Blackfeather Woods this is a damn romance novel
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Maybe @Burke? It's AW though :)

The man had all of his desires mixed up. His encounters with Venus always seemed to blur his mind. He would always say to himself that he couldn't have her. That he was ruining a relationship and should stop. But now every time he would see her all of those morals were broken. There was just a burning need to be close to her and protect her. 

Today Mikasi decided to get it off his mind and do work. Particular patrolling the border with Burke. When he arrive on the marked line, he let out a howl, letting Burke or anyone in proximity know he was there.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Whoo! I'm here! We also have that other thread what we could wrap up if you wish? I had Burke smell Venus on Mikasi, let me know if you want me to edit that! :)

Burke had already been close to the borders. He was clueless of the fact that Mikasi had been with Venus more often than he should. The alpha liked to know these things because as a therapist and counselor he could maybe provide some wisdom or give someone a piece of mind. But since he didn't know he couldn't really give advise. Burke trotted forward, glad that Mikasi had taken his earlier advise to heart. 

Burke arrived at the borders, giving a nod in greeting to Mikasi. "So you want to patrol the borders today?," he asked. He knew Mikasi wanted to be a hunter and a sitter, which was curious to Burke but he would not complain. He had the motto to have his wolves do the trades they liked they were more efficient that way. Once he stepped closer Burke thought he smelled Venus on Mikasi's fur. Strange, though they could have hung out. Burke didn't look too much into it.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Mikasi turned his head towards the grey bulky figure coming forth. "Yep," he replied with a nod. The male moved forward expecting Burke to follow.

There was a lot of thing on the younger males mind. So much had happened in such short time and it felt a little overwhelming. Spending time with Venus made him feel guilty and rotten hen he thought about it, but when he was with her those feelings were not present. He felt the urge to tell someone and this was a great opportunity. Burke was councilor, so he was the only wolf he would feel comfortable telling his feelings.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded shortly when Mikasi confirmed that he wanted to join him on patrol. The male didn't wait long and instantly trotted off expecting Mikasi to follow him and catch up. Burke moved to a tree and marked it. Sometimes he would use a little pee if a strong marking was needed. He would rub his body again a tree or scratch his claws over it if it needed a light marking. "So you never done a patrol before?,' he questioned the male curiously.

Burke wondered if Mikasi was still going to be a hunter or not. He would let him decide instead of nagging him about it. Burke had not often socialized with this wolf, and maybe it was time he did. Burke wanted to invest more time in his members, wanting them to know they could come to him.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Mikasi followed the old pattern, marking where ever it need be. It was the old age ritual amongst many animals.

There was silence as they went through their work. The male didn't feel the need to talk all that much and assumed the same for Burke. But you know what they say about assuming: it makes an ass out of u and me. The male lifted his head at Burke's question. "I do. I find I thereputic and calm most of the time. Reminds me of times when I was a boy." Then he had found hunting smaller and patrolling calming and it hasn't changed. Though other's may disagree, those where his thoughts on the matter.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was interested in knowing more. The large male wanted to use this time to bond better with one of his subordinates. He wanted to show interest in they life. Often he was just too busy to have small chats but he did know they were important as a leader. It would give some trusts in him and his leadership. That he would be there for them. Burke lifted his hind leg for a moment against a tree. "How is that?," he wondered.

Burke wasn't sure if Mikasi had been around the borders as a child a lot or just because one of his family members used to patrol a lot. Burke was just curious about his reasoning. Maybe if it calmed the male he would let him mark the borders more often. Have several rounds of marked layers. Then their scent would be really strong.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
He marked a tree before answering the question. "Well, when there's no threat, I like to just take the moment to listen to the forest. Think of all the positives in life rather than negatives. It's good to keep your mind at peace once in a while, ya' know? At least that's my opinion." The man went on to mark a bit more.

short post...
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at him curiously. "But why at the borders? Why not in the middle of the territory." Burke was mainly just curious about what went on in Mikasi his head. Burke became calm from patroling too but he had different reasons. He liked that thanks to his send the pack would be safe. Because he did this task so often there was no doubt others would know of their borders. He liked that his pack would be safe.
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
"Walking anywhere could calm me down really," he started, "But when I'm around the border, I can calm myself and get work done." Hitting two birds with one stone. Mikasi felt more productive when he was marking the borders.

He turned is head to Burke. "What about you? Is there anything you like to do?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke liked Mikasi's answer. He could relate to what he was saying and hearing him say that he wanted to work for this pack is always good to say to the alpha. Burke needed his members just as much as they needed him. He couldn't run this all alone so he was glad Mikasi was helping out, along with Kove.

"That is good. Thank you for helping," he spoke to the male. "I like patrolling too, but for different reasons. I get calm from knowing that my scent keeps the pack safe, that these lands are not being trespassed."
186 Posts
Ooc — Athena
Fade soon?

He nodded gratefully. "You're welcome." Mikasi was truly grateful to hear that coming from his alpha. Meant he was keeping his promise: caring for the pack and carrying his own weight.

Mikasi could agree to Burke's reasoning. It was enough work to care for the whole pack as an alpha. Having trespassers would make things harder. It felt inspiring to see Burke manage the pack so well. He was a great alpha indeed.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Yes! Thank you for this thread!

Burke nodded when Mikasi spoke. He followed the border line marking it with Mikasi. Their conversation died out but that didn't mean that such a thing was bad. It was actually quite good that they could work in silence. Burke at least liked it that they could be comfortable without much talking. The Alpha male stopped at the edges of the swamp, where he departed from Mikasi after a brief goodbye. He had other things that followed after this task.

-fade end-