Blackfeather Woods We Finally Meet
The voice in my head is trying to kill me.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
@Damien

Cyn hadn't formally met Damien, but had seen him all over the place. She was sure he had finally slowed down from all the rush of everything that had happened. She sent a howl out for him. Her lips moved to a smile. She was finally meeting him. She could feel the joy rush through her.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
It was strange being called by Cyn out of the blue like this, but Damien had no reason to mistrust the female this long after being packmates. He had never met her, she was distant, but he knew her enough to recognize the tone in her howl and put a name to her face.

Some time ago, Damien would probably have ignored the call, not deeming anyone worthy of his time; but he was in a better place now and he was more at peace with his world. He had aspirations now, above from being a dark brother he wanted to become someone the pack could trust to lead, and that involved having an actual relationship with the other wolves.

"Cyn?" called Damien a little confused as he neared the place he thought the female had called to. "Is everything ok?" he asked when he made out her from in the dim light.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
"I know this might be a little late, but I thought we could finally meet even though it's awhile, I thought it couldn't hurt." She smiled a little. Her tail wagged despite how awkward she thought the little greeting was. Her eyes were bright even though it was kinda dark. She hoped this wasn't too bad of a place for both of them to talk.

You are way too happy and it is kinda late to talk about introductions, isn't it? Don't come on too strong you dumbass. The voice hissed at her. Sure, she wasn't the greatest at meeting others, but she could try.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Smiling, Cyn explained that she wanted to get to know Damien even when it had been a while since she joined the pack. Damien had never thought of it, but he really wasn't involved with his packmates at all. He was so involved with himself and his goals that he had never taken a minute to actually get to meet any of the pack members aside from his family, and that was a huge mistake for someone who expected to rule one day. He didn't realize that either, but he felt bad for not having even tried.

"Uh, yeah I guess we never really talked much..." said Damien, awkwardly swaying his tail and looking at Cyn still a little confused. Speaking had never been Damien's biggest strength, and it was worse when he was put under a stressful situation like actually engaging in an actual conversation with someone. But then he thought perhaps he didn't have to chat with her for now... Perhaps they needed another way to know eachother, a way both of them felt comfortable...

"So... You like spars...?" It was terribly awkward, but he asked anyway. There wouldn't be much talking, but certainly a lot of meeting each other through other means.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Damien had asked about spars."I guess they're okay, it is nice sometimes to get rid of stress and sometimes it's just good to get rid of anger. How do you feel about them?" Cyn responded with the truth as to what she thought. He seemed okay so far, so Cyn tried to keep the conversation going. She was happy that she had gotten past the first question.

Cyn felt the awkwardness between the two again. Is this too awkward for him? She wondered to herself and felt her brain trying to process how to break the ice some more.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
It was indeed an awkward situation for Damien, although it seemed to Damien Cyn wasn't quite feeling the same way. She simply replied to Damien's question with ease, making the male feel a little bit more comfortable. They could talk, that was good. But they still needed to break the ice, and Damien had just the perfect technique to do that.

"I love spars." Damien stated, then got up and bowed to a fight position swaying his tail. "C'mon, maybe you could be my training partner."
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn smirked and got into the stance too."I could always use practice." She felt the ice slowly cracking and she was ready for an attack."You go first." She let him go because he was younger and she wanted to see if she could beat him or not. Her tail wagged more. She was excited for some action even though she wasn't the greatest at fighting.

Are we going to take this into a spar thread or what? I haven't sparred/fought before, so I might need a little help.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
We don't need to do rolls for the spar... We can keep it paragraph-based. I think I can walk you through it...
Basically you just write your wolf's actions, but leave whether they're successful open for interpretation. For example "Damien pounced" doesn't mean he actually hit, but it suggests that it was his intention...

Being younger didn't always mean being weaker, and that certainly wasn't Damien's case. He had trained all his life to be an assassin since everyone seemed to expect that from him, and it had resulted pretty well for the boy. He was fit, and his technique was impressive. He had never lost a spar before, but then again he had never found a worthy opponent.

Cyn offered Damien the first move, and he grinned with confidence. This was his field of expertise.

Damien didn't attack outright. He fixed his posture and took one cat-like step forward. And then, suddenly lunged aiming to take grip on Cyn's neck. His fangs wouldn't sink, only grab. This was a friendly spar, after all.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Okay!

Cyn wouldn't let him get her so easily. She jumped to the side and then took another jump at Damien. She didn't mean any harm and tried not to cause too much damage. She went for his underside since she figured it was one of the more unprotected parts of his body. She just had to figure out how to flip him over.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Damien's blow failed as Cyn dodged him with ease. He felt he was getting stiffer with time, but that meant he was building up muscle which was something he wanted. The lack of sparring with actual opponents had made it hard for Damien to realize how much he'd progressed, but if the bulk costed him his agility then he wasn't sure he wanted it.

While Cyn attempted to get a grip on Damien's underside she had lowered the guard on her flank, giving a chance for Damien to tackle her down with all his weight. He wasn't considering the aggressiveness of his actions, but since he probably out-weighted Cyn it would have been an easy push for him and an ugly landing for her.
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Cyn fell to the ground with a thud. Her back ached and pain shot throughout her."Good job." She groaned lightly. Her backs aching turned into a low burning pain. It was uncomfortable and she felt it slowly getting worse. Maybe she would find someone to get rid of it with some plants or maybe just sleep it off. She could feel the weight of Damien on her which only made her feel a little worse. Cyn could feel the voice and his anger.Fight back. He isn't acting like himself. Fight. Cyn felt a small adrenaline rush and she slid herself out from underneath him just barely making it out. Her head started to pound when she stood up.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
When Damien realized that perhaps he was being a little bit too aggressive it was too late. He had blown Cyn off with his body and she stumble to the ground with a painful thud. And for the first time in his life Damien felt sorry. Yeah, sorry.

"Are you alright?" he asked with a bit of worry staining his usually cocky tone. He had never trained, or even put his skills to practice with anyone other than males bigger than him, and he was starting to think that "Perhaps you're not meant to be my training buddy after all..."
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
"I'm up for any spars, but damn did that hurt. I would love to be your training buddy, but I think you should find someone more suitable to your weight and strength." Cyn gave him a small smile. Her head pounded as she stood and she winced at it. When she winced it set off a chain reaction and immediately her back ached more and she was in lots of pain. She felt bad that he didn't have someone to train with and looked at the ground."You did do a good job so far though. I think it's just that my body might not be too good at fighting someone stronger than I." She gave him the compliment to try and make him feel a little better.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Wanna wrap it up?

Well, that was a great way to get to know somebody. Smooth, ain't it?

Damien awkwardly placed himself near Cyn in case she needed help getting up, and when she stood up he looked down in embarrassment. It did make him feel better when Cyn said he was good at it, but had compliments ever made someone feel bad? It certainly never happened to Damien.

"Yeah... I guess I gotta stick with Burke for now..." he woofed, kind of... Joking? Well, that was a new one for sure, but he was actually starting to feel more comfortable around Cyn... Perhaps he wasn't so bad at being social after all.

"You might want to get some rest..."
188 Posts
Ooc — Wolfie
Sounds good!

Cyn gave him a little smile."Yeah." She agreed with both things he had said. Her tail wagged a little."I think I can find my way back. It was nice to meet you." Cyn started her way towards the woods surrounding the two."Have a nice day Damien." She disappeared into the shadows soon after and headed back to her home in the woods.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Damien never smiled, that was something he had so far reserved only to his brothers and sisters, and it often made him look like a soulless dick. But he actually cared, and he actually felt sorry for hurting Cyn. She said goodbye with a smile, and Damien replied with a courteous nod. He was glad they could finally get to truly interact after so long of being distant acquaintances. Perhaps he should do it more often... So far Cyn was the only wolf outside of her family other than Kove that had gotten to know a little bit of Damien. There were still a few to go.