Blackfeather Woods I Will Always Land on You Like a Sucker Punch
38 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Joining 
I should've done this earlier, but I have come to avenge myself! @Burke @Damien 
 Gasping for breath, Hecate dragged the small elk closer and closer. She had hoped to get an adult, but that was committing suicide. Instead, she snuck in and stole the young elk from its parents. Though, she wasn't that lucky. She had many, many news scars and wounds, mostly cleaned up, but still hurt like hell.

She pushed herself one more step before collapsing on the wintry ground. She stood up, stopping her legs from shaking, and let out a howl. She braced herself for the arrival of the alpha. Her fur was slightly matted with blood, hers and the elk's, but she hoped it didn't show. She somehow calmed her breathing and regained her calm posture, awaiting the leader of the pack.

She wouldn't let this go. Even it took a million days, she would try every single goddamn time until she got in. That was how determined Hecate was. There was no way she would let someone get the impression that she was just an annoying, pesky wolf pup.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Earlier? The last thread ended 5 days ago xD

Burke trotted over the border when he smelled the scent of blood. He made some haste, moving through the shadows. The scent of blood was always a call for Burke. The female seemed to collapse on the ground close to their borders. Burke studied her, wasn't she the one with the many languages? He had rejected her like ... yesterday? The male watched her from the shadows, her howl was not needed since he had already been there. Burke watched her straighten out her shaky legs. His eyes then falling on the elk carcass that she had dragged on their border. The female had caught that by herself? That was like having a death wish.

Burke appeared from the shadows. His stoic face instantly looking at her. His docked tail up as he stood on their border. "Miss. ManyTongues," he pointed out. He did not know her true name. He was not sure what she wanted, well he had a good guess, but he had send her away only days ago. He thought it would her longer to return, apparently not. "What is it?," he questioned.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
What a better time to return than at the most unexpected moment?

Everytjing since Damien decided he had to spend some time away from home had been uncertain. He hadn't been planning to leave home, he definitely did not plan to see and find the things he did when he left, and when he realized where he was he wasn't expecting to see the shade of Blackfeather at the horizon. Maybe it was a sign from the universe that he was ready to come back, or maybe it was coincidence, but Damien was glad to be back. He had had a lot of time to think things clearly and there was a lot to solve at home, some of which he would need to discuss with Burke, but the time for that would come.

As if by fate, Damien found Burke at the borders while he approached. He was eager to tell him a lot of tjings, but it clearly wasn't the moment for that. There was someone else with him, and by the looks of it she was trying to impress Burke to get a spot in the pack. Damien knew better than to interrupt this kind of business, so he stayed behind the female without saying a word, swaying his tail lightly in greeting to Burke, but implying that he would not speak if not need be. He did feel curiosity towards the offer this lones had brought to the dark Alpha, and was hoping to see an interesting development of things... Little did he know that this was not the first try for the female...

mobile post guys.. I'll fix typos when I get home later!
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
38 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Hecate tilted her head in the sound of the alpha, though did not look up. Instead of talking, she simply moved so the elk was clearly seen. Her tail unmoving on the ground was a better try than last time. Now that there was a moment of silence, Hecate wondered what she should if he didn't accept her (again). She would presumably leave the elk that she worked so hard to get

She glanced down below at the bloody elk once again and silently threatened him, Listen little stupid elk, you better get me in, or I'm scattering your limbs across hell. Though, obviously, the elk just lay limply covered in its own blood, ignoring her violent threats.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke frowned when the female just plainly ignored his question. What was that for a way to greet him. It was not going to make her fall in good graces with Burke. His docked tail stiffly standing up. She moved the elk for him like it wasn't visible for him that the elk was there in the first place. He couldn't really get a height of this female. She had an elk, yes but was it for them? Or did she want to tell something with it?

Then Burke saw Damien standing there. He had returned! His son! Burke was rather inclined to rekindle with someone he cared about that to deal with this loner. Burke let out a growl at her, maybe that would wake her up or maybe let her disappear. First she came here stating how many tongues she knew and now she wasn't even using the one in her mouth. He might call Nemesis soon and have her chase this one out together with Damien. Oh... maybe they would chase her towards Damien who could give her a good time. Burke disliked his time being wasted. "You better speak. You're wasting my time," he huffed. He had important matters to share with Damien about Sebastian before he would enter.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Guys you can skip me if I'm taking too long... Damien isn't being very productive here anyway so I don't really mind...

At first, Damien thought that he'd run into a normal joining request, but he was very wrong. Burke seemed to be quite exasperated by the mere presence of the female, which made Damien think that there was something he was ignoring. It picked his interest even more, and his ears perked up attempting to get a clear take of what the loner would say next. Damien couldn't quite understand why Burke was being so harsh with this female, but he probably would have handled things differently. Damien didn't know it, but this was the first time this female came asking for a spot. She was showing determination through her hard work, and although bringing a whole deer from who knows where alone was pretty over the top, Damien couldn't deny that the female had some talent.

And about Sebastian... Well, that was a whole other story, and things would surely go down hard at some point.
38 Posts
Ooc — Mae
When Hecate began to speak, she winced at the pain at her throat. "I still wish to join thy brotherhood. I bring this elk to prove myself," she said, her voice rough, and clearly different than the last encounter. Usually, Hecate spoke the modern tongue, but now, unfocused, she resorted to some of the olden language. 

She noticed that the alpha was not looking at her, but behind her. She didn't dare turn, though. There must've been something more important for him, thus him not wanting to waste time. This world truly hates me doesn't it, she thought. She braced herself for the alpha to attack, her muscles tense, awaiting for his reaction.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke's eyes fell on the dark colored female before him. She was unfortunate to be on the borders at the same moment that his son returned because the male wanted to speak to him instead of her. But as an alpha he couldn't be selfish even thought most thought he might be since he could be such a jerk. His eyes went from the female to the elk. She caught it alone, yes, but it also resulted her in an awful body condition. "You look horrible," the male stated, she had serval wounds more than last time. "This elk you are showing to me resulted you being in an even worse of a body condition then you were before, making you even less appealing for me to take you in. You would probably need a good week rest if you want to be fully heathy again, meaning that you would need to eat our hard earned food and scarce medical supply during this winter," Burke told her.

The alpha shook his head in disapproval. "If you would have been a member of this pack I would have whooped your ass for being so reckless going after an elk alone. Alas, you are a loner so I guess you didn't have another choice. Please explain to me why you caught this elk, leaving you in such condition, and good reasoning why I should take you in now you are all bruised and cut up," he stated. HIs pale eyes on her with some strictness. Sure, it showed her devotion and eagerness to join this pack, that was clear, if the female would start about that it was something that wouldn't impress Burke. He wanted to know why she thought it he wanted this elk in the first place, why she would think she needed an elk baby to prove herself. He wasn't going to give these pointers verbally, he wanted to find out herself. Truly she only needed to say one sentence to convince Burke, a sentence with the exact right words.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
So there had been a first time...

Damien's interest was at a spike when the female spoke, and then things escalated rather quickly when Burke gave her his own opinion. Damien wouldn't deny that everything he said was perfectly reasonable, and that had actually been Damien's own reason to reject Muriel in the first place not so long ago. She was weak and would have taken her weeks to recover to be an active part of the pack for once, something the Dark Brotherhood didn't need at the moment. Winter had been harsh on the pack, but they had strong numbers to rely on, and did not need to make such an investment. It was all a matter of interests at first, before the members became vital part of the functioning of the pack. Wow... Damien was starting to learn about this things quickly.

Not a word said, Damien observed, serving as a backup plan for now, but eager to resume his life at Blackfeather Woods. Oh when he knew just how much things had changed while he was gone... It's impossible to know how he'd react, even for his awesome writer!
38 Posts
Ooc — Mae
I am bad at this joining stuff, haha sorry

"The wounds are not as bad as they look," Hecate assured. "If I join this brotherhood, I will attempt to regain all the lost medical supply, I can still collect medical supplies for this brotherhood in my condition."

She stopped for a moment and thought before answering,"I brought this elk to show that I can hunt just as well as I can talk. Also, I believe I had... wasted your time and offer this elk as an apology," cringe-worthy memories flooded back before she pushed them to the back of her head and continued,"Thou can give me a week to heal, and a week to prove myself. If I am not good enough for this dark brotherhood, you may kick me out of here," Hecate offered, switching between old and modern tongue. This seemed like a good offer to Hecate. What was to lose, anyways? She was becoming more aware of the wolf behind her. Or at least, she thought it was a wolf. Her throat was practically on fire now, but she had kept her voice in a steady tone, which was very good yet very painful.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
You're not bad at it!!! Since we had the name change from "Black Feather Woods" to "Dark Brotherhood" the joining process became much harder than it was before. Now once a wolf joined they are instantly recruited into their 'sacred' Dark Brotherhood as an apprentice. So in the BFW-timeperiod some members would be selected for the brotherhood some wouldn't, they would stay normal members. Now with the name change only that 'selected' part will get through the joining process.

Burke was no medic so he was going to take her word for it that her wounds weren't that bad. To the alpha she looked pretty beaten down. He was not given her any sign of being approved or not. He listened to her statements. She had spoken a lot and not really the sentences that he wanted to hear but it was close to what he wanted to hear. The male's face stayed stoic taking her arguments in regard for a moment. She had promised to work hard, which he liked, but if she was dark enough could only be expressed by herself being in this pack and showing enough in those two weeks. "If you were in this pack I would kick you out even if you wouldn't agree with it," he pointed out to her.

Burke was not going to relent easily. She had spoke about what she could bring but he wanted more insight. "What trades are you interested in pursuing?," he asked to the female. She might have told him something before about counseling and something else but if he was really honest he had forgotten most of it. They had quite some loner at their borders recently. They all had different interest and when he looked back at it all their trades were starting to blur. Burke looked over her shoulder briefly to Damien. He gave a nod with his head that he could come stand by him, seeing how she would react, and it would make it easier to talk with him after.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Damien listened, waiting hungrily for the female's response, while scanning her with his pale eyes. It was clear that she was not in her best shape, but even after the trouble of catching the elk herself, just to prove her strength to Burke and her promise to the brotherhood, Damien believed that she had something the pack could exploit.

Burke nodded, telling Damien it was alright to stand beside him now, and the yearling moved slowly, walking just about an inch away from Hecate on his way past the borderline. Once beside his father, Damien observed the female critically. She was tense, like every other piece of scum that approached Blackfeather, and it looked like she was trying really hard not to burst into tears... But that was just Damien's despotic opinion.
38 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Hecate thought for a moment, then remembered. "I am interested in being a naturalist and a healer. Though, I can learn a trade to be helpful to thy brotherhood," she replied, her voice getting smoother. She kept her pose submissive and calm. Now another wolf joined the alpha. He was clearly younger, and had a close relation with this alpha. Her ears twitched in the direction of the new wolf, but she still did not look up. Her pain had turned to numbness, which was less distracting.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke inhaled softly as she spoke. For a moment he thought about the fact that her daughter could learn this female the trade of being a naturalist, that would be funny to see a young pup teaching an subordinate. They actually needed more hunters but seeing that she was motivated to work hard. She had gone through the rejection and come back to prove herself. The alpha male looked at his son for a moment to see his judgement. 

"One week to heal and one week to prove yourself, you better restock what you took before your two weeks are up," Burke stated. He howled for @Nemesis to pick up Hecate, seeing that she wanted to be scout she could be an ambassador of the pack by showing Hecate around the pack lands and drilling her a bit on how things worked. Burke liked that idea, and giving Nemesis more trust in dealing with new members. In the meanwhile he could have a chat with his son. "I called for Sister Nemesis to show you around. You are now an apprentice of the Dark Brotherhood, one that is on a two week trail period. Do the things you promised."

Nemesis, tagged you here so you know I mentioned/howled for Nem! I let you sort out if you want an actual thread with Hecate so you can use it for your trades! :D
@Hecate Welcome at last! Two weeks are starting from now!
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Although Damien would have love to speak a piece of his mind and it to be taken into account for the decision making, the dark yearling stayed quiet like he'd been the whole time. Damien was an observer this time, an ability he didn't possess until his quiet journey away from Blackfeather Woods. The combative yearling was slowly starting to realize that, like his mother always did, watching and thinking before acting could often improve the results of his actions; but he'd always had a hard time with patience.

Burke deliberated for a few more seconds, taking the last statement Hecate made as a key fact on his decision. The female promised to become a healer, something Blackfeather Woods had been in desperate need after Meldresi's death and Potema's departure. Cicero had been filling the hole with his own knowledge about plants, which although vast, was rarely the best when dealing with maladies and injuries. A botanist could never pretend to be a healer and pull it off. There was also Venus of course, but Damien hadn't really seen her chosen trade be put in the practice. Naturalism, on which Hecate also expressed interest, was a trade in which many of those who came to the brotherhood's door claimed to have experience, but it had always failed to impress the difficult yearling, and he knew his father had similar opinions.

The Alpha shot an inquisitive glance at Damien, seeking some kind of approval to which the young male responded with a reassuring nod. He had an opinion of his own, and this time he could better perceive the reasons why accepting the female could be a good investment. Burke's word after that was final, leaving no room for misconceptions. Two weeks were given to the female to prove her worth, just as it had been for every other new recruit; and a sister (more specifically Damien's new Nemesis: Nemesis herself) was called to do as her guide.

"I would very much enjoy chasing you out myself if you turn out to be useless..." threatened Damien with a cold stare. One could never be too hard on the new guy, especially when one is Damien... Or could you? "Or in it's fault, drain your blood to mark our borders." Damien... Always proving us wrong.

Huh... Who knew I would end up writing this much... I love character development... It always happens at the most random of moments...
38 Posts
Ooc — Mae
Hecate did not ignore his threats, but she stayed silent. She found no reason to comment on such stuff. She simply awaited to be taken by Sister Nemesis. At last, right before their departure, Hecate murmured a small 'thank you' towards Burke.