Blackfeather Woods blood on my teeth
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
All Welcome 
Anyone welcome! @Cyn, tagging you since you wanted a thread :)

For the past few days, Mikasi had basically been working nonstop. At the end of everyday, he would be tuckered out and ready for some much needed sleeping time. He was so damn tired all the time and it was annoying. Those moments that he is resting is the moments he could be doing something beneficial. Call him a workaholic all you want, but that wouldn't stop him. Winter was coming and they needed to do everything they could to prepare.

Today, pickings had been slim. Mikasi was only able to catch a rabbit and the noise of its attempted escape managed to scare off any other prey nearby. He tried his best to search around for anything, but it was no use. So after placing the creature in one of the caches, he went onward to patrol the borders.
Zeta
We can't die we're dead inside.
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus lowered her head to the ground. Her ears were pricked, she could hear a wolf walking. She knew she would have to meet other wolves eventually. Maybe a quick hunt could cheer her up. She saw the other wolf walking along the border. She ducked out of sight. She sat, watching until she felt the time was right. She wasn't close enough to identify who the wolf was. She walked slowly, silently, and she was out of sight. She loved to hide, and she could really test her skills now. She wasn't spying on the wolf, she was making sure he wasn't in the middle of something. She was fairly interested to meet the stranger. Once she had decided that the wolf wasn't doing anything that she would severely interrupt, she stepped out into sight. She didn't say anything, but she walked forward. Her stomach was killing her today, so she was softer than she usually was, today was a good day to make friends. Her eyes were soft, the pain in her stomach was wearing her out.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
As he traveled across the land in a slow pace, he sensed a weird feeling. The feeling of being watched. It felt like two eyes were burning through him. Time and time again, Mikasi would glance behind him, expecting a pair of eyes to be glinting in the darkness. Alas, the female in the shadows was invisible to his eye.

That was until his on looker appeared in of him. He immediately hit the breaks, curious of who it could be. He could automatically tell who it was from that face. It was the female who had been speaking with Nemesis the other day. "Were you following me?" he asked with pulled back ears.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus shifted her paws to try and distract the pain in her stomach. Her eyes were squinted. She managed to pull up the corner of her mouth. 
"No, I waited to make sure you weren't hunting. I don't spy on my pack mates." Her voice was serious, she wouldn't spy on pack mates. She shook out her fur, a few small leaves coming loose.
The voice in my head is trying to kill me.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn's ears perked up by the sound of voices. She had been a little sad lately, but she was slowly getting over it. The voice inside her head had gotten worse every minute. Who dares wake me up from my beauty sleep? Lately it had been reffering itself like Cyn would've to herself. The type of voice hadn't changed though, it was still its distorted male self. She ignored the voice and her own thoughts. Her head felt like it was packed enough with the voice, the thoughts and ideas made her feel like her ideas were spilling over the mental line of sane.

Cyn got to her feet and saw the two wolves not that far away. It was about 10-15 feet away from her and the voices had been soft to her ears, but she knew if she got closer they would get louder. Cyn decided she could spy on the two since she hadn't done such a thing in a very long time. She got low to the ground and didn't make a sound while doing it. She came closer to the two while using skills she had learned before to get closer and listen to the two.

Cyn was now almost too close. Her breathing was silent and the voices had been louder. She had gotten a glimpse of the two and noticed it was a male and a female talking to each other. She smelt Burke on the two and relaxed a little, but didn't blow her cover. For all she knew they had no idea she was there.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Mikasi observed Venus closely as her paws shuffled. He lowered his head and raised a non-existent brow. "You seem.... tense," he pointed out, "You alright?" It appeared as if the female was in pain. He was no healer, but he was sure that those signs lead up to an uncomfortable wolf. "Maybe you should rest or something," he suggested.

As he spoke, Cyn's spying skills seemed to be doing a great job for him. She went unnoticed for now, since most of his attention seemed to be focused on Venus.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus didn't feel right, her ears were perked and her fur stood on end. The wind shifted and she got the smallest whiff of another wolf, she couldn't identify who it was. She felt awkward, like she was being watched. She turned her head around, her eyes searching. She couldn't catch another wind, and she couldn't see anything for proof. She wasn't being aggressive, but she also didn't know if this possible wolf was a fellow pack mate, or if they were in danger. Her stomach pain slowly subsided, she knew she should get it checked, but she had continuously put it on the back burner. Venus wondered if the wolf was actually concerned, or he just wanted her to leave. If her wanted to be left alone then all he needed to say was something like "Im gonna hit the road."  Or "I'll see you around"
"Hey, do you feel that? I think someone is here." Venus didn't have all the proof of a potential stalker, but she wasn't about to let it go un noticed. A flush of relaxation went over her as she concluded it was probably her stupid stomach pain messing with her head.
"Never mind Im probably just imagining things." Though Venus knew she smelt something, she would keep her eyes peeled, looking for an attacker, or a friend. 
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn tried not to laugh, but couldn't hold it it. They seemed so clueless! Her laugh was like little bells and it made her feel great since she hadn't been happy like that in a long time. She appeared seemingly out of nowhere. She smiled at the two and actually didn't attack like she would've usually. She just couldn't stop. The voice had gotten quiet and she didn't care. Her tail wagged for the first time in ages. She also looked much younger when she was happy than when she was depressed. Her smile wouldn't stop and she looked at the two wolves.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Mikasi, looked from one side to the other at Venus' words. Either he had gone insane or their really was someone lurking. "You sure 'bout that?", he commented, eyes fixed on the darkness.

Soon enough, his questions were answered. A female with a broad smile came out from the shadows. That smile was not something he really enjoyed to see. "Is it me, or is this place full of females?", he muttered almost to himself. It bought a boyish grin to his face. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy the company.

He turned up to examine the female who was watching them. Her fur was like the two and her eyes were an orange hue. "So, what's your name?", he asked.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus drew her brow to a frown as she continued to think about being watched. She knew that that could be her someday. She was whizzed out of her thinking bubble as a new face stepped out into the clear. She wanted to race laps around Mikasi and chant I knew it sucker! But she didn't, trying to be respectful. She bowed her head to the new wolf, her eyes were bright. She took a few steps back as another stabbing pain went through her stomach, luckily, this one was short and she was over it quickly. Venus drew up a smile at Mikasi's comment. She focused her attention back on the newcomer. She wasn't about to repeat Mikasi question, so she stood, waiting for the stranger to reply.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
"The name is Cyn." She still smiled at the two. She heard part of their conversation, but hadn't caught theirs."What about yoy two? I didn't catch your names before." She remembered the question before that the male asked just to get a little chuckle from the two females."We have tons of females, I don't know why we haven't gone all female." She joked around like the others. She was so happy today, all because of meeting some newbies. The voice came back though, it didn't bother her as much and seemed to have been taken back a bit by her joy. Thought I would leave you? You were very wrong. She ignored it like she used to and payed more attention for answers from the two.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
"Name's Mikasi, doll," he answered. "I'm pretty new so not alot of wolves know me." He had smelled the scent of others lingering here and there, but never seen their faces.

Mikasi smiled widely at their reaction to his little comment. "Heh, I knew someone could laugh at my jokes," he chuckled. It seemed as most he had met here were so dark and serious. Though he could be like that from time to time, but he'd rather be happy and thankful rather than being pissed off all the time. What kind of life could that be? Not a very nice one in his eyes.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus scrolled her eyes over Cyn. "Venus." She said as she drew up a small smile. Mikasi's comment about laughter bugged her. From what she has seen, this pack was harsh, and not for pups. He would surely be seeing more hatred than rainbows. Venus winced as more pain struck through her stomach. She knew she had to get it checked, she was always sick, and usually, simple colds turned into something deadly, like pneumonia. Venus was very curious about how Cyn could sneak around and hide so well. "How did you hide that well? I'm trying to train to become a spy, and you seem to know what you're doing. Could we exchange some tips?" Venus asked. She knew quite a few things about spying, but she wasn't a master. She didn't even know if Cyn was a spy, or if it was just a small hobby. "That is, if you are a spy, if not, never mind." She felt embarrassed at her question, she should ask first, but the damage was done.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
The girl almost laughed at being called doll. She never did get many nicknames and smiled lightly at the name. Cyn then nodded at Venus."I am a spy. The one that trained me was Burke. I could give you some tips, but maybe later. I haven't spied much lately and probably should go practice more." She seemed fairly happy for having someone who was interested in her practice."If you'd like you can talk to Burke if you a really interested in being a spy." Her smile got bigger and soon she was full out smiling like she had just gotten the best news of her life. You look like an idiot. The voice seemed to get better and not as threatening the more she talked to the newbies.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Spying? That had sure enough caught a bit of his interest. He was good at snooping already and did know plenty of ways of blackmail. It did sound like something Mikasi would enjoy. Although great at that department, he loved to fight. Loved seeing wolves he disliked suffer. Loved being the cocky bastard he was born to be. Perhaps Burke had more than spy training.

"Huh, well maybe I've ought to have a little talk to the Boss bout' it," he stated. The smile seemed to have been contagious, for Mikasi couldn't help but return a dopey smile. This Cyn was cute in his book.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus quickly nodded at Cyn's proposal for meeting with Burke. She smiled back at the seemingly friendly wolf. Maybe the two could become friends eventually. She continued to think that until she caught the vibe coming from the male. She should probably duck out just about now, before things got weird. Venus flicked her ears and took a sly step back. It's like I'm invisible. Venus laughed at the thought.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn saw Venus back up and turned to her and smiled. She sometimes wasn't the brightest crayon in the box and didn't get the feeling that Mikasi was interested in her. She didn't want her to leave, plus she was feeling awkward since she was getting a certain vibe from Mikasi, but didn't know what it was. The look in her eyes said to Venus Help me. I have no idea what he is thinking. She heard the voice in her head laugh at her. He is so into you! it's hilarious! She clenched her jaw a little. She wanted him out of her head and hoped that if she told anyone they would understand. She looked back at Mikasi and felt the voice laugh even harder. You are so clueless! She was pissed at the voice, but didn't show it outside of her thoughts. Cyn forced her tail to continue wagging despite the anger.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
He glanced briefly to the side, seeing Venus'  amazing "disappearance", before turning his gaze back to Cyn. By the look on her face, he could somehow tell that his little smile did a blow. Seems like his flattering skills didn't seem to loose him.

"You're cute when 'ya look all flustered like that," he spoke with a small smile. "It's alright, I don't bite." It could either go two ways: his flirtatious comment making things more awkward or getting away with it.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus very quietly chuckled when Cyn got flustered. She raised her eyes brows and gave her a wink. Oh it was so on. Venus brought her lip up to a playful snarl. Her tail was wagging uncontrollably. Maybe this would be fun. Venus wasn't the most outgoing and social person, but maybe a new friend ship would come from this. Venus almost started crying of laughter when Mikasi said the punch line. Guys could be so cheesy, it was one thing she like sometimes. Good for Cyn. Venus trotted up really close to Cyn and put her muzzle to her ear. "I expect puppies running around my legs soon." She whispered very quietly, and a naughty smile spread across her face.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn only got more flustered. I told you! She gave Venus a look that said Oh my! Did you actually say that?! She couldn't admit that she too liked him because of how she felt at the moment. The newbies were teasing her and she didn't care. She felt like herself finally."I know you don't bite. I don't usually." She meekly said, almost as if she was flirting back.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
He couldn't hear what Venus had whispered, but if he had it would bring a smile to his face. He was certainly not thinking of being a father anytime soon, but he enjoyed youngsters non the less.

He raised a non existent brow at Cyn's comment. "Usually huh?" he replied with a coy smile. "And what's that supposed to mean?"

short post because I need to rest my head >~<
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus giggled at her comment. Mini Cyn and Mikasi running around. Adorable. Something didn't feel right though. She wasn't one to fall head over heels for a guy, but she really did want children. She has wanted them since she was young. Playing home with the other pack members. No other male has displayed any kind of interest, let alone extreme friendliness to her. This male was the first to even point out the pain she had in her stomach. When other noticed, they would say toughen up or you'll get over it. Which didn't help her mentally. When Cyn began to flirt back, Venus shook the thought of anything happening. They will be happy together. She lied to herself.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
"I-I didn't mean it like that!" She defended herself. Cyn felt as if she had made the entire situation much dirtier than she wanted to. She could see Venus shaking her head ouy of the corner of her eye. She thought Mikasi and Venus would've been a much cuter couple. She could feel the voice echo through her head. It hadn't been lying, so she listened to it.She likes him too. You know deep down that you too like him. She is jealous. She seemed to zone out and retreat into her own thoughts. Had she interrupted the two with a serious talk. What about if they were already mates and Venus hated Cyn for flirting back? Tons of what ifs ran through her head.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Last post for me! Ty for the thread, I really enjoyed it :D

He snickered at Cyn's sudden defense. "Don't worry doll, I'm just messin' around with ya'." One thing that was known about him is he loved messing with others. It was a child stuck in a man's body sort of situation. He couldn't be serious for long even if his life depended on it.

"Welp, I best be heading of then," he said a he took a few steps forward. "I hope to see you two around sometime. I don't think anyone else can deal with my shit," he chuckled. He walked past the two, only to turn around once more. "Hey Venus, promise to get your stomach checked ok? Don't want it to get worse." You could never be to cautious. Mikasi wasn't willing to see a fellow packmate sick. And with that, he turned around and headed forward.

-Mikasi exits
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus you son of a bitch. Stop this madness. You are constantly sick, no one will ever love you when you are sick all the time. The voices in her head reprimanded. Even when Venus was young, pups were a dream of hers, and no other pack mate seems to even want to talk. How would she be able to find someone else? Being a guy was probably so easy. Her stomach fluttered as Mikasi told her to get her stomach checked out. Even with female friends, it was usually: you'll be fine or maybe a: it's just your head. You'll get over it. She nodded quickly and smiled. She looked back at Cyn with guilt covering her face. You are acting like an idiot. Don't loose a friendship. Her face was mixed with pain and guilt. Being sick constantly made it a chore to get out a socialize, in fact, this was her first outing since her stomach pain began. She would find someone else, Cyn would make a great mate for the male.