Sunspire Mountains I fired, than I missed.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Set at Hushed Willows. AW :)

As days dragged by, Leo's yearning to see what was beyond the slopes began to grow. The feeling was engraved in his heart and it was useless trying to ignore it. He was growing older and still had lots to learn. There was so much more in this world to discover, he figured wandering just outside their borders wouldn't be a crime.

Leo trudged in the blanket of snow, making his way beyond the boundary, taking his demons with him. He howled out to @Asterr and anyone else that was within earshot. Maybe someone would come along and teach him a thing or two about defense or hunting. The boy needed knowledge of it one of these days. He was so far behind in that knowledge.

The youngster traveled downward and into a forest. Remember these? one voice said, referring to the draping trees. Just like the ones at his older home. A memory engraved in the back of his mine. It bought a sneer to his face.

Leo walked on, listening to the silent whispers of both the wildlife and his altered imagination.
”the voices”
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Popping in since they haven't had a thread in a bit ^^

Though things were being planned, she'd yet to carry out her desire to seek council with the neighbouring pack. Perhaps it was uncertainty that drove her to put it off, the risk that her actions would only worsen the situation. While such thoughts were worrisome, she also found them to be quite exhilarating. It was not fear she felt, but it was close enough to seem just as new. Even still, she was a peaceful being by nature, and held no desire to cause tensions to arise between the adjacent lands. Thus, her trip was in need of being planned well. Every scenario, every detail—everything needed planned, even down to the last little step. They had not been around as long as the others, and so she needed to be especially careful. She knew not their numbers or even how they lived, and so she knew not if her tribe had anything to lose if the meeting was upset.

Asterr's mind had been plagued by such thoughts and bothersome scenarios up until the point in which she'd heard a howl ring out, the voice being one she recognized well. Knowing that she'd neglected her responsibilities towards the boy by placing all of her focus on Ryūjin, she set out to find him, her search taking her beyond the boundaries of their claim. The realization of such bothered her, her instinct to protect him being tossed into overdrive. It was a wonder as to why he'd decided to leave, for she'd been previously concerned that he might never strive to explore beyond their home. The story behind his scars had to be enough to frighten him, she had thought, and yet his scent still led outside of the tribe's land. He truly was one of the strongest wolves she'd ever met.

When Leo had finally been located, the dragoness approached slowly and greeted him with a gentle nudge against his shoulder. "What has led you all the way out here?" the yearling inquired, a smile on her maw. It was obvious she was not upset with his actions, but curious instead.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Leo turned around as the gentle nudge of his companion met with his shoulder. It was delighting to see the familiar face of Asterr after all this time(which seemed liked forever to the paranoid youth). With Ryūjin officially formed, her face had become scarce. Leo knew it was most likely because she had the whole tribe to care form and he should seem so selfish. Still, it didn't stop him from wanting to see her kind face.

He paused after her question, thinking up an answer that would make since to him. "I'm curious," he replied, nodding his head to the statement. "I've never seen what was on the other side of the mountains and I wish to." A wondrous curse had taken over, just like any wolf his age. The yearn to travel burned through him. A longing to see what was pass the markers shined through. Yes, there was the travel here to burn out the fire, but instead it fueled it. Leo was always curious, from the day of birth to now. There was way more to discover.
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
They say curiosity killed the cat, and yet to lack the drive that pushed them to investigate seemed impossible. From the moment she'd met him, Asterr had both longed for and dreaded the coming of the day where the boy was pulled away by wanderlust. To force it away was futile, that much she knew, and yet to embrace it was difficult. She had grown attached to the boy, viewing him as her own from time to time, and found the idea of him leaving to be troubling at best. Alas, she was well aware that she could no better hold him back than her parents had been able to with her. In the end, the need to obtain more knowledge, to see what else awaited out there in the world, would always win. And so, she smiled at his words, the expression faint but genuine all the same.

"While I wish you would have taken a chaperon along with you before crossing the borders, I am happy to see that you are interested in the world." It would seem as if the cause of his scars had not made him fearful of the outside, which was something she was oddly glad for. "Tell me, have you seen anything of interest so far?" The girl's pace was even, slowed down in order to move along at his side, while her gaze would drift to the side of his face every now and again. As much as she enjoyed his presence, she knew the time had come for him to soar away from the nest. Soon, he would no longer be a hatchling, but before then she needed to prepare him. Ready him for the dangers of the land beyond their tribe, and share with him some of the knowledge she possessed.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He could understand why he needed somebody with him with these kinds of things. In all honesty, Leo didn't really know how to care for himself yet. No hunting or fighting skills out there proved to be living on the edge. Without Asterr, he would surely be dead by now. It was the exact reason he needed to learn.

"Well," he started, "I met a couple of new faces in the tribe. Jolon and Winter. Their really nice to me." The two were indeed very kind souls and nice to be around. That was one big thing he loved about this place. It was the total opposite of most of his old homes. He had yet to see anyone holding a darker demeanor here.

"There's also this entrance to a forest place in the volcano. I like to spend time in there and listen to all the noises. It calms me down."
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The dragoness smiled as he shared his findings from socializing. The two wolves he'd met were kind, she knew, and she was glad that he thought the same. "That is good to hear," she offered, the joy in her tone genuine. There was no one within the tribe that shared his age, so she'd wondered previously if he'd be able to reach out and make friends with the others. Thankfully, it seemed he was more than capable of such, having made two already. "Perhaps Jolon could assist in your training, if you ask him." She knew the dark male appeared to have an interest in hunting, so maybe he wouldn't be against aiding the boy in his lessons. Noctura, too, could possibly be recruited, but she would not bring that up until after the two had met.

"The cavern?" she asked. "Have you found a place within it that you most prefer?" She had discovered her own space that was favoured over the others quite quickly, and wondered if the boy had been given the same chance to do so.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
The idea of having training once more put excitement in his soul. Leo had been anticipating the day when he would be able to learn more things. He was especially waiting for hunting. Hunting alongside with the pack seemed fun and a right of passage. "I would love that," he hummed.

Her next question was somewhat difficult to ask. Favorite place in the cavern? He loved many places and didn't know which he preferred. "Hmm, I'll have to say my sleeping spot," he answered.
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Asterr's proposition seemed to please him, judging by the tone he'd then taken to using. That, in turn, pleased her. It was time he start to learn, after all. She had put his lessons off for too long, concerned over what that would then mean for them. No longer, however, did she worry. He was growing into a fine young man, and with his growth came the need to look after himself in case of emergency. There was also the matter of his future—for, as it stood, who would seek out the romantic company of a male who could provide not even for their self? Such was still a long ways off, or so she hoped, but that didn't lessen the importance of his lessons. "If you are interested, I, too, could help," she then said. "I could teach you how to go about hunting on your own, which prey is best to target." Maybe she could even teach him of hunting birds like fowls and the like, though that would have to wait.

The girl chuckled softly at his response, though the sound was meant to go with him rather than at him. "I can understand why," the dragoness noted. "Many draw comfort from their place of slumber. Such spaces are meant to be protected and safe, they are meant to make one feel relaxed." If someone was uncomfortable in the place they slept, then that home simply wasn't for them. "Do you ever think of leaving the territory indefinitely?" The question came suddenly, but with good intentions. "To explore the lands around us, is what I mean."
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
He smiled and nodded. "That sounds like fun," he answered. Exciting as well. Asterr was and would always be the best wolf to look up to.

The next question seemed to come from nowhere, but he didn't mind. "Well, I really do, but I want to know how to fend for myself first," The boy knew with his dwindling knowledge, he could be hurt out there. It would be smart to learn how to hunt first at least. "But I wouldn't leave forever," he added, "I just couldn't do that."
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The offer was accepted, which made her quite glad. She would not simply stand by and watch as the boy grew, but would instead have a hand in raising him. Like the others of the tribe, she would teach him—after all, what else was family for? The time was not yet there for her lessons to begin, however, as winter was still around them. Once the warmer months arrive, the girl would be quick to begin her teachings. Until then, both would simply have to wait.

Asterr nodded as he spoke, listening closely. It seemed as if he did possess an adventurous soul, but a rational one as well. He wasn't the type to rush into a situation without considering the dangers, which was a trait she valued. "I am glad to hear that you will never leave for good," the yearling murmured, feeling a sense of ease wash over her. In the beginning, she had worried he would someday leave her, but it was made quite clear to her in that very moment that the bond they shared would not allow for that to happen. "Perhaps I will bring you along on one of my journeys in the near future," she chieftess began. "We could consider it to be a lesson from within your training." In other words, they could claim it was for learning purposes, and then go out to simply enjoy themselves.
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Fade next post? Also short post so we can get this archived :)

His eyes brightened with excitement with the thought of traveling with Asterr again. It was fun the last time and the boy had learned many things. Things he wouldn't know if he stayed in one place. "Yeah! I would love to come on journeys with you."
”the voices”
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Done~! Some pp, ehe.

It would be interesting to travel with the boy again, probably even more so than the first time around. Wounds would not be holding either of them back, allowing for the duo to reach even greater heights together. The mere thought excited her, already picturing the brilliant sights they were bound to see. "Then it is settled," the girl concluded. "Once you have progressed a bit in your studies, we shall take a journey together. To a place neither of us have seen before." The coast, maybe, or somewhere further north. She knew not just yet where they would go, but she knew they would see some wondrous things.

The girl's muzzle tilted towards the sky briefly, taking note of the time before looking back to Leo. "For now, however, let us return home. Tomorrow will bring with it much more to see." With that, she steered the younger back in the direction of the dome, leading them home for the night.