Lost Creek Hollow Member?
Epsilon
Hunting threads: 3/5 Caregiver threads: 1/5
218 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Lunar's tiny white paws pounded the earth as she ran,she was on the search for the nearby pack. She had observed their comings and goings recently and they seemed nice enough. She slowed as she neared,the scent of the borders coming closer. She was careful to stop a couple feet away from the border. She could smell males and females, one of each in particular who had marked their territory. 'Must be the alphas',she thought to herself. She remained upright,ears trained on the forest in sign of any hostile members come to chase her away. Sensing no danger, She raised her muzzle to the sky and howled,signaling to the wolves in the area she wasn't hostile and that she was here.
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Lagon had given a brief pause of his running his patrol to glimpse at the overcast sky — seriously it'd been cloudy for days now and if it wasn't going to rain or snow Lagon wished that at the very least the sun would shine. He missed the sun. It was only after giving the overcast sky that stretch above him endless and gray a forlorn look his head lowered down towards the urine markings that defined Lost Creek Hollow's borders, preparing to sniff and assess if that particular stretch needed refreshed or not when the howl went up into the cold winter air. The voice that carried to his perked ears, cupped forth to help him assess the message was distinctly female, and the message implied that she wasn't hostile and, of course, of her presence. Beyond that, however there was no indication to her purpose though Lagon was all too willing to make a general assumption, though he considered that perhaps it was better to reserve it.

After all, he wouldn't know until he approached her if she was a loner or from another pack simply wishing to speak with them ...though he couldn't really fathom what reason any other pack in the Wilds would have to talk to them. Lost Creek Hollow wasn't particularly close to any pack, aside from maybe Phoenix Maplewood and there was a good few days distance between the two of them (if not more). 

As Lagon approached her position she came into view, thought at first it was hard to discern her from the powdery snow that blanketed the earth around them, though two blue eyes and a pink nose caught his attention and aided him at picking out her silhouette that began to actually take the form the closer he drew. The dragon's posture was dominate as he approached, smoky ink colored tail sweeping up in a clear display of power. He might have only been an Epsilon in the pack but he was the highest ranking wolf here, currently, and he was Guardian and thus (for the moment, mind) in charge. His eyes of mahogany red fixed upon her as his steps slowed to a gradual cease, keeping a stoic facade as he assessed her. She was very tiny, even for a female but he did not capitalize upon this. Not yet, at least. First things were first. “Your howl didn't state your purpose. Why are you at our borders?” Lagon's words were not unkind and they invited her to explain, but nevertheless they remained crisp and professional. This was his job ...or it would be when he accomplished in earning the co-rank; but as far as Lagon was concerned he had an image to maintain for in this moment he was the first impression and the first line of defense.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar felt a tiny tingle of fear at the sight of the male,she didn't have very good expierencies with them but she pushed it away not wanting him to smell it. She found herself studying the larger wolf closely,not an alpha but higher rank than she and a member of this pack,respect was due. She didn't have to crouch to make herself seem smaller it was blatantly obvious she was,she lowered her eyes and ears in submission. This wolf fascinated her,she had yet to see such a darkly hued pelt on a wolf nor such odd eyes. The russet wolf she'd encountered had been shock enough. She kept her response short and simple yet respectful,"I would join your pack if I could."
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Lagon's astute demeanor when he greeted wolves at the borders was never anything personal and anyone that knew the dragon could attest to that. He was an amiable individual, but he was a protector by nature and protecting the borders and essentially the entire pack was not something that he took lightly, thus he naturally took to a more intimidating approach. He was like a teddy bear acting the part of a polar bear, more or less, except with the potential to become the polar bear if he felt at all like he or the pack was being threatened. 

The submission and body language of respect that she showed appeased the dragon but he did not allow it to show externally. His stance did not relax because he knew better than to let his guard down simply because she showed submission now. Besides, it wasn't like he was really giving her much of a choice; to fail to show him the respect as the one in charge she would only be hurting herself. While he did not make the final decision he might have some pull with her (or any lone wolf he intercepted really) chances, and if he thought it was a bad idea letting a wolf into their fold he would have no qualms expressing such to Mordecai, Harlyn or Luke.

She answered his question simply, confirming what he'd assumed in the first place though she offered nothing further, as Siku had weeks ago. He'd jumped right into it with vigor, rattling off his skills without much, or any really, prompt from Lagon. Lagon wasn't dejected, though. This was the job he was going for, after all. Asking the important and sometimes hard questions to get a feel for the loner seeking sanctuary within their borders and to become apart of the Hollow family. He gave a nod of acknowledgment to confirm that he'd heard that she was looking to join the pack. “I'm Lagon and this is Lost Creek Hollow,” He offered an introduction and lifted his muzzle slightly in an absent gesture. “What skills do you have? What can you offer the Hollow?”
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar pondered his question as she thought about her abilities. She was particularly fast due to her small stature,able to weave easily among trees or stampeding prey. She was average when it came to strength,life as an omega had made her muscular but even she had limitations. She knew some healing but not enough to list it as a skill,rudimetary healing. She was good with pups but she wasn't sure if this pack had any. "I'm fast,I was the fastest hunter in my old pack. I'm a good pup watcher but I don't know if you have any of those,"she told him honestly.
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Lagon offered a nod of his head when she mentioned that she was the fastest hunter of her old pack; while Lost Creek Hollow had hunters he didn't thinking having another could be considered a bad thing. Yet he remembered Mordecai's words to Siku: that they had plenty of scouts, hunters and guardians. Smoky black ears cupped forth in contemplation when she offered that she was a good pup sitter, as well. It was also one of his aspirations but due to the lack of little ones scurrying around the pack at the current moment not strictly his priority. Not yet, anyway, though he was committed to earning the mercenary trade first. “No,” He didn't want to add a “not yet” to that statement, not wanting to give away that Harlyn was (heavily) pregnant. It wasn't information he felt comfortable sharing with strangers, regardless of if they had nothing but good intentions or not; nor even if they would eventually be accepted. If she was accepted then she would find out. “but I don't think having a few pupsitters on hand is a bad thing,” He contemplated out loud, before he asked, “Are you willing to maybe learn other skills?” It hadn't been asked of him, and he doubt anyone would force her to switch her trades, but Lagon was trying to learn how to Scout and not get horribly lost even though he didn't intend to take the up the trade; he didn't see the harm in trying to learn other things even if to have a basic knowledge. After a few moments Lagon clarified, "Not saying you can't be a Hunter or Pupsitter but a willingness to learn other things might win you some points of favor."

“What made you decide to approach our borders?” He inquired, though this was mostly out of his own curiosity. 
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar thought about it,she would be happy to become anything else, she had always had a thirst for knowledge. As an omega there was no place allowed for her to learn new skills. She had always been interested in healing arts and religion but she was denied teaching. Someone her size would not likely be taught to be a border patrol or a scout either. "I'm interested in lots of things,healing mostly but I've never had a chance to learn. I came here because I was looking for a new pack." She wondered if she should mention being turned down by Porcupine Ridge but it didn't seem very important. I don't think I should tell him about Alpha Remus, she shuddered at the thought of her natal pack. It's in Alaska anyhow. "It's hard being alone,and I always wanted a sort of place to belong," she told him wondering if she was being a tad too honest.
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
The female — whose name he still hadn't gotten — spoke that she had an interest in healing and confessed that she'd never had an opportunity to learn. Lagon's brows furrowed ever so slightly, at that. It didn't seem right to him — anyone should have been presented with every chance to learn what interested them. Even Ronin, tyrannical and horrible as to the dragon as he'd been had taught him fight by sparring because Sveinx had been too old to and Seoul had feared her lover would be hurt. Not necessarily by Lagon himself but more of an accident. “I see,” Lagon drew in a thoughtful breath for a moment before he spoke once more, “well if you get accepted I don't forsee there being any restrictions on learning the medic trade, if that's what you wish to do, although I don't think we have any medics currently.” Which might mean she would have to outsource her lessons but even so it would probably be a good thing to have a medic.

Lagon didn't comment when she chose to express that she'd always wanted to belong but he understood how traveling alone could make one feel lonely. As a social butterfly by nature he'd felt quite lonely before he found the Hollow, especially because Scatha had chosen to stay in Naga Veil Forest with Sveinx and Seoul (no matter how hard Lagon had selfishly begged his sister to go with him). “I didn't catch your name, by the way,” Lagon pressed, figuring that it would be better if he had a name to introduce her as to which ever leader appeared. “but I'll go ahead and call for one of the Hollow's leaders. They will be able to make the final decision and maybe ask you any question I might have missed.” Lagon spoke, preparing her before he sent up a howl calling for @Mordecai or @Harlyn knowing that while the latter was heavily pregnant that Luke was out of commission for the moment (or rather Lagon didn't want to bother his healing) and it was likely going to be one of the alpha's that answered his call.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
sorry in advance if this is jumbled up — literally just woke up about 10 mins ago and incidentally was just summoned to be at work at a different time. @__@ can't catch a break ever i swear!

Lagon's voice had drifted into whatever state of rest he had delved into, though it was mostly on account of the fact that Harlyn had probably talked him into it to begin with. He wasn't much for naps at any rate, but with the cold really beginning to bear down through the depths of the mid-winter, even he had to admit it was hard to venture out.

But it was he who ultimately made the decision to venture out, if only for the sake that he didn't want her to be making the trip to the borders. Her time was nearing and that much he could gauge on his own, if only for all the nesting and complaining and so on that had been done. He didn't envy the position she found herself in, not entirely certain whether all things were right and at times, deciding that everything was terrible and wrong. His worries ran along the same vein, though he had been less vocal about them.

And as he cut across the territory towards the borders, he realized that it was the temperatures that bothered him so much. It seemed too cold to bear a litter, not that their den had been lacking in warmth. Yet it was a little too late to be taking things back; those puppies were definitely going to come into existence all the way before too long. And it stirred up many emotions for him. But all of that was set aside as he came upon the duo along their borders, and the assumption rode in with him why he was there. Lagon must have found another wanting to join them. His posture shifted as he closed in, only coming up to a stop with his would-be guardian on his good side.

"What's going on?"
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar could smell the male coming before he came into view,when he did she saw that he was a pale brownish color and very large,at least compared to her he was. She was trembling now,talking to Lagon was one thing,an alpha male was another. She had relaxed while talking to Lagon but now her ears went back down again as her eyes fell to the snow in front of her. She turned her neck towards the Alpha in submission as he approached. "I'm Lunar,most call me Luna though. I was hoping to join your pack,"she told him quietly. 'Maybe i shouldn't have spoken,maybe Lagon should have spoken to him. Will he take offense of me talking to him?' She was afraid that he would lash out at her and she tenses,bracing for it.
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
aw, i'm sorry *pets ku* :c

As Mordecai approached, Lagon backed off, lowering his posture in accordance to his rank when in the presence of the alpha male. He took a step back as Mordecai drew to his side, ensuring that it was known that Mordecai was the true power here, though Lagon stayed by the alpha's side choosing to hang back by the alpha's shoulder instead. It worked as an acknowledgment but also as a confirmation that Lagon had Mordecai's back, though he didn't particularly view the girl as a threat. Her words had not come across to him as anything other than genuine and he was presented with no reason not to believe her. The girl — Lunar she introduced herself as — spoke up, giving her name and offering Mordecai her purpose for being at their borders. 

When she finished Lagon metaphorically stepped in and offered, “She claims she was the fastest hunter in her previous pack,” Lagon gave a short pause here before he offered, “she also spoke that she's good with pups, and that she has an interest in medicines and that she'd like to learn about the medic trade.” Hunters, Scouts and Guardians seemed to be the trades that most wolves went for (really, he wasn't one to talk in that vein, ahem) but medics were plenty useful and he thought that her desire to learn was a good trait. Lagon fell silent then, having given Mordecai the briefing of what he'd been able to learn before the alpha's arrival at Lagon's summons.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
And as it would seem, Ancalagon had cut out the work for him once again. He approached the report with indifference, his solitary gaze then holding over the quivering submission of the pale wolf before them. At least this one had submission going for them, though he found the present fear to be a curious one at that. He had his share of those who had tucked low to the ground and made their little gestures to appease him, but the recent finds along their borders had turned up wolves with minute confidence lacking. Perhaps it was mere attribution to the throes of winter, or maybe it was more simple and left to the fact that his own outward appearance was less than friendly.

Still, they were always in need of hunters, though he had wished they had another who was more founded in their skill of healing. He had yet to see if Ilya had gleaned anything at all from Harlyn or on her own, and his memory whether or not any other had bothered to learn the skill was faulty at best. Then again, winter was hardly a season to invest in such a skill and he only imagined that their stocks would run thin if any more of them had faced hardship.

"Is that all?" he said, somehow refraining from carrying an uncertain edge to his voice. But the question was rhetorical and he did not wait for a reply as he rounded in again on Lunar. "You understand you would be required to contribute, yes? Right now we're not interested in offering a temporary reprieve from winter." Not with his co-leader so close to whelping and their beta healing; in that moment it all fell to him. Her loyalty would be her ticket in, but whether or not it would have remained valid was only another story.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
This alpha did not seem to like her very much,maybe he thought she would be lazy. Or that perhaps she was here to use their resources and then be on her way. None of it was her intent,she was loyal as long as you earned it. 'I don't think they have omegas here. I don't think any here will hurt me,'she thought. The alpha seemed nice enough if stern, he was worried about someone she could tell. Perhaps someone was hurt. She wasn't worried about contributing, she had never had a lazy day in her life. It was the dead of winter but that didn't necessarily mean there was nothing to eat. She would sacrifice her own food if that meant staying. She raised her head,looking into the Alpha's eye to show she was sincere,"I'm not a slacker,I will help any way I can."
my rap is a harpoon
51 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Lagon was not inherently sure if Mordecai's rhetorical question was directed at him nor if it carried any sort of disapproval, or if he hadn't done his job thoroughly enough. Lagon didn't claim to know Mordecai well enough to be able to pinpoint that without being told directly and as Lagon tried to go over in his head what he'd asked her previous to Mordecai's arrival and if he'd missed anything directly vital — while also trying to discern if Mordecai was disappointed in the job he did (or disapproved of it, it was the same thing to Lagon) his attention fizzled from the situation a bit as he slightly sort of ...deflated, busy trying to puzzle out what everything meant while Mordecai addressed the girl and she responded in turn.

Except Lagon was an ok at multitasking and was still partially paying attention despite trying to puzzle out what he'd done wrong (because he was running with his assumption that he'd done something wrong; that was the general assumption he made automatically) he happened to refocus back in on the words she was saying just as he saw her eyes rise to Mordecai's face. Lagon made a face (if he had hands he might have literally face-palmed himself). Her words were sincere and Lagon wasn't sure but he thought she was trying to prove her sincerity when she spoke to Mordecai but looking him in the eye didn't strike Lagon as the way to do it. In response, the Guardian wannabe flattened his ears against his crown, the muscles in his shoulders pulling taunt as he prepared himself for what he expected to come.

In Lagon's experience you didn't look an alpha in the eyes. Ever. It was usually taken as a direct challenge to their authority.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
sorry that mordecai's a bit of a jerkface; you're welcome to apply to the lone wolf usergroup and try for another pack though!

Lagon was right to brace himself, if only for the fact that as a few beats of silence drew out between them all, Mordecai was debating his own response. He did not appreciate the lifted gaze, no matter how sincere it was played out to be. Given that they already had their share of wolves who had a lot to learn about how things worked in their ranks, both past and present, he found distaste for taking in another who distinctly went against the grain. Instinctively, his scarred lip raised with a twitch but his silence held out for a beat longer as he until he found words coming forth.

"I don't have room for someone of your likes," he stated tersely, "you'd be better off finding someone else to house you through the winter." Whether or not she was capable of what she claimed was no matter to him; they did not have the time to train wayfarers, let alone entertain them at their doorstep. His solitary gaze lingered for a moment more before he turned it on Lagon, though the gesture he moved to make was one for the yearling to come along with him. He was done with the meet and greet and urged his younger companion to do the same.
Epsilon
218 Posts
Ooc —
Lunar's ears flattened in confusion,why was he so cold all of sudden? Not that the alpha had been too warm to begin with but now he seemed almost offended. 'Well at least he didn't attack you like the last pack.' What had she said wrong,did he think she was lying? She looked to Lagon for a hint of what had gone wrong but nothing seemed to give it away to her. 'Maybe it's your size,Alpha Remus always said no one wanted a runt for a hunter.' Perhaps it was because she looked at him, but that was even more perplexing. Where she came from it was seen as dishonest maybe even conniving not to look at someone when you wanted to show you were being truthful,regardless of rank.  This was the second time her traditions had gotten her thrown out. She sagged in defeat as the alpha turned and she got to her feet. Whatever reason she wasn't finding a place with them. She loped away from the territory wondering where she could try next.