Moonspear Self-awareness
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
@Thistle Cloud

Dash had left the pack lands for a couple days, deciding he had needed some time to himself. He had taken more than he originally planned, but there were things going through his head he just couldn't get straight. It really didn't seem like he was adjusting to pack life, and yet he was Gamma here. And, yet again, he had been looked over for a promotion by someone lower ranking than he. It didn't make sense to him, and it enveloped his mind to where he could think of nothing else.

He made his way over the borders, the night attempting to hide him, but his black coat against the pure white snow made him stick out easily. Since he refused to go back to his common den, he knew he needed to find a warm spot to sleep for tonight. He had gone back to refusing to stay in the same place two nights in a row so he was harder to find. He just wasn't up for anyone's company. With his mind set on finding a place to sleep, he didn't worry about coming across anyone.
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud had felt the unrest in the air when Floki has ascended the beta position. She could feel the tension and she noticed the absence, of not one, but three wolves her own son, Dash and the dark wolf that she didn't know. IT upset her that so many were upset about her son's new position, but she also found she felt a kinship with those that were upset, because in a way she was too. However, he reasons were more sadness than anything, of loss of what could have been were her husband still here. She sighed and walked among the pack lands hoping to find Dash and speak with him, so far the only wolf she counted a friend on this mountain, stickign to herself more and more.

She smiled when she found his scent and trotted off in that direction. The snow glistened in the moon light and she saw him like a shadow moving about. She gave a gentle chuff and pushed to catch up to him. His strides longer than hers.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Posting from my phone. Sorry in advance for any mistakes I might miss

He stopped, turning towards the sound that alerted him someone was behind him. While he may not have been looking for company, or even wanted it for that matter, Dash would always change his mind when it came to Thistle Cloud. She was the only one he considered a friend in this great big world.

His head lowered, ears folding softly on his head as his tail wagged between his back legs. While the formal hierarchy said Dash was her superior, he'd never act like it, because he simply didn't feel it. She never demanded his submissiveness, but there was something about her that compelled him to give it. It simply could have been respect, knowing what she had been through. Or maybe it was an instinct that willed him to follow her. Whatever it was, Dash had no qualms about giving in to it.

Thistle, he greeted warmly. How are you? he asked. For the moment, his worries were forgotten, his attention on her.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry I have sucked lately dealing with a lot.

Thistle wagged her tail in return and nudged him gently in the shoulder in greeting. Thistle was still getting used to have others hold their tails above hers. It was a strange change, but not a terrible one. It was just one she needed to get used too, though most did not do so. SHe had been an alphess once, adn sometimes she still held herself in such a way.

Hello Dash. She offered him a smile and settled to her haunches immediately, hoping for some conversation. I'm alright listening to the news is all. What about you? How are you? She shifted moving one petite paw in front of her, the rest of her fawn colored coat showing up brightly in the moonlight. She lifted her azure blue gaze to his and waited her tail thumping gently against the ground.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
No worries at all, dear! <3

He was instantly at ease with her smile, his own tail continuing to wag as he returned her nudge of greeting. It was odd and familiar all at once. With many other wolves, Dash wouldn't have let them get so close as to touch him, but knowing Thistle as a friend made it an almost natural greeting. This touch would help open Dash's eyes to the possibility of letting others get close to him.

His head tilted to the side as she explained she was listening to news. What news? he questioned. His ears perked, as if he could hear it for himself. He shrugged when she inquired about himself. I'm just kinda taking things day by day... I have to admit, I find talking to you easy, but with everyone else, I just...freeze, I guess. Like, my mind goes blank, he confessed.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW. 
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had always been a genial wolf, one who got along well with others, would touch others. She had grown away from it after mating, having realized her husband had been a jealous man. She had once upon a time enjoyed physical contact and play. She really needed ot find herself again, having lost it in translation.

The news of Floki among other things. I hope he does well, adn they chose right. I do not know the ranks though so much here. I have not paid attention. Far too lost in my own grief and darkness. But i'm getting better.  She chuckled at his revelation and shook her head. I have always been one others talked too, perhaps i should have gone for counselor instead of the trades I carry.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Last post from me. I'm sorry we couldn't finish this thread properly!

She confessed she didn't pay much attention to the ranks. You seem to fare better doing that than I do worrying too much about mine, he said with a grin, trying to make her feel better. He understood she was going through something difficult, and no one needed to put more pressure on her.

He nodded at her revelation. You would have been a great counselor, he said. Maybe, in a sense, she already was one, even if she technically didn't hold the title.

He chatted with her for a while, and then said his farewells, saying they should meet up again soon. He stood and made his way to the edge of the territory.
Feel free to tag Dash as needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.