The Sentinels On the right track
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
@Lasher maybe?

I assumed Os would tell him she told Blue ^^ if that's wrong feel free to bop me

It was time.  He'd had enough time to hold it to himself, enjoying the wonderful simplicity of a shared secret together.  But he knew Osprey had shared with Blue Willow, and now was the time for him to speak with the one who had become as a brother to him.  Even if he already knew, Dante owed the conversation.  And he wanted to share this.

Seeking out the alpha, he slipped through the massive trees, traveling at a jaunty clip.  He was eager now that he had decided to open the news and sought Lasher avidly, a pleased smile seated firmly on his face as he did so.
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lasher was pleased also, for the day of his infants' birth was drawing nearer, and the pack had settled into an apt routine. the memory of his last visit to the maplewood weighed heavily upon him, but the leader of donnelaith instructed himself to put it aside for now. a wolf-trot carried him from the borders inward -- he had found a copse of strange herbs, and now carried a leaf delicately to the medical den for his mate's inspection.

yet the beaming appearance of dante drew lasher aside -- he had never seen such a sunniness to the fellow's disposition -- and he approached with a wry tilt to his lips. "there are rainbows in your eyes, my friend."
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He had caught him on an errand, likely for Blue Willow, to judge by the leaf carried in his maw. Dante did not wish to waylay him if it was urgent, but when he gave his greeting, there was no tension to his tone. It seemed the task was more pleasure than necessity. Apparently his good cheer was apparent.. he chuckled softly at the strange, but likely apt, description.

"It's only fitting, with the news I have." He responded, deciding not to beat around the bush on it. He did not think that Lasher had been informed now, for surely he would have had a different greeting if so. True to his promise to her, he kept the telling short and sweet, without detail as to how the question arose. "Osprey and I are now mated."
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
was was his way, dante was straightforward with that which had led him to seek out taltos, and the druid gave laugh of delight. "so it has finally happened! i knew that you two were well-met from the beginning -- and now you are bonded. my congratulations," he finished, joy apparent. dante's countenance had changed -- it held a satisfied appearance, his eyes alight with pleasure.

lasher knew not if the pair would pursue the matter of children, and so did not mention such -- he was sure that the silver man was aware that no permission needed to be sought. dante and osprey were pillared, solid creatures, and should their union bring forth children, lasher would be greatly pleased, though it was not demanded of them.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Perhaps if Dante were a more tentative sort, he would have worried the news wouldn't be taken as well. But he saw no reason to expect Lasher to see it unfavorably, and was not disappointed. His satisfaction was mirrored in the Alpha's own congratulations.

He hadn't seen what Lasher apparently did, but he was glad it had turned out this way. He would ride this train as long as the tracks held out. For a month or for years. "Thank you. I am surprised. And nervous. But happy." He admitted, knowing Lasher wouldn't judge the feelings. If any understood, he felt the alpha would.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he understood well the sentiment -- he too had been nervous at the prospect of becoming blue willow's husband, but it had brought such joy into his heart. "you have the wisdom of a grown creature tempered with youth. it is a good mixture." reaching out, he quickly pressed his muzzle against dante's shoulder in an affectionate show. unbidden, his thoughts turned to constantine -- he wondered sorrowfully where his son had traveled off, and if he would see the swarthy twin again.

yet this was a joyous occasion, and he would not let it be tainted by memories ribald with pain. "i wonder if the willow knows. she will be most overjoyed to hear it."
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Lasher had a year or so on him, but Dante knew youth would soon be falling faster and faster behind. He would be four this spring. Solidly centered in adulthood and ready to begin a life of middle-aged pace.

"I'm sure she does," he responded, knowing that Blue would be the first wolf Os told the news. Save probably her brother, if he were still here. He spared a moment's thought to wondering what Peregrine's reaction would be if he heard the news. If it would be favorable, or decidedly less so. He didn't have to worry much about impressing family, but he would be a liar if he said he didn't hope, on some level, Peregrine accepted the news with some happiness. He didn't need two families that despised him, no matter how far away they dwelled.

Speaking of... "I met with Peregrine's daughter, Wildfire, and told her. She said she wished to stop by and meet her aunt, but would mind the borders. Apparently Peregrine spoke of her often." He hoped taking that liberty was alright with the alpha. "It is just... Good to have ties again." Apologetically he smiled, hoping Lasher took no offense. Obviously there were relationships of the same sort here.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
peregrine. lasher quieted the sudden leap of hatred and affection that lunged in his breast at the sound of the name, that damned name! that accursed title! and focused instead on what it was dante had provided as context. "ah, wildfire. now of moonspear," lasher nodded, revealing he knew the little fox-coloured sprite as well. "she is welcome here. our family always is." this included saena, who was now dante's niece by marriage, though she surely would never concede it, nor would dante deem it appropriate to tell her thusly.

"and yes," he agreed thoroughly. "ties are important." it was upon the tip of lasher's tongue to tell his gunmetal companion of the seapriestess, but he thought better of it. different was the bond betwixt the druid and the ocean witch.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Lasher accepted graciously, as was the usual case, to Dante's grateful relief. He hadn't truly been that anxious, but a part of him had wondered if Lasher might prefer their borders closed to all of Peregrine's kin - those who still acknowledged him, that is. But of course the noble alpha was above that sort of petty recourse. It felt ridiculous even considering otherwise now.

"So you have met her?". This was a surprise to him, but Lasher did travel. It wasn't so odd he would have crossed her path. Blue Willow wandered less frequently, but he wondered if she too would have had the pleasure. Had things been different, they and Blue's own pups might have been raised cousins, but perhaps even close as siblings. An odd thought.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"yes, twice. the first time she was with her sister, and gave me a false name, perhaps to veil her origins at the caldera. she carries fox's colours, however. the second time, we met in a small vale, and she had moved from the place of her birth to the moonspear. i did not ask why, however." he wondered what dante's interest in the girl was -- he would not ever suspect anything so imprudent, but rather felt that the gunmetal man wished to redeem himself in the eyes of extended family. 

he too recalled how peregrine's actions had robbed the former plateau of what could have been a lovely and lasting alliance between families. blue willow still held a great deal of hurt in her heart over such -- he added that to the permanent list of the panther's grievances.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He had to laugh as Lasher mentioned a false name, shaking his head mirthfully.  "That seems to be a habit of hers.  She did the same to me, when we first met, though she corrected it after."  He wondered if it was a practice her parents encouraged, maybe in their fear of the enemies they had made of former friends. Dante did not consider himself friend or enemy, but neither Fox nor Peregrine were the type to take chances when it came to those outside their fold.  They would likely have taught their daughter the same.

He didn't elaborate further, though he knew his reasons clearly for wishing to acknowledge his ties with his new niece. Dante didn't think he was aware she had a sister, though it made sense there would be more than one.  He knew he would never actively seek them out, but the chance of a possible meeting excited him as well.  Perhaps the others would be as open as Wildfire.  Or perhaps not.  It really was too bad she'd chosen to settle on the Moonspear.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
wrap up with your next post? <3 they need an updated thread

like his counterpart, lasher felt that the girls had been taught such to protect themselves from the onslaught of enemies surely possessed by the caldera. he could not fault them for their parentage, however. dante did not elaborate on his reasons behind his interest in the firefurred niece, and presently lasher reached to bump his crown against the shoulder of the grey male. "i am going to check upon blue willow," the druid murmured lightly, smiling briefly into his companion's visage before turning to depart for the whelping den.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
They do!!!!
He accepted the dismissal with an acknowledging tilt of his head, fine going his own way.  Perhaps he would see if Osprey had returned to their current sleeping location and grab a nap.  He almost asked Lasher to greet Blue for him, but kept silent, shaking his head after the other male had left at the thought.  He'd go see her soon enough, he was sure.  The entire pack would likely be attentive to the parents as the day grew closer, and even moreso after the pups were born.  The new family would have some space, but would hopefully want for nothing, including company and support.

Sweeping around, he set out on his own course, suddenly eager to check on his own mate and share in her company for a time if she was around and had a moment to spare.