Greatwater Lake Love in the dark
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian needed a quick break from the forest. He felt the constant pressure and he didn't want to set a step in the wrong direction. He told Burke he would quickly travel up to the Caldera to feel Aduin it was going to take a bit longer than he originally planned. Once he was out of the territory he blinked with the light coming into his eyes. Sebastian also realized how much he smelled liked them already. He decided to take a detour to Greatwater Lake. He needed the wash at least he found so himself.

At a casual pace he traveled, thinking about what he found out from his father so far. Most of the pack members seemed really happy with him, and looking up to him. He hadn't been terrible so Sebastian was glad for that, having a little bit of more faith in Burke's intentions. Once he arrived by the big lake he dipped himself into it. The water was cold, and partly frozen but he was used to the Canadian winters. His fluffy coat making sure that he wouldn't get too cold. After a quick soak he pulled himself from the water, shaking himself out and making the splatters fly everywhere. 

@Haven
Why sit still when there's a world out there?
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven limped along. She felt sad about not being able to stay with her brother. His pack had been too full, so he had to send her away. She could only hope that he was sad about it too. Or had she lost all of her family's trust? She was getting close to Seb though. She could feel it. She walked through the trees, light streaming onto her pelt like a silvery golden sunrise. Suddenly Seb's scent got stronger. Excitement flushed through her, but also fear. What would he say? Would he even accept her again? She could only hope that he would. But it would take time, and she knew it. But winning back Sebastian was all that she'd thought of for a while, and she was determined.

She bolted forwards, her limp staggered her but didn't slow her down much. She was still just as beautiful and agile as before. She stopped on top of a hill, over looking Greatwater Lake. And there he was. A handsome grey figure in a shimmering lake. The way the sun bounced off his silky fur, it made her smile. It seemed like so long since she's last seen him, and there he was. And then the broken girl gave a faint howl to him, alerting him that she was there. Sebastian.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian licked over certain spots in his fur as he came from the water. The fur on his shoulder was fully back with his incoming winter coat. It had taken extremely long to heal but he was glad that it healed in the first place. Sebastian had not been doing much on his medical trade while he was a loner. Such a shame really but Sebastian had a keen memory. He would probably pick it up again in spring, or maybe learn new tricks from the members of his.. pack. The smell of black feather was still there, sine the swamp and forest smelled so strong. He disliked the light scent of blood that seemed to linger in his scent now. 

Sebastian's head shot up when he heard a howl, her howl. His pale eyes were casted in the direction. There on top of the hill with the light shining down on her was.. Haven. She was alive! But.. she had left him. Instantly a bitterness rose up inside of the young male. Sebastian's popped up ears fell back. A light scowl came on his face and then he turned away from her, moving back towards Black Feather, since she was standing in the direction of the Caldera. He had not seen or spotted her limp yet because she had been standing still in his eyes. The male just walked off, having enough of waiting for her.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven's heart shattered into a million pieces. He had simply walked away from her. Scowled and walked away. She frowned, shaking her head in disbelief. She breathes heavily trying to understand why. Why wouldn't he at least talk to her. No. She wouldn't take no for an answer. She would follow him until he at least talked with her. She just wanted to hear his voice, hug him and cry into his side. But he wouldn't stand to look at her. She stood, putting too much pressure on her bum leg and helping in pain as it buckled. She could've stopped there and given up. But she hadn't come all this way for rejection.

Confidently, the young grey and golden female limped down the hill after him. When she made it to the flat ground she broke into a lopsided run. Her leg didn't slow her down, but it hurt. She winced as she chased after him, biting her lip in pain. Finally she caught up to him, under the shade of an evergreen tree. She stopped, her breaths were shallow. Sebastian stop. Please stop. Was all she could say. They were the only words that made sense. There was no need for an explanation until she knew if he'd even listen to her. Just hear her out, and then decide. At this point she was desperate. She needed her boyfriend.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian had stomped away mostly. He was very hurt, and quite heartbroken. As a male he was quite sensitive for those things. Sebastian was currently even more hurt because Haven was alive and she had totally left him. Sebastian could be quite prejudiced. He didn't see her stumbling or running. Once she called out to him he turned around with a glare. His pale eyes looked at her angrily. Slowly they fell down to her slightly swollen paw. His healer knowledge knew that it looked like a sprain mostly and that she should definitely let that rest. A sigh left his lips and he casted his eyes away with a scowl. 

"I don't really want to talk to you, Haven," he spoke. Sebastian was a good guy but sometimes even the good guy was bitter. He wondered if her paw had something to do with her disappearing. It was just so strange, they had looked everywhere, howling. Sebastian knew his howl reached several miles. She had left him with her brother. If Sebastian wasn't good natured as he was he might have left Aduin to rot but he didn't.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven stopped, holding up her paw like a wounded animal. Which she was mostly. Sebastian's angry scowl only made her sadder, she had hurt him it seemed. Well she had been hurt too. She had to make him understand why she was gone so long. She only hoped she could. She bowed down slightly, feeling like if she wanted to win him over, she'd have to be a bit more submissive. She rose again, staring at his pale blue eyes. Those eyes used to be full of beauty and love when he looked at her. Where had it gone?

He didn't want to talk. And you don't have to talk. Just listen to me please. I'm sorry Sebastian. I was out hunting one morning when I sprained my foot, it started snowing and I was snowed in. I went after you but the snow covered your tracks and I was slow because of my foot. It took me forever to even be able to walk right, much less track you. But I tried Sebastian. And you all were gone! I understand why you left, and I blame you for nothing at all. I also know that you're sensitive under all that handsome fluff, and I know that you won't forgive me right away. All I want is for you to understand. Please. Her statement turned into a laughing sob as she plead for him to listen. She loved him, and when you love someone enough, a simple smile is enough.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian let out a snort before she started talking. He sat down, his eyes falling to her sprained leg. She made all these arguments that could have been avoided. The young male's face soured, he suffered a heartbreak because she had sprained her ankle?! "For two weeks Aduin and I had been looking for you, all day we traveled further. We howled for you. We sought in every distance so that just meant you were too far away, all alone. What were you thinking. We were about to start a pack, a family. Why would you even go hunt that far and on your own!?," Sebastian returned at her, his bitterness rising a bit. 

Sebastian's ears fell back. "I don't understand that. I get that catching up with us was tough but I don't understand why you would be hunting on your own and be so far away that even Aduin and you can't find you," he stated once again in his anger. The large male had been waiting for Haven more than that they had been together it seems. Their relationship had just started, so then that long standing trust wasn't there yet. To make matters more complicated Sebastian had been heartbroken before and Haven was getting all the backlash from it. Sebastian kept the glare on his face, mostly to mask how hurt he actually was.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Sebastian's words stung like a nest of hornets. He was so bitter and angry, she began to wonder if it was more than just her leaving this once. He had been through so much in his life, so much she didn't know yet. If only she knew, maybe she could help him more. His argument was valid. Why had she been so far away? That damn deer. She'd only been hunting rabbits, until she saw an old fat deer. She thought it would be an easy kill, but she was wrong. Absentmindedly and in a childish manner, she chased the animal not seeing the icy path up ahead. The deer turned to quickly and she couldn't stop herself from tumbling down the hill. That's when her ankle snapped. The climb was too big, she'd have to find another way around. That was why it'd taken so long.

But what if Seb didn't care? What if nothing that she said could simmer him down? That thought nagged at the back of her mind as she tucked her tail a little. She wanted to make it clear to Seb that he was in control of the situation. She felt that if she was too demanding he'd only get angrier. He deserved an answer, and she would give him one. I didn't mean too. The ground was really icy and slick and I was chasing this deer I thought I could kill for sure. I didn't notice the big drop off and I hit a really icy patch and couldn't stop myself. I fell down it and that's when this happened. She held up her injured paws to show him. Her voice had remained calm, soothing to hear as she hoped he would settle down as well.

It took me a little before I could even move again. Once I could, I couldn't get up the hill without going around it, it was too icy and my leg was worth nothing. I had to take a detour. She looked at him, avoiding his pale eyes to stare at his softly breathing flank. She mostly didn't want to see the sadness and fury in his eyes, or the bitter scowl on his face. She felt terrible for how she'd been to him. But she loved him, so she would change. Anything she could change for him, she would.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian left out a huff when she started to explain but she was mostly repeating the part that he already understood, the hunt went wrong, yeah he got that. He understand that from her swollen ankle. She started to recite how it happened but he didn't care. The fact that she had been so far away from the lands they wanted to settle, on her own, and even hunting was troublesome to think for Sebastian. Maybe he hadn't known her well enough when they settled down and was she reckless and more of an explorer. When he met her she was quite a while away from her packlands. Maybe she wasn't even a right fit for him in the first place... Sebastian had a few harsh words for her to say, not only about her hunting and that she should always scan the lands before hunting but also that she hadn't been answering him. Sebastian had to take in mind that she was a year younger.

"I was committed to you, 100%. Even from the first week when I waited for you. You hunting alone and so far away from the lands we want to settle tells me that you maybe aren't ready. I want a mate that stays with me, that I know will be around, is there for me there for me and I can be there for her. You were out of my reach and you didn't even tell me. You're young, maybe you should travel more and see different wolves before you can truly settle," Sebastian spoke to her. "You told me how it all happened, frankly I really don't care, I can see your injury clearly, I do not need to know how it happened. What I do care about, and what hurts me, is that you were so far from me in the first place and to think I was going to ask you as my mate. You know, there is a thing that partners do, it is called communication. I didn't even know you were out hunting in the first place. Not even a sense of direction where you could be," he spoke. Sebastian shook his head. He kept his pale eyes on her but she wasn't looking at him.

"This might be all very unfortunate but I have been hurt before, and I am kind of done with females making me feel like shit. I don't believe in the word sorry, if you want me back you better show me that you are committed. But seeing that I joined another pack now I don't think I have time for you," he stated, being actually quite mean but Sebastian had suffered quite the horrible heartbreak and it had been oozing even more bitterness into his large body. As sweet as Sebastian could be, when hurt, he wasn't quick to turn around and make up. "I can't keep waiting for you maybe you should wait for me for once."
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven listened intently. Everything he said he had the right to say. She knew that there was nothing that she could say to make him understand. Maybe he was right, maybe she was too young, maybe she couldn't handle him et. But she didn't care. She wanted him badly. She wanted nothing more than to hold him and cry. But she couldn't, she stood up stronger, preparing to defend herself. She took a deep breath, composing herself. She finally turned her gaze up towards his eyes, looking straight into the blue inferno. Her heart pounded in her chest, but she stood up straighter.

Sebastian. I want to be with you ok? Maybe you're right, maybe I was restless and I was too young. Maybe I was out hunting so far away because I was scared. I was scared of the commitment. I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't want to make you feel so bitter. I know you already were bitter, and I only added to the pain. I have had my share ok? You don't think I hurt too? And I don't care that you've been yelling at me, I don't care if you hate me and never want to see me again. I will never, ever, stop wanting you. I will wait as long as it takes. You might not have time for me now, that's fine. I've been alone before. But so have you, so you know how I feel.

She stopped to breath, she had begun to suck in deeply, trying to keep from sobbing. Stand up straight, show him who you are. You can be done with me if you want ok? A day, a week, a month a year will go by and I might not see you, but I will think about you every hour of that year and every year after that. Someday you might have a different female and I might have another male, but I will still think of you because you were my first love. I will never forget the sunrise that morning on the beach, and our awkward conversations on the wall and our time playing in the river. I will never forget leaving you that day and realizing how much leaving you hurt. I don't want to leave you again, but if you would be happier without me, I will leave you.

The beautiful female held a tearful gaze, sucking in again to keep from crying. She loved him so much. She said these things about leaving him alone if he wanted her to, but in truth she didn't know if she could. It would be hard, nigh impossible turning around right now to never see him again. Her yellow gold eyes shimmered like the sun, her tears swirling around like reflective starlight. She sighed again and finished, Say something damn it, I love you and I don't want to go! Her cry came out more as a soft whisper than an angry yelp. Her entire body was trembling, but she held her gaze, waiting for him. It was all his decision now. 

Damn that almost made me cry xD This is such an intense thread!
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Aww feels!

Sebastian's face was stoic, almost like his brother's permanent look on his face. The young male listened to the female, quietly. She wanted to be with him and it was as he had expected she had some problems with committing to him. He wasn't blaming her for it before he was two he had no interest in females or committing. She was that age when he hadn't been interested. He just wishes she had told him that, so they could work on it and take it slow, maybe they shouldn't have instantly wanted to start a pack. It looked like she needed to cry, Sebastian kept his face emotionless. He didn't want to be her shoulder to cry on because he had to draw a line. She might be hurt too, but if their relationship already broke after she had been away for a while then it wasn't a solid one. For Sebastian it seemed the best to demolish the foundation and maybe eventually start a new one.

Her second part of the story was touching, because they did have good memories too. But for Sebastian those were overshadowed with how things ended. There was one part of him that was still interested in her. He liked her and he couldn't just stop that. Only now his like for her was blocked by his anger. Maybe there was still a chance for them both but they would probably have to work on themselves first. He stayed quiet after she talked until she called out that he should say something. What was there to say? That she should leave? What she would bump into another male? Sebastian wasn't really sure what to do, he didn't want to get back together either. She loved him. Sebastian stepped back, ears falling back too, not in anger but more in hesitation. "For the last two months I thought you were dead... I am not ready to go back in a relationship since I am still quite heartbroken. I think you will need some time too to just have you leg healed and to just think about you want to be really committed. I'd rather not want you to join the pack I am in now. It might be better to just take some time apart. Take a break. I have other things to deal with first. Once that is settled more I might be willing for another talk. Just a talk."

Sebastian didn't really want her to find out about Burke or what he had done. Maybe he would tell her later but now he didn't feel like explaining to her why or what he was doing. He felt that living in Black Feather Woods would give him another perspective on things. It might also make him heal more from the inside with what his father had created by leaving making him less bitter of a wolf. Sebastian knew he could be quite melodramatic at times, which was mostly fueled by his bitterness. Hopefully he could work on that fact while being in his father's pack.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Haven had finally broken through to him it seemed. He had stopped being angry (kind of) and was more willing to talk calmly. A halfhearted smile appeared on her face as she sniffled in her tears. There he was again, the Sebastian she was more acquainted with. The calm and helpful one. She nodded in understanding, proud of herself for not breaking down completely. Some time apart. That's fine. It's not a good bye, just a postponement. She thought, instantly beginning to long for the future when they could have that talk.

Ok. Just a talk. I can do that. At least maybe we can be friends again. You know I'd love more, but i agree. We should take it slow. I just don't know what to do now. I have no pack. I guess I'll just have to go find one. She stopped talking, realizing that he probably didn't really care where she went from there. Really she was just thinking out loud. She turned back to him and smiled again, be strong, be beautiful, be happy. No matter. I'll be ok. I'm sure someone will take me in. I'll probably try to stay in between you and Aduin, so I can know if you call. Thank you Sebastian. Thank you. She dipped her head respectfully, still longing to run over and hug him. Not yet. Give it some time.

Lol I really have no clue where to stick Haven now xP
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Well Sebastian didn't say which pack he was in so she could most definitely try to join Black Feather, deal with Burke and find out his 'secret'. >D Or be a loner till a spot opens up in RHC!

Sebastian looked at Haven sniffling, his pale eyes just looking at her. It might sound horrible but seeing her cry did help with him processing this whole heartbreak. She was crying over him instead him crying over her. It felt good that she at least cared enough to stick around. "You probably should with a paw like that," he spoke to her, but then there was the issue that packs might not accept her with a paw like that. Sebastian wasn't sure if he should feel guilty or not. It wasn't like he could take her to black feather. 

He was surprised when she thanked him because he was not sure if he deserved a thank you. He had been rather mean to her. "How is Aduin, I was meaning to go to him but then I ran into you," he pointed out to her. He would probably try and visit Aduin in a few days again. So it wouldn't be suspicious that he was leaving again. Those wolves in his pack weren't crazy and they were probably keeping an eye on him. He didn't want to create more trouble for himself.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Oohh I like that idea, after this thread I could start one for Haven and Burke? Haven joining the Brotherhood would be really cool and a plot twist haha xD

Haven was glad that they were talking now. Thankfully they had gone from angry yelling to more of a friendly chat. Sebastian mentioning her foot made her feel better. It made her feel like he still cared for her, worrying a little about her dumb foot. She smiled bash fully, looking down the the twisted lump that used to be her beautiful foot. It seemed to have healed right on the outside, but putting to much pressure on it hurt like hell. It only appeared to be a smidgen as bad as it actually was. But she could get around on it fine.

Then Seb brought up Aduin, her little brother. She nodded and replied, He's good I think. We talked for a bit, I apologized, it went well. I only wish I could've stayed with him a bit longer, you know, gotten more acquainted and everything. But he had a pack to get back to and I couldn't join. Besides I wanted to come see you before I settled down anywhere. The thought did make her a bit sad, but she almost would rather stay with Sebastian than go back to Aduin. She loved them both, but in different ways. Aduin was her little bro, she'd do anything for him. But Seb was... Special.

He seemed pretty confident too! You must've really rubbed off on him. The grey and golden female added with a slight wag of her tail. She had definitely missed these friendly conversations with him.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
She would need to get accepted first and currently another wolf is trying to join too xD

Sebastian glad pleased to hear that it was going better with Aduin. He listened to Haven, how she wished she could spend more time with him. The male shook his head a bit. "Yeah well that is because Aduin is in my old pack," he stated in return, though one thing confused him. "Why couldn't you join?," he asked, disregarding the fact that she wanted to come an look for him. Sebastian knew that Haven wanted him back by now but he himself was not ready yet so he was not going to comment on it. 

"He almost had a nervous breakdown after I had to tell him that you and Maja were gone," he stated. "I had to take him under my wing and show him. He was not going to survive otherwise. Did you ever think about that? I know Aduin survived on his own before but the heartbreak could have killed him. So you better not leave again, specially not him," he stated. Sebastian felt a bit of his fire returning. He didn't feel like yelling at her but it happened. He was still angry about being left. Maybe he should just cancel his mission and go back to Black Feather.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Aww man! Well if it doesn't work out and Haven can join, I'd love to try her in DB. But of course if not that's fine and we can still have her having an encounter with Burke :)

It was full, or at least that's what he told me. Haven replied sadly, shrugging her shoulders in an 'oh well' manner. Sebastian's next words hurt again. But they did make her think. She shouldn't have left. It was a awful thing to do. That one deer wasn't worth the painful consequences. Sebastian I won't leave again. Leaving hurt too much before, there's no way I would even think about it again. I won't hurt you again. She added, staying cool and calm to mediate out his fiery attitude.

She sighed and looked up at him. He looked so handsome standing there, and she wanted nothing more than to hug him and to call him hers. Not yet. She thought, deciding that she should change the subject. So what happened to Maja? Why did she leave you and Addie? She asked, hoping that her sister had a decent excuse. If Maja had simply left Aduin with no reason, Haven would find it hard to face her knowing how sad she had made him. This must be like how Seb felt.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
She could always try to join DB indeed, she might not know it is full.

Sebastian was so relieved to hear that. The male had accepted a place into the brotherhood without knowing that the Caldera was full. Now he felt less guilty for accepting the spot in the brotherhood. He didn't tell her about it though. Then she became all sappy about that she wouldn't leave again. Sebastian would have to see that instead of believing her right away. They relationship had been rather at the beginning of things, and Sebastian didn't have much time to further bond with her at their new location. Maybe that was why it all clashed. Maybe there had been too much change instead of settling first. Being in a pack together.

His face fell into a frown. "I don't know. I haven't seen her after you had left too," he pointed out to her. Aduin had seen Maja but Sebastian hadn't seen her yet. He had a good word for her too when he saw her again. He was quite fed up with the girls leaving them. "I think I am going to go," he stated. "I'd say dip that paw in this cold water to lessen the swelling and it might hurt but with a sprain you need to move that muscle otherwise it will grow stiff," he pointed out to her as some last medical advise. It was not much but that was the most he could do for now. Spraining was always difficult and more hurtful in the long run than a break.
181 Posts
Ooc — Zoe
Ok, just pm me and I can start Haven and Burke a thread! I'm excited to see what happens with that :) Last post for me

Haven had already known that Aduin had seen Maja, but her brother hadn't seemed to want to talk about her. She'd simply have to find Maja on her own, but not now. She too was a little angry with her sister. Ever since they'd met again Maja didn't really seem the same. They had become distant it seemed. And at the moment Haven's top priority was finding a pack to call home, preferably one with a healer who could help therapeutically with her foot. Maybe she'd go find her old friend Ilya, or Pearl. But Ilya's pack was probably closer. Or maybe she'd find a pack even closer to Seb and Aduin. 

She nodded as she listened carefully to Seb's advice. She did as he told, dipping her swollen paw in the freezing cold water. She shivered at the sudden cold, it felt like millions of tiny needles tickling her foot. She kept it in though, she trusted Seb with his medical advice, she did remember him telling her about his healing trade a while back. It had been when she was coming back from the first trip they went on. They were at Overture Downs swimming and climbing on stuff. It had been great fun. Maybe someday they could rekindle that blazing flame.

Oh trust me, I'll be doing s lot of moving around on this foot. Places to be I guess. Well I'll try and stick around here, I might try to join a pack or something. I have some friends around who might be able to help. I'll miss you though. If you ever want to talk to me, just call. And take your time. The young female shook her flank out a little and stood, preparing to leave. She gave him a friendly smile, she was kind of satisfied with how the conversation had turned out. I'll be waiting for you this time. She added before turning her back and limp walking away, her fluffy white tipped tail swishing behind her.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Me too! I will archive!

Sebastian looked at Haven, not really wanting her to go but he had to be strict and he had to show her a tougher him that wasn't going to be pushed around by her. Maybe that was not what she was intending but Sebastian wanted to make sure that statement was clear. "Alright," he spoke in agreement. He wondered if Haven was really going to stick around or if she was going to find a pack to join and get better. It would be quite the skill to get in somewhere while injured. Oh well. Hopefully the next time they would meet it would be better.

Sebastian looked over her and then casted his pale eyes away. He gave her a nod in goodbye and then ran off, but instead of going to Black Feather he went in the caldera's direction. He would loop around later. He didn't want Haven to find out about his current living place and his father. He might be okay with him now but he wasn't sure how much Burke was going to like him when his ex girlfriend would show up to see him. Hmm, nope he better kept those two wolves separated. With his heart beating so fast the male left the premises.

- end -