Thunder Dome House of Gold
peace will win & fear will loose
17 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
@Asterr though, I feel like this may be a conflict of interest hence other relationships with other characters xD

Her feet stood firmly at the new borders, though he stance awaited submission. Thinking back at what brought her here, she sighed. Her life had not always been easy, and the journey into the teekon had been even harder. But she relented, and would find peace among the Wilds one day. And perhaps, maybe this was a new start. Lusa and her family had disappeared, and she herself parted ways with them. She had offered her undying loyalty and they had forsaken it, no longer would she hold any respect for them. But she would not hold a grudge, for she would not ever see them again, or so she hoped. Howling for the Alpha of the new pack, her head was thrown back, her eyes twinkling in the small shred of sun that beamed through the trees overhead. 

If this was not the place for her, she would kindly depart with good intent, though she hoped to find a place where she belonged. Or at least a place she was welcomed. For once, she did not think of her brother but for herself and where she stood in the vast colony of wolves. She would not waste another opportunity, not one that she would readily lay her life down for.
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Pfft, totally isn't... xD

Not long after their howls had rung through the air, they'd been responded to by their neighbors. She knew of how close they were to one another, even of their shared border, and yet she could not even consider ever moving. In fact, she planned to request a council with the other leaders in the days to come, intent on keeping neutrality between them. There was certainly enough of space for the two packs, and probably plenty of resources as well. Though she knew not what the other territory was like, she knew of her own. The cavern would aid them in survival greatly, for the woodland within was alive and well.

Asterr had been lingering atop a ridge, looking out over the range and the fields that surrounded it. The sight was marvelous, really, and the ridge in particular being one she could remain on for hours at a time. However, she could stay there no longer, for a howl had filled the air. It was unfamiliar, but near enough to know that it's owner lingered at their borders. It helped, too, that there seemed to be a message within in, a summoning for the leader. The dragoness was quick to respond, descending the ridges and trailing along numerous paths until she was nearer to the borders, and the stranger had become visible.

She approached with a slightly raised tail, though overall her posture was neutral. She had stopped a decent distance away, her body not passing over the border just yet. "Hello," the yearling greeted, nodding to the other female. "What might be your reasoning for having summoned me?" She suspected it was to join since the pale figure scented only of herself, but there was a chance she was one of their neighbors, too.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
17 Posts
Ooc —
As the Alpha presence made herself aware, her body dipped, an automatic submission to authority. If she wanted any chance at being granted a spot in their ranks, respect was always to be shown. To her surprise, the Alpha was not hostile, yet not purely soft either. From past experiences, this was an odd trait, yet she was grateful to be in such a presence than a less acknowledging one. 

"My name is Iris," She spoke, careful not to meet the Alpha's eyes. It was a well known fact that to meet one's eyes was to show challenge, which was the last thing she wanted. "I ask humbly to join the ranks of your pack, if you have an opening at all," But it was not all talk, she lived up to standards and refused to accept the horror of unaccomplishment. To not fulfil the expectation of a pack was her worst nightmare, the thought gave her chills. 

While she had been a flighty thing, experiences had changed her. Most days she found herself with a determination to survive rather it just be a day to day cycle. It was odd, yet she strived to fulfil than to plainly lay limp as the days went by. This was her shot at redemption for all she had done wrong and new beginning for her moral journey.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Upon her arrival, the stranger had lowered herself to display submission. She could accept the gesture for now, if only because she did not yet view the other female as being her equal. No longer was she a loner, but the chieftess of a tribe, and as such she could see only her tribe members as her equals. It was the way many things worked, and she knew it was necessary if she wished to keep her current members safe and her position secured. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Iris. My name is Asterr," she said, returning the introduction. She kept silent there after, listening closely to what she had to say.

"We do have an opening," the yearling revealed, her tone calm but expression inquisitive. "What might you be able to offer to us?" It was nothing more than formalities, knowing she needed to ask for the bettering of her tribe. However, it was far from being the deciding factor. Asterr believed that skills could be acquired and lost at any given time, making them of little importance right from the jump. Things could be learned, traits developed—they were changeable, unlike one's sense of loyalty.
Kyyneleitä virtaa vasta alakerrassa.
210 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Just putting this here since Jolon is guarding the borders and such :). Feel free to skip me if Asterr doesn't want Jolon to get closer.

It had been a fulfilling day. They were now officially a team and their claim had been made on the highest peak in their territory. Jolon was no longer alone, he now was surrounded by wolves who looked out for each other. He had the younger male, Leo, and the frosty wolf, Winter, to protect and the rest of their tribe to feed. He didn't know how the other two brute males were at hunting, but for now that didn't matter. The only thing bothering him at this moment was a howl at their borders.

He got up from the spot he was resting and shook his coat. He could see his warm breath dancing in the air around him before it disappeared into nothingness. He yawned, revealing his white teeth, before stretching out. He was in no hurry to get to the wolf who had called out at their borders, knowing that Asterr must have heard it too. Besides, it wasn't officially his job yet, for the bright spirit hadn't asked him to do it. But he couldn't resist the urge to find out what kind of wolf had found their borders interesting enough to call out. So with that in mind, he made his way to a higher ridge, above the borders of their territory, looking if he could spot anything near their borders.

There was indeed someone there, a frosty wolf, with a pretty face at that. She was talking to Asterr, but that was no surprise to him. He knew his alphess was already there, he had smelled her on his way to the ridge. It seemed everything was going fine between the two, although he was too far from them to make out what they were talking about. It was probably a recruitment, but Jolon didn't want to rudely barge in like he had done with Ezimette. So, to let the two know he was there watching, he let out a shrill yap. The sound was hard enough for them to know of his presence, and he waited for a sign from Asterr to let him know he was welcome to come closer.
A Man with Two Souls
A Power that Mercilessly Controls
Please Someone Help him with this Demon
Make this Free Spirit a Freeman
17 Posts
Ooc —
Her heart surged when an opening was presented, though no pack would simply take her empty handed. It was known to her that she had a gift for tracking, having successfully covered her scent and tracks on her journey into the teekon to avoid having her brother on her tail. Honestly, she had never looked to adapt a trade before, yet she had no problem learning whatever trade was required of her. However a flight risk she had been, she brung a promise of undying loyalty to whoever she pledged it to. "You will find that my tracking skills are more than creditable, and a thirst for achievement does not fall far behind," She returned the respect and calm nature. 

Another presence had arrived, to her notice but she did not spare him a glance. Her business was with the Alpha and no other. Unfortunately, she had no patience for disruption, though she appreciated his restraint to advance further. "I promise my unwavering loyalty and deliverance to your pack, and will pursue any trades required," While she prefered to hold back from violence, she did not ignore it and would rise to defend whatever the cost. She was no tool one could throw away after use but a steady shoulder in the times of trouble. Perhaps she would pursue the medic trade, she was yet to decide. "If it is okay, I wish to become a medic, if one is needed," It was, to her, important to state her goals instead of just what she already knew. There was always room for growth and she hoped to show the Alpha that.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
She'd not needed to wait long for the female to answer, and the response was duly noted. Someone with exceptional skills in tracking would certainly be useful to have within their ranks, not to mention the assistance she could provide for Jolon. Just as she'd come to such a realization, her ears swiveled back at the sound of a recognizable voice. Already she had discovered that he held an interest in those entering the tribe, but this time around he was not invited to come forward. There was so much the male did already, she wished not to put any extra weight upon his shoulders. Besides, he could not always be nearby when a stranger called, so she would have to get used to handling the matter on her own.

After tossing him a quick glance over her shoulder to acknowledge his presence, and silently inform him to stay back, Asterr focused back on the pale female. Without even being asked to do so, she'd gone ahead and offered her loyalty—words the dragoness enjoyed hearing. With a soft shake of her head she responded with, "It will not be required that you immediately pursue a trade. I believe that is something one can work towards at their own pace, if they ever choose to do so." Acquiring titles for specific skills would not be frowned upon or discouraged, of course, but it also would not be forced down the members' throats. As long as each wolf could care for their tribe and look out for each other, they would be welcome. "What we seek here is loyalty, which you have already promised to us." It was not a direct acceptance just yet, for she wished to ask something more.

"A medic, you say?" That had grabbed her attention. It was something she, too, would pursue, for the skills of one had been taught to her from an early age. "Have you any experience in the field? How wide is your knowledge of herbs?" Important questions driven by personal curiosity. It would be pleasant to have another like herself around, for they could share past experiences and increase one another's success rate with patients.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Just gonna skip Jolon.. idk if he wanted to post again but I don't want to keep this waiting

She nodded on her own accord, though was surprised to hear that the Alpha did not push them to pursue a trade right away. Alas, this was not like any other Alpha she had met. Strangely, she felt attracted to the place, or was it something else. Nevertheless, this new outcome would not stop her from achieving what she had promised. Her pride surged as Asterr commented on her loyalty. But she felt a shred of guilt, as she had left her home pack without so much as a goodbye. They didn't deserve her, but she was unfaithful to them and ran away. Convincing herself that if circumstances had been different, she would have dedicated her life to them, made it better. But they had made that impossible, afterall. It was not her fault

She nodded at the word medic, her eagerness was fruitful though she displayed it well. "My mother was a healer, though my interest in helping care for others is not influenced by her," She wanted to make clear that she was living in nobody's shadow and could stand on her own two feet. "Unfortunately, I left my pack before I could apprentice under her," She said nothing more on the subject of her departure and silently begged not to be questioned on it. "Though I picked up a few things, such as quick herb remedies and diagnosing symptoms correctly. It is not near the level of expertise but enough to grow upon," She was humble about it, not about to over exaggerate her abilities. She knew this was not enough to become a doctor of sorts but a caretaker at the least. She could only hope she would be allowed to practice and learn more without the demanding skills most others would ask for.
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Though uninfluenced by her mother, it stood out that the female was a second-generation caregiver. Even if she knew little and had yet to acquire an apprenticeship, she was capable. Asterr liked to think that certain acquired traits could very well be passed down to one's offspring, and due to such she viewed the other female as an asset. There was probably much she could do already without even realizing it, and was surely a quick study. Such were things the yearling could appreciate, as well as reasons she could not turn the pallid wolf away.

"Both your sense of loyalty and your abilities as a caregiver have given me reason enough to accept you," she began, crossing the threshold of the territory and moving nearer to the woman. Her posture remained neutral, nonthreatening and calm, her intentions clear. She stopped once she was standing before the other female, offering a soft smile as she said, "So I welcome you, Iris, into my tribe." A few more steps were taken there after as she moved forward to her side, where she then pressed her muzzle to the other's shoulder. The gesture was quick but gentle and it's meaning great, for it would serve as a sign that meant she was one of them. Once she'd pulled away, the dragoness stepped back and motioned for the other to follow, leading her into the tribe's land. From there she would lead her towards the cavern, where the wolf would then be left to explore and settle in.