The Sentinels It's one love
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
All Welcome 
Once famous for her skill of running very fast, Osprey had not done this in ages. Her poor health and various events that did not aid in keeping one fit had deterred her from doing this. Even though the memory of, how wonderful it had been and how exhilarating it felt, was still vivid. It was the closest she had come to flying - her dream as a child. 

Therefore on the day, when she scavenging on the outskirts of the territory and noticed a hare hiding in the snow, carefully hidden by it's wintery outfit, she gave in the instinct to chase. It was clear from the very beginning that she would not catch the small, agile creature and there was no hunger to make her desparate to catch it. And yet after the chase was over and she was standing in the forest, her sides heaving heavily, while she was trying to catch her breath, she had a sense of small victory. In those seconds of remembering the feeling of really running, something had changed - she had taken another step away from the wrecked wolf she had been.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
If it's alright, I'll use this to inform of conversation with Lasher? :D

Also assuming he heard about Em's sickness from some undetermined source XD if that's too much assumption lemme know

Dante had heard tell of the illness befallen Emaleth and, after their brief forced interaction, had no choice but to assume the fault fell entirely on him.  He felt absolutely awful about it and had remained away even more, coming only close enough to the densite to ensure all was safe and clear.  Finally his own cough was abating.... it still hit hard when he exerted himself too much, but no longer was he waking as often miserable.  It gave hope that he at least would be able to safely interact with them soon, and he hoped the little girl would become well as well.

He was patrolling, and still feeling a little down despite enjoying the crisp air, when he saw Osprey run.  He stopped in his tracks, partially to not upset her hunt and partially because watching was a thrill, and his lips turned up in a warm smile to see it.  He gave her a few moments before interrupting, jogging forward and glancing out in the direction of her path.  "Nice day for a run."
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey jumped a little, when she heard Dante's call, and turned to see him running in her direction. Her smile grew wider and she took swift steps towards her mate, saying: "It certainly is - my old bones are creaking and cracking and my lungs are about to burst - but the feeling is wonderful."

Closing the distance between them, she leaned over to give her mate a wolf-equivalent of a kiss and then retreated, regarding him with a happy expression. "So - what news do you have?"
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Thrilled, he accepted and returned the kiss, smiling in amusement at her statements on age.  Though she made them, and even though she was a year older than he, he did not see her as old.  So he generally accepted the ones said with good natured spirit as a joke from her, and sometimes would poke some affectionate fun at her.  This time he was too excited to deliver his news, and too looking forward to seeing if she was excited by it as well.

"I spoke with Lasher," he said, watching her face as he did.  "I asked him how they'd feel, if we did start a family.  He said they would be glad for it."  He grinned.  "I told him to keep it quiet though.  Even from Blue.  I thought maybe, if the time comes, you would want to tell her."  He fell silent then, ears pushed forward and betraying how eager he was to know what she thought.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That's so very nice of him," Osprey said, feeling relieved. Though she had always known that neither Lasher, nor Blue willow would deny them having a family, there was a bit of doubt too. After all Donnelaith was their pack and it would make sense, if they wanted only their blood-line to survive. Therefore the knowledge that the alpha valued them as friends first and subordinates then was heart-warming.

"And I don't mind other people knowing about our plans," she shrugged. She would not care, if they disagreed or felt resentful, because, what mattered was hers and Dante's happiness. "What else is worth knowing?" she asked, lying down on her belly and looking up at her mate. "I rarely happen to cross paths with the others - not the most social of the butterflies."
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She didn't mind, but he didn't think he'd change the request.  If she wanted to tell others, that was fine, but he couldn't shake the feeling.  "You don't think that it would.... jinx it?"  He ducked his head a bit, looking at her sheepishly.  "Maybe that's a little crazy."  They would only be happy for them, and he didn't want her to think he was flakey about this. 

"There is not much else that I know.  I haven't been the most social of late either."  They were in the same boat there.  He wasn't aware of any of the drama surrounding the younger wolves, something he would regret and feel lax in later.  Supporting Lasher was his role and he hadn't been doing a particularly great job of that since this winter cold had struck.  "We've gotten some new faces but I haven't met many of them.  Not in depth at least."  He sat down.  "I saw one of Lasher's new pups though.  She got out of the den."  His ears slid sideways guiltily.  And he might have given her a bug returning her.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Jinx it? But why?" Osprey asked, reaching out to touch her mate in a reassuring manner. If things were meant to happen, they would happen. If not - then it would be no-one's fault. Some people believed in "evil eye", but she could not think of anyone, who would wish them harm. "It's going to be alright. And if you wish - I can tell Blue Willow for now, and the rest can know about it later," when she thought about it more, not "advertising" too much was even better. 

"Here we are - oldest members of the pack and not even knowing all of the new recruits," she said with a thoughtful look on her face. Though she had lived in big packs all her life, smaller numbers and more close-knit group seemed to be more preferable. "I thought that we were supposed to go and greet them together?" there was a bit of accusation in her voice, when she said this. "Does this mean that you are feeling better now?"
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He hoped she wasn't too put out in keeping it quiet, but he felt better when she agreed to only tell Blue.  He didn't mind if the alpha pair both knew - and the rest would find out eventually.  But the less that were waiting hopefully, the more luck he felt.  "Thanks," he said gratefully, happy she would humor him in his crazy. 

He ducked his head at her deserved chiding, ready to explain further.  "It wasn't exactly planned.  I happened to pass by and one had escaped."  He grinned despite himself at the recollection.  "I think those two have their paws full.  I just got her back into the den."  It was a short interaction but had left him with a healthy want for more.  "I think it is finally going, maybe.  It's been less."  It no longer bothered him in every day activities, though still he did not push himself just yet.  Hunts were perilous things even at full capability.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"My they grow up so fast," Osprey shook her head slowly. By the time she was actually getting to the den, the kids will be adolescents by then, busy fighting their parents and getting on other pack members' nerves. Left the comfy nest, of course, too. It seemed as an exaggeration, but this had happened to her before. She had missed seeing two of her brother's litters growing up, not to mention Lasher's first one. Would she miss all of the important steps, when her own kids were born, too?

"That's lovely to hear," she said and stretched, her expression sneaky - there was something on her mind. And then she sank down to a play-bow, tail wagging and let out a cheerful bark, inviting her mate for a game.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
They did.  Dante was a bit disappointed to have been made to wait so long due to circumstance, but he didn't mind missing the baby months so much. If they were his own, yes.  But another's, when they were older was when they were a bit more interesting.

She looked as glad as he felt, and when she dipped into a bow, he mirrored her happily, the challenge of a game sounding perfect.  He returned her bark with a playful growl, expression clearly inviting her to make the first move, but his lips turned up in a grin.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Dante agreed to play immediately and Osprey's grin grew wider. She plopped down to her belly and took a moment to think through her tactics, her tail wagging all the time. Then she decided to go for the lazy approach and closed the distance between the two, by crawling towards her mate. And, when she was close enough, she reached out with her muzzle and attempted to grab one of his forepaws.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He let her instigate, waiting expectantly and with interest for her first move.  She made it, grasping his paw, and he lifted his other one to embrace her neck, attempting a sort of wolfish headlock.  Likely she would pull free easily, but it would start the wrestle out.  There was more of a carefree glee in this spar than there had been with Amekaze or other partners like Aria.  That had been practice.  This was pure fun.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey squirmed free easily, retreating few steps away and sitting down, scrutinizing Dante's face, while her mind went over all of the possible scenarios. It had been a while, since she had wrestled with someone, even though in her early youth she had spent days playing with her brothers - fights that had become rougher as they grew up. She had never received any special treatment just because she had been a girl. Now, when she would lose miserably, should her mate fight her for real, Osprey took her chances and with a growl lunged forward, aiming for his neck.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante had no intentions of making this a competitive spar, play and fight two different worlds for him.  So he did not attack, instead circling and preparing to perhaps attempt to knock her over and continue the friendly scuffle.

instead she figured it out first, and the lunge took him by surprise.  He leaned back from it to offset, but instead just ended up throwing his balance and falling backwards, effectively pinning himself under her.  Unable to help it, he broke out in laughter at his own gracelessness and reached up, trying to grasp and tug on her ear.  She had him, but he wasn't calling quits just yet.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey had not expected Dante to give up so easily, so it was a bit of a surprise for her to take him down so easily, but she regained her posture quickly and shot him a victorious grin: "Did not expect this, did you?" Then she began to laugh too and growled playfully, when he got hold of her ear. She made a lazy attempt to free it, then just leaned closer so that almost all of her full weight was on him now and attempted to put one of her forepaws on his face. "I might still need that ear," she siad.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He hadn't, but he simply rumbled happily in agreement, not wanting to release his hold on her ear quite so quickly.  Her laugh made him all the more happy and he twitched his own mismatched ears playfully.  "We'll math" he mumbled, grinning and pawing at her leg affectionately.  When her own paw met his face, though, he found a new target to lock in on.

Releasing her ear, he bumped her paw with his nose, then pressed his maw to it and blew air out.  He didn't know if she was ticklish, but the sensation had to be a wierd one all the same.  After he might have attempted to roll out from under, but to be honest, he enjoyed the close quarters.  Her weight had him pinned, and he chuckled.  "I think you've got me in a bind," he said, tail whapping the ground as he looked up at her.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: while writing this, I have this scene and song in mind - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSbFnMB1HDs 

"Hey," Osprey exclaimed inbetween laughs, because it had tickled and the sensation was entirely new, but not unpleasant. She removed the paw and put it on the right side of his face again. The comment made her grin grow wider and with her head tilted slightly to the side, she teased: "So, I have pinned down the fearsome beta, the strong and mighty warrior, protector of the borders. Just like this? Man, when Lasher hears about this, he will be disappointed." Without letting him to answer, she reached to mouth his muzzle lightly, to emphasize her dominance, and then went over to cover his face with wolfish kisses (read - licks). If he was so weak, he deserved the embarrassement.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Omg yes <3!
Dante grinned back, completely unbothered by his sudden fall.  "Looks like your the fiercest of the defenders now!  Suppose that means I can retire."  He rested a paw on her shoulder, turning as she attacked his face with her tongue and laughing.  

Had it been anyone else, he would never allow such a move to assert.  But with Osprey, hierarchy had never really mattered.  He saw them as equal no matter where she stood in the pack, especially in private like this. "Merciless," he said before returning the favor once or twice.  Then he gave one more attempt at rolling her off playfully, wondering if perhaps this play session could turn into an afternoon siesta in the sun.  It was a beautiful day for lazing.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Yup, grandpa - have you seen all of the white hairs on your head? I wonder, how you have lasted this long - you are A-N-C-I-E-N-T," Osprey took the privileges being a mate and teased him in a way no other pack member would be allowed. Then she studied his face for a while and gave in his attempt to roll her off him. She stepped away and lied down, closing her eyes against the sunlight. 

ooc: perhaps, you can finish in your next post?
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Sure thing!

She let him up after teasing a little more, and he took it good naturedly.  He could have poked her back with the same jest since she had a year or so on him, but didn't.  Instead he followed her, plopping down beside and laying his head across her back.  Such casual contact had become natural, and he relaxed, enjoying the feel of the sun on his back.