The Sentinels lavender's blue, dilly dilly
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Joining 
Joining! Not sure if there's room, but Donnelaith is my first choice for Goldhawk so I'd like him to try out anyway, even if it means being rejected due to lack of space. ^___^

♪ Oh I’ve marched ‘cross mountains high as clouds
an’ sploshed through rivers deep,
through sandy shores an’ forest shrouds
an’ lost my beauty sleep. ♪

A pleasant, cheery voice heralded the presence of the singer, who was making his way up a long brown-green hill dappled with morning sunlight. The voice came first, then the wolf. This was Goldhawk, a warrior bard with a lavish coat and jolly disposition, mid-travel as he ventured onwards to find his fortune.

♪ So as the future draws in close
an’ as horizons near,
I’m followin’ my good ole nose
… but what is that I hear? ♪

Goldhawk's long ears perked up straight, and one forepaw hovered in mid-air as he paused. A wolf howl... he heard it, distant and yet not-so-distant. It wasn't a very important howl, with little messaging in it — perhaps it was one wolf summoning another, or the call for a small hunt. But it meant one significant thing: a wolf pack was near. Potential was imminent.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante heard him before he saw him, a curious tune that cocked the Beta's head curiously.  Stories the large wolf had heard all through his childhood in plenty, but music was another matter.  Aside from the music of the call, he had very little exposure, and he found the practice odd.

Already unsure of this wolf he now guessed to be a bit eccentric, he approached warily but not aggressively.  Odd didn't mean dangerous, and the cheerful tone told otherwise initially. "Looking for something?" He asked, watching carefully as he did so.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Shortly, Goldhawk was greeted by a packwolf as he'd anticipated — but he hadn't dared hope that the one to meet him would be such a warrior-looking chap. Big and confident, the grey male stood before him a curious sentinel, and Goldhawk's expectations skyrocketed. He didn't want to jump to conclusions, but it looked like soldiers might be welcome in this pack.

A home, good sir, he exclaimed in cheery reply, immediately dipping down into a low and elaborate bow of respect. A place to fight for, to sing with, and to rest my weary wotsit.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
and he's a hare too omg ;.; why are we full!?!?

A home.  Though Dante sensed he was taking a quick liking to the man, he had to shake his head somewhat regretfully.  A few weeks ago he might have jumped at the chance to recruit another, especially when they were so wanting for defenders.  But the sad reality was their pack had already grown large enough.  Keeping track of the memvers would become an impossible task if they added many more.

"I'm sorry, but we aren't looking to take on any new right now."  He paused.  "But you are practiced in fighting?" Damn.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Yay, a fellow Redwall fan? <3 Also, is that Kappa rank not up for a cheeky bit of snatching?

Goldhawk looked up from his long, low bow, gazing the bigger chap right in his barrel chest. His heart was tempted to sink a bit at the news, but he was a Sanders — he could take it in his stride. If there was no room here, he would find another pack... and hope to be greeted by a chap or chappess as fierce-looking as this one.

But in the meantime, battle-talk seemed to be on the cards. I'd say so, wot, he announced in the same warm tones as earlier. The name's Sergeant Horatio Finnian Sanders — Goldhawk to all but the birdies. You probably haven't heard of me, he admitted, but you can probably hear I'm bally disappointed by your pack's pesky plentitude.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
no sadly :( we have someone snuck down in Omega so that technically outs Kappa! And omg yes I was obsessed when I was younger.  Still like to reread <3 the hares and the squirrels were my favorites!

He could turn a smart phrase, that was for sure.  Dante was slightly thrown by a few of the terms but in general found his demeanor quite agreeable.  Double damn.

He did not mention what a shame it was, their pack being in somewhat sore need of the warrior variety, for it wasn't in him to admit such a thing even in the face of a friendly stranger.  But the regret was likely clear from his own tone. "Well met.  I am Dante, Beta of this forest."  He smiled a bit at the simplistic contrast... He had held titles once, but none worth remembering now. 

"I can't call it a bad thing, we are a loyal bunch, but it is a shame we can only support so many.  I'm sure you will make a pack a lucky addition.  Looking to settle in the area then?"  He was curious, though doubted he could help much.  Things shifted so much and many of the packs he knew of he couldn't really recommend.  Almost as a rule, his relations were tense at best with every one.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Ah of course, silly me! Hehe tiny Behati, smooshed at the bottom. I love the squirrels also. And badgers pls.

Although enjoying the exchange, at the back of his mind the young soldier was keenly aware that this leaderly-looking chap was probably a busy sort, and Goldhawk didn't want to waste his time. It was ever so jolly for a pair to blether like this, but probably not on the borders eh? Still, it was not his decision to make, so he decided to linger until dismissed.

Dante the Beta, hm? Not a Lord then, but a dapper upper echelon for sure. Well-met indeed. He gave a warm nod of his still-bowed head. I do love me a bit of loyalty — and gosh I might say this landscape is more than a touch handsome. An idea struck him then. What if I were to travel around a bit, have a chinwag with neighbours, and maybe get back to you in the hope you might have a bit more room later down the road? I could find myself a bit of blubbery fish, fatten up the waistline in preparation for a bit of the ole reclusin', wot wot.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"That it is,". He glanced about appreciatively, then focused back, worrying teeth with tongue as he considered what the man proffered.  There wasn't a huge downside to it.  He would not be dwelling in their territory, but having him nearby would be a good opportunity should one of their number depart.  It was perhaps an unkind thought to his current packmates, but it was a possibility.  Eilidh showed no desire to follow her brother's example, but Casmir was an adventurer.  Tachyon, Raven, and Eigma were unknowns to him.  He had no measure of their longevity.  And Behati was, well... Behati.

"I see no problem with that," he responded, cracking a smile.  "So long as you steer clear of the forest proper, the marked lands.  There's a few other packs in the area."  He had yet to go have conversation with their nearest neighbors, so could offer little advice.  But if Goldenhawk (lol) found another home in the meantime, so be it.  The chance at least was there.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Goldhawk returned a flashy smile to Dante, who seemed like a good old thing, to be perfectly frank — it was early days yet, of course, but the silvery Beta had the air of a noble soldier, not one of those namby-pamby savage types. Jolly good show, he agreed with the deal outright. He wouldn't be so naive as to think he could be comfortable outside of a pack for long, but he'd make the best of it, and would incorporate himself into some other pack if this one seemed like a lost cause.

He hoped it wasn't, though. He was already starting to feel the slightest tingles of loyalty towards it. But that begged a question unanswered, so he gave another submissive lowering of his head and asked the question: One final thing, me old Beta buckaneer, if I might be a further bother — what's the name of the loyal pack you've got here?
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Dante was glad he accepted and would now leave things to chance or fate, depending on which you believed in.  If he returned once spaces opened, wonderful.  If not, Dante would simply assume he had chosen to reside elsewhere, and no harm done.

"It is called Donnelaith," he obliged, the somewhat foreign name rolling with an accustomed ease off his tongue. "I will inform our Alpha of what we spoke of."  He would let @Lasher know when next they talked that the male was looking for a home and would possibly be lurking around the surrounding area.  It would serve dual purpose - let him know of their potential recruit and also have another pair of eyes watching to ensure he didn't take advantage.  Dante trusted him, but he wasn't naive.  "Again, it was good meeting you.  Good luck."  He gave a nod of farewell, hoping the man would run into no trouble anytime soon.
wot wot
195 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Donnelaith... ah, the word already reeked pleasantly of a whole lot of loyalty. Goldhawk would hold out for it as best he could.

Thank you, the talkative chap went for an uncommonly minimalistic response, shooting Dante a crooked smile. He waited respectfully for the Beta to begin his departure before he himself rose, then he was off — with a flourish and a hope.