Blackfoot Forest It's hard to love others
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Joining 
If you're needing others, set after your claiming thread! Love Conquers All <3

Samuel was quiet as he traveled, large paws covering the grounds. He had been cast out for a few months now, his girlfriend who he hoped to make his mate left him even before that. The poor boy was downright depressed. Love wasn't something he could handle much more of, although his sweet demeanor could tell otherwise.

With a loud huff, he shook off the thoughts of her and moved on. He could never love again, no he would just be burned again. But what was that saying he was always told? It's better to love then lost then to have never loved at all? Pssh, that was a complete lie. Who the hell could say that to him?!

Growls dripped from his dark lips, he approached a scented area of land. He felt his tail wag a mile a minute, he had found a border! Hopefully this pack would let him join since it was winter still and he was in need of a home and fast too! Who wouldn't want a large wolf like him? Big, strong, young- he was in his prime!

Opening his jaws, a long and melodic howl escalated through his windpipe, a beautiful song.
[Image: giphy.gif]
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
goodness gracious i absolutely love the pink. i feel like someone hates it- but it's so pretty!!

While patrolling (one of the first of many!), Aaron came across a new scent. It was manly, he decided, and not to far off. His ears perked with interest and he continued along the border, posture rising to a more dominant one. Soon he heard a howl, one that appeared to request himself (or one of his packmates). He obliged, of course, and made his way to the male.

The pale brute stood tall, assuming his position as the packs Alpha. If this male could not tell that, he was not an asset to this pack. Aaron let out a huff of air, looking the other up and down with interest. His gaze soon fell upon his face, and he studied him another moment before he spoke, eyes unmoving. "Greetings. What is your business here?" he asked, sounding neither hostile nor friendly yet.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Samuel was quiet after his howl. He hadn't expected a wolf to appear so quickly to meet him, he was actually excited. However, the light colored wolf held a stature of dominance. He seemed to either be a beta or an alpha, his greeting was somewhat cold and warm. In-between was a good word to use to describe.

Samuel took a few steps towards the male to respond louder. His hackles were flat and his tail rested against his leg. "Salutations. I don't mean any harm, I just mean to travel along the border. However, I saw your border and wondered if you needed any recruits for the pack here."

Samuel didn't wish to come off as needy, no that would drive the alpha to not accept him. He gave a gentle smile towards the other male and thumped his tail in a soft wagging manner.

Short reply, sorry
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
no worries!

Tail waving slightly behind him, Aaron gave a slight nod. They were in need of males, and this one seemed healthy and handsome enough. He studied his face for a moment before speaking again, voice unwavering. "Perhaps," he replied firmly, as if to not let much information about the pack out. "What can you offer us?" then came his question, head tilting slightly to the side. They needed a number of trades in the pack, some of which he didn't think his current wolves were interest in. He hoped this male could offer such to him, but just because he couldn't didn't mean that he would be chased from the borders.

Aaron waited patiently for a response, still neutral in his opinions.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
After his reply, the male seemed to nod at Samuel's words. A small victory cannon went off into the large one's head, he had said something right. The next thing the man asked was what could Samuel offer. Quickly the boy thought of words to say. What could he offer to this pack here?

"I can offer my strength in hunts or battles. Healing trades are being worked on, along with my scoutings trades. I know it may sound childish, but I am also strong with being a counselor."

Samuel believed in moral, happy wolves were healthy wolves. Hopefully the male would see these traits compatible with the pack here. With his large size, Samuel had his spot in battles and spars. Protecting what was his and who he cared for was something he could manage. However, he was best at talking. Just giving advice to those who needed it was a strength.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron's ears perked, and while he tried to stay neutral at borders he could not help but show his approval in the mans words. "We're in need of a healer," he told him, his tail dropping slightly and wagging behind him. "May I ask your name? I am Aaron, you are currently along the borders of Rosings," he then stated, deciding that he quite liked this brute and his talents. A small smile graced his face next, amused with his words. "I do not find it childish. If you would like to know anything about children, I recommend you talk to me- I specialize with them," Aaron continued, still smiling. He was in charge of training the youth into functioning adults... eventually, anyway. He was quite fond of his trade, but no pups were in the pack and instead he was left to train Claudia, the youngest member of Rosings.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
The man seemed pleased with Samuel's words, his ears were perked up and his attention seemed a bit more curious rather than suspicious. He let out a silent breath in relief. The large boy relaxed even more when the male spoke once more, his tail lowered the tiniest bit and wagged. The boy happily mirrored his.

He was asked his name by the other, he claimed himself as Aaron. Currently Samuel was along the borers of the Rosings pack. That was good, he was aiming for a border. "I am Samuel." He replied softly, not looking into Aaron's eyes.

The next statement by Aaron was that Samuel's trades were not childish. They were in need of a healer and being a counselor wasn't a bad thing. The remark made relieved the boy, he wouldn't be poked fun of it like his siblings did to him before. Aaron went on, he spoke about his specialization in children and that i the boy wished to know anything, Aaron would be the one to go to.

Samuel nodded his head, a smile gracing his dark lips. "I appreciate your offer of knowledge Aaron." 
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron dipped his head to the other man, "Samuel," he repeated, "Quite fitting for you," he added with a flick of his tail. Part of his tactic was flattery- had you joined him on each of his border meetings or recruiting errands you would find he complemented each wolf in some form or another. "I would quite love to have you join my pack. My name is Aaron, and you are standing beside the border of Rosings. I would also have you agree to our terms, if you wouldn't mind hearing them," the man told him, his ears cupping as he studied Samuel's response.

"We function in pairs. You will be assigned to a woman as your mate, and you will have no choice in her. The idea is that you both will encourage one another to be more active in the pack, as both of your ranks depend on the other," he explained with a raised eyebrow. 

"Do you agree to these terms?"
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Samuel said the right things once again and the man seemed please by them. Aaron repeated the name, flattering the boy about how it fit. Samuel smiled at him, his name wasn't heard around very much from these parts. Aaron explained how he would be happy to have a boy like Samuel in his pack, the boy couldn't be happier. The terms though made it a bit harder.

He would be assigned a mate and he would have no say in it. Samuel quickly drew the line at that statement. After his past of mates, how could he dare love someone once again? Cheated, back-stabbed, lied to- how could his poor heart patch itself together once more?

He shot his eyes down towards his paws, shuffling them uncomfortably. He did hear through about Aaron's deeper explanation. The rankings of the pack would be determined by your match and the two would try to encourage one another to be active...

Samuel gave a nervous chuckle to Aaron and looked towards the man. "Could you.. give me time to learn about my mate though? I have been burned by many women in my life, and going back to loving someone would be hard." He explained softly, a tad bit embarrassed.

"Could I maybe...get time to know her better than rush into it?"
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Aaron nodded, but his tail flicked with agitation. Someone could not be so bold to question his methods before he had even had a solid chance to test them out- no? He waited patiently until the male finished speaking, and then shrugged. "That is not up to me," he responded. "You will have a month in the pack before you're assigned to any female as your mate. It is your job to interact with the other wolves in the pack, if you don't do that and get stuck with someone who you do not know very well- it is your own fault," he finished, watching his facial responses. "You will be paired to someone I and my co-alpha Amara believe to be compatible- who you are around often goes into consideration."

"As for women- we do not tolerate any sort of 'cheating', if you will, in this pack. If you find your mate is unloyal, report it and it will be dealt with," Aaron informed him, tail still waving back and forth. 

The pale man stood, shoulders rolling once or twice. "If you will abide by these rules, I would be pleased to announce you as our newest member." He smiled, awaiting a definite answer.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Short post

Aaron went deeper with his explaining of the pack, Samuel nodded his head to show he was following what he was saying. It sounded like a good plan, he would have to meet the others though and expose himself before being assigned a mate after 1 month. It still sounded fast, but he could adapt.

He let out a silent sigh and looked towards Aaron. "I think I would be happy to join this pack of the Rosings Aaron." He replied, smiling softly. His burned heart could find love again, it just had to. Samuel was too sweet of a boy to let go of love forever, he would give it another try.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
! Last for me. I'll rank you up (:

Aaron smiled to him, dipping his head. "This is wonderful," he replied. He stood and stepped forward, placing his nose on the man's shoulder and inhaling his scent. He assumed that Samuel would do the same. When the two had exchanged, he stepped back and motioned for the newest member to follow him. "I will show you around," he told him, smiling kindly and beginning off.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
I'll archive, thanks for accepting Sam :D

Aaron was pleased with Samuel's answer, he walked forward and placed his nose to his shoulder. At first the boy tensed up, but soon relaxed and mirrored the other. The two then parted, it was official; Samuel was accepted into the Rosings. Aaron went ahead and offered to show Samuel around, the boy agreed silently and dipped his head once more in thanks.