Silvertip Mountain The Beta Announcement
Alpha
762 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Pack Activity 
Okay this is really late, but better late than never right? This is a one-post howl thread, I'll archive in a week.

FitzDutiful had been late with his announcement. He knew he ought to make some special fanfare, especially since his son and brother were so important to him but other things had kept getting in the way. Looking at Zaria, he let the guilt show on his face. "We've still not announced them formally." he told her. Yes, the wolves of the pack should know from the rank situation and the respect those two would now deserved but still; he should make both of their lives easier.

Taking a walk outside their cave, hopefully with Zaria by his side, FitzDutiful lifted his muzzle and howled to all of the pack the notification. We're pleased to announce both Mason and Steady as your pack betas. Please join me in congratulating them both." His notification turned into congratulations himself as he waited for his pack to join him in the howl.
uncurbed, unreined, and riderless
327 Posts
Ooc — Em
Mason’s mud-drizzled ears pricked up as he lay some unmeasurable distance away. His pale grey form lifted itself from the floor to look up at the sky, cupping his ears towards that sound. His father’s balmy voice. Pride flooded through him, as well as excitement. It was official. They were Beta-bros.

Mason looked around, as though expecting Steady to be there sharing in his joy. They would find each other soon enough.

Whilst most wolves apparently had doubts about Mason’s capabilities, the boy wholeheartedly approved of his Uncle’s promotion, and he felt nothing but pride for Steady too.

One of the first voices to join his Dad, as it should be, Mason lifted his muzzle and joined the call of congratulation. Not for himself, but for Sted.
Best thing you will ever see
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria lifted her head when Fitz talked about not announcing to the pack about their new Beta's. Frankly they had been rathe busy with something else that was really important. "Babe, calling the pack would not have been an option because you were quite possessive of me last week remember?," she stated and moved herself against her mate in a teasing matter. She was still quite tired from their week together. She was doing better though, so the slender female followed the king outside.

She was too tired to protest about Mason being beta. She hoped that Steady would keep to his words and watch over Mason a bit, mentor him. Zaria had been born as royalty, she knew how to lead perfectly because of her genes. Yep, no one was as perfect as her. Maybe Fitz. She loved him, but he was perfect in other things. She sat down by Fitz and rested her head against him. Yep, who knew trying to trick STM in taking her in and taking care of her would be the best choice ever. Now she pulled a lot of weight because that was how she was, so kind and amazing. Zaria let out a happy sigh, absorbed in the love she had for her amazing self and her great life choices.
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska's ears perked up. The news was quite surprising indeed. He exhaustively lumbered out from his den, then gave his congratulations with his own howl. He would have gone to do so personally. But he was just too tired to really do anything at the time, so instead went back inside to get some more rest.
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton was tightly curled into a big ball of fluff when a howl broke her peaceful slumber. FitzDutiful let out a howl one that notified everyone that Steady and Mason have become the betas of the pack. What wonderful news to hear! Tiredly, the woman lumbered to her paws and (while popping a few muscles and bones) she walked out of her dug in den. Her eyes were glazed over with sleepiness but she still decided to return the congratulations. She heard one pack mate respond, it was Chaska.

The lifted her muzzle slowly into the air, letting out a long and loud howl filled with happiness and congratulations. However, there was a twinge of tiredness in the melody. Once she closed it off, she retreated back into her den and returned to her original position. She started to dream of flying deer meat...
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady's ears perked when Fitz and Zaria's howls reached his ears, added then Mason and other pack members. Steady stayed silent for a moment, almost needing to hear the approval from his pack mates. If he was to be Beta, he needed to know the pack supported it. And, it seemed they did.

He lifted his own nose to the sky, joining in with his own voice, congratulating Mason on his promotion. Steady had high hopes for the yearling, and knew that Mason would make an excellent Beta, provided he could put his past with Zaria where it belonged and focus on the future.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.