there. I don't use my hobby as an advantage, only for the use of my pack."
Her eyes were calm but her stance was ready to turn on a dime, she couldn't read this wolf as well as she usually could.
"I never got your name." She said quietly, almost in a whisper.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
A cold heart was the secret. There was no sympathy in Damien towards others, and it was even hard for him to show any feeling other than contempt. Venus wouldn't be getting much out of staring at Damien's face. Damien was, as some would say, a sociopath. He too, was good at reading people, a trait he'd inherited from his mother, and something that went nicely with Blackfeather Woods' general interests.

For as much as Damien hated to admit it, Venus seemed to be a nice fit to the pack. But there was just something about her that Damien couldn't really get through.

Acting like Venus hadn't just asked for his name, Damien took a couple steps towards the female's left side, once again scanning her physique. Are you telling me that you're a spy, Venus? Did you come here to spy on us? he simply asked. A test, clearly, but the question had a deeper meaning that it seemed, even when it was obvious that the words were meant to troll her.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus watched him intently. As his eyes scanned her, she scanned him. Trying to pick up more about this pack. She cocked her head and raised her lip into a smile again. Her tail wagged.
"If I was a spy, I wouldn't tell you openly like I just did. I wouldn't confront you, I hide, nor would I howl at your border." Her breathing slowed, she felt more relaxed, but still aware of this strange wolves movements. She was still extremely interested in this wolf, she wanted to know who he was.
"You never answered my question." She said again, in a whisper, as she turned her head and looked at him from the corner of her eye.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
But of course, that's exactly what a spy would say... said Damien, clearly enjoying playing this little one-sided game with the loner. He stopped mid-way around her, and went back, this time giving the female a bit more space to go around. She had answered well, and although the question was unnecessary, it showed the boy that the female could think with a cold head under a bit of pressure.

You never asked a question. technically she hadn't, but Damien wouldn't elaborate on that. I'm Damien, he said, as he ended up back in front of the female with a smug face. And then it suddenly turned deadpan serious again.

Like everyone else, you will have you two weeks to prove you're not dead weight. If you don't, I'll chase you out myself, and I would enjoy doing that, he started, voice clear and acute, Burke is our Alpha, and Akela is Beta beside him. I will take you to them now. he finished and simply turned around to delve back into the shadows of Blackfeather. He could hear the ravens flutter above him, those were always -literally- on top of everything.

Nice thread! This will be my last post and then you're free to start new threads as a member of BFW. I would suggest you had a thread specifically with either Burke or Akela now, so that your character can meet them for reals (you can just assume Damien dropped her by them or something)
Welcome to BFW! ;D
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus smiled at his response. She flicked her tail and watched him walk around her. She would defiantly be finding him after she talks with the Alpha. She let him go ahead and walked behind him. She watched the ravens fly off, beautiful, she loved the way ravens looked. She stayed clam, but she was bursting inside. She really hoped they could use a spy. She said close behind Damien and followed his to the location.
"Thanks, Damien." She flicked her tail watching him until she couldn't see him anymore.

Thank you for the awesome thread! That was really fun!