The Sentinels Hahahahaha come on now guys lets be civil
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Private 
something tells me no feelings will be spared. Tried to wait until the cat was out of the bag before posting this, feel free to wait until the thread is completely over !!

They slept; finally the two other girls Aria roomed with slept and she was able to escape with ease. Today was filled with excitement. As far as she concerned everyone was okay and the drama was possibly settling down. She had become beta! What a great achievement, one she'd always dreamed of. Currently, her only plan was to find Casmir and tell him of her accomplishments and ask him how he was doing.

The white girl felt like she was walking on clouds rather than the fluffy snow.

She snuck from the den and out into the woods. When she was far enough away she called out to Casmir, heart racing. She found a trail that appeared to be his and followed it, hoping to find the dark male out and about.

leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
*IS VAGUE*

night came and the boy barely noticed. after speaking with Behati, if their conversation could be called that, Cas had left Donnelaith under the guise of hunting, when really he'd gone off to bitterly curse and bemoan his situation. the realization that he was beginning to truly fall for the new beta now made him sick, and the memory of Behati's gaze upon him caused his stomach to knot. how could he have been so utterly stupid? first to think that either the dessert-girl or Aria would tolerate his attempts to date both of them -- and now that he had ever believed Aria only wanted him.

she had made it so easy to believe, though -- she had been the icon of a saint above his lonely little altar. his dad. Cas stopped from where he plodded heavily along the borders, grimacing. what about his mom!? his sisters!? did Lasher suddenly just not give a shit about them? and he was so old too. what the fuck did Aria even see in him?

the tones of the pale girl came hurtling out of the dimness and struck him like oranges in a sock, muted but the pain that blossomed in his very soul was all too real. for a moment, Cas considered putting a lot of distance between himself and Aria, and very suddenly, but the anger struck forth, and his teeth bared in a snarl.

she lied.

the boy turned and paced toward the pale figure among the trees ahead, fury cascading through his body. and when he had come within earshot, it was not joy that she would see upon his face, but a dark and hateful rage. "my dad, Aria!?" he shouted, uncaring if the entire pack heard him. "you want to fuck my dad!?"

tact, of course, was completely lost.
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Instead of running to hold her in his arms like she had previously intended, Casmir approached with rage in every inch of his body. Whatever tenderness they'd held each other with before was gone, and Aria shrunk back at his coming. He snarled, screeching into the night his anger and her betrayal. She didn't even think of where he had even gotten this information from. There was no way Lasher would betray her like that and as far as she was concerned... Behati... Her scent had lingered... The bitch had stayed behind and spied. No wonder she seemed so chipper when she arrived in the den. She knew of the shit storm that would occur. 

If the intelligence hadn't kicked in, Aria probably would've sunk into the snow and taken whatever anger he had to throw at her. Eventually she'd break out the old puppy-dog eyes and butter him up again. She'd meant to tell him she just didn't know how, and she wanted him to know that. But now? With the knowledge that Behati had all her cards against her? Especially after Aria had so graciously talked her up to Lasher?

Oh hell no. This bitch was going the fuck down.

Despite the awareness that her life was falling to pieces and she didn't know what to do about it, the white wolf fired back.

"Excuse me?" she snarled, her fur bristling. "Where the fuck did you get that load of bullshit?" she inquired, hoping he'd spill that it was indeed Behati through his fit of range. Regardless of what he said back, she'd probably tell him that yes Lasher had come onto her and yes she did find him rather cunning but she turned him down. For Casmir? Maybe that was too far. She'd leave that out.
❥ i don't care, no i wouldn't dare, to fix the twist in you
195 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
@Pearl - want to go together? :D

Casmir had taken off and Behati could not bring herself to follow - she had broken enough rules that day. She had retired to the den with Pearl, and was snoozing alongside her white sister when angry voices roused them both. It didn't take long to figure out who was shouting. Shit.

Behati was on her feet within moments, giving Pearl a sharp nudge in the rear. "Pearl, come on!" she whispered, and scrambled out of the den.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Cas briefly quailed inside -- he had never seen this side of Aria. but then again, she hadn't seen this side of him. he wasn't about to back down just because she was pretty, or because her fur felt like silk, or her eyes looked like -- shut the fuck up, he told himself. "i don't hear you denying it!" he snapped with a click of his teeth, meeting her eyes with his own. he didn't give one wet fuck about her stupid rank, since apparently she'd gotten it sucking up to his dad. or sucking -- his mind veered away from that, plugging its invisible ears with its fingers and chanting la la la.

he was hurt that she didn't try to placate him -- he was angry that Aria didn't even pretend to accuse him of lying. in the boy's hormonal mind, lack of denial = guilty, and his heart throbbed as if it had been squeezed by a beartrap left by a careless, drunken hunter.

"it doesn't matter who i heard it from," he reiterated with a growl, his soul flaking away like an emo kid who has been in the sunlight too long. "it matters if it's true, and obviously it is, so what the fuck were you doing telling me all that shit?" why had she lied? it hurt even more, now, knowing that she'd claimed he was the only one for her and had not meant it -- it was as if he had been demoted from Prince Charming to Voldemort, He Who Shall Not be Told the Truth or some shit.

"so," he began with a nasty sneer to hide the agony welling in his eyes, "is that how you got to become leader over Pearl. she's been here longer than you. you couldn't even earn a rightful rank without SELLING YOUR ASS!"

he was out for blood.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ouch. That hurt. And so did that. And that one. And the last one stung, more than anything. She stood rigid for a moment, taking every insult he threw her way and fought back an understandable amount of tears. Her anger could be described easily as livid, but as chaos ensued she found herself aware of the situation; unlike her petty denmate. He finished, and all at once the pretty wolf fired back every drop of 'fight me on this' she had in her. 

"Your father," she spat back at him, nearing him and snarling right beneath his jaw. "Is a kind soul and a wonderful alpha. He came onto me. I turned him down," she told him like it was. Had she accepted a small portion of his love? Sure, maybe she had. But she didn't tell him that and Behati didn't know about it. For now she'd keep it on the DL and refuse to ever tell him she actually enjoyed it. "It happened before us. I like you for you, Casmir. I didn't betray you for your father; I'm not a fucking animal." (irony bc wolf)

His final statement she didn't know how to respond to. However this conversation ended, she wanted nothing to do with that side of him. She felt she'd earned her position. She went out and spoke with Njal from Saltwinter, she had patrolled borders and hunted, she'd participated in the pack activities and even helped Dante with his sickness. She stared him dead in the eyes, her own white ones aflame with anger yet somehow cold as ice.

"You and I both know I earned this position, Casmir," came her response, and she backed away from him, her teeth now at a bigger gap from his throat.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the fight had died out of him, like a climax (not that he knew what that was. nope he'd totally blown his chance and would be a virgin forever and die surrounded by pet rocks). but instead of the bright and soft afterglow, Cas merely felt sick, drained, and guilty. "your father," she snapped -- my father, his mind retorted in an immature and Malfoyish way, mocking her even though he didn't want to -- and he listened, in time for his rage to turn to horror. if she was telling the truth -- and he didn't trust her -- then his dad was a shitbag. a prancing, merry shitbag.

but Cas wasn't ready to accept that, or any other reality where Aria wasn't literally dipped in crimson and stamped with an 'A.' she said it happened before. she said she liked him. Cas scoffed, but he wanted so badly to believe her -- again. he glared down at her as she snarled her final words and then backed away.

eyes of gold met her own ice-gaze -- they were at a standoff here. but Cas' pride wasn't about to let her have the final word, and nor was he done railing. he'd been wronged -- the fact that he'd wronged Behati went selfishly unaddressed. "you know Behati hates me now, right?" he muttered in a cold tone. "how long before us did this happen? we almost ... you know, did it," he growled, ironically unable to describe what they had done while accusing her of being Donnelaith's WonderStrumpet five seconds earlier.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Aria groaned.

"That isn't my fault, Casmir," she replied, shaking her head. But a realization suddenly hit her, and the girl found herself feeling like a side-hoe. "Did you not tell her about me?" she asked quietly, her gaze lightening to large, sad, sparkly diamonds. "I didn't care you saw her... I didn't tell you that you couldn't see her... Did you not even tell her that we had grown close when she abandoned you?" she asked, her voice cracking. The thought of being a second choice was heartbreaking. She was a secret. Perhaps Behati had her suspicions but Casmir hadn't even found it important enough to tell her about them.

She stared lowly to the ground, answering his question with a robot like voice. She felt betrayed almost, used. Maybe she really wasn't, but at this point she couldn't tell. "A week or two," she muttered, no longer looking up to meet his gaze. "And we didn't almost do it," she added with a hiss. "I'm just a much a virgin as you are, Casmir. I'm not giving it up just because someone asked."
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"of course i told her about us! i told you what you said. i told her i liked both of you," he snapped, but without much force behind it. the shimmering gems of her eyes had lulled him, and guilt replaced his anger. "i'm mad but i'm not about to fuckin' lie about how much i like you," he growled, realizing too late that he had used the present tense rather than the past, which is what he had intended. you know, to be a dick. 

Cas' pride took another blow when she called him out on his virgin status. part of him wanted to bluster and claim that he totally wasnt, and that in fact he'd been inducted into the Non-Virgin Hall of Fame by a mysterious older she-wolf. but his energy for all the bullshit was gone.

sinking down to his haunches, Cas pondered how stupid the situation had gotten, his broken relationship with Behati, and now the shattered remains of whatever he and Aria might have had. he was angry, yes, but the logic was breaking through again -- he wanted to cry, he wanted to shout. he wanted to run away and never come back. had he known Behati was crouched in the shadows, watching, the boy very well might have died.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
@Behati I'm here! Typing this from my phone on the bus on the way back from a game

Luckily for Aria, Pearl didn't immediately wake up. It was only the howling and loud angry voices starting that bolted her up as soon as Behati nudged her. She didn't know yet what position Aria had, but Pearl still had seniority over these ridiculous asses and she wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Behati and Pearl lurked silently around the area, Pearl flicking her tail in the sugar girl's face to shut her up. She wanted to get a better understanding of this situation that no one would talk to her about. Albeit she was surprised that Aria had gotten a leadership position with her inexperienced emotions. The Lasher thing was new too.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Just as devastated as he was, Aria sat her tired ass on the ground and let out a soft sigh. "Why are we fighting this is stupid," she muttered, shaking her head. She knew he was probably still mad at her but she had nothing more to add to the conversation in response and was now just upset. He'd insulted her purity and her ability to serve the pack; two things she usually prided herself on. She remained silent, looking up at him with a sad gaze. 

"I'm sorry I didn't immediately tell you about Lasher. I really wanted us to happen and I thought if I sprung that on you you'd turn tail... I still really want us to happen," she added with a gentle shrug. She didn't know the two girls were watching, and truthfully didn't know what she'd do if they were. Behati had done enough, she was sick of it by now. "I haven't lied to you about anyone else, Casmir. You are the one and only person I've ever truly wanted to be with."

She moved closer to him, permitted he would let her, and nuzzled softly under his jaw and into his neck. "I stand by that."
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
making some assumptions and a lil powerplay! PM me if u want me to edit <3

he had called her a whore and said she was no good for Donnelaith. Casmir was an ass of the highest degree; he deserved her hatred, and that of Behati, and even to be thrown out of the pack on his face for all the strife he had caused. but Aria still reached to him, still spoke softly and touched him, and the dam within Cas broke. 

for several weeks, though he loved dearly his sisters, he had felt replaced by them. he had seen Lasher interact with Emmy and Deedee, and it was so -- different compared to how Cas remembered his father being toward his own littermates and himself. he had never for a moment doubted his father's love, but having Connie gone and having new siblings had been hard for the boy.

a few tears fell from his eyes onto Aria's snowy fur before he could stop himself -- they had come together like they had done that first night. "i do, too," he mumbled. he lingered for a moment, before sighing and pulling away. "i -- i should go. i've done enough."

the boy turned to plod away, but as he moved toward the treeline, a pair of scents entered his nostrils and dread prickled through his body. he froze.

fuck.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
But he still left. He had given her the response she wanted, regardless of how he had treated her, but he wanted to leave. She didn't want him to leave, she was too upset over the whole situation to have to go another night without him. Fuck Behati, she could be a part of this all she wanted, but just tonight she wished that he would forget the caramel bitch of a wolf and just be with her. "Casmir, wait," she whined, but before she could add on he had frozen in his tracks. 

In the instant after he did she scented the two mutts of wolves she called her denmates- although after tonight she would most likely be moving out. Where to? Hell, anywhere but there. The ground was still frozen and there was no way for her to dig a den. But she would anyway. Fuck being Beta. She would tell Lasher she couldn't stand this petty bitch and either send her out of the pack or tell him to pair her with Pearl. Who fucking cares. This was too much for her and she couldn't stand it anymore. 

"Are you fucking kidding me?" came the snarl, hackles rose and the sweet pale gaze turned once again to flames. This time, away from Casmir and towards Behati. "You followed me?"

until Behati/Pearl respond, this is my last post for the night! (:

195 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
They didn't need to be particularly close to hear what was going on. Pearl wordlessly bid Behati keep silent and out of the way, and the caramel girl only once challenged that command - when Casmir revealed that he and Aria had been intimate. As far as his girlfriend was concerned, there was no grey area here. She made a move as if to join in the battle, but Pearl slapped her in the face with the tip of her tail and Behati stayed put.

It wasn't long before Aria rounded on them with eyes aflame. Behati's head felt thick and dull after witnessing the pair's little moment. She struggled to focus on Aria, blinking out of sync and swaying gently where she sat. "Weren't those the rules?" she retorted flatly, but there was no punch behind her words. "Anyway, you were yelling." Behati lowered her gaze and waited for Pearl to intervene.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
i think it's my turn i couldn't tell lol. feel free to let me know if i'm skipping you.

Behati's reply did seem heated, but it came as obnoxious. Aria let out a low growl. "It doesn't seem like you play by the rules, Behati," she spat. In response to the comment on yelling, the white wolfess couldn't think of anything civil to say. "Yelling?" she retorted in fury. "Of course we were yelling. You're spreading rumors in a petty attempt to ruin my reputation." By reputation, it was obvious she meant a number of different things: Casmir, her virginity, her rank... pretty much everything she stood for was slandered. Aria was outraged and, now that Behati had actually followed her here, oh hot damn. 

"This is stupid," she finally muttered, her ears flattening. "This is so fucking stupid."
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl's just going to observe and let the drama proceed before she can do anything to help

Pearl still sat when Behati made her entrance, her presence being only revealed as a pale glow from her small and silent form. She preferred to watch this play out (for drama's and the players enjoyment) before she intervened. Personally, she needed to hear all or most of the facts before she mediated an argument, because she would take the view that seemed right to her and remain all the live long day. 

It was better for them to talk it out, anyway, because nothing would ever get resolved if the feelings weren't understood and left to build up and snowball into something bigger, much like this situation was turning into. Although it was apparent both sides were sick of this. That was a start that she could work with. Naturally she stepped in as the voice of reason that these bitches so easily disregarded. Bringing with her a calm and understanding demeanor, she entered quietly, coming to a point slightly off the line that connected the girls. Looking at them in turn, she could only hope she could resolve this. "Why don't you try and talk this out before this causes anymore damage then it needs too. Language is accepted, though try not to insult each other too badly." she said calmly, serenely, and an with an edge.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
LMFAO PEARL

Casmir winced as Aria confronted Behati with a screech, but strangely his girlfriend -- was she even that anymore? -- did not rejoin in turn. instead, the dessert princess remained calm, save for an edge to her tone and an odd swaying to her body. Cas tried to catch her eye, but pulled his gaze from Pearl's scrutinizing glare. Aria exploded once more at Behati, and the darkfurred boy began to back slowly away. 

when Pearl, Voice of Reason, entered the scene, commanding the attention of the two warring birdies, Casmir turned. he obviously wasn't needed, right? the boy started to beat a retreat for the shadows ringing the small clearing, hoping he could clear out smooth and fast.
195 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
o my heart

Talk this out. Ha! Behati flashed Pearl some difficult-to-decipher side-eye and squared up to her opponent, muzzle raised, eyes hard, voice cold. "Whatever, Aria, I heard you say to Lasher that you liked him. That's ALL I said to Casmir - you're the on who filled in the rest! Nice job, whoring around with father and son. Real classy." It was one of those 'letter of the law' situations, where the spirit of what was good and kind and proper had been tied to a post and shat on. Technically, Behati was speaking the truth - but it came from a place that was so dark and so ugly that it didn't really matter.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Casmir fled. She turned to see him running, but before she could crumble at his leaving them, leaving her, Behati said something that she couldn't stand. Pearl had attempted to intervene, but Aria had so little respect for her at this point that she completely disregarded her. Civil? Yeah fuck off, she had tried. Petty bullying was civil at this point, Behati had taken it too far. 

"Take. It. Back," she snarled, stepping towards the girl. Her teeth clicked, and her eyes were alive with fire. If she hadn't been so angry, she probably would've cried. It wasn't her fault really, but she felt like everyone was teaming up on her at this point. It was partially her fault, sure, but still. She didn't dare say something so personal to Behati. It was a low blow and both parties knew it. Aria was breaking, and she was pissed.
195 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
"No."

For dramatic effect, this will be the entirety of my post.
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
last post for me (:

No. Did she just say no? Aria felt her whole body grow hot with anger. Casmir was gone, there was no longer a need for composure. No need to attempt any more 'lady-like' actions. If Pearl cared she could shove one up her ass and suck it the fuck up.

The white girl couldn't stand it anymore, she lashed out. She aimed a bite at her chin, not hard and surely not breaking skin, but it would show her seriousness in the situation. She wasn't fucking around anymore. 

"Know your place, Omega," she spat, standing taller over the girl. "I will make you eat your words," she finished, her voice holding nothing but hatred. Aria turned and left. If anything, Behati had done nothing but disrespect her and, being the higher rank she was, she showed her that she was not so special. If Behati went and whined to Lasher or Dante Aria had the upper hand. Fuck this black mailing shit, two could play at this game. 

She disappeared into the trees, moving as far from the den as she could before her anger and adrenaline faded and was replaced with heartbreak. When she could hold it in no longer, she curled up beneath a large tree and sobbed silently for a majority of the night. When she released all the tears she possibly could, the girl sobered up. She only had one thing on her mind now.

Revenge.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Pearl watched with some disappointment as Casmir fled the scene, the mess he'd left. But she returned back to the present conversation, keeping in mind to talk to him later. She caught the glance from Behati, and instantly knew this was going to get ugly. She didn't know if this was something that could be resolved, which would make an interesting start to her mediator specialty. This had spiraled out of control way too fast, and she regretted not being there when it had started. She got the feeling that this was going to get much worse before it got better. 

She listened to the ugly exchange of words dipped in hatred, flinching ever so subtly at Behati's refusal and watching helplessly as Aria threatened her friend. Pearl knew that she couldn't possibly intervene without making it worse at this point, so she refrained from stopping it until Aria had left. There goes a denmate, she thought as she moved closer to Behati. "There isn't much I can do about this, I'm sorry. I'll try and talk to her, though I don't know if she'll want to listen." she said, though even if Aria didn't, she made it a point to talk to these teenagers. They desperately needed help that she didn't know that she could give.
195 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
Pearl was right about that - there was nothing to be done, and things had really spiraled. For a moment, Behati wondered if they had gone too far. Wondered if she should make amends with Aria - apologize for getting off on the wrong foot, then take a few days away from the pack with Casmir, and heal together.

Nah.

"Guess not," she huffed at Pearl, and turned to make her way back to the den. Aria was not likely to show up again tonight.