Porcupine Ridge YO. KYLE. WHAT DID YOU SAY BRO.
housewife, also prepared to fuck you up
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
I'm sorry I keep naming my threads after stupid vines... @Taggarik <3

Freezing cold and dripping wet, Jhala had found that frozen streams were not easy to break and that the world was cruel and stupid. She had found herself a nice warm corner of her den (after hydrating accordingly) and snuggling there until she was dry enough to venture back out into the world and hopefully not get sick. Still a tad bit damp and smelling extremely strongly of a wet dog, the dark female made her way out into the territory for a bit of fun. She was rather bored and trying to find some way to dry off further, she hoped someone would be out and about this afternoon with hopes of play!

In her search, she let out a low bark to let the wolves of the territory know she needed some social interaction, and hoped one would join her. Would they hunt? Spar? Roll around in the snow? Who knows! Jhala nipped at the fur on her shoulders to satisfy an itch as she waited curiously for a packmate to decide she was worth their time.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
That's ok, I name mine after whatever I see laying on the desk. Lol.

Earlier, he had paused at the borders and cast his gaze outward. He felt temptation tingling in his toes, but it was too soon on the heels of the blunder from his last trek out for him to go again. So, the black wolf turned inward and loped away from the edge of his kingdom and into its heart, where he heard the the bark from Jhala.

"Hey," he greeted as he located her and closed the distance. "What's on the go?"
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Taggarik appeared, and Jhala was thrilled that she had someone to socialize with. She lowered herself respectfully and wagged her tail at his showing, her eyes shining with excitement. "Absolutely nothing," she replied honestly, shrugging. "I was hoping for some company," she added, tilting her head. She didn't knew what Tagg would want to do, but she commented hopefully on the two things that she was best at. "I've been meaning to do some hunting, or get some battle practice in," she smiled to him, her tail still wagging with a pup-like eagerness.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
"I see," he hummed with a nod. His flesh was well suited to battle; travel-hardened and dense. But unlike she, the black wolf did not bare a single scar to speak of combat, for he had done little more than spar and had been fortunate to never be left with a reminder of past hunts. He considered her options, his gray eyes casually roaming over the contours of her figure. He thought briefly on the encounter with the trespasser, and decided at once which of her suggestions he was more inclined toward.

He did not give her a chance to ready herself — he rushed her, jaws open and the devil in his eyes as he sought to tackle the delta to the ground if he could catch her by enough surprise.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
real quick roll, 1 she dodges 2 he gets tackle. just to get a headstart of where we going with this :L
2 oooooh he get tackle 

Rushed so quickly, Jhala found that she was caught off guard. She had seen him move and had reacted, but not quick enough. His impact found her shoulder and the ground found her other, snow just barely cushioning her fall. Although upset she'd let the attack catch her, the girl was by no means discouraged and continued on. Had she landed on her back, her hind-legs might've kicked up in an attempt to dislodge him from her; but she was on her side. A possible option now was a bit harder, and she needed to react quickly. 

Moments after hitting the ground she knew what she needed to do, her body shifting it's weight quickly in an attempt to roll from his grasp. If her attempt worked, she had escaped gracefully and leapt quickly to her feet, bracing herself for another attack. Jhala would feel pleased at her size, glad to be slightly above average for her breed, it allowed a disadvantage for most females to be removed from her side. If he had held her down, she would've decided to nip at his chest, wiggling harshly in an effort to dislodge him instead.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
haha!

He suddenness lended him success; connecting at her shoulder, he used his mass and momentum to push her down into the snow as his thick limbs sought to pin her. But Jhala was not about to take his tackle and relent so easily; she made a quick recovery by rolling out from his grasp, and he sprang backward, momentarily disengaging. He grinned at her, with his tail swinging tantalizingly from side to side and his eyes daring her to come at him.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
ooooo gurl. Come at him she did. 

The dark girl knew he was braced for an attack, but that didn't stop her. She let out a playful growl before she began to circle around him, eyeing him as she chose a time and place to attack. He was larger than her, but not by much. He was muscular and appeared to be well-trained, but she couldn't be sure. (As I often make my characters do..) Jhala decided she would go for his legs and side, if at all possible. With as little warning as she could offer, the wolfess made her move.

If he had remained in place as she circled, she would lunge for his hind legs and stomach (hopefully avoiding his teeth). Her move possibly could have taken the air from his system and caused him to stumble and fall. From there, she would hop on him with the hopes of pinning- but this early in the fight was unlikely. 

Had he shifted his body to her moves, she knew her previous option was out of the question. Instead she would leap at his chest, using her front two paws to grab at his own and sweep them from his feet. Had she succeeded she would again attempt to pin him.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
He knew enough to not afford her his back or his side; as she circled around him, he turned in his tracks to keep his shoulders squared toward her. Since no other option presented itself to her, she charged him head on. He was braced, his muscles coiled, and he met her one step ahead of where he had stood. She tried to sweep his forepaws out from under him, but as one paw was taken off its perch the other would land and compensate, until their paws were engaged in a strange sort of dance with each wolf determined to keep their feet.

He pressed his weight forward, holding his ground as his teeth sought to capture her muzzle.

Fun story: I based this off how hard it is for me to sweep my dog off his feet when I need to him to lay down for something, like so I can doctor his paw. It's like pulling teeth from a gator LOL. Sometimes I think he has invisible extra limbs holding him up that I can't see.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
She didn't move him from his stance, and the girl was frustrated to say the least. In her movements she found his legs were constantly planted, and currently she was just pushing against him with all her might- she probably looked kind of stupid. His teeth did find her muzzle and in acceptance that she had no other moves in this sutuation(that she could think of in such a lighthearted spar) she nipped back at his own muzzle in an attempt to back away from him. If she'd succeeded in this smooth escape, she would dipped her head in acknowledgment to his move and brace herself for his own attack. She felt she was a better defensive anyway, perhaps. 

I wish I could say the same for my dog omg. She's a little goober and if you go for any of her limbs she's on the ground wiggling around in confusion. Dogs are strange creatures lol.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
lmao. My dog is such solid, lean muscle and he's so damn agile. Even if I get him on the ground I blink and he's back up like... I don't even know how. Magic of some sort I suppose lol. But he mostly does I think as play, because once he realizes I am serious (like I need to fix up his paw) he kind of relents and just lays there for me.

His grasp on her muzzle was fleeting as she slipped his teeth and returned the touch of her own, using the stolen moment to disengage from him and back out of their stalemate. Her nod was acknowledged with one of his own and for a moment, both stood waiting. She could not be goaded into coming at him again; she played the defensive, and so the black wolf took up the offense. He issued a lighthearted bark and charged at her, lifting up a forepaw to bat at her nose.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
haha omg. What kind is he? I'm imagining like a hunting dog for some reason. My family used to own German Shorthaired pointers. (: Right now though I've got a 2 year old lab/aussie/ GSD mix. She's still a puppy lol
Also I'm really sorry I suck at fighting. Half the reason I made Jhala was to get better at it. :L

He thankfully didn't invite her to charge again, she wasn't quite sure how to approach him again. He was far sturdier than she'd expected and unless she was trying to seriously injure him she was a bit a loss. Perhaps she could ask him afterwards, she decided. 

This time though, he charged her. Her mind fell back to the day she and the tawny Beta had spent together and she dodged to the side eagerly. His paw batted at her nose as she moved and she found herself following his more light hearted attack and ducking down into a play bow. Her rump wagged along with her tail as she returned his bark- deciding she was in the mood for a cat-mouse sort of game. If the male had decided to play along, she turned and trotted away, waiting to see if he'd follow chase or was done playing. If he started the chase, she would bolt; although somehow the girl wasn't as speedy as she liked to think.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
haha! That's what he is, a German shorthair, 2 years old :) and no worries, I suck at fights too. It's difficult to picture things, and people picture things different so, meh, I don't know lol.

The leather of his pads connected with the leather of her nose, before she ducked out of reach, assuming a play bow position. He mirrored her, dropping suddenly into his own bow with a soft whump as the snow was cast slightly to the sides of him. In the next breath, their spar had turned into cat-and-mouse, and the black wolf, now the cat, engaged willingly. Several barks did he throw at her backside as she trotted away, spurring her into bolting ahead of him as he thrust himself into pursuit. She ran, and he chased, slaloming through the fresh powder.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
!! Eep (: That's wonderful. They are smart dogs, my dad used to take ours (Bailey and then Coco) hunting all the time before they passed. 

The girl felt as though she was extremely fast, but she was bulkier than most females and therefore a bit slower. She was still enjoying herself a ton though, and continued her pursuit through the snow with tongue lolling. Her feet sprayed the powdery substance all over behind her, and Jhala couldn't help but let out a few barks in return to him. She ducked through trees excitedly, her tail trailing behind her.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
I love him to pieces lol. He's an excellent retriever, but his pointing needs work. He is steady, but he tends to bump birds more than point them; I think he's too distracted. He just blazes through the woods like his feet are on fire lol. He'll get there I'm sure.

This chase continued for sometime before the black wolf threw himself into longer strides with more power driving them; he felt the pleasure of his muscles working to eat up the gap between himself and the delta. Drawing nearer, his teeth flashed at her tail and then her flank before, with an excited yip, he pulled abreast of her and then swung in, trying to take her off her feet. Though, if he could, momentum would take him down too.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Oh goodness. I love dogs. Full of surprises and so much fun to teach things to. My current baby has no training in hunting but my younger brother and I always try to teach her dumb tricks.

By no means slow, the girl was definitely not as fast as Taggarik. He caught up soon, and she ended up waving her tail in an attempt to get it out of his reach; although that failed as his nips soon found themselves among her rump. She let out loud yips as he did so, and soon enough he was making his final move. Leaping towards her feet, she tumbled down with him, rolling a bit as they fell. 

When settled, the dark wolfess panted happily on the snowy ground, her tail thumping on the ground as she looked to her alpha. She gave him a curious woof, licking her lips a few times with exhaustion from their run.
287 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Me too! I've been teaching mine to pick up his toys and drop them in the box. He pretty much has it down now :) I am going to wrap this up because I just started another one for us when you are ready for it! No rush.

They rolled and tumbled through the powder, and once free from the tangle of limbs, the black wolf continued to roll through the snow, kicking and snuffling with carefree joy. Soon, he was spent, and he lay on his back panting for several minutes, his lips drawn in a lazy grin, before he stood up and shook himself. He glanced to Jhala.

"That feels better," he commented, stretching out his forelegs and arching his back as he stretched. "I'm going for a walk, maybe see if I can stir up a snack," he said. "Coming?" He invited her with a sweep of his tail, and then off he went, with or without her.
480 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
!! That's adorable. Occasionally Chloe will close doors when we ask her, but she's not amazing at it lol. And sounds good, I'll archive this!

The pair laid panting like a pair of goobers in the snow for a little while. Jhala felt so much better than previously, and she couldn't help but feel even more excited that it was Taggarik who had come to join her! He raised himself, and she looked to him, rolling quickly to her belly as he stretched. He offered a hunt, and she nodded eagerly to him.

"I am a bit hungry," she replied honestly, her tail wagging as she got to her own feet. She didn't stretch like he did, but as she walked she raised her legs to pull them out a bit; it saved time she liked to think. The pair went off to hunt, and Jhala was far less bored than she was when she started.