Phoenix Maplewood joining
6 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Eponine reach the borders of a wolf territory. She had been surching for days and was happy she had found it. She stood at the border for a few moments, unsure about what to do. She decided to howl and hope someone heard. She then lade down and waited.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Reek sighed after hearing yet another howl summoning him to the border.  He dropped the bone he wa gnawing and reburied his cache before setting off to seek it's source. There had been so many stragglers seeking asylum from the winter lately. Needless to say, it was getting old. He hoped for a swift end to winter, thus ending all this incessant knocking at his door.

He exited the thrush with an annoyed huff and stared down the stranger with grimace that could kill. There was something about the stranger that was familiar to Reek, but he chalked it up to her simular coloration to his mate, however, this unfamilar wolf's marking were less striking and more subdued. Taking a few steps forward, Reek's gaze did not falter.

"Talk," he commanded. "You have 10 seconds to explain why you're here." With that, he began his mental count down. Ten, nine, eight...
6 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Eponine stood up when the wolf came. She stayed low to the ground, her ears flat agenst her head and her tail was tucked under her. It took her two seconds to realize what he said before she nervously scrambled to explain. "My name is... Eponine. I came here... in the hopes of... joining your pack." She stared at the ground as she spook. She then stayed very still unsure of what else to do and waited.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Her body language was fine. She held herself submissively enough to bring no quarrel, but her disjointed speach needed to go. "Don't stumble, you're wasting time," he quipped sharply. There was something about a confident tone that Reek respected, however, there was a fine line seperating a respectible level of confidence and an unnacceptable level of arrogance to which Reek would percieve as a threat. Acceptance was a difficult game to play.

His mental countdown continued, and she finsihed on two. Of course, like everyone else, she wanted to become a part of Phoenix Maplewood. It wasn't difficult to understand why; they were a strong pack, a shining beacon in a wintery wasteland. "Why?" he asked. "What makes you special?"
6 Posts
Ooc —
Eponine looked at the wolf. She didn't mean to stumble she was just so nervous. She thought for a moment about what made her special before replying, this time she didn't stumble. "I'm quick and light on my feet. I also have a very good sense of smell and keen eyesight, and my ears are very sensitive." She thought for a moment before looking at the ground as she continued. "I might not be very physically strong but my speed and senses are very strong." She looked back at the wolf, her eyes full of hope that he would except her.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Her youthful eyes would be marred by the weight of the world, Reek was sure of it. They all turned dim eventually. He wondered, briefly, if he would be the one to break her by possibly turning her away. It would be a kindess, an act of cruel-mercy, to show her here and now that the world was not a kind place. But, he did not dismiss her yet. She spoke, and while Reek found the rationale she presented to stay unremarkable, Reek was willing to allow her a single chance to prove herself.

"Show me, don't tell me," stated Reek imperatively. "Can you fight?" He dipped his body low and braced for a coming brawl. This would be her test. The first move would be hers.
6 Posts
Ooc —
Eponine was frozen. Did the wolf really just ask her to fight him. She Didn't like fighting, but if she had to she would. She reasd up a little and bared her teeth. She let out a low growl. Her eyes searched his body for a weakness. Finally she decided on his neck. As quickly as possible she lowered herself down and lunged at his neck just under his chin.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Crap post is crap, but I wanted to keep this moving!

Responding with a growl of his own, Reek prepared for Eponine's coming attack.  His muscles went taut, coiling tightly like a savage beast before a kill.  He would not aim to maim, nor would he fight with his usual savage intensity, but he would show this prospective joiner no mercy. It was a savage way of handling things, but it was the way of the north.

She lunged, and Reek quickly countered by throwing his head downward to protect his exposed neck. He could feel her teeth lightly scrape against his face, and had this been a real fight, he would have felt a warm trickle of blood run down his face as a result of his hasty defense. But, the blows they exchanged remained safely in check. No blood would intentionally be shed.

After wriggling away from her snapping jaws, Reek charged forward, intent on levying a counter attack. Attempting to grab hold of the scruff of her neck with his jaws, Reek would shake her down into submission.
6 Posts
Ooc —
Eponine moved too late. The wolf had got the scruff of her neck. She didn't struggle, instead she let out a small wimpier. She felt awful, she had lost her first fight. In a small voice she said."I don't know how to fight. I know how to bit and that's it." Eponine didn't know what to do. She hoped the wolf would have mercy and let her live. If not she hoped it would be quick. She closed her eyes and hoped.
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Sorry about Reek's jerkassery, feel free to try and join one of the other packs! I'm sure you'll find a better fit for Eponine!

The stranger went slack in his jaws and her fate was finally sealed with a cowardly whine. Reek did not seek to inflict harm upon the prospective joiner, this had only been a simple test to gauge her worth to the pack.  Initally, Reek had such high hopes, but ultimately, the stranger failed to back up her words with action. A capital offence in Reek's eyes. By failing to prove she could walk the walk she so proudly talked, she had lied to Reek.  

He would show her one final mercy.  He would let her live, but not grant her entrance to the pack that was his family.

His jaw slackened, and he let the stranger pull free.  "Then what use are you?" he grumbled, unable to hide the dissapointment in his voice.  "Leave this place, you're no longer welcome here."  He lifted his tail high and his hackles bristled. If she did not take her leave now, he would chase her out with the aid of the rest of his pack.
6 Posts
Ooc —
Eponine slowly backed away from the wolf. She felt awful. She didn't know what to do. So she turned away from the wolf and walked away. She took one last glance behind her at the wolf before she ran away.