Moonspear About A Boy
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Joining 
"Oof!" Mees tripped, not once, twice but a third time today. He wasn't the most graceful wolf ever known to roam the earth. It happened all too often when he was lost into his own thoughts, wandering around the endless lane of memories. Except that unlike most wolves the history of his memories did not start at his birth, the precious thoughts of his childhood weren't fading away, they simply weren't there. He remembered last summer when he tried to jump off a cliff while trying to chase a 'chupawupa' (if they existed) and he also remembered standing face-to-face with an angry bear. A confrontation that he survived, luckily, for once. But all those were memories of the past few months. Beyond that it's a black book. 

With a freezing-cold wet nose, his raven coat filled with mud-covered snow and a lot of curses in between he now waited at the borders of a would-be, could-be pack. He was to most and to many a lone wanderer, a mere straggler. Still the young boy whose youth was slowly fading away with the dawn of time had every intention, every hope, of writing his own story and making his own name and fame out there, somewhere. He set up his cheesy toothbrush smile when he stood up although he forgot to clean his raven coat. He wagged his tail but there was nobody there yet. He was fierce and hopeful about his chances of joining a pack, however it wasn't the first time high expectations had left him behind heart-broken and disappointed.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
still at work so this is kinda quick! but hii!!!
She took her time treading over the borderlands with a low nose and ears pricked up tall -- thoroughness was her main intention. All seemed normal, she smelled no bear activity, and was on the edge of writing this patrol off as entirely uneventful until another curve of the path brought him into her sights. She zeroed in, intent.

Her approach was silent but her purpose was made clear in her posture. She was poised, almost elegantly at ease here over this mountainous terrain, and proud to call these guarded boundaries her own. Him being here at all made it her business.. and the fact that he sparked a vague sense of familiarity had her all the more curious. But, she had encountered so many wolves in passing over her many moons, it was hard to not draw similarities here and there..

Nevertheless, from here he smelled of nowhere in particular and had the messy coat of a wandering nomad over a tall frame. She passed no judgements yet, and chuffed him a soft greeting as she neared although her minty stare stayed a bit scrutinizing -- as was habit for wolves on the borders. It was then up to him to respond accordingly and she waited to see what he'd have in store for her.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Hiii :)!

He didn't have to wait long at the borders, his scent was quickly being spread around with the whisk of the wind and it wouldn't be long before he caught another smell. The smell of Amekaze made his cool, charcoal nostrils flare long before she arrived. Not her smell but her sight made his heart flutter in a relentless familiarity. They met, once, as equal neutral wolves many moons ago. Mees expected that it was unlike she remembered him, a mere raven boy; there were already so many of those. But he, he remembered her without a doubt even if his memories of the event were vague. They met. Once.

But times change and so did their roles, she was now a fierce and dedicated Alpha. Her leader role he saw in her every step, her every breath and the enigma that surrounded her queen-like silhouette. “Hey” he wanted to say; “hello” he wanted to add, hoping his face would ring a bell and sparkle that same sort of familiarity. He was entirely caught in the moment for a split-second after they met. It took him every urge not to run up to her, happy and joyful. He wasn't able to control all. For he took a step forward and momentarily noticed her soft silver tree green eyes.

Then, a thousands of a split-second later he cast his eyes downward. They would stare at the centre of the earth for he felt what he did wrong; his sparkle of joy might be seen as a rise for rebellion and his eyes meeting hers as a challenge for leadership. Mees was not one to rebel without a cause. Feeling heavy on his heart, he gulped and quickly added; ”Sorry!” Another two seconds later – as this all happened in the flash of an eye – he was showing the correct body language with submission but respect and his tail (and curious eys) safely tucked away.

”I-I want to join your pack. I can track prey, hunt them down. Provide food.” He muttered, softer than usual, not knowing if he had already thrown away all his chances of joining. Even more quietly later on, he added; ”I want to be an advisor one day. Or maybe a scout. Or an ambassador. Or all of those things.” Before throwing a waterfall at her, he stayed quiet and waited for her judgement.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She watched, as always, and racked her brain while she saw him see her. Somewhere in the depths there was a trace of him.. somewhere a while ago. Before a great many things, before her mountains.. of that she knew at least. He was still a stranger, although not quite entirely. She couldn't place a name to him and it had been a time ago. Times changed. She'd changed in her own ways of course and it could maybe be the same for him as well.

Amekaze couldn't place it exactly, but he seemed to reign himself in not long after. Perhaps he remembered her better? Or she hoped her recollection would catch up. Bits and pieces floated about, some more nondescript than the others and none marked in negativity. But she set them aside for now and decided to favor the present.

She let her own lifted tail sway slowly -- a small peek of I do almost remember you.. letting itself through while he amended with an apology. She nodded, accepting. While a misstep all the same, it was small. A shred a vanity well-hidden did believe that she was a sight to behold that not all could appreciate. An easy summer and an autumn brimming with dedication to her cause of protecting a new establishment had honed her well, and with her wintertime coat filling out more and more by the day, she felt.. well, good.

"Ah, this is Moonspear," she said, tilting her muzzle towards the peak climbing to the clouds overhead. "And I am Amekaze." She doubted she'd ever given him her name. Oftentimes, she did not when meeting a wolf only once on neutral spaces. "We are a more recent claim here, but have done well so far. I do think we do have room for another," she said, although it was narrow. She was not used to a pack so large as this one, but it was a welcome change to have a steady stream of suitable recruits. He was the second this week alone. "Especially for someone of ambitions like your own." This came with a smirk. "Do you have much experience in any of those aspects? Aside from the obvious in hunting." Since she knew he could hunt just by looking at him -- he'd have to, to feed himself. They had no formal advisor and she was interested in the idea, among other things.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Hunting, he explained, was his forte but that wasn't entirely true; it was the one thing that kept him alive. This winter was not particulary harsh but as a lone wolf, he had to triumph the hardships that were thrown at him; being a mere wanderer made it even more challenging. Underneath his long, raven-painted wintery coat was a wolf who was more thin than a pack wolf. Mees had to eat at every opportunity he got, which usually meant picking up the scraps. It was hunt, be hunted or starve to death and end up as a piece of scrap.

Mees made no secret and he did not try to hide his physical condition. When Amekaze showed the slightest hints of familiarity, Mees' golden eyes lit up like little stars in the night sky. ”Do you remember?” He longingly asked as he tilted his head just a few degrees, showing a sign of curiosity that swept through the words like a springbreeze. He would not expect that such a meeting, many moons ago, would become so important this present day. 

”Amekaas.” He whispered, nearly inaudible, while unable to pronnounce the name entirely correct. When the Alpha asked for his resume, he shifted his weight from one paw to the other while thinking momentarily. He could be a scout, having seen and travelled to a lot of places especially since he spend most of his time as a lone wolf. As an advisor, however, that was entirely different story. He had neither the experience of being advisor or experience in life triumphs; or maybe he was just underestimating his own capabilities.

”I've travelled a lot. I could be a scout without a doubt; but as an advisor. Yikes. A challenge; still new on this one. I'm not porfect but I can drat's well try my hardest.” And that's all he could lay on the table, no promises of superheroes saving the day but instead just doing all he could do.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
"A bit.." she answered while narrowing her eyes into a short-lived squint. It had been an abstract meeting and the memories of it were fuzzy, but not unpleasant by any means. Being what felt like so long ago, she had probably written him off as not someone she'd see again. It had only been once, after all, and he was just one of many. But here he was, returned and looking to join her pack, so it was an interesting twist she never would have predicted. "It was a time ago.. and I do not think I ever got your name." Or very much else about him. Their paths had crossed for mere moments in the grand scheme of things and yet, something had deemed it fit to draw them back together.

Ame then nodded. "Just Ame works," she added, quieter, in response to his of her name. The shortened form was probably the thing she preferred to be called the most, anyway, so perhaps it would make it easier for him as her focus skipped readily onto his next answer. Realistic, at least, and that much she would appreciate. His aspirations were lofty but they did still seem grounded in enough sensibility to appeal to her.

Scouts were definitely valued here by her, as were well-traveled wolves. She'd grown to appreciate their independence. While she could say less about an advisor, considering she had none formally, she was willing to let the idea play itself out and feeling more interested in it the more she considered it.

"Have you traveled since we.. last met?" she just had to ask.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
He had forgotten; his past, his childhood friends, his brothers and sisters. Simply put, Mees simply did not remember. But when somebody explained that he was remembered – albeit with one, single encounter only – it was special nonetheless. Special to him. To her the average day of meeting strangers amidst neutral grounds was day-to-day business; to him that one day changed his life. Although he could not imagine it would be like this, it happened. Just an example how life had a surprising twist. But this was a promise for a better time to come.

”Oh, Ame.” Mees said, hesitant while having entirely forgotten to properly introduce himself. His thoughts were rampant and the chaos in his mind made him skip the details and forget proper manners. ”It's Mees. My name, Mees.” Dipping his head in a gentlemen's greeting, he hoped this minor detail of late introductions would bring no harm. Then, to her last question he nodded once more. Travelling, being on the road to nowhere, always going from one place to the other. 

”I certainly have!” He explained in a general statement, then added after a pause; ”Travelling has been my life. The wanderer's life. It's time I settle down now; take it more slowly and..” Maybe the most important reason as to why he slowed down; ”..find not only a pack, but its members family to call my own.” He figured since he didn't have a blood family that he remembered, being part of a pack was the best next thing.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Mees. She decided it fit, despite not knowing what it could mean, so she nodded. "So long as you prove yourself, you are welcome here," she said and swayed her tail. She liked what he said, appreciated his mannerisms in response to her own, and had enough interest in him to keep him in her company. "And of all places, what do you think brought you back to here..?" Her smirk remained and she canted her head curiously. She was biased and did like this mountain quite a bit, so understood its appeal, but why'd it caught his eye when he had surely seen a lot of land and packs? Just because?

She jogged a quick circle around him that concluded with her brushing her shoulder against his, marking him and sizing him up simultaneously, then moved forward deeper onto the mountain. She was eager to see him on the terrain, so hoped he would follow her cue.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Like a vulture she circled around him, checking him out and seeing not only who she was about to accept to her pack, but also what. He felt exposed, uncomfortable and sort of being watched. When she brushed past him, he momentarily froze, unable to understand what she wanted or meant by that gesture until she stepped forward. An invitation. Ah. It took a moment or two before he realized that he was allowed to explore his new home, check it out like he had been checked. That invitation was something he could not refuse and soon thereafter the first steps were set into her direction.

”Do you think I could try, from this day onward, to be an advisor?” Ame never really gave an answer, and he was curious of her opinion of the matter. ”Truthfully, coming back here was born from a hunch, a feeling or sheer luck. There's no deep reason behind it. It just .. happened.” While he slowly began his first steps into Moonspear, he allowed his eyes to feast upon the beautiful scenery. With the possibility of being accepted and having a new family, the place appeared more colorful and magical than before. ”What's the most important things I should know about Moonspear?” Mees honestly inquired as he was keen and curious all at once, hungry to know and learn more.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She didn't like to have to say a whole lot and her gestures were often subtle and quick. He'd catch on in due time since she did believe it was easy enough to learn. She was subtle, but usually direct enough to make it clear. He soon joined her, providing his answers as he did. "I have never had a formal advisor around before. So, let us see what happens.." she replied eventually, smirk withstanding. His natural skill and knack for the duty would make or break it, she guessed, and there was time for that to come to light soon enough. "Well enough." she then answered. Luck was a good enough force for her and she'd look no deeper into it.

Ame was glad he took the initiative with a question. "Alongside me is Charon, the Alpha male." It was a good name to have in mind, at least. Although she trusted his nose would have indicated him of the fellow leader soon enough. From there, she opted to give him a tiny peek into the history of what was now Moonspear. "I led a different mountain pack and he was second at a seaside pack before here not too long ago. There is a variety here, and we are welcoming wintertime strong." Hunting was good, their stocks well-supplied, and borders well-fortified. Aside from some interpersonal tensions, and bears, things were going well. Which.. some of which she ought to mention so to spare him from the surprise she'd had to weather in finding out they shared their mountainside with another great beast. "Most recently, there are bears also upon the mountain so be mindful.. until that is dealt with in full," she said, licking lips when frustration threatened to well. She glanced at him periodically while she kept moving slowly deeper into the forested band of the mountainside -- the best place for any newcomer to start.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Wooohoo, 1000 posts! Congratu-smash-lations!

When she left was abstract in her choice of words, the eagerness inside him grew like a newborn baby. The young, raven-painted male had never considered the possibility of turning into an advisor until now, a passion was born and a new goal was created. Maybe the fact that she remained so vague only fueled his want, no need for more. Ame had not said yes but had not smacked a no into his face either; it was still left into the open.

He stored the name of her co-Alpha inside his mind and put it into a drawer far behind as he figured that they would meet face-to-face soon. As head honco, new meat rarely passed by without at least checking it out once. He was the rookie, the greenbie or new meat. The duo of black-painted wolves entered deeper and deeper into Moonspear territory, the mountain was jagged, savage and felt strangely comforting as well. He immediately felt at home, it was as if it was meant to be. He absorbed her words smoothly and his ears swayed back and forth when she mentioned the past.

It wasn't until she spoke of bears that his eyebrows were raised and curious and surprised all in once he remained stuck at the words 'bears'. He had an encounter or two; but nothing that it disturbed an entire pack. ”What's up with the bears?” Mees inquired, eager to know and learn more. ”I suspect they aren't cute, cuddly and fuzzy around these parts then?”
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
:D! thx
She wondered how long he would need to take to the mountainside. Some adapted better than others. It was not like living on any other terrain but she trusted that it would reveal its benefits to him. To her, it was undoubtedly worth it. This mountain had stolen her favor unexpectedly fast, and she was proud to call it her own. Not only that but her pack was remaining strong with steady new additions to make them even better. She had a lot going well..

Now and then, she'd glance his way just to see how he fared while trying not to steal a lot of his focus. She'd answer a lot about him for herself just observing him. But she did owe him an explanation on the bears and she wanted to make it quick before they managed to cover too much ground. "There were two of them together, at least, and they can be elusive. I suspect.. the fruitful mountainside has lured them before they settle in to hibernate." Her suspicions were grounded in what she'd learned so far but they didn't make it easy. They favored the riverside and the small mountain valleys at least. Soon, they'd probably turn more towards the northern reaches to steal away for the duration of winter's worst. Misty had confronted the one but she could not yet confirm that it had stayed away when chased, so she preferred to err on the cautious side.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Shall we fade this one soon (:?

Mees was more than just surprised that bears had received a special danger tag around these parts, when standing eye-to-eye with these ferocious and majestic creatures, it was a tale of caution. And, indeed, during the winter these bears tended to sleep. To his knowledge and experience bears were feral and agressive with youngsters or while defending their own territory. Since bears tended to be loners, it goggled him that Ame mentioned not one, but two. ”Thanks for the warning.” He said while still trying to find a reason of the bear's behavior; although sometimes, things could not be explained by his thinking alone.

Ame and Mees drifted through the lands, a place that he could now call his home. He saw the landscape slowly change before his own eyes. It felt good, it felt special. Although the farther he went, the closer his heartbeat was to the mountain-side. He felt impressed by one of nature's creations as the huge mountain cast its shadow upon the land while his height and beauty was something tobehold. Safe and forelorn, the mountain would always be there. ”Where do you get the best view?” Mees curiously asked while trying to change the subject to a more light-hearted one.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
yass~
As she had implied, she felt the bears would be taken care of soon. In one way or another, they were all too bothered by it to just leave it alone. With some of the pack having past bad times with bears, she knew it had to get done sooner rather than later before something else bad happened to them. And, now that the bears had already been confronted once before (and the wolves forced to stand down), Ame wondered how the next face-to-face would go..

But, now was not the time. She took a thoughtful beat to gather up an answer for him. There were many good views, so picking just one did not come easily, as suggested by her splayed ears. "Well, in my own opinion, a small plateau up a ways on the northern face. Hard to miss," she smirked and waved her tail. "But.. the view is not bad elsewhere too." The mountain would speak for itself and he would see that soon.

She would answer more questions if he had them, but she would also lapse into a comfortable (to her) silence as she covered ground. He was welcome to follow. Or, part ways when he was ready.
89 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
He believed her immediately when she expressed that the view elsewhere was also worth the climb. However, when Ame spoke of a plateau up north, his eyes already began to climb towards the sky. Up there. Satisfied that his eyes found the plateau so quickly, he smirked. Leathery lips moved into a thankful smile. Still the young boy was eager to part ways, figuring that Ama had more important Alpha-stuff to do instead of just guiding around or he was just the teenager ready to move away from his parent's grasps.

”Thanks, Ame.” He said, slowly, as his eyes began to descend downwards and carefully caressed the silhouette of his Alpha. Dipping his head into a gentle greeting, the young male couldn't wait any longer. He wanted, no needed to see the view and perhaps even, spend the night over there. Allowing Amekaze to embrace the silence, the raven-painted boy moved away into the opposite direction while trying to be a trailblazer until he reached the plateau up north.