Blackfeather Woods Practice
Zeta
We can't die we're dead inside.
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
All Welcome 
@Damien

Venus knew she should practice on spying. The ongoing pain in her stomach had distracted her from it. She lowered her nose to the ground, and breathed in. Maybe she could try spying on some prey. It would help her with two skills, hunting and spying. All she could smell was raven droppings. From what she could see, they were everywhere, though she never got the chance to speak with one. She moved along the border, slowly easing into the middle of the territory. She caught wind of a rabbit. She stopped, the scent was coming from her left. She slowly moved her head towards the scent. She caught sight of a movement, slowly coming towards her. She briskly, but silently walked closer to a bush she had seen earlier. She quickly sniffed to make sure it wasn't occupied, and dunked her head it. She was silent, the only noise was the rabbit crunching leaves under it's paws. She positioned her body into pouncing position, and waited.

She watched the rabbit from her hiding spot. Her coat blended in perfectly, her eyes were sharp and unmoving. She was dead set on the rabbit. As the rabbit moved closer, thee more read Venus was to pounce. A shift of wind brought her to a disadvantage, she couldn't smell the rabbit as much as she could before. She moved her back paw, and pain shot through her stomach, and up her spine. She didn't know the cause of her stomach pain, and she chose to ignore it. A tiny whimper escaped her mouth as the pain slowly grew worse. She closed her eyes for a moment, then re opened them. Her greatest fear thankfully came up false, the rabbit had not heard her. The unlucky rabbit grew closer and closer, it's scent was like perfume to the wolf. She readied herself to pounce.

Her back paws propelled her forward and she stretched out her front legs, her claws were ready to scoop up the unsuspecting victim. Her long teeth escaped from her gums in a toothy grin as she opened her gaping mouth. Her front paws hit right where the rabbit had been just moments before Venus exposed herself. She ducked her head down and latched onto the rabbit's neck, just as her back paws hit the ground. She lifted her head up, the rabbit dangling dead from her mouth. Her teeth stayed in the same puncture wounds, trying not to damage any meat that would be eaten. Her hunting victory was short lived as another pang of stabbing went through her stomach. She almost dropped the rabbit from her mouth as her head dropped down, her eyes clouded with pain. She knew she had to get in check out.

She walked to the nearest cache, dropped her kill, and moved on. She knew she should really work on spying, but she had no one to guide her, telling her wrong from right. She began trotting towards the border, hoping to bump into a wolf that would be able to help her. Her nose was low to the ground as she trotted, and her ears were high. Once she reached the border, she moved along it. This also gave her a chance to seek some new hiding spots for training, which she looked forward to.

Oh my god, sorry I wrote so much, I was home alone and bored :D
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Damien caught a glimpse of the newest member of Blackfeather Woods on his way to the borders. He had recently taken the task of guarding the frontiers of Blackfeather Woods as a part of his promise to Meldresi of protecting the family, and he was being pretty serious about it.

Not a word escaped Damien's mouth while he followed the female with caution. He was not a spy, and did not have any interest in formalizing it, but he did enjoy sneaking up on people and gathering information without them knowing.

So far, Venus was not providing much, and the boy didn't expect it to be that way forever but patience was not one of Damien's virtues.

"How's it been?" he said from the shadows, like he'd been there all the time and Venus had just happened to pass by. His face was emotionless, and his posture confident. Like he owned the place, which he pretty much believed.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus's head was down when Damien appeared. She looked from the corner of her eye at the male. "Good. What about you?" She said and finally pulled her head up. She shook her long winter coat out as she watched the man stand confidently. Oh boy. She thought. Before Damien had appeared, she had felt like she wasn't alone. But she was always an aware wolf. She never showed it, but it was relaxing to have another wolf around her. She wouldn't be a good lone wolf. It would easily kill her. Venus could pin point the males personality, he was confident, and had a big ego. Venus looked up as another Raven shot up from the trees. She smiled as it flew away. She focused back on Damien. "Could you help me work on spying? I would really appreciate it." She gave a short, small smile.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Venus didn't seem to be surprised by Damien's presence, which he didn't quite enjoy. His mood went from confident to annoyed in a split second, but his expression didn't quite show it. It remained as plain as it ever was, and his eyes remained focused on Venus. Not quite in the mood for small talk, and definitely not having enough trust to tell her just how hard it was being to cope with his mother's recent death, Damien ept his mouth shut, which said it all.

The boy's eyes also shifted to the raven that fluttered above his head for a moment, before returning to fix on Venus' eyes.

"What do you mean by help?" he asked arrogantly. Damien was no spy, nor did he want to mentor one. In fact, he wasn't even sure how Burke would feel about him getting involved at all with spying training, so he needed to know what Venus was asking before being certain he could help her.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus stood and stared. She could slightly see he wasn't in the mood. She drew up a smile, this could be interesting. "I don't know. Do you have a hints or tips?" She asked as she shifted her back legs. "I was just asking, if you can't help that's fine." She said with a bit of sassy slipped in. She couldn't quite understand why she was asking him for help, but she wanted to form some kind of tiny friendship. He had helped her join Blackfeather woods for goodness sake.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
"I expected you to know about spying already, Venus. That's why I helped you get in the pack..." Damien suggested, genuinely concerned that she had lied about it and now he would have to kick her out for being useless. That wouldn't make him look good because he'd practically defied Burke by giving her a spot without asking for permission.

Damien didn't like the sass that Venus used to talk to him, and so his calmness started to diminish quickly. "The thing is, Venus, that I do help the pack. Now, if you can't help, then what's the point on feeding you through the winter?" he said, matching the sass in Venus' response.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus frowned. He didn't get what she was saying. "Even if I was a master at something, you can still get hints about it. They are called opinions. Sorry for asking for tips, and I'm not worthless thank you very much!" She snapped. No matter who he thought he was, she wouldn't stand idly by and be called worthless. The little dig he spoke about him helping the pack made her laugh. "The pack isn't supported only on the weight of your shoulders Damien, a pack has multiple members for a reason. They are there for each other." 
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
SORRY Damien is a dick rofl
None of this reflects my own feelings, so please don't get it wrong :0

Damien understood perfectly what Venus was saying, and so her own words made him laugh. "You really want to know my opinion? Well, I think you don't know a thing about spying..." he said bluntly, "If you really wanted to practice with me you wouldn't have told me. You would have attempted to get some sort of information from me without telling me you wanted to do it..." he finished with a sly and arrogant smile. "You see, spying isn't all about sneaking around and not be seen. A Spy's work is to get information, at whatever cost. If you must trick me into believing you're to be trusted you will act away and get whatever you want. Being a spy is also about patience, gaining someone's trust isn't always easy, and this far you're not doing a great job, if I may say." he said, referring to himself. Perhaps he was prevented knowing that her intention was to be a spy, but if she had any talent at all she would at least already attempted to make some connections.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Venus stayed completely calm. She was starting to get irritated by him. "Do you remember when you helped me join, I said I didn't spy or trick my pack mates." She said, her voice was low. She turned her head back to the tree. A ball of moss sat waiting for her. She picked it up and faced Damien again.  Her soft gaze fell on him. "I know what to do, and thanks for your opinions. I think I am doing just fine."
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
I'm assuming "Her soft gaze fell on him" means she looked at Damien in the eye...

In calm rage, Venus explained that she would never trick or spy on her packmates. Damien laughed silently and a sly smile crooked his muzzle. "You're very honorable, Venus," he started with a soft and serious, but clearly sarcastic voice, "I really hope I can trust on that one day..."

The female turned to face a tree, turning her back on Damien, which he didn't like; and when she turned back around his face was all but joyful. Venus locked eyes with Damien for a split second, which sent a shot of rage through the young Gamma's body. It resulted in a deep growl and bared fangs, which could only be translated into a gentle suggestion to look away.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
I kinda just meant she looked at him, not necessarily in the eye.

Venus smiled at Damien's sarcastic remark. But it was short lived when Damien turned the mood. It made her jump back. She turned her eyes away. It was a very extreme reaction from him for a small, and soft gaze. She flattened her ears to the side of her head in embarrassment. 
"My apologies." 
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
then it would be a good idea to make that clear since our new rank system is all about challenges!

Venus apologized and her body language changed suddenly. Damien saw this as a true sign of regret, and his own body language changed as well, relaxing a bit and showing how pleased he was to have defended his social status. Ranks were something Damien didn't take lightly; he felt that he was meant to be on top and he acted as such. There was no contempt for those below him nor did he mean any disrespect to those he showed dominance, they were all part of the delicate structure that held the pack together and Damien knew it.

"Leave, now. I have nothing left to say to you." suggested Damien, still looking straight at the female. Unlike Venus, he'd earned that right.
Zeta
255 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
A flick of annoyance went through her. She quickly dipped her head and turned around. She dipped her head and grabbed the ball of moss she found earlier. She was disappointed in what happened, besides Burke and Nemesis, she really didn't trust anyone else very much, and even if he didn't trust her back, it was snapped in half. Sometimes a one sided trust made her feel better. She squinted her eyes as sunlight peaked through the trees. She walked a few steps and turned her head back to the side. "Thanks for the help." Venus said. She turned her head back, and ducked into the brush, she walked slow, in case Damien wanted to say something.