Blackfeather Woods Say Goodbye everyone
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Sadly, I cannot care for Oli any longer. I am very unstable right now, and some medications aren't doing so good. I will hopefully be back on Wolf eventually. I will make a new character, and come back to Blackfeather. I hope to see you all then. Please use this thread to say goodbye.

Oli took heavy breaths. Vomit surrounded where he laid calmly. Headaches made his vision blurry, and he could no longer stand. He got to this state by not being aware. He refused to talk about his problems, and they just progressively killed him. His mind ate him alive until there was nothing left. The pain in his head made his teeth feel loose. The pain overcame him as he leaned over to vomit. The unmistakable sound of heaving sounded thought the forest. He knew he wasn't the not loved wolf in the pack, but he wanted to hold of his demise as long as he could. He let out a weak howl, sounding the pack. It was full of sadness, and it was easy to pick out something was wrong. He knew no one would cry for him. He knew no one would think of him for long, but he wanted them to know he was dying on his own reasons, another hasn't done this to him, and they shouldn't be alarmed. He wouldn't get what his last wish was, he wanted everyone in the pack to simply nod his way. Tell him he did an ok job. Oli's time was near, and he didn't want help. His mind was filled with voices, and the only way he thought he could escape was death.

Oli had been struggling with severe headaches, vomiting, and loss in muscle strength. Scary moments included fainting, and seizures making him fall asleep. He hoped @Burke come quickly, and alert the rest of the pack. Oli's howl probably didn't get far. Burke could alert the pack, hopefully in enough time. Oli was too far gone, his body was shutting down, blood seeped out from older wounds, even scars. His mouth began to taste metallic, like his own blood. "Hurry please." He choked out.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
I hope everything will be well <3

Luckily for Oli Burke had been close enough to hear Oli's howl. It didn't sound right and Burke instantly sped forward. His paws thundering over the lands as his heavy frame didn't need to be quiet for once. The alpha arrived at quite the scene. His first thought was that one of his members had been poisoned. That might be it. Then he thought about weeping meadow. Would Oli have been there for too long? Didn't he now? Burke was not a medic and rather clueless what was going on. With Meldresi and Potema gone there was a huge gap in their previously strong medical team. Burke howled for @Cicero. Yet, Burke was a counselor and he liked to be a therapist too. He could help Oli perhaps a bit. Burke stepped closer nudging Oli's shoulder with his nose. 

Burke was careful not to step in any vomit or blood. "Oli," he spoke and looked over him. "What happened?" Maybe it was too late already. Maybe they were too late and Cicero couldn't do anything to help one of their members. The large male wanted to help Oli up to his feet but by the looks of it the male was too weak. Wolves were social animals so Burke was at least glad that Oli didn't have to die alone if it would come to that. He tried to go over their pack members, thinking who had some medical background. He could only think of Kendra who liked .. plants. "I called Cicero he might be able to help you. Stay strong, okay? We are not loosing you."
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
I hope everything turns out ok, and we all hope to see you back <3

Mikasi had been on a hot trail of rabbit when he heard a very weak howl. Skidding to a halt, he quickly turn tail and darted towards the scene. As he ran he wondered what could have happened. Was someone sick? Maybe it was an injury? Time would soon tell.

Soon enough, the cinnamon colored wolf had reached the caller, and to his despair, seeing it was Oli. With one paw at a time, he neared closer. Blood and vomit, everywhere. A sad whimper let loose. So desperately he wanted to pull away, yet he could not. This was his friend. His only true friend around. It hadn't been long, but he was still attached to him.

His eyes averted to Burke. The look on his face was full of sadness. He had already seen his own parents die before him, he did not want Oli to do the same. He turned over to Oli, laying low next to his face. There was vomit being pressed against his body, but he did his best to ignore. "Oli," he whispered, "It's gonna be ok buddy. We won't leave 'ya."
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Oh I will be back :) Just let me get some stuff together and get my life set straight

Oli looked up to see Burke. He let out an extremely weak smile, any fool could see he was in pain. "I have been feeling sick recently, and it just got worse. I didn't want you to waste any treatment on me. You have pups Burke, they come before me, I would die eventually. My time has come. I want to hold off long enough to say goodbye." He words were weak, even for saying as much as he did. Oli coughed and blood spurt from his mouth, luckily his turned his head so Burke didn't get bloody. He senses were weak, but he felt another body near him. He turned his head, blood started seeping out of his nose. He smiled at Mikasi, Oli's eyes were clouded, the blue was a grey, his coat wasn't as shiny as it was. Snowflakes began to drop around the three wolves. Hopefully the others got here soon, he wouldn't be able to hold off much longer. "Thank you guys." He said and smiled.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched the sick male and his face fell into a frown. Yes, they had been pointing out that Oli should have done much more work that time at the borders but if he would have told Burke about his sickness then he would have been much more mellow. The alpha looked slightly worried. "It is okay, Oli. Never say that you are less, you were a good help," he spoke to soothe him. He wasn't going to say negative things on his deathbed. "You can go, you die amongst friends and will be buried like one," he assured, helping the male go through his final stages. 

Mikasi had arrived in the meanwhile Burke had greeted him with a grave nod. This wasn't going well. And even though Mikasi said they were not going to loose Oli, Burke felt like he wasn't going to make it. It showed that Oli and Mikasi were integrating in the pack making friendships. It was sad to see one die out like this.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
He couldn't bring himself to except the truth. Except that Oli was going to die. There had to be a way, he thought. Wasn't there any way to save him. His dark coated friend was too young, much so. There was a whole life ahead of him. Mikasi didn't want to see someone he cared for die. Not again.

"You can't die, not now," he replied. Despite his words however, deep down he knew that there was no way of recovering. If only he had told someone before, this didn't have to happen. Mikasi pressed his face on the other's.
The voice in my head is trying to kill me.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Don't stress out too much about coming back! We will be here when you come back!

Cyn was there late. She stood back from everyone else. Her heart pained to see Oli like this, but the voice in her head growled at him.Cyn shook her head and felt a tear roll from her eye. Don't cry now Cyn. It's just death. She tried to comfort herself. She stepped forward to stand by everyone else."I'm sorry." She didn't know what she was apologizing about, but bowed her head to Oli. She looked over at Mikasi and then Burke. Sadness touched her caramel eyes. She felt like letting out a sad howl to show how she felt and to announce the last dying moments of the wolf on the ground. She closed her eyes and let out a whimper while facing Oli again.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
As an estranged howl surfaced throughout the forest, her ears twitched furiously. It was broken, or breaking, haunting and dejected. It reminded her horribly of the howl that sounded at Meldresi's rest, shocking her to the core. What was happening? Thoughts raced through her head at lightning speed as her feet traveled at close comparision to meet the call. Her nose sniffed for the bitter scent of death, yet nothing surmised. Blood and barf soon hit her, heightening her worry. Yet, it only took seconds to realise it was someone she hadn't even met. She had smelt his scent once or twice in the last few days but had not sought verbal connection. It was too late now, the sadist in her revealed. Mikasi and Burke had already arrived at the scene, their scents just reaching above the sour one of vomit and sickness. The wolf lay down, its chest heavily falling. He was dying, it was plain to see. She caught words of departure, and found herself walking slower to the male. 

It pained her to see suffering among those she vowed to protect, and would have offered to end it quickly had Burke not been there. She didn't need anyone to see what she was or what she thought, but she would not allow Oli to bleed out for long, it was inhumane to make him suffer like that. But she would not say anything like that now, for Mikasi was obviously starting to grieve the inevitable loss. On her own, she found herself needing something, someone to be there with her as yet another soul left Blackfeather woods forever. Where was Kove? She found herself scanning the surrounding forest for a glimpse of the Inuit male. With no sighting, her eyes flickered back to Oli. All the torment made her question what she was doing wrong that made so many leave. She should have sought out the male and welcomed him to the dark woods, she should have known he was sick or - or something. It was something that could have been prevented and yet it still happened. 

While truthfully Oli never connected with her and she would not grieve him like she did Meldresi, the weight of death close to home struck her deeply. By now, her presence was clear and hopefully reassuring to the male in the time of his death. Nodding her head in the direction to Burke was her only greeting to the other's. It wasn't about them, it was about a soul she had, and maybe they had, taken for granted. In the end, they all did. She would never look over anyone again nor forsake what she had. She just couldn't. Her eyes still held the same coldness to them, yet inside told a very different story unreadable to others.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
I feel you!
I wish you the best, Lauren <3

It was faint, but the sound of Oli's howl went far enough for Damien to hear it too. They hadn't had a chance to interact a lot, or even get to know each other well enough for Damien to consider the male anything more than just another pack-mate, but that was enough for him to worry.

Damien came as quickly as his legs could carry him, he didn't know how bad the situation was, but he knew that time was a factor. There was a lot of pain in Oli' call, and as soon as he arrived, Damien realized just how badly he was suffering. The scene was grotesque, to put it bluntly, but it didn't cause a reaction on Damien even though he had a record of being qualmish. Damien was visibly saddened by the situation, but he tried his best to look sympathetic towards Oli. Damien couldn't imagine the pain he was suffering, and did his best not to disturb him as he took his last few breaths among his closest friends like Mikasi seemed to be. Damien only wanted to be there for the male now, knowing that there wasn't much time left for him.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
22 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
WF cameo ^w^

Although almost blind, the old bat had effective ways to stay updated on the matters of the wolves of Blackfeather; and this time he had a good reason to pry on the most recent event in the forest.

A wolf was dying, which meant the soil was just about to be marked with blood again. What a wonderful day for a necromancer.

Azazel listened with caution as the events unfolded while hanging silently from a strategically chosen branch just a few meters above the dying wolf. He had to confirm the death and mark the exact location in case they moved the body, but no matter what happened now, Azazel could benefit from it.
[Image: 67Iuw1U.gif]
37 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
As some familiar faces gathered around, it brought back some old memories. Damien was there when he joined Blackfeather. He had seen both Cyn and Nemesis around, but never formally introduced himself, which pained him. He saw Burke, who probably never really like Oli, but Oli was so glad they crossed paths. This pack was his saving grace, he loved every waking moment her spent here. The last face he saw, just before his vision started to fade, was Mikasi. "Good luck to you all." He said in a husky voice. "Especially you, brother." Oli directed to his loving coyote colored brother. His hearing and vision slowly went out together, and he took his last breath. His body collapsed, there was no more Oli. They say when you die, you see fond memories. Oli only saw the ones he loved, and the one that shined the brightest was his best friend. Though not the most popular, Oli hoped this would bring the pack closer together. Meet your neighbors, if you don't, you might regret it. Oli's unmoving body lay there, leaning against his friend. Mikasi seemed to be the one who was truly moved by his death. Oli's death didn't have to be a bad thing, it was a way to make room for another. We will all die someday, and sadly, Oli died too young. No pups, no one that loved him, the ones he left behind hurt just as much. Say goodbye everyone.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked grim when Oli let out his final breath. Most pack members thought that Burke didn't like them. But the male wouldn't be so dedicated to his pack if he would despise its members. No, Burke secretly cared a lot. He was just showing another attitude for most of the time. Burke looked at Mikasi who seemed to be Oli's friend. Maybe even more, who knows. "I'm sorry Mikasi," he spoke his condolences to the brown colored male. Burke then howled out, inviting the other's to join. A mournful song to say goodbye to Oli. 

The song slowly faded. Another death. Burke worried that there might be some decease going around. Yet, Meldresi didn't have the same symptoms like Oli had. Burke looked around the group. "Do we burry him? Or let his bones rest at Wolf's skull cave?," he questioned the group. This would be something they would have to decide as a pack.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
He didn't really pay attention to anyone that had arrived. All of his attention was focused on his friend, his only friend, that was dying. He sat up once more, letting his paws rest by Oli as he watched him with pain in his eyes. Don't give up, Oli, he thought to himself. It was all in vain, however.

His last dying words filled him with dread, and it did an emotional blow when he was called 'brother'. "Don't die," he pleaded once more, but it was to late. There was already an empty shell leaned against him. It was no use now. He didn't answer to Burke's words, but instead joined him in a long, lonely death song.

As the howl faded he lowered his body once more, resting his snout on Oli's neck. The male did not look around when Burke spoke. "I think we should bury him, so his body can become a part of the earth. Right where it should be." I was a common ritual back at home to bury the dead. To let him rot away to nothingness would be a waste to him.
The voice in my head is trying to kill me.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn felt the pang in her heart. The voice had even shut up which made her glad because she wanted to mourn. She joined in the song of death and could feel the sorrow laced in the sound. She felt a few tears run down her cheeks. She was getting softer emotionally and wasn't as tough as she wanted to be.

After the song she had stopped. Cyn agreed with Mikasi about putting the body right there. If it was the his old pack's tradition she felt as if it was needed. Her eyes closed and she tried to stop the tears.
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
When the howl sounded, Cicero had been too far to come quick. Not that he was as adept at medicine as Meldresi and Potema had been — far from it. The Scout came to the scene and waited by the frays while he saw everyone that had gathered. He looked at the wolf upon the ground, realising that it was too late to change anything, anyway.

Like a statue, Cicero lingered near the side of the scene, in the shadows, watching the others fuss over their deceased Blackfeather wolf. A nameless, faceless wolf to Cicero, one he did not know, but the fuss around him showed Cicero that he must have been a valuable part of Blackfeather Woods.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Lets wrap this up. Not sure who's turn it is, my apologies for skipping.

Burke nodded shortly at Mikasi. The large male turned to look around and found a nice tree that would be taking the nutrients from Oli's body. Burke started digging and invited the others to help him. That way they could get Oli quicker to his final resting place. Burke stepped back once the hole in the ground was deep enough. The alpha took the lead as a counselor to take Oli's body and drag it inside the grave. "Anyone who wants to talk about his death can always come see me," he spoke offering his therapist-skills. 

"Lets say our last words. Oil you have been in this pack shortly but you will be missed," Burke spoke. He hadn't known Oli that well since the alpha had been quite busy and the last time he helped he had already been sick and acting strange. Burke stepped back letting the others say goodbye before he would close up the grave and let Oli rest forever in their soil.