Blackbeak Bluff So this is what power looks like
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
All Welcome 
Pearl had lost the war in her mind. Her desire to see the ocean had overpowered the one that claimed it would be better to lay eyes on it with others. She had tipped off Dante saying that she was going to check out the new land, as she would, in time. They weren't moving for a little while, so she had a few days to herself to figure out what on earth to do when living at the coast. The logical side of her justified her outing as a time to learn about hunting the new prey she would find there, so she wouldn't be completely useless when the rest of the pack was. 

A cooler, drizzly day it had turned out to be, perfect for observing the intensity of the salty expanse. Pearl approached the Bluff with hesitancy, not knowing what the roaring noise that filled her ears was. It must be the ocean, but how it reached this volume was a mystery. She heard a monstrous crash, and deep-sounding splashing. Interest and curiosity drove her to the beckoning bluff, and her senses were overwhelmed with the salt-laced air. The horizon seemed to clash with the water, light gray mixing with the dark, stormy water capped with foam. Her attention was fully devoted to watching the swirling dark blue as she stopped dangerously close to the edge. The roaring and crashing was more intense than ever, and the salty spray now reached her paws and settled on her pale fur. She sat, letting herself be lost in the noise and become one with the ocean. 

There she sat, a white wolfess in a field of grays and tainted blues. The pearl had finally come home to the ocean. But there was something pulling at her - someone to enjoy this with.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Walking over the ragged ground, the large female kept a steady pace, her nose filled with the scent of sea salt. She hadn't visited a coastline like this before, to her, this was an adventure. She felt herself smile as her hackles stood up the tiniest bit on her back. She hadn't seen waves or smelt new air that was so fresh and crisp like this before, her home was rather secluded in large forests and brush.

"This place is beautiful..." Krypton said, gasping as she heard the large ocean's waves crash upon the shore. She had been traveling along the line for a few hours, in search of a place to view everything from atop. She wanted to feel the wind blow through her fur from the highest peek she could reach, her adventurous side was taking over her introvert side. 

The large female turned her attention to the large bluff up ahead, the waves crashing onto the washed down rock. She started to pick up her pace towards it, her paws leaving little messages across the wet sand. "I wish I could live here. This is just beautiful..." She breathed out, trying to tear her gaze away from the never-ending horizon of blue.

"Maybe I could live here... Maybe I could just do it..." She said, finally averting her glossy green eyes away from the ocean and starting to trot faster on the sand, her larger strides taking over. Her heart was gently pounding, her head in the clouds and mist of the sea. She felt as if she was on cloud nine.

"I'll stay here for a little bit. Maybe I can claim this?" She thought to herself.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Light green eyes fixed on the horizon, salty air in her nose, head in the clouds, Pearl felt a strong sense of joy that compelled her to laugh and tip her muzzle to the sky to loose a melodic howl laced with her joy and contentedness. Her deeper tones mixed with the crashing of the waves, declaring her freedom, happiness, and unknowingly a neutral invite to those near. 

Pearl's tail slowly waved back and forth on the ground, picking up the scent of the sea. It was so wonderful she could not stop herself from smiling and laughing. All that was to be done was jump in to truly get the taste of the ocean, but the logical part of her still told her no. There was no chance she would get back to shore, or even survive the swirling whitecaps. So she stayed, unknowingly waiting for company, but enjoying every second of her time on the Bluff.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Keeping her gaze on the ocean, the tawny female turned her entire body and faced the roaring waves and splashing tides. Her ears were focused on the noises of the water, her mind and body at peace. She took in a breath, about to let out a happy yip until something caught her attention.

Sharply turning her head to the side, the burly female heard a loud howl echo through, louder than the waves crashing. The howl didn't sound far away, and it didn't sound like a lonely howl. It sounded happy and filled with joy.

Smiling, she returned the howl, the sea lifting away her fears about aggressive others. The sea was a strange thing to her, she had never seen such a large amount of water before. it had mostly been large lakes and ponds, a few rivers and such.

"Maybe he or she is near the bluffs. Maybe I should say hi if they aren't angry. The howl was welcoming almost..." She whispered, the salty wind blowing through her soft tawny fur. Shaking her head, the female picked her trot back up and headed towards the bluff, eager to meet someone new and maybe even recruit someone else.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Upon hearing the return howl, Pearl's head snapped to the side, momentarily breaking the trance. She returned her gaze to the never-ending expanse, watching, waiting. Her fur is collecting water over time, so she has to eventually stand and shake out her pale coat. 

Sitting back down on the edge, she patiently waits for the owner of the howl, and looks down. Mesmerized by the breaking of the waves on the bluffs, her attention was captured. Pearl laid down on her stomach, paws hanging over the edge and tail soaking up the water behind her.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Hoping her howl fell upon kind ears, the tawny female continued her way towards the bluffs, her eyes trying to focus on them. It sounded as if the howl was born from over there, so keeping her eyes on the bluff, she trotted.

"Maybe they are a pack wolf? But there weren't any pack scents along the borders. If it is a pack wolf, maybe I can strengthen the ties between the two. Zaria might be pleased by this..."

Laughing at her thoughts, Krypton kept her pace and started to leave the coast line and head up the slope that led to the bluffs. Although she felt scared and anxious about meeting a wolf, she wanted to be the best for her pack.

Swallowing dryly, nose filled with the scent of salt, the burly female started to make her way closer to bluff. She let out a loud bark, hoping that the wolf or wolfess would still be there. Hang on, I'm almost there she thought.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl was nearly lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves, despite being on the edge and soaked. A bark from the howler came, calling her back yet again. This wolf had better get here sometime soon, she thought with a smile. Giving a welcoming bark back down in the direction the other had come from, she laid her head back down on her paws. It was a bit precarious on the edge, but she was always one for heights.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Upon hearing the bark returned, the burly female had made it to the bluffs. The noise was loud, the waves crashed against the bluffs, but it was so calm. It was as if time had slowed down to let her see the world as it was from atop a high place. Although she wasn't at the point, she could hear the wind howl and the view was extraordinary.

She felt as if the world was in her paw to control. She felt as if she could leap of the ledge but she would not fall, the sea would carry her in an endless wave of blue instead.

Taking her strides closer towards the bluff, the tawny female saw a wolfess. Her coat was a grey/white coat, almost the color of a cloud. She felt as if the female was waiting for her arrival. Taking a few more steps on the bluff, she let out a breath.

"It's beautiful up here." She said loudly towards the female who laid down at the edge of the bluff, her fur most likely soaked with mist. She admired the wolfess' courage for laying so close to the edge of the bluff, was it not dangerous?
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl turned at the voice and to the large tawny female to which it belonged. She smiled, replying loudly, "It really is. Mesmerizing, isn't it?" Pearl stood, taking care not to disturb any rocks that might not be stable and lead to her likely demise. She paced farther away from the edge, shaking her salt tinged coat. 

Approaching the larger wolfess, Pearl smiled and sat next to her, intending small conversation. "So what brings you to the great ocean?" she asked, loud enough to be heard over the waves and the picking up of the wind.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Seeing how the pearly colored female spoke kindly towards her, the tawny female let out a breath of relief. With the salty wind blowing against her and the mist attaching to her fur, she smiled at the other wolfess.

What brought her here? She hadn't really thought of a real reason. It was more of a drive, a sense, a search for something that was unknown to her. She let out a small chuckle at the question. "In all honesty, I don't know. The ocean, I had never seen it before." She said, seeing how the wolfess sat comfortably next to her.

There was never a time where the burly female could enjoy the scenery like this, especially when the earth touched the sky like the bluffs did here. When she was a lone wolf, she could never just relax and take a stroll like she could now. It felt relaxing to have this freedom and peace of mind.

"But now I see why I wanted to come here." She said, her eyes throwing themselves towards the crashing waves of blue and white. Her curiosity got the best of her at times, and she couldn't help it when it dropped by to say hello. "What brought you to visit these bluffs? Adventure? Curiosity?" She asked, her glassy eyes shifting back to focus on the other female.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Glad to have another that appreciated the ocean as much as she did relieved Pearl. Calmly, she listened to the other. The soaked, salt coated faye smiled and continued to stare thoughtfully at the horizon and the waves as she slowly thought out a response. 

"Both, really. I hadn't seen the ocean before either, and decided it was time to finally lay my eyes on the powerful sight." she said, sighing appreciably. It was nice to have some kind company. "What is your name?" she asked the large female after a bit.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
"Krypton." She said softly, a calm look on her face. Normally she would be leaving by now after exchanging few words with others, but this wolfess intrigued her. She was not territorial, nor was she aggressive. She was mesmerized by the waves crashing against the bluffs, the wind howling and the air filled with salt.

"And you?" The burly female asked, looking at the female but not into her eyes. She wondered about this female, was she apart of a pack that was around here? Krypton thought not, there were no scents lingering around the border area here.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Krypton. Interesting name for a wolf (that makes the player think of superman every single time), Pearl thought. The burly female had not been at the oceanside long enough for which her pack scent to wear off, as her own had mostly. "To what pack do you belong?" she asked, the scent somewhat familiar. 

"Pearl," she calmly breathed out, the irony working in a chuckle. The larger female seemed a bit younger, and wasn't very hostile, as not many wolves of the Teekon were that she had met, excluding Burke.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Pearl. That name seemed to ring a bell in the tawny woman's head. She couldn't remember where it was from, but it sounded quite familiar. She at least remembers what it looks like, Pearl's coat matched the color of the real thing. Perhaps that's where she got her name from... Well, that was past her, she knew this female's name.

When Pearl asked for Krypton's pack name, Krypton was a little hesitant to say. She was worried her pack might not be found of Pearl's. The last thing she would want is an outbreak war between the two. "Silvertip." She spoke softly to Pearl. "You must be from around this land since you hold the smell, Donnelaith?" She asked, a little confident in her answer. That was the pack that held the land around here, perhaps she was just out exploring.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
She did not recall much about Silvertip, although as far as she knew they were in Lasher's good graces. There had been a wolf or two that came and visited, maybe carried a message, if she remembered what Constantine said a while ago. June...was that her name? "I think I remember a girl coming to our previous territory, Blacktail Deer Plateau. June?" she asked. 

"Yeah, I belong to Donnelaith, but I'm not from here," she responded. There wasn't too much to be said on the matter, so Pearl simply gazed back at the ocean. Rain had picked up along with the wind, ruffling her fur.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The tawny woman kept her ears pricked forward with interest at Pearl's answer. Hearing the word June, Krypton felt a little curious about that. Since when had the young one traveled here? Although the distance wasn't too far such as heading towards the Phoenix Pack, such a distance would be dangerous, especially a pup.

It didn't matter though, June was alive and healthy so she  must've done fine. Perhaps she was accompanied with someone? "June? Quite strange, she isn't even a year old..." The woman said, her glassy eyes looking at Pearl calmly.

Hearing Pearl's answer about the Donnelaith pack, Krypton felt pleased that she was at least correct in her terms. She liked being correct with her guesses. However, Pearl caught her off guard when she spoke about not being from around the area. Krypton gave her a curious look, but kept it away. She wouldn't go and dig into personal information about the other, that would be rude to intrude. "Me neither, although that
s obvious. I'm not from around the Teekon area at all actually" She said, her body shivering a bit at the cool wind. 
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
the responses are getting shorter and shorter... fade soon? :)

Pearl gave a shrug in response. She hadn't been the one to greet her at the borders, so she could only provide a name to the bigger female. Though in the old territory, Silvertip wasn't too far for a barely one year old to travel, so she wasn't too concerned.

"Seems that way. Not many who live here are from here," she explained, wondering with a slight start when she had begun to speak this way. On the norm, she was incredibly awkward, so she guessed it was just hanging around Lasher and the sea. She gave a lopsided smile to Krypton, and shivered a bit when the wind bit at her soaked pelt.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Sure :) 

The woman nodded her head to Pearl's words. Not many wolves have been birthed into these lands, most are all pups. The pack wolves (whom both women belong too) are foreign, most wolves have traveled to this place. Who could blame any of them though? The land was nice, plenty of game, it was a perfect home for wolves to live in.

"Very true. The land here is almost perfect for wolf packs of any size. Plenty of game." The woman spoke with kindness and observed the area around her again. It was just... breathtaking, a very cliche word to use, along with beautiful, but what other words could she use? None seemed to fit the land good enough to her. Her eyes shifted back towards Pearl and noted how her body shook a little from the cool breeze.

"Perhaps it is time I return home from my journey" Krypton said, smiling to the light female. She wished she didn't have to leave, but she belonged somewhere away from here. She was bound to return again though.