Blackfeather Woods Woe is me
21 Posts
Ooc —

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Strong violence, gore
Tagging @Nemesis, but anyone can pop in, I guess.
Set in Wolfskull.

How long had it been? How long had he been trapped within the cave? Everything around him remained dark, he knew not of how many days had passed, or even if the sun had yet to rise at all. He could hardly tell up from down anymore, his young mind having been scrambled and left open to the influences of delusions. He wanted to go free, to carry on with his life and live like he was meant to, but his pleas were never answered. No food had been brought to him, nor had his wounds been checked out. It was a surprise infections hadn’t set in, though that was most likely due to them being nothing more than small flesh wounds. Road rash, really, save for whatever marks the woman had left on his scruff with her teeth. Oh, that woman… she’d chased him down and then taken him in, but since then he’d yet to see even the slightest trace of her presence. He didn’t know where she was, or if she ever planned to come back, but didn’t care either way. He didn’t need her. He needed to be left alone, to regain his strength and energy so he could flee. Yeah, that needed to be at the top of his list of priorities, not worrying over when he would see the she-devil again.

A muffled, gurgling sound echoed off the cave’s walls, causing his ears to fall back and a growl to sound from his throat. Eyes darted around in an attempt to locate the source of the sound, but he could see nothing but the shadows that surrounded him. Again, the noise came, bringing him to spin around and fall back, tail tucking down between his thighs. No matter where he looked, he was given no sign that his kidnapper had returned, leaving him even more bothered by the sound. It was only when it echoed once more that he realized he was acting irrationally, for it was coming from his own body—his stomach, to be more precise. As the realization dawned on him, a whimper replaced the growl that had previously been growing in his throat. The pain struck him, then, causing him to flinch back and fold in on himself. Never had he gone hungry, never had he been left to starve. It was a new experience for him, but not at all an enjoyable one. He attempted to seek out food—or just anything edible—but it seemed as if the deities were not on his side. They’d abandoned him in his time of need, more or less assuring him that he’d been sentenced to death.

Then there came a screech.

Ragdoll bolted upwards, but regretted the action directly after. He had to take a moment to regain his composure, the sudden movement having brought on another wave of pain. Once capable of moving, he allowed his ears to guide him through the never-ending darkness, set on finding the source of the cry. One step, three steps, seven steps… he continued forward, but whether he was actually going forward and not in a giant circle couldn’t be known. No matter what type of negative possibilities presented themselves, he pressed onward until he came across something writhing around on the ground. The hybrid could feel fur and bare skin touching his front legs every now and again, and without thinking about what the creature could be, his head shot forward and he scooped the being up into his mouth. Driven by starvation, he wasted no time in biting down on the bat, then chewed and swallowed it down in record time. The small meal did not lessen his pain, though, but caused it to increase instead. The introduction of food to a previously empty stomach only further awoke his need to eat, and the ache became so intense that it had him falling down onto the ground. This time, it was the yearling’s turn to writhe around, just as his meal had been doing before he’d devoured it.

The boy could not keep the whimpers from leaving his opened maw one right after the other, nor could he keep his body still. His slender form twisted around on the cold ground, before he was forced over onto his stomach in order to vomit up what he’d eaten just minutes ago. Having gone so long without eating, his body had not been prepared for the sudden intake and, as a result, had punished him for wishing to end his suffering. No matter, as soon as the contents of his belly had been forced out of him, he dove right back into it and began eating his own puke. He did not stop until every piece had been returned to his insides. It was then that he realized exactly what his life had come to, causing him to bark and howl in a futile attempt to gain someone’s attention. Ragdoll wanted out, and was determined to go free no matter how much it might cost him.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Imma comin!

It had been a few days since she had imprisoned the mutt trespasser in Wolfskull, having decided to let it starve a little bit before she made her dastardly reappearance. While his cuts and bruises would heal, he would have no energy to run on if he made an attempt to escape. Besides, she wanted her victims unscathed for their death, irony in it's own way. With any hope, he would have gone delusional with the absence of nutrition in his stomach. She had never starved someone before, but there was a first for everything. The darkness itself would drive anyone mad for their was no light to see the way nor any hope for it's future. Once in Wolfskull, you stayed in Wolfskull until you were dead. The bones of countless before him would remind him what it really meant to be walking dead for the minute he had stepped on the border, he was done for. Or so she hoped. 

Nearing the entrance of the cave, a hoarse, muffled bark echoed in the darkness. An evil cackle of malevolent laughter erupted from her at the mere thought of someone coming to his rescue. Her presnece in the darkness not so far away from him was haunting, for she was never far from earshot. There was no apparent reason she was picking on him, nothing to back up her murderous ways but the constant excuses of, "I was a troubled kid". In a way, the mutt reminded her of herself. The defenseless, young and stupid girl who had been damaged beyond repair. She wouldn't let someone like that  walk the earth under some assumation they would ever survive. No, she wouldn't. She simply couldn't allow it to carry on. 

"I am going to break every bone in your body before you see daylight again" with a tone of twisted satisfaction in her voice, like she was saying a fact full statement. Her figure emerged from the shadows, only outlined by the single ray of sunlight that had somehow managed to escape through the canopy of trees above them and the rocky ceiling of the cave. Her voice made a shiver go down anyone' spine, holding absolutely no remorse or mercy. It was pure evil, and it radiated from her body like poison, causing casualties and harm to anyone directed at. Nothing could conquer her illuminating darkness that seeped into the very ground she walked on, nothing could hold her malevolent fury in a cage. Every growl from her body rumbled something dark, something hateful and destructive. She lived to corrupt and her wrath would not be saved from the lowlife that huddled before her. Nobody would be saved from her, not from her fury or her rage. 

"You know, you remind me of someone. That someone is dead now, not even a whisper among the wind. So timid, so innocent. Nobody even thought she would turn out the way she did. Not until they were choking on their own blood, that is. Only then did they acknowledge her as someone who felt, who bled, who cried. But by then it was too late. She was gone, turned into something vile and malevolent. Something dangerous" She recounted, a distinct hatred in her voice. She didn;t know why she was telling him her story, but it didn't matter, Soon he would be dead and with her words would he take to his grave. "And she couldn't change. The bloodlust had grown until it consumed her into raging darkness with only revenge to hold onto. But she didn;t fight it, she embraced it" She had given up fighting a long time ago, deciding to let the darkness take her soul for what it was worth. "Then finally she found her home, a place of darkness and everything she was made of. Rage, bloodshed, fury, corruption. And then one day, a ghost comes to haunt her. After so long trying to bury what she used to be, a mutt comes to remind her of the sick creature she had been. The defenseless against her abusers, girl who was afraid of the dark. And she snapped" Her whole body when rigid with fury, her heart pounding in her ears with hate. Her cold eyes turned to meet his, stalking forwards to a closer proximity. "What do you think happened next" She dared him to speak, wanting to know exactly what the victim foretold in his near tragic future. This story would be told, where her past would be buried with every secret of what she used to be. After that day, Adrasteia, would cease to exist.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
MMMMMM.... couldn't help myself. Going to assume this was before they got their task from Burke. Correct me if I'm wrong!

The sound of terrified barks and howls had awoken him from the deep slumber. A gruff growl rumbled in his chest as he analyzed the sounds. It was very annoying to listen to and needed to be stopped. Mikasi stood and exited his den to shut whoever it may be up.

The cries became louder and order as he neared the site known as Wolfskull. As he came closer, he could hear a familiar voice. It was Nemesis. Who was it she was speaking to? There was only one way to tell.

Mikasi slithered to the entrance, looking into the cave of bones. Inside he could se two figures: one dark an mysterious while the other crippled and weak. And the smell that came from the cave was awful. It almost made him wan to gag. A wide toothy grin spread across is maw. Poor little puppy, he thought to himself with glee. So open to death. Maybe he should just kill him now, but what was the fun in that? It was fun to watch the suffering of others.

He stayed melted in the entrance, listening closely to Nemesis' little 'fairy tale'. He stepped into the cave as she said, 'what do you think happened next?'. He cackled before growling, "Reckon it won't be pretty." He circled around the prisoner, bright eyes glued to the dog like he was prey. "Hm... I don't think this ol' guy got a proper welcome to Blackfeather." His eyes switched from Ragdoll to Nemesis. "I believe he deserves our 'warm welcome'. How about you and me 'welcome him', eh?"
21 Posts
Ooc —
Going to say this ahead of time, just in case – you have my full permission to attack and injure Ragdoll. To make things interesting, one of you can go ahead and roll for the trespassing rule. c: 1-6 = moderate injury, 7-14 = severe injury, and then 15 = death! :D Of course, neither of you have to, but I figured why not give it a shot and gamble with his life lmao

Every bark that he created felt like glass sliding up his dry throat. It was torture, in its own way, but nothing compared to what he feared would happen if he remained within the cave. No matter how raw his throat became, he continued on with his noises, releasing bark after bark. Every time he tried to howl, tried to throw his voice even farther than the lengths by which his barking could reach, he’d be deafened by the continuous echoes. The repetition would assault his ears like nothing else before, the pitch resembling that of his domesticated canine-lineage. It was higher than that of a wolf’s, lacking the melodic frequency that his wild counterparts could achieve. While it felt horrendous and inspired a headache to form, it also served as a reminder of who he was—of what he was. That he wasn’t a true wolf, but a hybrid instead. An abomination, as some had once told him, a creature unfit to be living in the wild. Back then, he’d shaken their taunts off as nothing to be concerned with, for his father had promised to keep him and his siblings safe. To give him the life he deserved in the wild, rather than allowing him to be chained down in captivity. For a long while, his father had honoured that promise, too, but Ragdoll tore it all to hell.

The boy had no one but himself to blame for his predicament, and he was also the only one who could get himself out of it.

No matter how much pain ran its course through his body, he couldn’t give up. He had to keep trying, to survive and make it out of whatever hell he’d been dragged into. Again, the yearling’s jaws parted slightly, a gravelly howl rattling its way out of his throat, but never did he receive the opportunity to complete his toneless cry for help. He was cut off abruptly by the sound of an all too familiar voice. The same voice that had snaked its way through his mind every second he spent in the darkness, the same voice that haunted his dreams even while he laid awake. The voice of the dark woman, his captor, his tormentor. Instinctively, he sat up, only to crouch forward with his ears laid flat against his skull. His tail clung to his body, failing to weasel its way beneath his hindquarters, but making up for it by twisting around his thigh and settling against the inner region of his back leg. His eyes remained wide as they stared off into the direction from which the voice had come, though he was not yet able to see his abuser. When she decided to emerge from the shadows and allow a few stray strands of light to touch her nightmarish soma, his brief silence was ended as a whine was drawn out of his throat.

Ragdoll coiled back, little whispers in the back of his mind insisting she was about to attack. The voice he once recognized as his conscious assured him that she was there to finish the job she’d started, that she was going to tear into his flesh until there was nothing left to sink her incisors into. Panic entered his body, shortening his breaths and making his muscles stiffen. Pale eyes darted around frantically in a desperate attempt to locate some sort of magically-appearing exit, but there was nothing but darkness. Darkness, bones, and Death herself standing right before him. Suddenly, his eyelids pinched together, bracing himself for whatever was to come.

A second passed right on by, yet he didn’t feel teeth scraping against his flesh. Slowly, he allowed for his eyes to open as he peeked over at the woman, finding that she hadn’t moved. She remained where she was, her mouth being the only thing to change position as she told a tale. It was unlike any he’d heard before, pulling at his heart only to then drive fear deep into the beating organ. She didn’t have to give a name for him to figure out who the story was about, especially when she mentioned the appearance of a “mutt”. It was then that she decided to lessen the space between them, making the hybrid shrink back in a futile attempt to appear invisible. He didn’t want to hear her life story or learn of what she went through, he wanted to have his freedom given back to him. He wanted to run again without any worries, to carry on with his life until old age stole away his soul. Ragdoll didn’t want to die not knowing how it felt to truly live, to love another being with all he had to offer. He didn’t want to die before seeing his family again, his brothers and sisters, and even his parents. He didn’t want his life to end so soon.

The boy’s maw parted, his response eager to fill the air between them, but he was cut off by an obscured speaker. It was an unfamiliar sound, as was the appearance of the male who owned it. The only thing about the newcomer he recognized was the vibes he received as the shaded figure drew near. His words were like poison to the air, his soul dark and heart nonexistent. The male’s very essence was the same as Ragdoll’s captor, menacing and cruel. Pale blue eyes attempted to follow the darkness that was then circling itself around the trembling figure, trust no longer seeming to exist within his fatigued body. When the unknown presence stopped and spoke of “welcoming” the young wolfdog, his attention snapped back to Nemesis, a pleading look filling his features. “Please,” he begged, voice cracking from fear and the lack of use. “L-let me go… I won’t ever come back, I promise! I’ll s-stay away, you’ll never h-hear from me again.” It was his only wish, to leave the darkened cave and feel the sun against his coat once more. “I w-won’t even tell my p-pack about this, I swear! In truth, he wasn’t technically a member of a pack anymore, but they didn’t need to know that.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Short post, sorry!
Turning to Mikasi, she didn't mind his presence for once. While there was a chance he had heard her story, she couldn't care less in the moment. Her blood was dark adrenaline coursing through every part of her body, her mind going haywire off the drug bloodlust. All rational thoughts had been thrown out the window, for she was not in control. She hadn't been for a while. 

Her ears flicker, longing for the sound of cries and screams. "Yes, let's" A true smile found it's way to her lips, pulled back wickedly. "Torture?" She contemplated, almost teasingly. She didn't hear the pleads coming from Ragdoll, she couldn't. Her conscious wouldn't let her. 
"You have no pack!" She screeched, manically in a burst of anger. "You smell of the wild, of loneliness and isolation. I bet you don't even have a family to run to. Death will free you, no more pain and regret. Just silence, the Void. You can only run from it for so long" She went on, her mind flowing freely of all the truth she could muster. 

"This is a gift, the pain. Do you really think you could survive out there, even if you did get free? We are always in the shadows, waiting ever so silently" Her verbal diminishment was her move, to reduce the opponent to nothing, until it was begging for death.

Do you want to put a mature sticker on this because, well, this isn't going to be a very nice thread. LOL
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
His poisonous laughter filled the death cave. Eyes glittered from the bloodlust. It was always fun to torture the ones that were like this. Afraid and weak, it would be a quick job. He turned his gaze over to Nemesis. "Oh yeah," he hissed, "That's the word."

He waited along the sidelines, growls and vicious barks filling the cave. "There's no one to run to," he added truffle, "There is no one out there to love you. You're all alone buddy." He trotted up closer to the dog's head, muzzle close to his ear. "We're just doin' you a favor pal. Just, let it happen." He finished his sentence with
a growl, teeth zooming forward to yank his ear off.
21 Posts
Ooc —
I went ahead and rolled to determine his fate. Looks like he's only going to sustain a moderate injury (I'm gonna say moderate means anything that isn't lethal for the sake of keeping things realistic for these three), ooo. I was expecting death, aha. The die is kind to Ragdoll~
Perhaps this is where he can escape? :o

Torture.

One word, two syllables, seven letters. It seemed so simple when thought of like that, but the reality of the matter was anything but. The word itself could mean nearly anything, all of which would bring him some sort of pain. Never would he have ever imagined himself in such a position, begging for his life and hoping he would live to see the next day. Pleading did nothing but anger his tormentors, probably making things even worse for himself in the long run. There was nothing he could do, no one he could call that would hear him. His family was miles away, farther than anyone's voice could ever reach. He was alone, they probably hadn't even noticed he was gone. There was no one coming to his rescue, no saviour to relieve him of his suffering. There was only Ragdoll, the dog among the wolves.

That was it. It was only Ragdoll, meaning only he could save himself. He could prove to everyone that he was a wolf, not some domesticated pet. He would prove it to everyone, even if it cost him greatly. "I don't want to die," he repeated, voice low as he slowly looked between the vicious strangers. "I will survive. I survived for so long already, I won't die now." The hybrid was not a naturally dominant being, but he had a strong will to live. He would fight, if he had to, and he would run until his legs felt like fire. It wasn't his time to die, and so he wasn't about to roll over and let them steal his last breath.

He flinched back when the male grew closer, expecting to feel teeth puncture his flesh. Instead, he was met with words, a repetition of what he'd just been told. "My family cares for me..." he began, though his words shook. "And there's others... there has to be someone out there for me, someone I am meant to meet and spend my life with. I don't want to leave them alone before even meeting them." There was so much left to do, so many things left to see. All he wanted was to escape the dark world he'd been forced into and bask in the sunlight once more. He would find himself a home, take a lover and maybe start a family, then live out the rest of his years in peace. That was the plan, the life he'd envisioned for himself from a very young age. The thought of having that torn away from him was terrifying, and he was reluctant to let it happen without some kind of fight. "I won't die."
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
I'm just gonna pull her out of this, for time sake. Athena, you can release him when you're done if that's what you've planned :)

Once again did the mutt reopen his mouth, going on about how he was a survivor and blah, blah, blah. Frankly, she didn't give two shits what he thought he was. The collar around his neck clearly showed how he had survived, as a pet. It wasn't surviving at all if you had people to feed you, and so she snarly directly to him. Finally fed up with his blabber, winging out her nails to make a nice clean cut above his eye. He would see, yet the cut would not heal, forever being a reminder to his welcoming time in Hell. The scar, if she ever seen it again, would secure his death warrant. But she doubted unless she looked would she catch his scent once more.

Her anger had simmered, leaving no inspiration to take the torture any further. Turning to Mikasi, she left it up to him to do whatever he wanted, yet to let him out would show the rest of the Teekon what Blackfeather was capable of, so she said. Walking hanchly away from the mutt, she gave him one last mischievous grin on satisfaction, her eyes wandering to glance at the open cut above his eye that now dripped blood. And then did her eyes meet his, the cold burning colder than it had before. She had no metaphorical humanity left, not for a while she wouldn't, she thought before disappearing back into the shadows.