Sawtooth Spire transformation incomplete
90 Posts
Ooc — Java
All Welcome 
The base of SS - she could probably make it to Otter Creek with help. For @Lasher or anyone else who wants to find/help her! I might make this read-only if it doesn't get replies (and flesh it out a bit, if so).

"Eigma -"

"Eigma we have to go, now! Mom's waiting -"

"Get up, move,"

"Move!" The voice was distorted and foreign. As if it fell from the mouth of a stranger deep inside the earth. The sound of it startled her awake, sending a shiver through her body. It raced down her back and through her very bones, spreading a chill down through her toes. The word vanished, leaving only the silence of the trees. There was snow on the ground - how long had she been asleep? She eased herself halfway up, only to gasp and quake. Pain rocked through her and she buckled at the legs, her face burrowing against a pile of pine needles.

What happened? Why was she here of all places? All she could smell was stale dirt; it was lightly scented with the cold, the frost biting at her nostrils. The pain Eigma felt in her sides was an obstacle itself - almost insurmountable - it hurt to even breathe. She tasted the familiar copper flavor of blood upon her tongue but, still winded from her first jolt upright, she did not have the energy to check for damage. Something was wrong and that was all she knew. The wrongness was everywhere.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Trotting over the snow, the large female looked around with glossy eyes, her breath cold and freezing in the air. She had been trotting for what felt like ages (it had been a few miles), and she broke down to a slow walk, her large stride covering the snowy dirt. While walking, her large ears constantly flicking back and forth, listening to the snow crunch beneath her massive sized paws.

The large lone's breaths were a bit choppy and quick, her body heaving in the slightest manner as she walked. Her breaths erupted from her jaws, steam pouring out like a mighty waterfall before fogging up the air. As she continued walking, her nose started to pick up on a scent. It was another animal, most likely another canine like herself.

Her ears perked forward as her body became tense. She wasn't intruding on any pack lands, she smelt the borders twice before entering. Perhaps it was just another lone passing through like herself? What if this lone was dangerous? What if what if what if... 

"No more Kryp! You're gonna die without seeing another one like you!" Her conscience yelled. Loneliness had been biting at the Krypton's bones for far too long. She needed interaction, for she was a pack animal like any other canine in the world.

Picking up a faster paced walk, she made her way towards the scents. Her nose filled with the other's scent, and what seemed to be blood. Maybe this lone had food?

Shaking her head, Krypton made her way. If there was food, she would have to wait until the other left to eat. Her stomach growled loudly at her, making Krypton start to trot again. Maybe this lone would actually be friendly? Maybe she would swallow her anxiety and actually introduce herself, unlike other times she had been sort of... a stalker.

"They will see me anyways, my brown fur will stick out like a sore paw out here in all this white snow. Unless I can hide behind a large-trunked tree, I'm open to attack. I best be careful and watch where I step..."
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
90 Posts
Ooc — Java
Breathing was difficult but not impossible. Every inhalation was icy hot; cold when it touched her nose, but hot as soon as her lungs began to expand. Eigma's teeth grit tight as she wheezed out another breath. The world was spinning even though her face was plastered against the uneven ground, crunching a light layer of snow while she agonized. She pulled her legs in close, but even that slight movement was too much - her breath hitched in her throat, pain spanned the base of her back and spread along her sides.

Laying here felt like death - like she was dying slowly. The chill of winter had settled upon the mountain during her trek up it, and without knowing how long she had been stuck here in the middle of nowhere, she felt the numbing chill on her extremities and knew... If she didn't get up, get out, right now, she probably would never make it. Her eyes opened to slits. Eigma drew in a shaky breath and held it, even though the very act of doing so was intense and nauseating.

Then, she thrust herself up. Her legs nearly buckled a second time - but she leaned against the tree which sheltered her body, pressing her shoulder against it. For a minute she just stood there, breathing, aching, and then she took a series of steps. More like slips - and Eigma's route was not straight, but curving erratically along the hillside. She was pulled along by gravity more than her own desires.

As soon as her face breached the shadows, catching the light of the sun in one spontaneous moment of brilliant illumination, she lost her balance and collapsed, letting out a hissing shriek of pain as her body reconnected with the ground.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Keeping a steady pace, the large female anxiously lumbered her way through the snow. Meeting a new wolf would be a major morale boost to her. "Don't get ahead of yourself stupid, this wolf could be dangerous for all you know." Krypton's sarcastic brain snapped. She chuckled softly to herself and kept moving forward. 

Her ears pricked up as the scents got stronger, their musks wafting in the icy wind as it blew across the powdered ground. Her heart began to pump faster, yet her face stayed emotionless. "Be patient, don't become crazy... Just act normal."

Continuing on her path through the snow, Krypton felt the sun warm her hackles on her back, although she felt uncomfortable. This land is unfamiliar, and she sticks out with her brown fur in this snowy place. With her ears pinned back in the slightest manner, the large wolf looked around for any others that could be around. The trees were up ahead and looked quite tall, their branches and pine needles covered in the soft blanket of white.

The hill sloped down from her point of view, making Krypton slow down her pace. She broke back down to a walk, her tongue hanging out of her mouth as she panted for air. The scents were practically being spurted out here. Keeping her mind open and her body relaxed, the large wolf crunched the snow beneath her large paws and slowly made her way over. She took a wide turn rather than heading straightforward, almost as if she was going to circle around the hill. She finally stopped in her tracks and looked around. Her large ears were pinned forward, glossy eyes glistening with excitement and fear. Her tail was lowered towards the ground, her paws' pads releasing scents. Out of blind curiosity, the large wolf let out a small and quiet bark, staying still with her body straight in frame.

"Is there anyone there?" She asked in an almost inaudible voice, surprised at her confidence in herself to speak. The wolf stayed in her spot and waited for a response or a signal to either run in or flee.
90 Posts
Ooc — Java
Preemptive apology for mistakes, because I'm kind of drunk.

The sound that burst from her mouth was swiftly swallowed by the snow. There was a light crunch when her body hit the earth, and then she was back to square one: struggling to breathe, fighting to keep moving, but she couldn't do it. A whine penetrated the chilled air - originating from Eigma's position - and it faded away quickly enough. She was scared. Terrified of what was to become of her here. The lifestyle of a rogue was a dangerous one, but this - this hadn't been the plan at all. She had come here to prove herself to Charon, and was going to fail if she didn't get up.

"Come on Eigma, you can do it," the voice carried on the wind; at first, she thought she was imagining things. "You're bigger and faster than me - and half the boys out there - so come on, get up," The voice was more than familiar. Her eyes shot open wide, and she heaved herself up, ignoring the sharpness of the pain in her sides and the way the air pinched at her throat. She saw a pale figure standing just a few feet away -- and her brain told her it was "Fera?"

But her sister was far from here. She was still missing - so how could that be her? The figure turned their head towards Eigma and for a split second, yes, recognition flooded her. It was Fera - she would recognize her anywhere. "Fera -" Eigma gasped the name and lunged, struggling to her feet, staggering, her mind still spinning. And when she finally got her head level with her shoulders, the silhouette was gone.

"Fera? Come back -" Speaking was too hard. Eigma thought she was going to throw up, or pass out, or maybe both and maybe not even in that order - but she took a step, and another, not realizing that the sound she heard was a stranger calling out. Her sister wasn't here, but her mind said she was.

"I'm here - over here!" She shouted as loudly as she could, her voice transforming from audible language to another shriek, a whine of pain, and she collapsed again. Help me Fera, you're my only hope.
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
STUMBLES IN i am also buzzed so srry if this doesnt make sense

traveling such a vast distance from donnelaith had been a poor choice, but lasher had been buoyed by the founding of their new abode, and thus had charged blue willow and dante with his departure, while he himself followed a herd of elk inland. if he was able to return with sustenance, their caches would hold until some manner of sea-flesh could pad the empty larders.

the air was cold, and winter's tongue lashed against the muscles of his once-injured flank, which had begun to stiffen. but the druid pressed on, following forth the left-behind spoor of the elkherd, and with it traveled the promise of their success in the new land.

a scream breached the air -- he was not certain of how long he had traveled, nor the placement of the sun in the sky. lasher had become the wandering, houseless spirit of his past realms, and he fell away to pursue the piercing sound with an avid wonderment.

the strong form of a lone wolf came into view -- the druid's hackles rose instinctively -- but the scent was familiar. however, it did not emanate from the first wolf -- his murkwater eyes fell upon his counterpart. "where?" he whispered helplessly, though he fell silent to listen.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The large wolf looked at around, her ears still pricked forward for a voice. Her heart dropped when she heard shouting, and calling out to someone. Fera? Who was that? Krypton shook her head and looked around more, frantically searching to where the voice came from. Then she spotted it.

Another lone was staggering towards her and calling out, before collapsing to the ground. She smelt somewhat the scent of blood and looked as if she had been injured by another wolf or animal. There was no time to waste, Krypton stated to run towards the female, in fear that the lone would die without getting medical attention. Although it wasn't a quick sprint, it was fast enough where she reached the wolf in a matter of a few seconds.

Peering down at the other lone, only a few feet away from her, Krypton's mind was racing around like some crazy animal. "What do I do? What do I do? Find help? Find herbs? Come on conscience work with me!" She thought. Making her decision, she jogged closer to the collapsed wolf and examined her body. It didn't look like any major damages, although she could be wrong, there could be more on the other side.

She picked her large head up and let her eyes scan the area in search of a special tree bark or some kind of leafy plant. Although she would never do this to any wolf, one who needs medical attention is more important than those who are wandering like herself.

"What happened..?" She whispered, looking down with sad eyes at the quiet lone. Her nose started to pick up more scents, mostly just one wolf. That would have to wait. Maybe the other knew medical better than herself? The facts mattered, she needed to take the risk. Swallowing her anxiety, the large female let out a loud howl, one filled with remorse and urgency, hoping it would fall upon kind ears.
90 Posts
Ooc — Java
She saw the pale figure deviate in their course and drift closer, and a part of her brain said it was only the snow. That she was imagining a rescue. That her sister - her long lost sister - could not be here at all. Two wolves approached her then; the stranger, the real and very much alive wolf that had been scouring the mountain's base, and a second wolf, more familiar but not there at all. Reality was skewed for Eigma. The stranger got closer and on her tail was "Fera," she gasped with relief, her eyes fluttering as she tried to stay awake and coherent, "You've found me. You've.. Come home.." The dark gray figure next to Krypton was nothing but a shadow, but Eigma saw what she wanted. And then the stranger raised her head to howl for help, and Eigma was revived by the panic in the sound. Not entirely - just enough to do a double take and realize Fera was gone again. She was being helped by someone, but it wasn't her sister. "You're not -- where is she? Why did you scare her off?" Eigma sounded frantic. Partway through this latest break from reality her lungs would take no more, and she devolved in to a coughing spasm.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
srry for the holdup D:

"she is delirious," lasher muttered -- eigma, as he knew her, reeled with the shock of an injury he did not yet comprehend. their fellow gave voice to a beacon, one that would hopefully summon help. rifling through the small stores of plantlore he had accumulated during his mateship to blue willow, lasher surfaced with a name. "mint. a small plant, broad, soft leaves and aromatic. will you try to find some?" he asked of the other wolfess.

toward their injured comrade did he pace -- muzzle dipped and he would touch her shoulder if she allowed it. "calm," he whispered into the frenzied ear.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
excuse my bad post, this was on my phone

Nodding at the other male, Krypton turned to the left around the injured female and jogged her way down the hill. "Broad and soft leaves that are aromatic... I've gotta find those..." She thought as she jogged around, searching the bases go trees for the small herb. Sticking her large nose towards the ground, the tawny wolf searched the area.

The first she plant she saw had pointy leaves instead, making her shake her head. Continuing her path, Krypton found a small plant with green leaves that were soft. Taking a strong whiff of the plant, she nodded her large head and picked the entire plant with her jaws, taking both the stem and leaves, but leaving the roots for it to hopefully to regrow back later.

Spinning on her heels, the large female didn't dare waste any time. She picked up a long-stride trot with a quick pace. The plant tasted different, but not awful, and the smell was bittersweet. 

Running up back the hill from where she had came from, her large paws dug into the dirt as she pulled her burly body up. Making it to the flat ground, she dropped the mints next to the male's paws. 

"Is this the right plant?"
90 Posts
Ooc — Java
Lovely post Krypton! :)

Lasher's softly spoken command was heeded. Perhaps only because the coughing left her weak and sore, but either way, Eigma stopped speaking. When she had control of her breathing again, she remained quiet and sullen; her breath was ragged and wheezing, perhaps hinting at the dangerous injuries she had sustained. She could not breathe deeply of the mountain air without issues, so the tempo of her inhalations became steady (if a bit shallow). She looked to the pale figure as it departed, and then seemed to see beyond her, unfocused - eyes roaming until she saw Lasher, and held him in her gaze despite the effort that it took. He was seen as three, four wolves. But her sister was not among them.
7 Posts
Ooc — TearOfTheWolf
Snow padded up the rocks. I'm starting to get too old for this, he thought. At five, his muzzle was starting to collect gray. He lifted his nose, smelling wolves. Snow, being a lone wolf with drams of starting a pack, made his way up. His ears detected shouting, the commanding voice of what he assumed was a high ranking member of some pack, and the voice of a female. Snow used the snow around him to camouflage himself. Something was going on up there, and he was not sure he wanted to find out.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
i know she hit her head; i'm assuming cuts/scrapes/bruises from the fall?

the woman departed with a nod; eigma calmed beneath his touch. he remained alongside her until their fellow had returned, and gave the other wolfess a grateful look. "these are exactly what i wished. thank you." lifting one stem of broad leaves, taltos pushed it across the ground to the injured wolfess. "chew upon these, please," he asked.

when she had presumably complied, and lasher knew the fresh taste of the mintplant would distract her, freshen her jaws, clear the muzziness from her crown, he began to search across her body slowly with questing muzzle, documenting any injuries he would see.

his nares flared at the scent of yet another wolf; lasher lifted his head and searched 'round for the unseen watcher, but soon returned his attentions to the injured she-creature.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The large female nodded her head at the male, happy that she actually did something right. I hope she's alright, I wonder what happened to her? Taking a step back away from the other two, another wolf's scent filled her nose.

The large female turned her head and looked around, her ears pricked forward, her tail swaying the slightest bit. What if this wolf was dangerous? What if he was apart of a pack? She squinted her eyes around the snow, searching for any wolf hiding. Although he could be hiding, if he was far away enough, she wouldn't be able to see him.

"There's another wolf out here. What do we do?" Krypton asked, looking towards the large male next to the injured she-wolf. Her ears fell back in anxiety, but she shoved the idea into the back of her head. Three wolves- I mean two, are stronger together than one. Maybe this lone will just be passing through... Turning her attention back to the injured wolf, the burly female sat down on her haunches, feeling useless now since she doesn't know what else to do.
90 Posts
Ooc — Java
Lots of scrapes/bruises, broken ribs on both sides (one might be stabbing at a kidney), v bad concussion.

The wolves collectively pushed a pile of strange greenery in her direction. Eigma's new prismatic view served to multiply all that she saw. The four wolves in one - they gave her some strange plants, and the pile overwhelmed her vision for a time. But the calm voice gave another command, so she tentatively began to munch, as instructed. The taste was unremarkable; however, she recognized it as a common plant, one her own mother had used to soothe her wounds before. To find such a bounty in winter -- but it wasn't really a bounty, she was just disoriented.
7 Posts
Ooc — TearOfTheWolf
Snow debated his choices. Stand up and help, or leave?  Finely he decided to stand. He heaved himself up, and padded over. At 134 pounds, he was fairly large. Snow shook some snow off his fur, and gave the situation a look over. He didn't like how the female looked. He pinned his ears slightly. Poor she-wolf... he thought. He flicked his tail in concern. He had seen a wolf kind of like this once. But that wolf had been dead and far away from here. He looked at the other two, and felt like he should at least introduce himself. "The she-wolf," he gestured to Enigma, "Seems not to be in any immediate danger, so I'll introduce myself. My name is Snow, what are yours?" He asked. 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the two seemed to look to lasher for guidance -- silver-flecked guard hairs rose instinctively as an unknown male revealed himself to the trio. commonly a circumlocutive, affable beast, taltos showed teeth in a growl of warning "that is not known," he corrected in regards to the muscular wolf's diagnosis of eigma, "and now is not the time to bandy words."

his attention returned to the injured among them -- she was hazy 'round the eyes, and peripheral swelling seemed to have appeared along the barrel of her ribcage. "internal injuries," he muttered to the first she-wolf. "i am loathe to move her but i do not see how she will fare on these slopes."
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The burly female nodded at the male's words, her ears pinned forward at the she-wolf on the ground. "If we can get her on her paws, we will have to support her on both sides to prevent her from falling." Krypton said in a monotone, her tail flicking to the side, not even acknowledging the lone male wolf. Now wasn't the time to speak but to act.

"We can get here up somewhere safer from here if possible. Getting her to stand up will be the main battle. A safe land protected by trees is nearby." Krypton said, trying to offer the best help. Although she didn't know the land too well, she knew where another area that was protected more from the wind with trees and away from the slopes, but close enough.

She looked at the loner names Snow with glassy green and yellow eyes, but returned her attention back to the injured female. She let out a soft whine of sadness, feeling confused and sad about why some wolf would do this to one of their own. Although the she-wolf was unknown, it was the right thing to do to help her at least. She was a wolf, offspring of the same ancestors. Snow, offer help if you want to help. Actions are louder than words my friend...
90 Posts
Ooc — Java
Feel free to skip Eigma, she is pretty useless right now.

The pain eased a little, but it was almost an insubstantial change due to the severity of her injuries. She was so broken, and it frightened her. Eigma couldn't remember being this afraid before; she let out a small noise, like a weak whine, a desperate attempt to convey her emotions, but the sound peaked oddly and faded too quick. Her teeth set in a grimace behind her lips, jaw tight as pain spread through her again and again. Thoughts shifted from her delusions to the pain, and then she was too overwhelmed to speak - but she did brush her nose against Lasher, seeking comfort and aid from any of the shadows tending to her.
7 Posts
Ooc — TearOfTheWolf
Snow nodded at the male's words. He listened to them, then decided to offer his help. Snow was a kind wolf, and he might as well help. Snow flicked his ear a little. "I would be happy to help." He said. Snow bowed his head in a submissive manner. I might be older then I want, but I still have kick left in me. He growled mentally. He flicked his ear again, waiting for a response.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the second wolfess offered some strong advice, and lasher nodded, lowering his muzzle to nudge eigma gently alongside her muzzy cheek. "come, then," he invited the she-wolf, as he lowered his own shoulder to brace against that of their injured counterpart. "join me. we will take her to that sheltered copse of trees yonder," the druid decided, gesturing in the direction he intended.

the second man spoke, and for a moment, taltos questioned his offer of help. yet eigma would need all aid if she was to survive, and he gave a short nod. "please follow and keep your gaze sharpened to see those who would follow or attack."

with that, lasher began to set off at a slow, arduous pace, eigma leaning heavily between her helpmates.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
The burly female saw how the male nodded at her advice, she felt pleased that she was being of assistance. Lowering her body next to the injured female's, Krypton followed the male and slowly lifted her up as well, supporting half of her weight while the male did the same to even it out.

Walking at a slow pace to make sure the wolfess does not collapse, the female made sure to keep an eye where the injured's paws placed themselves. She loathed the idea of her slipping and hurting herself even more.

"Up North. A few paces and we shall meet the edge of the covered area." She said, taking a glance at the larger male with brown fur, much darker than hers.

She turned her neck around to face the other male following behind, hopefully watching out for any dangers that could arise and stop their process of saving the female from any more danger and pain.

"Hold on my friend, you'll be safe soon." She thought, keeping her strides short to make sure the female walked at a comfortable pace. She let out a inaudible sigh and let out a silent prayer. S'il vous plaît Dieu la protège et qu'elle soit d'accord.
90 Posts
Ooc — Java
Each step hurt, as if her limbs were match sticks and to walk meant to ignite them; but she was firmly placed between two wolves, and they  led her safely away from her resting place. Eigma's head was low, as if it took great effort to stay vigilant - and it did, somewhat. She occasionally lifted her head and watched the strangers who aided her with sidelong glances, but this too became a difficult task. She would simply have to trust that they were here to help. Thoughts of her sister gradually slipped away as Eigma came back to the present, and it came as a surprise when she watched the darker of the wolves, as she suddenly recognized him. "Eggs." The name that the stranger woman had called Lasher - this was him. Far from the seaside nests though. How strange.
7 Posts
Ooc — TearOfTheWolf
Snow nodded. He padded behind, but often looked behind. He had his ears perked for any noise. Snow tried to keep his paw steps soft, but his quite cursing of his cramps and age disrupted any attempt a silence.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"yes, eggs," lasher murmured to eigma, briefly and grimly amused by this connection she had made in her addled state. she was half-dragged, half-stumbled to their destination between himself and the other woman -- the aged male brought up their flank, and lasher felt gratitude burning in his heart for each one of them in turn.

when they had come to the sheltered place, he helped to lie her down upon the loam. "my mate is upon the shore, but it is a fair walk from her, and she is pregnant -- i am not sure that she would be able to join us here, but her herbs may be needed."

"there is room there, at donnelaith, for all of you," taltos added, looking to each of his companions in turn, before his attention settled upon eigma. "blink if you are able to hear my voice."