Neverwinter Forest english fire
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
AW for any NWF member

it was not a polite man that stalked down from the sentinels into the packland beyond. he had caught wind of the gathered wolves on recent explorations -- a grouping at this time was not to be trusted. sending a howl skyward to alert @Dante, @Blue Willow, and @Aria of his intentions -- he would travel to the coast another time, but soon -- lasher headed into the weald.

the scents of wolves were thicker here, and it was with steeled gaze that the man found the borders and waited coldly at them, impassive and with a great lack of his usual warmth.
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Their borders were not officially claimed yet, but each day the group of wolves strengthened them. Their numbers were growing, and the dark agouti man saw little reason to postpone their claim officially for much longer. Three had been brief discussions with their neighboring pack -- nothing that had left him with a poor taste in his mouth, given having put up with interesting neighbors before. But one could never be too careful.

Prowling his borders, the large wolf came upon another waiting at them. His own face was no more than a stoical mask as he approached, his nose telling him this was not a wolf of the mountain. Regarding the dark wolf, Scimitar gave a nod. "Can I help you?" To the point -- it was how he always was.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the man who soon attended was large and hale, easily outweighing taltos himself in matters of muscular bulk. yet the druid stood tall, showing deference to the clear borders while maintaining his own stance. "you intend to settle here," he stated coolly. "a territory divides us, and yet i am not so keen on having more neighbors, not when the last have brought us harm. i must ask what your intentions are."

a beast who avoided confrontation by nature, lasher nevertheless had brought it to this man's doorstep. yet the fate of donnelaith was his responsibility -- his alone -- and he would do what he must to ensure their survival.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Hope you don't mind me! Blast from Lasher's past??? <3

Between patrolling the borders, hunting small game for their caches, and spending time with Kieran, Kaskara was a busy wolf. But that day she had set out to mark their borders again, to make sure their scent was fresh for any wolves thinking to travel through the forest. Neverwinter was soon to be claimed. She turned from marking a spot and traveled inward, and finding her brother's scent, followed it again toward the western perimeter.

There she found Scimitar speaking with another wolf, a dark brown wolf she knew from a past life. What he was doing here, on the coastal side of the wilds, she didn't know. But his face was familiar, as were the words that lingered in the air between he and Scimitar. Kaskara stopped beside Scim's side, nudged him gently to alert him to her presence, and turned a much gentler and mature gaze upon the druid of the plateau, followed by a nod of greeting. "Lasher."
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Amusement would have sparked the male's features had his own irritation not been sparked by a visit from a white Alpha upon the Silvertip Mountain. The audacity in the creatures of Teekon Wilds was intriguing to him -- but not something that put him off from his current goals.

"We're here to settle our family." It was a succinct response that was given as Kaskara sidled up beside him, and as she mentioned the wolf before her by name, his eyebrows lifted in silent question. Scimitar was not here to quake at his neighbors -- his pack had survived worse than them. So, giving a pause to allow the two to greet one another, his own question was to point. "Since you've decided to come to my home and question my intentions, I'm going to return the favor -- what are yours?"
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he watched the brawny man until his attention was diverted and softened by the appearance of a familiar face. "kaskara," the man murmured, offering a brief smile to the woman who had come up from his memory to greet him here. his gaze shifted to the man. while kaskara and the inhabitants of the plateau had managed their disagreements, he recalled her as a loyal creature.

"to inform you that a vagrant band of pirates has newly settled upon the coast and at least two of them are attacking wolves along the shoreline, and in my pack also. that is my intention." he left unspoken his need to gaze upon the settlers and adjudge their hearts, but kaskara's presence had changed that for the druid. "to my knowledge, they have not ventured this far inland, but if they are so brazen to assault long-settled encampments, then no wolf is exempt."
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara hadn't seen Lasher in nearly two years, but she remembered the man as a wise and gentle wolf. Even though she had acted out in her frustration and anger, blaming Junior's supposed death on the then-healer of the plateau, Kaskara had since apologized and made things as right as she could between herself and Blue Willow. However, seeing Lasher here made her pause. "Your pack is no longer on the plateau?" she asked softly, wondering how that had come to be. It wasn't totally out of character; after all, Scimitar had moved the creek wolves to the peak, and when that had been destroyed, they'd move to the grove. Wolves were agile and adaptable creatures.

But the idea of a band of marauders on the coast, near where they were making their home, was an unsettling thought. Kas glanced toward Scimitar, wondering if he would be open to an alliance with Lasher like he had been with Saena's pack when they lived in he grove, before turning her gaze to Lasher again. It was not necessarily her place to bring that idea up, and so she remained silent for now, knowing she'd ask Scimitar later what he thought of the idea.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It would seem their mountain neighbors would not be their only problem – a band of ruffians along the coast could also prove to be problematic, and Scimitar’s eyes drifted to study Kaskara, his heart reeling at the thought – she was hoping to start her own family soon too, come the time, and his teeth set on edge at the thought of them being in just as much trouble as his own brood had been within the grove.

“We appreciate your efforts,” he murmured then, allowing Kaskara’s question to slip past then – the darker wolf seemed a more reasonable sort than the ivory Alpha he had dealt with thus far – waiting upon their borders, and harboring discussion rather than glares and insults.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lasher turned his gaze toward kaskara, who stood at a vaunted place beside the man. "too many painful memories walked the shadows of that place," he said simply, for how could he explain that the grief following the death of the supposed junior would ultimately be turned into true murder against the girl? 

"it is my responsibility to inform all of those would cause us harm," he rejoined, a tight smile moving momentarily across his face. "i am lasher, leader of donnelaith. we live in the encampment of redwood trees nearer the coast."
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara understood Lasher's sentiments, how haunted memories were almost too much to bear at times. She would have never forced them to remain near Bazi's pack for that very reason. Kas nodded, ears flicking toward her brother as he thanked Lasher for the news. Then, as it wasn't her place and the two males spoke, Kaskara remained silent beside her brother, simply listening. She appreciated Lasher's efforts to come there and tell the of the rogue pack, and even of his own pack's location.

That meant the world to her, especially knowing Blue Willow was there, and possibly others from her past. Hearing he was the alpha, her brows creased, but she did not ask what had happened to Peregrine. Last she heard, he was still alpha at the plateau. But again, Kaskara had been gone from these parts for many months, and things had a tendency to change quickly.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The dark man seemed weary – Scimitar was perhaps not the most perceptive, nor was he the most talkative, but he could at least appreciate that despite his original formation of thoughts against the dark wolf, that he did seem an honorable man. And one that his sister did not seem opposed to.

“Scimitar Frostfur – Alpha Male of Neverwinter Forest.. my mate is Eshe, and our Beta is Kaskara, here,” he gave a brief nod to his brown sister, knowing the two acquainted, but pointing out her title. “What information do you have on this band of pirates?” He hesitated thus far on offering assistance – primarily uncertain if Kaskara thought such a thing was a good idea. They were small but held a few warriors – but more importantly, he knew his sister would be looking to start a family soon, and he did not wish to do anything to place such a thing in jeopardy.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
scimitar. he felt that he had known the name at one time, but it had slipped thus from his memory. perhaps he was growing forgetful in his advanced age, he joked to himself, and the attitude of it lightened his features. "the male who attacked us was strong, hale. the woman was masculine of features, palefurred. they both acted quite madly. her mouth was torn in our fight to rout them. i know not if their attack was ordered, but they were dangerous." 

lasher paused. "that is the extent of my knowledge, i am afraid," he admitted, glancing between the two of them.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara glanced at her brother as Lasher explained the situation, describing the wolves involved in the attack upon his own wolves, and his lack of other knowledge about them. She wondered if he would be willing to go into any sort of alliance with this pack, like they had done with Saena's pack many months ago. Would it be beneficial to them to even offer such a thing? Kas smiled softly as Lasher finished his tale, and nodded. "Thank you for your honesty, Lasher. You can't know how much I appreciate your warning."

After a pause, she continued. "Is there anything we can do to repay you? We have seasoned warriors and guardians within our ranks." She glanced at Scimitar again, wondering, before turning back to Lasher. "My brother and I have entertained the idea of beginning a warrior training academy in these wilds before. Perhaps now is the time to consider it, given the wolves hounding your shores and the ones at our backs." She gestured toward the mountain with her muzzle, her gaze darkening.

"I know I haven't had a chance to talk to you, Scimitar, but now seems to be the time to start this training school." Kas shifted her gaze again toward the alpha of Donnelaith. "Perhaps we could teach some of your wolves, too, if its warriors or guardians you need." It was something she had thought about before, something she promised Eshe she would do when it came time to bring forth the next generation of Frostfurs here, but now seemed as good a time as any to get this started.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Kaskara offered their services – likely something that would have best come about after the Neverwinter Forest leadership had discussed the ordeal at length – but yet the wolf was before them now, so he could sympathize with her desire to put the offer out there.

His ear gave an idle flick as he awaited in silence, a small nod given to the Beta at the mention of the training moving forward. “Training needs to move forward now more than ever – especially with the Silvertip Mountain wolves,” he murmured, though his gaze directed itself back to the dark male. He made no secret that they were not on best terms with the Mountain wolves – it was best to be honest upfront, in case the wolf called Lasher was. “Do you know anything of our neighbors, here? They aren’t overly..” he paused, trying to determine a politically correct path. “Thrilled at our presence, you could say.”
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
presently, kaskara's soft voice revealed something of which lasher had never thought; he cupped his ears attentively, glancing between the striking male and the two-hued eyes of his faithful beta. a training school. an academy for warriors. taltos was surprised and pleased that they had not spoken over it before offering him a role; his mind traveled o'er the wolves he would send if such a place was founded.

"i met one of them once," lasher murmured. "they keep to themselves; rarely have i scented them near our borders." he wondered what the mountain wolves had said to the forest-dwellers, but did not inquire. perhaps they would reveal the shared words.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
It was easy to offer Lasher their services, given that he warned them about the oceanside wolves that were hounding various packs. He had warned them of a potential threat, and Kaskara felt it was only right to offer him something in return. If the best they could do was offer to train a few of their number, then Kas didn't see that it was a bad offer. It probably would have been best to talk at length this Scimitar first, but they had thought about it before. Now seemed like the best time to put the idea out there.

The mountain wolves have grown bolder, then. She paused, having only heard of the white wolf rolling over their borders to erase their scent from Eshe and Goldhawk. One of their wolves paraded up to our territory, rolled his body over our borders, and then fled as soon as we spotted him. Her muzzle tipped toward Scimitar. Scimitar has spoken with their leader and we agreed to move our borders back three wolf lengths, to ease some of their worry, but it hasn't seemed to help.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Kaskara was quick to share their interactions with their new neighbors – the freeness of divulging the information made Scimitar cringe slightly within, but he could only assume the wolf before them was trusted by her without question. Kaskara was not a foolish woman, and his eyes drifted over her, giving a gentle nod.

“They’re less than enthused by our presence,” he concluded, his broad shoulders lifting in a shrug. “We have left the space from the base of the mountain within the forest as good will to offer a path for the mountain wolves and our other neighbors.” He reiterated this information to settle upon the other dark male – perhaps this would ease his mind as well in terms of traveling. It was good to know the pack was mainly quiet – perhaps, once they realized the Forest wolves wanted no more than to keep to themselves as well, they’re nerves would be soothed.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
pretty forum banner, guys!

lasher wondered again why kaskara trusted him so, but he had never given her reason to view him otherwise -- he listened attentively as the pair described their dealings with the seemingly crass mountain wolves. the druid's brow furrowed; he perhaps himself would have surrendered land, but no more if their neighbors demanded more. "you have done enough," he observed dryly. "there is prey enough for all of us, especially when they have claimed so much of the mountainous terrain and its inhabitants."
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
She felt the stares of the two men, of their wonder at her trusting nature today. Kaskara wasn't normally one to trust easily or to give information freely, nor was she foolish as Scimitar well knew, but Lasher was a wolf of his word. She knew him briefly from her time in the plateau, and even in those brief meetings she knew he was an honest and trustworthy wolf. He would not use the information against them, nor would he worry about their presence here. It seemed both their fears were assuaged at seeing each other. Kas looked between her former beta and her brother, wondering where this might go.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Lasher seemed content with their proof of good will – what his thoughts were of the mountain pack were mostly kept quiet, though it did seem at least that they did not have a serial killer shadowing over them upon the peaks. That, in itself, was a nice change from their previous time in Teekon Wilds.

“If you require our assistance with this other pack, let us know,” he decided then, his tail giving a light swing through the air. He would much rather make an alliance with this man than an enemy, and if he had to prove more good will, he would do so for the sake of his growing family. “And if you like, we can do training spars between our packs – learn from one another.”
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last post for me <3

he nodded at the male, pleased that he had found an ally in these forest wolves. "your offer of help is greatly appreciated. in turn, i too offer the aid of donnelaith. i must return, however, but we shall meet again." with a gentle nod to scimitar, a lingering smile to kaskara, the druid turned about and moved away in the direction of his redwood forest.