Blackfeather Woods There is light out there
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Private 
Border post! For @Pietro and Kendra will probably be dragged along.

As promised Burke would take Pietro to the borders again. Kendra had come home soon after they settled down for a nap and joined in. The next morning he was up early. Burke was usually most active a dusk and dawn. He liked naps better than hours of sleep. Though with the kids he did sleep a bit more, indulging a bit. "Kendra you will be coming with us to. You have not seen the borders," he pointed out to his daughter. He wanted her to know too that there were different lands out there with packs claiming territories like them. They both needed to be raised well, knowing what borders meant. Pietro already knew but last time he didn't take Kendra with him.

The father looked his two kids. He was tempted to take Sebastian with him too, but decided against it. He wanted some family time with these two. It was probably quite cute to see Burke walking with two kids. The male dragged some left overs before his kids, providing some breakfast for them before leaving. It was important they would eat well in these cold days, they would need to stay warm.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
The Pied Piper of Hamelin
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro listened to his father talk, he instantly sprung up from laying position. He was immediately met with sore legs. He winched for a moment, but quickly stood up, trying not to look weak. He stood proudly, as if he knew the borders like he created the woods himself. "Let's go." he said, when his father turned around, he gave Kendra a wink and a smile. His violet eyes darted back in front of him as his trotted alongside his father. "Are we going to be marking them father?" he asked, cocking his head. His face was serious, as he could make it.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra pushed herself to her feet when her father started about the borders and that she had to come with. She had been there on accident and she had not liked it, it was way too light for her opinion. Pietro gave her a wink but Kendra already felt miserable. The girl let out a soft pout, knowing that going against her father was not the wisest decision but she rather wanted to say here with Nem or Venus or.. anyone really. "Daddy no. I don't want to," she protested. She could tell Pietro was all excited, well she wasn't. 

Kendra looked at the meat that her father brought them and was still scowling, not very keen to eat because that would only speed up the process, no she was going to stall. Or she was trying too. She kept her pale eyes to the ground, like she was angry at her feet.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was surprised when he heard his daughter protest about the fact that she didn't want to go to the borders. He had thought of her as a pretty curious girl, but she had clearly no interest in going to the borders. The father was quite confused with her statement. "You will come with us since there are important things to learn about them," he stated to her, leaving not much room for arguments. The tank of a male wanted to mentor them about how the borders worked and that they should respectful when encountering other borders. Burke didn't want them to be killed. 

"You better eat otherwise you have to go with us with an empty stomach," he pointed out. Then then father turned to his son who was at least eager to do go to the borders again. Burke hadn't noticed him having a bit of a muscle ache. "Yes we will if you want to," he spoke to him. But he knew that Pietro wanted his mercenary trade, and it would be good seeing that both his kids had shown the right work ethic.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro walk over to the meat and sat down. He took a bite, and gave Kendra a funny look. "Is it because you're scared? he teased with his mouth full. The grey pup enjoyed teasing, because his sister got all riled up. He was very eager to get going, so he took a few more bites then quickly stood up. His body was still skinny, his long legs made it more obvious. But he was tall, and if training went well with his father, the pup would be strong. His body was just built to be skinny, not that he was malnourished. His little tail wagged as he looked at his father. "Why do I have to have a tail? Yours is cool!" he asked. He was genuinely interested, and it showed. Having a docked tail would make his seem stronger, like he has gone through pain before.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked at her brother with a scowl and shook her head. "I just don't like how the light hurts my eyes. I don't wanna go, Daddy! It hurts. I want to be in the tunnels!," she protested again not really eating from the food seeing that she wanted to get her point across. She stuck her tongue out to Pietro. Bet he hadn't been in the web of tunnels underground. It was pretty dangerous too. Maybe if she would show her brother then she would be more cool in his eyes. She wanted to proof herself too. She wouldn't allow to be in his shadow, ever. They were twins. They were equals.

Kendra watched her brother starting to talk about their father's tail. Kendra was interested in that too. Why did their father had such a short tail. She hadn't seen any other wolf with such a tail like that, add to the fact that both of them had al long tail probably because of their mother, but that was just assumed by Kendra. She was not into genetics yet.
Peculiar Little Thing
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched his daughter still protest but he wanted her to see it even if her eyes would hurt. He had the feeling she was just being dramatic. She was just not used to it that is all. "Kendra, you will come with us, end of story," he stated to his daughter, leaving no room for arguments. The father then had to pay attention to his son who wanted a tail like his. "Well then you have to get it stuck and bite it off," he pointed out to his other child. Burke was not serious about Pietro doing that. "But having a tail is better for good communication," he pointed out. He could keep his tail up but it would be mostly a stump moving. It was not clear what he meant sometimes.

Burke then started walking. "C'mon. We're going," he called and eyed over his shoulder if they were following. He watched Kendra mostly because he wanted to make sure that she was following him. He wanted her to know about the borders and what they meant. Even if she didn't like the light in her eyes she could still use her nose.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro frowned at his father's explanation. His father was a bit grouchy today, he wondered why. He pouted and followed his father out of the den, looking at Kendra with a confused face. Once Kendra caught up, he gave her cheek a quick lick, and a tail wag. The boy wasn't very excited to go along the borders, all he wanted to do today was cuddle up with his sister and sleep. He didn't know why, but he has felt very tired the last few days, he was probably growing. "I'm sorry you have to come outside, I was just playing earlier.' he said, pricking his ears up. "I can stand in front of you to block the sunlight." he offered, giving her a small smile.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra let out a pout and started to nibble quietly on the carcass. She didn't want to spoil the fun for Pietro though so she walked and followed her dad obediently as they walked though their forest. The girl smiled a bit when her brother calmed her down. "I know, it is okay," she spoke. She would do the same to Pietro to tease him so she understood. "No. I don't want to disappoint daddy," she whispered and shook her head. She walked on with her father, dreading the fact that they were getting closer to the border.

Kendra walked with her bother and followed her father. Her steps became a bit more hesitant when they came close to the border. She followed through and once they broke through the tree line which was also their border Kendra groaned. Luckily it was over cast and not that bad, but in summer she was not going to get out of this forest, she wasn't planning to at least.
Peculiar Little Thing
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Bruke lead the way to the border, keeping up a brisk trot. The alpha male could hear Kendra and Pietro talk. He was proud to hear that Kendra didn't want to disappoint him. He was going to be praising her later for going to the border. As Pietro already knew, the borders were there to keep trespassers out, but Kendra didn't know that. "These scent borders are to keep other wolves out that don't belong in our pack," he explained. "If you are outside our borders it is neutral territory, but once you come past a strong scent mark you can't trespass. We kill wolves that cross our borders. So I think others would do the same," he explained to Kendra and to Pietro. Then Burke looked at his son with a hint of a smile. "Pietro why don't you show your sister how to mark the borders," he spoke. Hopefully if the two would interact Kendra would forget a bit about her eyes hurting. Burke was in sharp, because his children were his everything and he didn't want some crazy wolf to attack them.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro nodded as he walked close o the border, sniffing a few trees along the way until he spotted a tree that needed to be remarked. "Alrighty, Kendra, you mark trees the scratching them, leaving deep marks in the bark, allowing trespassers to see that we own the territory." he explained, as he reared up on his back legs, and scratching down the tree. He looked back at Kendra, before moving on along the border once again. He moved along until another weak spot hit him. "Places that cannot be scratched, they must be peed on." he explained, before lifting his leg, and marking the border. He turned back to look at his sister. "Any questions?" he asked after cocking his head.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra looked around, watching the open lands before them. Kendra was not often afraid or feeling uneasy but all this open space and light made her vulnerable especially because she had a black coat and everything around her there was white thick snow. It was even deeper than in the forest seeing that it was so dense. Pietro called to her attention and she looked at how he was marking the tree. She pushed her front paws against the tree and scratched her nails over it too. Her marks didn't reach as high as Pietro. "Okay," she spoke with a nod. "But.. I don't pee like you do!," she then stated. "I can't get it on things. I sit down!," she let out, looking a bit confusedly at her father now for help. Of course Pietro imitating their father, which was a good thing, was starting to lift his paw but for her it felt not right to do that.
Peculiar Little Thing
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke looked at his children and had to smile at the sight. He liked how close they were. Pietro seemed very protective of his sister. I claimed Burke, because if they would watch each other backs then there would be a less chance a predator or any other type of danger would happen to them. He was also pleased to see that Kendra didn't seem to complain too much about her eyes hurting. "Very good Kendra," he praised. "You too Pietro. You will be a good Guardian one day. I'm sure of it."

He wanted to encourage his children to do the things they liked. Then Kendra came with her question. Burke looked at her with a hint of amusement. "Marking the ground can work too. You can really have to pee on something. I guess it is more a male thing. Nemesis marks the borders too. You can ask how she does it," he shrugged. He looked at the two of them. He might need to call Damien and have them learn about Mephala soon. He knew all the stories after all. Plus a sex talk was going to be needed perhaps soon.
128 Posts
Ooc —
SEX TALK OMG Pietro is gonna look down at himself and be like 'this thing?'

Pietro didn't quite know how to respond to his sisters peeing issues. It was t something he had to deal with, so he just nodded in agreement with his father. Being a male had a few issues, but they didn't include peeing weird. He smiled at his father when he was given a compliment. "Thank you." he said proudly. He was a driven pup, and he would have to master fighting, quickly. He really enjoyed being out and about with his sister and father. He felt a bit bad that his sister didn't enjoy it quite as much, and the sun hurt her eyes. Hopefully the two pups could compromise and find a fun spot they both enjoyed.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Haha that would be funny xD

Kendra listened to he father when he explained to her how thinks worked, or well, he somewhat explained it seeing that he send her to Nemesis. Maybe she would ask her, if she would remember. Kendra wasn't really interested in the borders. The girl was just going to keep to the heart of Black Feather and have her garden or something like that. She did not feel the need to go outside of Black Feather Woods. Kendra was pleased at the praise and then instantly trotted back to the trees. "I'm going to go back," she stated. "Pietro you can stay with Daddy if you like that," she stated, not wanting to keep him from having a good time. She left it up for Pietro to decide if he would go back with her or not.
Peculiar Little Thing
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke raised a lighter dot when Kendra decided that she was going to leave. Did he have any input here? Probably not. Well that was a curious thing. It was that Kendra had been working so hard on her naturalist trade that Burke would let it slide for now. He needed to have a full patrol anyways so if Pietro was going with his sister that would be fine for him. The large male looked at Pietro questioningly what he was going to do.

Burke didn't mind either way. He was glad that his children had their own mind and ideas. He was looking forward to when they were a bit older. Then he could really have some cool field trips with them, but then he was reminded that Kendra was probably not going to leave, well maybe some father son trip would be fun too, later once he was big.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Pietro gave a sad look when Kendra said she was going to leave. He wanted to stay, but he wanted to be with his sister, it could never be that simple though. He sighed before nodding to his sister. "I'm going to stay with dad, see you later." he said, before turning to his father with a smile. "What are we gonna do?" he asked, cocking his head to the side. Maybe they would go do something fun, or something new that they have never done together. The possibilities were endless. Father-son bonding!
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched his daughter leave and then turned to Pietro. "She has her own idea's... doesn't she?,"  he pointed out to his son. Burke then turned more to the borders and glanced at his son. "Depends on what you want to do. I have some free time right now?," he spoke. Burke stepped more away from the border an their territory. "I could show you the fields around the territory if you like that?" Pietro probably liked that, more than Kendra at least.

"I wouldn't want you to explore this alone, maybe when you are older but now bigger wolves could hurt you when you are outside the borders alone. But now I am with you. So we could look around."  Burke felt rather nice today, he was mostly nice to his children he found. He could be strict but he had his good moments. With that suggestion he gave to his son he would let him decide what they were going to do now Kendra had left.

-fade end-

Edit; wrapping it up here seeing Pietro is inactive.