starting at the end
<small><i><font color='#5FE6B0'>l</font><font color='#60E1B2'>o</font><font color='#61DDB5'>o</font><font color='#62D8B8'>k</font><font color='#63D4BB'> </font><font color='#64CFBE'>h</font><font color='#65CBC1'>o</font><font color='#66C6C4'>m</font><font color='#67C2C7'>e</font><font color='#68BDCA'>w</font><font color='#6AB9CD'>a</font><font color='#6BB5D0'>r</font><font color='#6CB0D3'>d</font><font color='#6DACD6'>,</font><font color='#6EA7D9'> </font><font color='#6FA3DC'>a</font><font color='#709EDF'>n</font><font color='#719AE2'>g</font><font color='#7295E5'>e</font><font color='#7391E8'>l</font></i></small>
19 Posts
Ooc — Katie
Hoping @Akhlut can hop in! :)

That cool February morning found the snowy female near Horizon Ridge’s borders. Not wanting to waste any time, Bambi aimed to familiarize herself with her new home as soon as possible. She believed strongly in the notion that it was the responsibility of every pack wolf to enforce and protect a pack’s borders. Although learning the layout of the territory could be physically exhausting, Bambi knew it would only be beneficial in the long run. She wanted to make her presence known not only within Horizon Ridge, but also to any outsiders who thought it might be a good idea to wander too far into the pack lands.

She walked along the borders at a leisurely pace, pale ears erect atop her wintry crown. Green eyes shone brightly as they swept across the sprawling, hilly terrain, soaking up every bit of information that they could commit to memory. It was a quiet save for the occasionally chirping of a pair of songbirds somewhere within the treetops. A few large clouds rolled languidly across the sky, casting great shadows over the land whenever they crossed paths with the sun. Bambi inhaled deeply as she paused to rest for a moment, leaning her form against a medium-sized boulder whose cold texture sent a shiver running through her body.
table by houkie
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
hope you don't mind me throwing edy in here. i'm gonna try something... different with him to spice things up in his life, haha.

Edy's abrupt promotion to the near-top of the pack's ranks had given him a new burst of confidence. While before he stooped low, trying to hide his size, he now allowed himself to stand erect, ears pointing decidedly forward and his tail often curling over his back. Of course, he still knew his place beneath Akhlut and Pied, but he was not willing to give up his rank to any other. And if he had it his way, he would soon be using this same stance around Pied. Not that he had anything against her, of course. He just yearned for it so. Besides, he felt his age should somehow have some weight when it came to who was on top. He had languished at the bottom for so long back home, and he would languish no more.

As the pale woman strode one way, Kennedy was going the other. They grew closer and closer until Kennedy set eyes upon her. She was near-pristine white with minty green eyes. The Delta felt something stir within him, and before he knew it, he had lengthened his strides and quickened his pace to meet her sooner. Because they were moving in different directions, he was approaching her head-on. Slowing as he came toward her, he arched his neck and sniffed the air around her. She was definitely of the ridge, although he had not seen her here previously. When he halted, he merely chuffed a warm greeting in her direction.
<small><i><font color='#5FE6B0'>l</font><font color='#60E1B2'>o</font><font color='#61DDB5'>o</font><font color='#62D8B8'>k</font><font color='#63D4BB'> </font><font color='#64CFBE'>h</font><font color='#65CBC1'>o</font><font color='#66C6C4'>m</font><font color='#67C2C7'>e</font><font color='#68BDCA'>w</font><font color='#6AB9CD'>a</font><font color='#6BB5D0'>r</font><font color='#6CB0D3'>d</font><font color='#6DACD6'>,</font><font color='#6EA7D9'> </font><font color='#6FA3DC'>a</font><font color='#709EDF'>n</font><font color='#719AE2'>g</font><font color='#7295E5'>e</font><font color='#7391E8'>l</font></i></small>
19 Posts
Ooc — Katie
Not at all! Thanks for joining! :)

With a swift thrust of her muzzle into the air, Bambi picked up the scent of her pack mate before his large, swarthy figure was drawn into her vision. Her eyes widened somewhat as she studied the male. He was easily one of the largest wolves she’d ever encountered, and his dominant posture only seemed to further emphasize his presence. The Mu’s mint-green gaze swept hastily over his dark features before lowering respectfully, a small smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. It was hard not to feel small in his presence.

His chuffed greeting caused her ears to swivel forward keenly. Observing his somewhat hastened approach, Bambi couldn’t help but feel somewhat intimidated. Her body pressed submissively toward the ground as a friendly bark was expelled from her jowls. Anxious excitement churned within the female as she wondered if the Theta had a purpose for drawing near her, or if he would simply acknowledge her presence before passing by.
table by houkie
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She reacted as she should have, lowering herself to the ground in his presence. Edy was pleased, and he allowed his posture to relax when she woofed in response. He had not posed a threat, so long as she acted appropriately, and she had done just that. But the stirring had not passed like it should have. Instead, it grew stronger the longer he lingered here. Kennedy drew closer to the female he did not know, taking short deep breaths with his nose to drink in her scent. It was only then that he realized what instinctual happening was occurring. He wanted her.

Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of years of evolution had brought him to this conclusion. Every inch of his body knew right then and there that she was a good match (at least biologically). Edy hesitated then, his breathing stopping rather suddenly as he took a step back. He began to speak, but the words got caught in his throat. All he could do was emit an incomprehensible croak. Edy stood awkwardly, gawking with his mouth half-open at the strange girl.
19 Posts
Ooc — Katie
She had no way of reading his thoughts, but as the male’s posture relaxed somewhat, Bambi felt that her display of submission had appeased him. She smiled, her tail swaying gently against her hind legs as she stole a glance at his dark features. He was handsome, and his dark complexion seemed to enhance the greenness of his eyes. His large stature intimidated Bambi still, but she also felt strangely comforted by it. Something about the idea of being towered over by a trustworthy (she hoped) male made her feel safe.

Then, as if he’d been struck by something, he seemed taken aback. Bambi’s brows furrowed somewhat, but her smile persisted. “Cat got your tongue?” she teased lightly, beaming at her pack mate. It seemed as though he had planned on saying something to her, but the words had died before they’d ever had the chance to even form.

table by houkie
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Edy's jaw clicked shut when she spoke, and he blinked as if awakening from some sort of half-dream state. He contemplating just bolting, but he could not seem to do that, either. Shifting his weight from one front paw to the other, he cleared his throat. “No, just...” What was he supposed to say? “You’re totally hot. Let’s have some babies.” That just didn't have the ring to it that he was looking for. No, Kennedy was a gentleman, and he was not about to tarnish that label because of some stupid biological hunger for something other than food.

“You startled me is all,” he replied, playing it off as coolly as possible. Of course, he had been the one to rush up to her, not the other way around, so it did not make perfectly logical sense, but Edy wasn't exactly thinking clearly right now. His mind was far too clouded with other thoughts for logic in that moment.
19 Posts
Ooc — Katie
She startled him? Bambi’s smile intensified. “My apologies,” she laughed softly, her lilting voice spilling enthusiastically into the February air. She considered pointing out the fact that it had been him to draw near her, but the Mu left the idea alone. Part of her wondered why he seemed to be behaving so strangely. Perhaps he had a hard time socializing with strangers. Regardless, Bambi didn’t want to make him feel uncomfortable.

“Are you busy? Perhaps we could patrol together,” suggested the pale female. “I’m Bambi. I’m sort of new to the Ridge.” Green eyes turned expectantly toward the higher-ranked male. She hoped he would accept her offer. Building relationships with her pack mates was one of her top priorities, and she wanted to make the one she was in the presence of then feel comfortable.

table by houkie
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
“That would be lovely,” Edy replied before he had a chance to think of the words he was using. He could not help his immediate attraction to her, and had he been a different kind of wolf, he may have handled the situation much differently. Pausing to make sure she was ready, he began walking along the edge at a slow pace. There was no need for them to be in a hurry, after all.

“I’m Kennedy,” he replied, “I'm a recent transplant as well.” In fact, he had been here almost a whole month. It had not felt like much time at all, though, especially compared to others who had been here for much longer. “What led you astray from your previous home?” he asked, curious to know what brought her to the ridge.
19 Posts
Ooc — Katie
He accepted her invitation without hesitation, eliciting a beam from the pale-furred femme. “Great,” she chimed, tail swaying through the cool air slowly. The duo began their stroll along the borders at a leisurely pace. Bambi’s ears tipped forward and her gaze scoured the land as they went along. As always, she would remain especially vigilant at the Ridge’s outskirts, but she was glad to have company in the meantime.

In response to learning the male’s name, Bambi bobbed her head. She cast him a sidelong glance before answering his question. “The opportunities in my birth pack were very… limited,” she responded, choosing not to delve into the details of her past immediately. If Kennedy probed further, Bambi would readily elaborate. “I stayed in Neverwinter Forest for a short while, but everyone there seemed rather distant. So, here I am.”

She smiled. “Are you enjoying it here so far?” Horizon Ridge seemed like an ideal place to call home. Bambi was rather fond of the scenery and landscape, especially the beach. So far it seemed that her pack mates would be easier to get along with than those she’d had in her previous pack. Still, considering her newness to the Ridge, only time would tell what the pack would actually turn out like. Since Kennedy was fairly new as well, she wondered if his home was to his liking yet.

table by houkie
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Her reason for leaving her birth pack sounded very similar to Edy's, and he did not pry further. Sometimes it was just the right time to move on. Kennedy should have done it long ago, but he'd not the confidence to do so. Now that he was here, rising swiftly through the ranks and getting along with everybody that he met, Edy felt like it was the right choice. He had not been so sure when he had left his former home, but now that he was beginning to settle in, his doubts continued to wash away.

“Yes,” he replied, “I think you will find plenty of opportunity here, if that is what you are seeking.” Although he had not known it directly at the time, that was what he had been seeking all along. Now he yearned to have a family of his own, and he wondered if that was the kind of thing Bambi had been looking for. “What do you hope to accomplish here at the ridge?” he asked, wondering if that could somehow give him some hints as to what kind of life she hoped to lead.
19 Posts
Ooc — Katie
“Opportunity is exactly what I’m looking for,” Bambi responded without missing a beat. It was refreshing to know that the Ridge held promise. The female certainly wasn’t the type to idle around and waste her days. She wanted to accomplish tasks, do things that left a lasting impression on her life and those around her. “I’d like to make a name for myself, rise through the ranks as far as I can, that sort of thing.” She was a woman of ambition; it was in her nature to be.

Of course, prestige wasn’t the only thing Bambi sought after. “Having a family would be nice, too. I’m hopeful that will happen in due time.” As far as love went, she was somewhat a sceptic. Never before had she experienced any sort of profound attraction or connection with another male. Part of her hoped, however, that she would meet someone who she could develop feelings for. It was instinctual to want to reproduce, but a piece of Bambi wanted to do so with someone she loved.

table by houkie
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Edy had little desire to rise much further in the ranks. So long as he was recognized and respected, he would be content. He knew that many wolves longed for a pack of their own, but he was not one of them. But it was her other remark that struck a chord in him. She too wished for family, and it caused another ripple in his chest. Edy figured that most wolves hoped to pass on their genetics to children, but hearing it out loud was still a nice touch.

“I suppose that means we have a lot in common,” he replied, his lips tugging into a smile. If she had asked him about love, he was not sure how he would respond. A part of him wanted to believe in it, but another part knew that such things were hard to come by (if they existed at all). His own parents had been drawn together by instinct, and they had only come to love one another after several years together. This seemed natural to Kennedy, and he had always assumed his own family would grow much the same way, provided he ever had one.

Considering his place in the pack, Edy wondered if he would be allowed children, should the opportunity arise. He barely knew Akhlut, but he had a feeling he was on the leader's good side. Perhaps given the right circumstances, Edy would have a family sooner than he had originally thought possible. It was not like he was getting any younger. He would finish his fifth year this summer.
19 Posts
Ooc — Katie
A gentle breeze picked up and whispered softly over the land, carrying with it the myriad of scents belonging to the Ridge. Bambi lifted her muzzle into the calm wind as it brushed past her. Kennedy’s response caused a subtle feeling of warmth to blossom within her. She, too, felt a smile pulling at the corners of her mouth. “What do you think of love?” she found herself asking after a moment.

It would be interesting to hear someone else’s thoughts on the idea. She wondered what it felt like to fall for someone – the right someone – and to devote a lifetime to them. Bambi hardly considered herself romantic, but then again she had never been in a situation that called for her to be. She wondered if love came naturally to those who were compatible. That was, if it even truly existed.

table by houkie
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
He paused for a pace, taken aback by the question. Perhaps he was a fool for not letting his instincts take him further. “I’m a skeptic,” he replied truthfully. “But I’m sure I could be convinced if the right girl came along.” He gave her a fleeting, smiling glance, curious to see how she would take his response. It had been quite some time since Edy had even attempted to flirt with anybody, and he was not sure he'd even had charm back then.

As he continued to walk beside her at a leisurely pace, he tried to imagine the two of them together. It was not all that difficult to do, but he was quick not to let his mind wander too far away from him. They had only just met, and although he yearned for a family, he would not push those who did not wish to be pushed. His attraction to her at this point was ninety percent instinctual, though he did not consider that a bad thing.
19 Posts
Ooc — Katie
His reply and dashing smile elicited a nervous giggle from the female. Mint-green eyes warmed at his words, but Bambi was quick to remind herself that she had only just met Kennedy. He was handsome and she was indeed attracted to him, but there was no telling what the future held for either of them. She offered the male a bright smile. “Me, too,” was the simple answer she gave.

After a moment, she looked to him again. The borders had proved to be relatively calm that morning, and Bambi saw no reason why her and her new-found friend shouldn’t enjoy themselves. Without warning she nipped playfully at Kennedy’s shoulder, laughing as she sped off ahead of him over the Ridge’s outskirts. They could mark the borders and have fun at the same time, she believed. She never glanced back towards her sooty companion, but she hoped that sooner or later she would be able to sense him chasing her.

table by houkie
117 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
“Into girls, are you?” he jested, although he was aware such oddities existed. They never would have been allowed to reside in his family's pack, but he had heard of them in passing. It made no sense to Edy, considering two girls were unable to reproduce. Then again, he was a man who had been born and raised in with lessons of practicality. Love was not practical unless it just made things easier for raising children.

Out of nowhere, Bambi nipped his shoulder and went speeding off in another direction. Edy knew this game all-too-well, and after a moment of surprise, he grinned and took off after her, ears pinned back and a grin on his face. He barked, excited and feeling rather light and free in that moment.

The two continued this game of cat-and-mouse for some time before Edy finally felt exhausted and settled down for a nap.