The Sentinels My advice?
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
I would like this for Aria's advisor trade, but she's mostly just reporting this to the alphas. (: intended for @Lasher bc Aria feels most comfortable with him but @Blue Willow and @Dante are more than welcome! (: feel free to wait until after we finish our other threads! 

Evening had set and Aria had made her way back home to Donnelaith. She'd traveled decently far the past four days, and was quite hungry by now. She'd found no food on her travel home, and the kill she'd made before that she shared with a member of another pack as a gift offering. Stupid idea, she thought now, but she hoped it would perhaps strengthen the alliance between the two. Perhaps it had, perhaps it was a waste. Either way, she felt a bit like shit. She decided to head towards the caches before she met with Lasher about her encounter, but she scented him nearby. Perhaps he would not mind meeting her at the cache? Was it even worth it to try? The girl did not know. The only thing she was certain of her right now, was that she needed to eat. 

Unable to stand waiting to eat, and wishing to alert Lasher immediately of what she found, she let out a loud howl. Her intention was clear. She was okay and back in the territory, but bared news of their neighboring pack, Saltwinter. She wished to speak with him whenever he could. After calling to him, she let out a loud sigh of relief. He could take his time, she was in no rush, she was only eager to share. And of course eagerness could always wait, patience was a key factor in a pack and she needed to practice it. 

When she arrived to the cache she grabbed only two pieces of meat. One looked like it was only a small portion of a larger kill, hardly but 4 or 5 bites. The other was a small squirrel that she supposed was caught out of desperation; something she could relate to. She practically scarfed down the meat of the larger kill, one she decided to be perhaps a deer, but waited to eat the other piece when Lasher arrived. She felt bad already making him come to her, but the girl was used to a lush life of always being fed. Going without food for four days was extremely uncomfortable. She sat, as patiently as she could, with the squirrel in front of her. She would offer to share it with her Alpha when he arrived, but was quite intent on devouring the entire thing. 

in response to this thread. Aria traveled for about a day, hunted a day, hunted another day, and took a day to travel home, for time reference. (:
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
aria had been gone for some time, and while he understood that she traveled, he worried all the same. his concerns were the same for each member of donnelaith, though he admitted unto himself that these were tempered with his quiet affection for the pale flower, and he spent many patrols tensely listening for her return. his relief was great when at last her voice rose o'ertop the tall boles, and he kissed the tiny sleeping heads of his growing witches, and the muzzle of his dozing mate, and went to greet aria with gently waving plume.

she smelled of the sea, and of saltwinter; his murkwater eyes met her own and he cocked his head with a brief and quizzical look, before his gaze fell to the flesh between her paws. she obviously intended to share, but one glance at the lovely face strained with exhaustion and and hunger, he nodded at the meat. she must eat, and then speak, but only once she had fed herself.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
lasher is my favorite omg <3

The girl was thrilled to see her respected alpha, and dipped her head upon his arrival. She wasn't aware of how she looked, but assumed it must've been a bit worrisome if he allowed her to eat before they spoke. Eat she did, too. Aria chomped down every piece of meat on the bones of that poor limp critter, and she didn't bother to take her time either. While the young beauty was quite set on her feminine appearance, the beastly instinct inside her was fully aware that starving was not part of surviving. She did not allow herself to starve, caring little about how she looked at this given point in time. 

She nosed the largest bone she could find from the creature, tearing it from it's lifeless skeleton and offering it to Lasher as a gift of thanks and respect. She wasn't sure how keen he was on gnawing, but she felt it kept her teeth nice and sharp so she did it often. Whether or not it actually did she didn't know, it was just a tip an elder taught her as a young pup. She raised herself once again to sit, rather than lounge, in his company. She had slowly begun to view him as a sort of father figure, but still would be lying if she claimed she didn't find the older male quite dashing. 

Regardless, she felt she had something interesting she tell him of.

"I apologize for my absence," she woofed, smiling an innocent smile of apologies. "I was only meant to hunt. I followed a small family of deer out of the territory but they moved faster and further than I thought-" she paused, glancing to the bloodied skeleton at her feet and licking her chops silently to attempt to remove the red that stained her muzzle. "-as you can see that didn't turn out so well."

She looked past him for a moment, and then returned her gaze to him, yet not meeting his own as always, and continued. "I managed to catch a small piece of prey to bring home, but encountered a Saltwinter wolf," this was her reason for calling him. She was fine and well (besides the whole food thing) and she only bore news. She wondered secretly what he thought of the pack, as currently her views were muddied. "I offered it to his pack as a gift, I remembered you saying you wished to form healthy ties with the bordering pack," she once again wondered what he was thinking, also slightly hoping he would be impressed with her strong memory. She did he best to remember most of what she was told, and often prided herself on that. 

"I did not receive much information, and the male I spoke to seemed OK... But I'm not sure that this is a pack we would want to get involved with. He mentioned something strange to me. Have you met any of the other members?" she asked, tilting her head to one side. Of course she assumed he had, but perhaps she had visited the wrong pack, Njal did mention another pack looking to form... But she was unsure. She truly only wished to inform him of her discovery and perhaps see what he thought of the pack. She also rather enjoyed his company, but that was merely a preference when it came to who to tell. 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
im very fond of aria!

she set about gorging herself, and he found himself enthralled by the flash of her strong white teeth against the red flesh, the lap of salmon tongue against the firm bow of her mouth. when she had eaten her fill, and lasher was able to tear himself from his own secret glut upon her bowed head and the savage display, he took gratefully the bit of skeleton aria offered, clacking it once against his teeth before setting it down for ravishment at a later time. 

firstly the little dryad apologized, beaming quite winningly with bloodstained lips. "there is nothing to forgive," he murmured gently beneath the curtain of her next words. and then she spoke of saltwinter, and a strange occurrence. lasher straightened; his features cleared from under their charmed veil, and a frown downtipped his mouth. "yes. i am close companions with their leader. what did this man tell you?" 

the druid hoped it was not of danger to donnelaith; he would not have liked to muster his wolves, not in the dead of winter, with babes to protect. and yet he trusted caiaphas, though he knew that the cove was her heart, and she would do whatever she must to protect it.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
The girl perked her ears to hear this. Was Njal unaware of the close connections between their alphas? Perhaps it wasn't too uncommon, as she didn't know it either. But surely, he wouldn't have suggested staying away if he felt that they would be hostile towards them? Perhaps their alpha wasn't so vocal about what to do and what not to do; but that was merely an assumption, and she couldn't be sure. 

She sat quietly, thinking the males comment over and trying to decide whether or not her information was relevant or not. She figured it was at least somewhat important, anyway. So the girl shrugged, chewing her bottom lip in thought(it was a habit she'd picked up long ago). "He simply told me to pass along a message," Aria woofed, clearing her throat before continuing. "He told me to make sure the wolves of Donnelaith stayed away from them and their border," she watched Lasher curious, to see his reaction. "I did not meet the male- Njal, was his name- near his borders, but he implied his pack mates were not so keen on making friends,"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
njal. lasher did not believe he knew this name, nor did he appreciate the connotations behind the man's unfriendly words to his sylph. "i will speak to caiaphas," he intoned gravely, "but in the interim, you must stay away from saltwinter. she herself is a woman of great word and power, but her lot may be unfriendly to outsiders. perhaps he was merely intending to warn you of this. we will heed it." 

to her visage he gave a small frown -- "you did not eat whilst you were away, aria?" the man inquired with some measure of concern. she had fallen into a delicious sort of disarray, and while it became her, her health was more important.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
The girl nodded as he responded, thinking vaguely of what Njal had meant. Lasher was probably right. He was older and wiser and claimed to know the wolfess in a friendly manner; she saw no reason not to trust his judgement. She smiled to him, showing that she understood, dipping her head in a respectful gesture. "I'll steer clear," she woofed, tail thumping against the ground. 

He spoke again, and this time her tail wagging was halted as an odd sternness came about them. He did not seem angry, merely concerned, and while Aria understood this, she felt a bit embarrassed. The snowy wolf did her best to hide this, despite being somewhat caught off guard. "It is winter," she replied quietly, shrugging. "I gnawed plants when I could, but that rabbit was the only thing I managed," she glanced to her feet. She was not angry with herself for sharing the kill, but rather was disappointed that she hadn't caught anything else. Was she so useless she couldn't even manage to track down the family of deer? The meaning of Lasher's words went over her head and the girl inwardly scolded herself. She'd brought quite little information home and absolutely no meat to feed any of the pack.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she seemed ashamed; lasher longed to assure her with an embrace, but the memory of the glen steeled him against such. "you have returned, and with news," he praised gently with a curve of his lips. inviting aria to walk with him, he allowed a comfortable silence to pass before he glanced in her direction. "what do you make of njal's message?" he was interested in hearing her thoughts -- after all, it was she who had heard the saltwinter's wolf, the inflection. perhaps there was a nuance to the message that she had not thought on before.

he hoped she would not remain so harsh within herself -- she had done well in his eyes, and in the way of donnelaith, and if this was her milieu, a co-rank would soon be in order.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria followed, close but without touching. Likewise her thoughts were clouded with unease as she remembered the moment they shared. She coughed a bit, feeling strange and warm. The girl attempted to focus back to the topic at hand. "I thought about it," she said simply, but gave a gentle shrug. She was too young to understand hidden messages, laced in the words of other. To her, his words were simply a warning, and perhaps that's all they were. "I'm not sure he meant anything else of it... He seemed kind enough, maybe he just wanted to pass along a word of advice." 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he nodded. "it seems the same to me." lasher held himself steady, fighting to find the balance betwixt drawing completely away from the girl, and remaining companionable. "did he say anything else?" he wondered to aria, turning his eyes upon her. maybe there was something she was holding back from him, for whatever reason. her cough had not gone unnoticed -- he wondered if she too felt the tension, and if there was any lingering draw toward him.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
She shook her head, attempting to get her mind from the male and back to the subject. It was also, however, a response to his question as well. "Nothing," she replied, letting out a huff of thought, biting at her lip curiously. Had he? Maybe- but despite her best efforts Lasher had completely taken over her thoughts, and she couldn't remember the situation anymore. She gave up. There was no use hurting herself trying to remember, in time she'd be able to forget what they had almost done. 

A part of her wondered, now that she was so engulfed with it, if she had stayed away for so long to escape him. She wasn't afraid of him or hateful towards him, she just needed air, it seemed. Maybe part of her wanted to leave the anxiety ridden thoughts that she felt and follow the deer as far as they took her. Maybe that's why even when she didn't catch them, she stayed to hunt. Or maybe it really was as she had said, she'd simply felt the need to provide, and she failed. Her mind couldn't decide, and her thoughts jumbled as she tried to sort through them. She didn't know if she was overthinking it, so pushed the thought away, not wanting to talk about her trip anymore. 

Instead she bumped him lightly with her shoulder. Perhaps she would tell him about Casmir... Would he care? She couldn't decide. She decided to start easy, asking a simple question that was much easier answered. "How are you?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the tension between them was curious; aria seemed perturbed, unsure of herself. lasher had no concept of what indeed he had awakened in the girl, merely that it was lovely, the shared moment, while she ultimately had decided she wished no more from him. though taltos had never thought himself an entitled beast -- the word of consent was a balm to his ear -- he nevertheless felt the briefest knife of annoyance in his breast as the girl at his side piped with with the emptiness of conversation fillers. yet no sign of this showed upon his features as he turned a pleasant expression to the pale child. 

chiding himself for acting so spoiled, lasher smiled at aria. "i am well. are you yourself the same?" if she wished to segue this into a deeper talk, he welcomed such, for his enjoyment at being alongside her was not drowned by the gentle rejection she had given before.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
"Quite well," she replied, and continued on. It wasn't so much that she was making small talk, she was just genuinely curious and needed to start off the conversation. Her tongue wavered as she fought to find words to say. Then she gave up- just get to the point already, she snapped to herself. She sighed and shook her head. 

"I'm not asking permission," Aria began, head lowering a little as her courage faltered. "But I've spent a bit of time with Casmir," she murmured gently, her tail wagging as she thought of the few moments they spent together. "I just.. I dunno I wanted to tell you myself," she stared at the ground as they went, but was prepared to stop if he did. She hoped he wouldn't think less of her, but she didn't know if he would be upset or offended... She just didn't know. She walked silently, waiting for his response.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
casmir. so the little one had found solace in the arms of his son. lasher felt the sting of the previous day fading quickly, replacing itself with a growing amusement. it was ironic, and yet he was charmed that she had felt the need to inform her of her change in proclivities. "casmir," he repeated, casting a wry glance at the pale girl. taltos of course did not think less of aria, nor was he upset. "is he not with behati these days?" the man inquired gently.

if his son intended to play at the silver tongue, then he must be instructed, lest hearts be broken. and if aria was aware of the existing relationship -- assuming that there was one; he was not completely sure of this -- then she too must be honest. but lasher did not intend to lecture any of the young wolves.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
He didn't seem upset, and the heart of the white wolfess soared with relief and excitement. But then he asked a question that made it (and her fluffy tail) sink back down. She shrugged. "Both of us, for now," she murmured in response. It was clear that she was not thrilled about this, but perhaps Lasher understood the problem of loving more than one person- Casmir inherited more than just his fathers good looks. "I wasn't aware at first," she shared, "but she was gone when we first met, and she came back, so," she shrugged again. 

"I can't really force him to stop liking her," she continued, trailing off as she thought further on the topic. But I would like to she held off from saying, stifling a frustrated sigh.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
both of them? that certainly confirmed what lasher had suspected; a wan smile touched his lips. "it can be done successfully, but all must be in agreement. my lover lives far to the south of us, and i see him rarely, but the affection remains." he wondered what aria would make of that, but it was not the focal point of their conversation. "you do not seem pleased with the arrangement." he slowed their pace, settling in the snow to face the girl and inviting her to do the same. 

he had not wished to lecture, and would attempt not to do so, but perhaps if she knew that she spoke with one who had maintained an openness with his mate for their time together, she would ask questions. he enjoyed teaching on a variety of things.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
The girl said nothing about Lasher's lover. She had not known about them. The thought stung a little. She knew that he would have Blue and her, but a third to tend to? How could someone be unable to choose? She could not fathom it. But he seemed to think that the situation was well handled, so she did not judge him for it. What would she even say? wow u luv so many ppl how immature. There was really nothing she could argue against it; you can't help who you love. 

Not pleased? She scoffed. "I'm not exactly thrilled about it," she muttered, her white gaze settling on the ground as her rump did. "It's not really fair, to either of us. Behati was here first, then she left. Casmir and I met, and then Behati came back. He made promises to us both without knowing the consequences of seeing the other again." Now, Casmir had never really made a promise to her, but the moment they shared was enough to keep Aria coming back. It was like a promise in itself, but more fulfilling. She didn't share this with Lasher, simply sat forward with her eyebrows furrowed, chewing her lip in desperate thought.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
so aria was displeased with the arrangement, yet set enough upon his son that she had tolerated it thus far. lasher fell into a quiet sort of pondering as the girl came into a charming sort of perturbed disarray. the glen-man did not wish to involve himself further in the workings of the younger packwolves, and yet he was directly linked to the goings-on by way of his son's decisions. "would you like me to speak with casmir?" the man asked gently, finding the silvered loveliness of her gaze with his own. his affections for her had not dimmed, but the druid recognized the importance of setting it aside for the present, and perhaps never revisiting such again.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Yes. Knock some sense into him. Tell him that it's me and only me and Behati missed her chance. That was what she wanted to tell him, but common sense and her conscience told her that this was wrong. So she said nothing of the sort. "No..." she muttered, shrugging. "I'm sure he has some sort of plan... or idea or.. something," she thought about her wording- it sucked. But that was all she could muster up when she spoke so she didn't apologize, simply tried to say something a bit more intelligent. 

"I just mean... it's his decision," she finished, her heart drooping. "I think I've got a good chance," she added hopefully, attempting to show him her lack of worry. She gave him a gentle smile, her tail thumping slowly against the snow. But her heart lurched, and she felt a bit of sadness overwhelm her. She thought she had a good chance. Whatever Casmir thought... well, she didn't know.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
aria put on a good display of fine humour, squaring her proverbial shoulders against the storm that had formed between the young trio. at least eilidh had remained unaffected; she was a quiet girl, and he was reminded that he must seek her out as well. "if your opinion changes, please inform me."

despite her words, the man decided it was high time he found his son nevertheless. it had been some time since they had spoken, and it seemed he was churning things in the lower ranks, which could in turn cause dissent in the rest of the pack. this was something lasher was not intending to tolerate.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
"Of course," came the reply of the white girl. She dipped her head to him and when he turned to leave, she did the same. She gave a loud call for Behati and then set out to follow her trail. 

She was at first a bit confused at why the scent seemed to linger, but it eventually moved out and Aria thought nothing on it anymore. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary- whatever. Unfortunately this was the wrong thought, and she should have ran as fast as fucking possible out of that clearing and towards wherever the caramelly bitch had gone.