Blackfoot Forest l'amant
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
her little radiant child, she had gone away, and madeleine awaited her return as tensely as a bowstring. while part of her knew that aaron would tend claudia well, the woman was innately mistrustful, as she had been following the horrible events at the theatre. even now she did not like to recall it, and claudia had put it wholly out of her mind.

quietly, the woman wandered through the wood, aimless now that her purpose had flitted away to pursue other things for the day.
71 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
*snatches Ebony threads*

Faramir had decided to take a break from hunting the foxes for a bit and go exploring. The forest was truly enchanting, and he had forever to soak in every last inch of this place. He didn't know if Aaron had even gone through the entire forest - he'd be glad to have an exploration buddy if someone would be willing. 

He came across a female; small, red, and looked about his age. His interest was turned, there was another wolf to talk to! He made his way over to her, giving a low chuff in order to not scare her. "Hi, I'm Faramir, I'm assuming you're exploring as well?" he asked with a kind smile.
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
HI THERE FRIEND

as she sniffed delicately at the frozen grass, she was accosted by the beta male of rosings. rosings. such an odd name. he was handsome enough, with lovely green eyes, but unfortunately madeleine was unswayed by his charm. nevertheless, she dipped her head to him. "bonjour, monsieur," the woman murmured, her accent gilding her words with the proper elegance in which she had been raised. 

"i am madeleine. i joined aaron's pack with my ward, claudia." there. he need not ask anything else of her, madeleine decided, keeping her features arranged in a sweet expression.
71 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
HIHI FRIEND

The accent and different language startled him at first, but he tried not to let it show on his face. The sophisticated and elegant sound was almost soothing to his ears. 

He took her answer and expression as a prompt to keep talking, and that he did. "Ah, Claudia, the young white-furred one?" he asked, trying to remember her when the pack had gathered.
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"yes," she said, her features becoming radiant with the mention of claudia. for, you see, the girl was her singular pleasure, her singular joy, her singular purpose. without the girl, the frenchwoman would be quite empty, bereft. louis had tasked her with such, and though it had been some long years since she had seen him, she would not fail in this.

"you are our beta, oui?" given the nature of rosings, with its male ruling class and intentions of arranged mateships, madeleine was immediately suspicious of his friendly interest, though she did not show this. she herself had no aspirations to be a simple little wife, but she fell into step alongside faramir, slim muzzle reaching to take his scent.
71 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Faramir had to smile with her, for her radiance was almost infectious. It seemed like she really cared for the girl, though she herself was not her mother. He had not encountered such connection before, and it intrigued him. 

"Yes, though I didn't have much choice in it. I rather got it because I was the only other male at the time," he said with a laugh. They set out walking, just walking to who knows where in the territory. No matter. He enjoyed her company. "So how did you come to find Aaron?" he said.
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the only other male, as if a woman was not fit to lead! there was amara, of course, but madeleine knew nothing of the woman. yet she kept her maw carefully shut on the subject, and smiled at the man. he was admittedly quite handsome. "he found us, rather, wandering in the first forest he had chosen for rosings. a very genteel man," madeleine added, falling into step alongside faramir. "and what of yourself?"
71 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
sorry, been busy XD

A previous forest? Was this beautiful place not the first choice? Faramir noted to ask Aaron about this later. He merely nodded with a smile and proceeded to tell his side. "Oh, I just happened upon the still unclaimed territory a few days ago, and met Aaron there. Good guy," he said.
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
no prob!

their tales of aaron were similar, and therefore dreadfully boring. madeleine moved alongside faramir, but she had nothing to say that would be of interest. yet she cleared her throat and attempted it all the same. "what do you make of these ... arrangements that aaron intends to make among us?" her tone was gentle, light; but in truth, madeleine did not at all approve.
71 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
The topics discussed were incredibly boring-he approved over moving on to the more serious matters. The concept of arranged marriages were foreign and odd to him, and he was still on the fence about it. "Well, it does seem a bit rushed for two wolves to be out together, I have to say. But I think Aaron and his partner will make good choices with our mates. I hope." he said, the last part being more of an undertone. "What of you?"
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
faramir seemed to trust in aaron, and madeleine nodded firmly. if they were to be part of rosings, they must do so. "it is an odd idea, but no so foreign. where i am from, girls of the nobility barely older than claudia are often married off, with no say in the matter." had the woman skirts, she would have smoothed them and sighed. 

settling for the latter, the redfurred maiden offered a warmer smile to the man than before. "i trust that you have many choices." do not choose my ward, she begged silently.
71 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
The idea was so ludicrous to him that Faramir looked at the French maiden with a mix of shock and disbelief. "Really? That young?" he said. No wonder they came away. 

"Well yes, but it is hard to choose. The weight of responsibility is great for that matter, choosing a mate for life. But to ease your mind, Claudia is not part of the lineup." he said with a kind glance to the concerned nanny.
26 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she nodded. "indeed they were, but of course they were not expected to ... " here she hesitated, as her upbringing had swayed her quite away from talk of such things. she hoped that faramir would take her meaning, and pressed onward. "thank you for that." she is too young.

madeleine smiled then. " it is irregular and a bit bold, but perhaps i might distract you from the heaviness of choosing for a while? we will discuss more diverting things, if you would like."
71 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
just gonna wrap it up, thanks for the thread <3

Faramir gave a dramatic sigh or relief when Madeline suggested other topics. He grinned at her with all the goofiness he had, and they proceeded on throughout the wood, exploring and talking about the little things.