Blackfeather Woods Introduction
Zeta
We can't die we're dead inside.
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Hey! Damien told me to start a thread with you two to introduce myself. @Burke @Akela

After Damien left Venus to meet Blackfeather woods' Alpha and Beta. Venus studied where she was, which she didn't really know where she was. She didn't know how to ask to meet with them. She shook out her fur and slowly drew in a deep breath, and let out a loud. "Hello?" her voice confident, but not cocky. She waited for a moment then regretted speaking out. She was a stranger after all.
"My name is Venus, Damien sent me here." She strained her ears waiting for a response, from anyone.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was actually spending time with his children deep in the heart of the forest. He didn't hear the simple words that the female spoke. Her words only reached a few meters of land. They were wolves ,and they would howl to communicate and even to locate the others. Howls would reach much further and would notify the leader. Burke nosed through Pietro's fur unaware that there was a new member in their midst. 

He gently played with both of his young until they were tired. Maybe he should approach Nemesis about helping him take care of his young, though he didn't want Nemesis to become their new mother, they should remember their mother if that is even possible. With the pups tucked in for now Burke took place in their den with them. He had been away so much lately, he wanted to spend some time with them.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Sorry, posting here to solve a misunderstanding. Will probably just cameo or go for two or three posts until Burke or Akela are on scene.

Damien felt proud of his choice. This female had many of the traits he felt a wolf needed to be a good match to Blackfeather Woods, and he couldn't wait to show her to Burke. The dark boy led the way through the cold forest, making no sound and not speaking to Venus any further. He knew that bringing a stranger into the packlands wasn't allowed, but he guessed since Burke wasn't around to check her out at the border, it wouldn't hurt bringing her a bit closer to him. He was sure he could take her down alone if she decided to go rogue in the middle of the forest, so he wasn't worried about the safety of the pack.

Getting closer to the heart of the forest, Damien could see the bloodstained core of Blackfeather Woods. Redgrove. "Make sure to stay away from redgrove," advised Damien with clear voice as the female walked behind him, "It is off-limits for everyone until Burke says so," he wouldn't explain the reasons, he didn't feel like talking about his dead mother, but like Burke Damien didn't want his mother's body disturbed.

Damien stopped walking at a fair distance from where he though Burke was. "Call him," he instructed, and stepped aside for her to work her way through this meeting alone. Damien did not leave her there, but gave her space and waited in the shadows so that she wasn't out of sight until Burke decided it was fine for her to stay.

The female called, and Damien chuckled. "You'll need to be a little louder than that..." he suggested, and returned to silence behind Venus.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus felt very embarrassed at her mistake. She drew in a deep breath, filling her lungs with air, and howled. It probably sounded awful to and outsider, but Venus didn't howl much, so hearing herself sound this confident, when she stopped her tail was wagging. Her sides were caving in and out and she tried to breath normally again. She turned to Damien, her eyes were glowing, which never happened, her eyes were usually cold and staring. 
"Was that right?" After she asked, she back back to normal. Her tail was low, and her eyes shot some warmness, but nothing special.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked up once there was a howl, one he didn't recognize and one that was way too close to be at the border. Instantly the male sped forward away from the den. Thinking that they had an intruder. Damien would make it a lot easier on the alpha to also howl that he was close because now he was speeding to the howl. His heavy and big body close to making the ground tremble with his arrival. The male looked lethal, ready in his attack when he spotted Damien for the corner of his eye. 

Why did he bring in a stranger in to their home?! What was the meaning of this!? Burke glared at the female and then to Damien. Demanding an answer right away. "What is the meaning of this?!," he let out with a growl, clearly not happy that there was this loner in their home and why Damien was standing next to her. His question was directed at Damien, not at the female.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Damien did not expect Burke to come in like a rushing bull to meet the newcomer, he was expecting something more like a pat in the back and a 'well done, son' but this looked horribly different from that. The Alpha rushed in demanding an explanation, and disconcerted Damien's ears turned back.

"This, Burke, is a recruit," said Damien arrogantly. Then, turning his gaze upon Venus he signaled for her to explain herself.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
"My name is Venus, and I would like to join Blackfeather Woods." She said, her eyes focused and her ears perked. 
"I don't know if you could use it, but I really enjoy spying, if you can't use it, I can hunt, but I think I would do best doing what I love." She was straight to the point, she didn't want to mess around. Her eyes were cold, her tail was a little lower than her back. She was confident, but not cocky. She glanced back at Damien then focused back on Burke. She was nervous about the way she presented herself, Damien seemed fine with it, but would Burke be? She didn't want to come off more cold than she actually was, but she wasn't a petunia.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke loathed the arrogance that came off Damien. He wanted to jump him right here with this female watching but Burke was unnerved by the fact that a stranger was on their lands in the first place. "Recruits are accepted at the borders by the upper ranked wolves, and you are not add the fact that she isn't at our borders but in our territory," he reminded his son. He wasn't crippled he was fine walking to the borders. Ever since Damien got his spot in that adult ranks he seemed more obsessed with them. The alpha then turned to her, his dominance pouring off him. The female might look confident but that is not what the leader wanted. He wanted to see submission, technically from both of them. Though, Burke knew he would need a bit more force with Damien, this stranger was another story. She was in a territory she didn't know and with one howl Burke would have his warriors at his disposal to rip her to pieces. He stepped forward making himself bigger, a clear sign he wanted to see submission from her instead of hearing her talk, which Damien signaled to her before. No, even Damien got it all wrong. 

In this moment he couldn't care less what she liked to do or not, what was more import was that she showed respect to him as a leader by holding herself lower than him and that she would be loyal to this pack. Once she showed those signs of submission and respect to the leader, instead of a nervous facial expression with a contradicting confident posture, then they could talk about what she wanted to do. Black Feather could use spies so that was in her favor but Burke wasn't telling her that. Burke's body language was clear what he asked of her. This would also be a good lesson for Damien, who probably just questioned verbally her instead of making her have the right body language for asking acceptance into a pack.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Burke snapped, making himself look bigger and acting like a total dick to Damien, and suddenly something exploded inside the yearling. He didn't need any of this shit, he wasn't a boy anymore and he would not sit around waiting to be told what to do or how to do it. He knew well enough that the upper ranked wolves were the only ones who could accept wolves into the pack, and that was exactly what he was trying to do. He had taken the female to Burke, hadn't he?

"You weren't there to decide!" said Damien far from growling but raising his voice, not really feeling like submitting at that point. "I had to bring her here because none of you came to the borders. You should thank me I was around! Not even your Beta was there!" he said getting more exasperated by the second.

"Venus here, says she can offer us her abilities to make it through the winter, and judging by the Upper Ranks' lack of time to attend their duties I'd say that something we cannot afford to refuse," spat Damien, still spilling arrogance all over the place.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus showed no fear, but silent submission. She wasn't proud of it, it make her blood boil. It was discussing. Her tail low and he head down, she couldn't look up. Her eyes screamed murder. She knew she couldn't show it. She was tense, ready to bolt or fight at any sudden movement. Her stomach churned as her hatred for her own body grew. She laid her ears down. She didn't talk, or move. She didn't know what to do. A pang of sympathy for Damien is all she felt, even though she didn't know the whole story. Venus understood where Burke was coming from. 
"I didn't know, I'm sorry." She said quietly. Speaking the words made her want to vomit, but she didn't know what else to do. She probably looked like an unwanted little wimp of a wolf. She shifted her paws, her head still down. Her eyes unmoving, her head whizzing. A mix of anger at herself and still trying to look calm and submissive, not easy.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
@Venus Welcome to the pack :) Sorry you were between Burke and Damien butting heads xD
@Damien There will be mind PP of Burke putting Damien under him because otherwise there is no way I can write it, I think, anyways we talked about it. There won't be any wounds or hurting in the process since that isn't what its about. But do tell me if I need to change anything!

Burke kept his calm and assertive gaze as Damien had one of his teenager-y fits. He could only hear  'so unfair, dad' on a whiney tone. Yeah, yeah act all tough Damien, he thought but the younger one was only showing childish behavior and Burke was going to deal with that later because Venus showed some of the behavior he wanted. He disliked wolves being fake, and he didn't get any sense that she showed him any respect but she did show submission. He was a counselor, a master at that, so he knew how to read the body and the face. He let out a soft sigh. Why did wolves always think that submission was a bad thing? One that could submit truly were the strong ones. Still she bowed her head so Burke wasn't going to make a point of it.

"See, Little Damien, at least Venus know how to show some respect to the alpha. Maybe I  should put you under her in rank," he just said that because he knew it would make his son boil. Damien could be such an arrogant hot head. "Venus. I guess since you can show some respect you are accepted for now, you get a two week trail. Don't go to Red Grove. The open field with red bushes. You will evicted if I see you there," he said without a second of hesitation. He didn't know Damien already mentioned this. "You are dismissed, so do the things you say you are so good at and you might get to stay. Currently I need to teach some obedience to my overly arrogant son," he spoke.

Burke eyed at Damien before walking towards him. The massive male was lucky with his size it made it way easier to make the younger wolf appear under him because Damien really needed to be put in his place. Burke was the alpha, not Damien and how he talked to him was not even respectable for his son. Maybe it had something to do with his mother's death that he was acting out. It could be. But now, Damien needed to realize that the wasn't his enemy and that he was below Burke. He as a leader made the decision and that wasn't going to be questioned in this matter. Damien could have asked him why he wasn't there, but not on this tone. Burke jumped on Damien in a way it couldn't hunt, his mouth close this neck and nipping it.  Damien was going to succumb under him eventually and until his mental state was better than this one Burke wasn't going to let his escape. Damien could fight all he want but Burke would keep his place above Damien, literally and figuratively.

like this 
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Venus tucked her tail between her thighs like Burke expected her to do so, and she was dismissed. But even after that Damien was still arrogantly staring at his father, saying nothing, but screaming nonconformity through his keen eyes.

It didn't anger Damien that Burke suggested Venus should be above himself in rank, he knew that had no logic to support it and wouldn't even make sense. What really got to Damien was the way Burke spoke to him, telling him little and treating him like a child. That was when Damien's fangs flashed, and a growl rumbled in his chest. He wasn't defying the Alpha, he was demanding respect, something he considered he hadn't faulted on his father.

Burke was a tank, and he was coming straight at him, to which Damien didn't have choice other than to face it. Burke was still taller, and way bulkier, but Damien's own muscle clashed with it in his very first battle for dominance. The yearling did not want to dominate his father, but he would not stand down when he felt he was being stepped on. He was demanding his rights as a key member of the pack, and he would make his point through.

The younger wolf fought back, clearly lacking the bulk to exceed his father and mentor. The boy knew better than to sink his teeth on flesh, and so he tried to push the alpha away without much success. Eventually, Damien's efforts stopped, and he was left beneath the older male, still snarling his lungs out, but defeated and with no other choice than to submit. His tail found it's well deserved way between his thighs, and his ears fell flat on his head.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus was very happy about being accepted. She knew she had made the right choice. Burke's little comment about Venus taking Damien's spot had bugged her though. She really hoped it wouldn't rub him the wrong way, she dismissed the thought. She awkwardly watched the tumbling act, not knowing wither to just leave or stay. She took a few steps back, making sure she wasn't getting in the way of anything. She finally decided this wasn't her place and she began to turn around and walk. She was walking slowly in case she was called by one of the two, scolding her for leaving. A rush of excitement went through her and she wanted to bolt. She felt like running as fast as she could, but she held it back, and continued to walk.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke stood over Damien, his paws firmly lodged into the ground trapping the youngster under him. Luckily Damien realized that this was about dominance and wasn't sinking his teeth into his flesh. He struggled which was expected. Burke just opened his mouth and tried to keep Damien into place. The struggle kept going on for a bit. Burke wanted to make sure that Damien realized he wasn't the bad guy here. The father did this to make his son realize that he had put one step too far. Burke respected Damien, but the way he went about it wasn't really acceptable. Damien showed him lack of respect too. 

Then Damien admitted defeat. Burke held him there for a moment longer to check if his intentions were true. The large male didn't feel proud or happy about this, there wasn't a sense of winning between the two of them. It wasn't about winning. Burke stepped off Damien, both going unharmed. Burke even nosed through his fur to check if he hadn't accidentally bruised his son. "Thank you for paying attention to a loner at our borders," he then spoke, since Damien had showed him respect now, he would return it. It was established that Burke was in charge here. His pale eyes looking into Damien's pale ones. They were the same shade though Burke's were blue where Damien's were silvery. 

Burke had dismissed Venus, so he didn't realize she was still close by somewhere. He let her be for now, checking upon her later perhaps. It was clear Damien wanted a spot amongst the higher ups and it seemed he could stand his ground there. Still he would need to work on his temper. Burke wasn't the youngest so it might be good to start grooming Damien for leadership. "Let us have some food, I want to discuss somethings," he explained to his son. 

Fade after your post Anthony? And continue in another thread? :3
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Sounds like a plan! ;)

Damien's insides were boiling. He was not a wolf born to bend the knee, the strong son, the first boy, the largest, the fiercest, the proudest. If for him it was, this would be the last time he allowed someone to dominate him, but the life of a wolf has it's ups and downs, specially for those built to be on top like Burke and Damien. There was indeed no sense of winning between the two, and both of them understood well which place they belonged to, But Damien knew there was a lot more for him than following.

Damien remained immobile even when Burke's weight was lifted off of him. Burke's cold nose ran over his fur, checking for injuries like nothing had happened, and Damien allowed, looking away like Burke wasn't even there. It felt wrong being in that position, and Damien wanted to snap and take over Burke in a real fight, but that wouldn't have been correct either. Burke was still in charge.

When the Alpha allowed him to, Damien got up slowly, and in silence, with low ears and tail he followed Burke. The tone of his voice was just too intriguing not to.