Blackfeather Woods Please don't be gone forever
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
@Cicero perhaps? :3

Burke walked around the border as he realized that Akela's scent wasn't around anymore. Now he thought about it, the alpha male hadn't smelled his friend around the area for along time. Burke felt bad for not checking up on him at all. He blamed being alpha and having his kids. He knew Akela had been on a mission. Maybe a fellow outrider like Cicero would know where he was. Burke decided to howl for the young man to see if he was around. If he was not he would have piece with that. The tank knew that Cicero was often found with Damien or outside of Black Feather.

Burke hoped that Cicero was present, maybe he knew where is other outrider and Beta went. Burke found it rather troubling that he couldn't locate Akela. First Meldresi died, then Potema left and now Akela was gone too!? Why was everyone leaving. He felt rather scared for his pups dying of some decease too. The alpha wasn't quick to be uneasy but having the wolves he was close to vanished from his life was a very serious thing to him.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
It was disappointing that Akela had departed, although Cicero did not think much of it himself. Akela had seemed a free sort of spirit — emphasised alone by the fact he had arrived so long after Burke had. Cicero did not mourn his loss for long; while Akela had been an interesting change, a more intellectually challenging wolf to verbally spar with, it was simply how these things went. He had been a free spirit, and he had left. Cicero thought no more of it.

Ears perked up when the howl came, and Cicero made his way towards Burke. He nosed Burke's chin in respect when he arrived, and without a word awaited instruction or question that would surely follow.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke returned a respectful lick towards the younger wolf. He always had a liking for Cicero even though they didn't away get off on the wrong foot. "Hello Cicero," he greeted. He looked well, so for now he would focus on his problem that Akela had been gone. "Have you heard of Akela? He never returned from his mission. I'm worried he isn't returning to us," he spoke, letting his genuine worry sound in the tone of his voice. He knew he could do that with Cicero. 

"Do you know anything where he went? Or if he even returned? I am afraid something happened to him," Burke spoke towards the odd colored eyed male. Burke looked a bit shaken even. Because he disliked loosing so many wolves at once. He normally didn't care but sticking around here made the wolf care. Funny how a pack with mostly dark wolves made him care.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
It made sense that Burke's request was for something pack-related; though it made Cicero proud that it was something Scout-related. Cicero shook his head, figuring that Burke had thought more of his friend than Cicero had of Akela. It was not that Cicero thought poorly of Akela; it was simply that Cicero did not take him for the sort of wolf to settle and stay forever. "Cicero does not know where he went," he divulged, for Cicero had not had contact with Akela in a bit. Cicero's love for Damien had worsened the relationship between himself and Akela somewhat, even though Cicero still held respect for the former Beta, for who he was as a person, and for his inquisitiveness, even if he did not always make the right assumptions.

"Cicero believes Akela has departed to spread his wings once more. He did not seem the wolf for long emotional good-byes." Cicero smiled wryly at Burke in silent condolences for the loss of a friend. Now all he could do was await the response of his Alpha; he was curious whether it would be in agreement to what Cicero had said, or if perhaps Cicero's words would elicit anger and denial instead.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke sat down by Cicero and listened to his words. Sadly even the other scout didn't know where Akela had gone off to or if he left them for good. Something was off, Akela hadn't said goodbye. Although the last time they departed they didn't say goodbye either, they became separated. Would the same have happened now? Burke wasn't sure. He nodded softly when Cicero spoke once more. "I guess you are right, Cicero," he spoke sadly but did gave Cicero a thankful smile. The alpha knew that he could always go to Cicero if he wanted another perspective on things. "Thank you."

Burke looked down at his paws for moment, needing to process that his good friend was gone. He quickly shook it off. "How are you? I have to admit that I haven't spend much time with you lately. I apologize. My time was taken by other ... forces." With that he meant Meldresi's death, being the only leading figure and having two pups to worry about. Now he did have some time on his hands which he wanted to invest in Cicero.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Burke accepted the facts easier than Cicero had thought he would, causing a smile to fall across Cicero's face. He wondered if it was because of the loss of his mate that it was easier for Burke to accept the loss of others. Or perhaps in his heart, he knew what Cicero knew about his dear friend's flighty fancies; he had just needed to hear it out loud.

Conflicting feelings fell over Cicero as Burke asked him how he was doing. He did not let it show however, shaking his head upon Burke's apology. "Apologies are not needed," he said. "Things have been quiet for Cicero except for Meldresi's death and the recent departures." That was partially a lie, but partially it was true. The shreds he remembered were violent, but Cicero himself had been quiet. A smile came across his face as he decided to focus upon the positive: "But with some good things." For he had never been closer to Damien than he had but recently. Speaking of Damien... Cicero hoped his brother would come around soon. He was a patient wolf, however. He knew that he and Damien were meant for each other, and Damien was just rash, and needed time to process things at times. It would end up alright.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded towards the young man. The alpha wanted to focus on the positive too. He had Kendra and Pietro with him and he had Damien and Cicero still round. They would help him, they were his family. Burke liked to hear that there was at least something positive in Cicero's life. "I can only agree. I have some good things in my life too," he returned to the other. Burke's pale eyes glanced over Cicero's frame. "What are the good things in your life?" 

Burke hoped that maybe Cicero's luck and happiness might cheer him up too. Burke also didn't know how much the young male cared for his new siblings. Cicero did seem to be around but maybe he was also hope to hang out and maybe even mentor the twins. "Have you seen Damien around?," he then wondered casually, because he would need Damien for a few things. Burke's thoughts were all over the place, since he didn't want to think of the wolves that left him.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Burke seemed to be grasping at straws as for what places to look for happiness in. Perhaps it was because he was trying to find it too hard that he did not, Cicero noted to himself, but he did not linger on it. Happiness was such a fluid understanding that Cicero did not even know precisely what it meant; let alone what it meant to him and whether or not he had it. There was yet much to learn about it, but Cicero did know that the harder one fought to find something, the more scarce it often made itself.

As for the good things in Cicero's life, they were not hard to find. Even with Damien's absence from his life since the day that their love had nearly been consummated, he was the number one thing that gave Cicero's life sparkle. "Love. Family. Damien," he said, and perhaps it was the mention of his brother that lead Burke to wonder aloud if Cicero had seen him as of late. Cicero shook his head, then. "No. He has been to himself much." Cicero knew why, of course, but he did not intend to divulge such information to Burke unless prompted to. Some things were better left in the dark.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was slightly surprised to hear the word love from Cicero. Instead of asking about it, Burke let it open for Damien to share who he was loving, and if he found a romantic interest. Burke wasn't going to push these things, though he hoped that Cicero would know that he could always come to Burke or even show his lover to him. Burke wondered if Cicero had a loved one if that loved one would join BFW or maybe tell him who it was if that certain wolf was already in the pack. He was still clueless about Cicero's love for his brother. 

"Speaking of family, would you mind watching Kendra and Pietro some day?," he asked, it would be good to know they were in safe paws. Cicero seemed responsible, and since even Damien managed to babysit them Burke wasn't too worried about Cicero watching them. "Damien has been busy, has he? If you see him tell him to come to me. I have matters to discuss," he spoke, he knew Damien was probably going to like these discussions.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Burke asked about watching Kendra and Pietro, and Cicero nodded. "Cicero already watches them," Cicero divulged, for he often watched Kendra and Pietro from the shadows, though not as often in plain view. He nodded, then, to affirm that he would look after them.

The subject of Damien persisted, and Burke said that he had matters to discuss. Even though Cicero doubted he would be first to see Damien (and if he did, that Damien and he would talk of this specific thing), he nodded. "Matters?" asked Cicero then. Cicero was not a curious beast, but he was when it came to all matters Damien.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded seriously. It gave him a good feeling that the older brother would watch over them, or at least patrol around the den. Burke really worried sometimes because he couldn't be everywhere at once. "Thank you, Cicero,' he spoke. "Kendra is showing interest in her mother's field, or at least... nature. Can I send her to you if she has questions?"

Burke nodded once more when Cicero asked more about his matters. "Well, as we both know Damien is a dominant guy. And I won't live forever. Akela is gone now," he summed up the facts and it was just all to clear that Burke wasn't to groom him for leadership. "Yet, Damien is too arrogant at times. So I am not telling him anything yet about being a leader. He has to prove himself first. Don't you agree?"
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
The question was answered with a nod, even though Cicero did not feel all that confident of his ability to answer questions of naturalistic matter. He was decent enough at healing herbs and knew much of poisons, but he was no Meldresi or Potema, especially when it came to healing. "Cicero is no Meldresi or Potema, but he will do his best to answer any questions," he answered.

It made Cicero feel glad that Burke would entrust in him the reason he wished to speak to Damien. It did not surprise Cicero that he would pick Damien as his Beta; Cicero was biased, perhaps, but knew his brother would do well. Pride welled up in Cicero, like the pride one would have for one's partner achieving something good. It was almost as if part of Cicero would be promoted with his brother's ascension to Beta, too.

"Yes," Cicero agreed. There was an admiring tone in his voice as he spoke next, feeling proud. "Damien is suited to lead and he will do well, but some modesty would look well on Damien." While his pride was admirable, no wolf was an island and a degree of modesty would only help Damien get along better with his pack.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was glad to hear that. He knew Cicero wasn't a healer like Potema and Meldresi was but he was the only one who had the knowledge of plants, herbs and poisons. Burke didn't know that soon Kendra would find her own mentor in that subject. Cicero seemed like a good mentor for now and Burke was pleased that he was willing to do so.

"I can only agree, Cicero. But please don't tell him because I am afraid it will have the opposite effect," he pointed out. If Damien would hear that he would be groomed for leadership his ego would skyrocket even more. "Thank you, Cicero. I will see you around,' he wished the young adult. Still clueless about Cicero's affection for Damien.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Cicero wondered why Burke had asked him in particular, though he did not ask. He was curious if Burke knew of Cicero and Damien's affections; Cicero had told him once, after all, but it had been long ago. Perhaps he had forgotten, or perhaps he had never picked up the heavy purpose behind an adolescent youth's words at the time.

As Burke wished him farewell, Cicero nodded at him. "Travel safe," the young Scout said and he turned round as Burke departed, skulking through the forest on his own.