Blackfeather Woods I call to you, my Beta.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Private 

Burke realized that he needed help a few weeks ago with the influx in new people. Now the stream had calmed down Burke thought he could calm down too. He wasn't getting any younger and seeing that he didn't feel Damien was ready yet, he was almost there, he went over the members that he would trust being his beta. He didn't have to think long because instantly Nemesis sprung to his mind. She had been good with Kendra and picked up several loners on the borders when he was busy. It would most definitely save him time and it would give him more opportunities to go outside of Black Feather. He was leading for a long time but the death of Meldresi was still weighing on him, he never mourned and he could feel it eating from his insides. Always working, or being a dad for Pietro and Kendra. He liked to be there more for them, especially after the Sebastian fiasco. Those pups needed to learn the right lessons. With having a Beta he could also focus more on being a mentor and therapist for others. It was decided. He howled for Nemesis.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
omg all the pm's, I feel so special xD

Her mind was still troubled by the words from Sebastian, though she convinced herself she really didn't care. Had he been right, she wasn't dark enough..? She obviously was, Burke had seen it. But what did he see that led him to say so? She needed to know. Thank god he had left, or been kicked out by now that she didn't have to see his annoying look alike face anymore. It was bound to happen, and she was more than happy. She didn't know how Burke was dealing with it, but she only assumed he was fine with it. Though, if there was to be a call for a man hunt, she wouldn't blame him.

It was then, she was summoned, her feet traveling faster than her thoughts, even though he mind was working quite estrangely to pick out the source of the summon. Had Burke noticed something? This couldn't be about her and .. Kove. It just couldn't. It hadn't been that obvious unless someone had seen what happened in the forest. Pushing away the thought diligently, she greeted the Alpha like nothing was wrong. She didn't ask what she was called for, assuming Burke would tell her right away. Their influx of members had caused her to take some matters into her own hands, and she hoped he wasn't mad about it. It was just her nature to be commanding, though ultimately it was Burke's authority.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched her approached and greeted the dark sister back in return. He did not know about her inner insecurity that Sebastian caused. The male was just glad that this was over with, after all it seemed his judgement was lacking these days. Maybe it was because he was tired. He had sat down by now, and he stayed seated not worried about Nemesis knowing that she was a loyal member of the pack. She had been here for awhile now. "Nemesis. Welcome," he greeted. "Well I won't linger on the topic. I'd like you as my Beta," he announced to her. Nemesis had been right that Burke would always get straight to his point. The male was not one to waste any time.

"My single leadership since Meldresi's death has taken an toll on me. I realized I can't be everywhere at one and that I should have trust in one of my members first. I am not getting any younger and I need a Beta that can help me out. I was considering Damien but I first want him in the brotherhood, see how he does with that before possibly giving him a shot a leading this pack too." Burke looked at her, hopefully she would be proud of herself that Burke trusted her so much. He knew Damien was almost ready. And he couldn't wait to see him ride to his rightful place but now, Nemesis was better for that spot. "That means you will be a lot more in charge you have been on top of the ranks for a while know so I know you have the authority. I can spend a bit more time with my kids and work on my other trades. Take it down a notch. I realize work is not everything especially when you are over sox years of age. So, will you accept my offer?"
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Beta. Ah. She was oddly calm at first, until reality set in. BETA?! He -- she mentally sputtered, her eyes widened noticeably, though her body reminded frigid under shock. Damien was her first thought, and how he would react to the news before she remembered she still had to say yes. It was immediate and without hesitation, "Yes!" It was a tad bit over enthusiastic, but she could not help it. "I mean, I'd love to," She regained composure. It seemed like such a long time ago she had been that deranged girl what hollowly showed up at their borders. She, this, it was her ultimate goal. And she did it. SHE DID IT. FUCK YOU HATERS. She cave the metaphorical middle finger to that past she had left behind.

She listened intently, her eyes not wavering from him. The fact that she came in such high regard to him was astounding, she had no idea. She knew Damien would rise to power himself, one day. But it was her time right now. She supported inducting Damein into the Brotherhood, and would be pleased to see it through. It wasn't like she didn't like him, he was greatly valued to the pack in her eyes though previous encounters made it seem otherwise. She would be more in charge, though, which drew her attention away from Damien. Even though she had actively taken on her own responsibilities, this made it official. She had real authority, and she wouldn't abuse it. "Thank you," She genuinely smiled. It was wholeheartedly real, he voice without the usual coldness. It was soft. She understood the need for Burke to take his children as priority, they needed him, she could see. It made her happy, admiration, everything was just good.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was pleased to see that Nemesis was so happy about her promotion. He could remember well when he was promoted to Beta. He felt extremely important. Nemesis would definitely be put to good use, he knew that she wasn't going to abuse her role, and if she did Burke would end it just as quickly. But seeing how long she maintained her Gamma rank he was not worried. Other pack members were liking her as well. Burke was still clueless about Nemesis and Kove and how their relationship had developed. Now it was more focussed on Nemesis. "I'm glad you accept. It will lift some weight of my shoulders for sure," he admitted to her.

"Don't be afraid to come with me for questions or howl for me. I want my mentor trade and I am here as a leadership mentor. I know you have not led before but you show promise. I am sure it will work out," he spoke with a nod. Burke could be appreciative it just took a while. He was also glad that she hadn't started about Meldresi or Sebastian, with the latter he didn't want to think too much about it. What had he been thinking? Luckily they hadn't explained him anything about the dark brotherhood, just that this was its name.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Do you just want to fade it here or keep going?

She liked helping, she just did. It gave her a sense of importance, though this new rank did just that. She never liked to flaunt superiority, and probably never would. Though she was proud, of herself. And she was proud of the pack. He was right, she had not led before but she would do her best to do so, while she could. She had worked on her communication skills and she was almost there, being much more sociable than she had been a few months ago. It had been so long, and yet it hardly felt like that. It made her grateful, and she wouldn't forget it.

She nodded, remembering that Burke was also a counselor as well. It wasn't the first thing that came to mind when she thought of him, but Burke was their only one, and she knew she could trust him. "Your trust in me means a lot," She was honest, for sh had never expect it from anyone just a few months ago. "I won't let you down," It was almost the same words as her DB initiation, and she had fulfilled. While being the Beta was completely different, she would not fail. No, she refused to fail.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
We can fade it here! Thank you for the quick thread <3

Burke nodded shortly when she spoke. He believed in her, otherwise he wouldn't have promoted her. "Of course, Nemesis. You worked hard and were there at the borders each time. I can appreciate such determination. You earned it," he spoke to her. With that message delivered he howled for the whole pack that they had a new Beta. They might as well know right away. Plus when he wanted to leave to find Osprey then he could say away for a few days. Not sure if his kids would like that but he wanted to see the female again. He knew she was alive now, or at least... head out of a bit do some scouting himself.

Burke nodded to her. "I will keep you updated on everything," he assured her. Burke then trotted off, feeling a bit better now he gave some work out of his paws. It was a lot for him to deal with seeing that he wanted to do everything by himself but he wasn't a super hero and he knew that was not going to happen.

- end here-