Blacktail Deer Plateau When I think of all the twists and turns
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
idek it's super late but I wanted new posts so have a rando!

All welcome :D

He'd cornered the ground squirrel beneath a tree and was currently going at it, large paws flinging up dirt as they churned in an attempt to get at the snack. He wasn't going to let it slide by so easily. Happy in the moment and at the challenge currently presented, he had a wide grin in place despite eyes narrowed to evade dirt and debris.

He thrust his head into the hole he'd excavated, jaws working as he pushed it as far as it could reach. No luck. He couldn't even see the darn thing under there. His ears tipped back as he pulled his head free and took a step back, appraising the hole and surrounding earth. Well damn. The little guy must've slipped off. Unbothered by his failure and eased by the sudden warm spell that seemed to have settled on the wilds, he sat down, breaths coming in a bit shallower as he tried catch them. Age seemed to mean getting winded earlier, though he didn't think himself that old quite yet. Still, he didn't seem to have the lung capacity he once had.