Blackfeather Woods good fences make good neighbours
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Private 
The recent encounter with their new neighbours sent her into a fit of fury. Who did they think they were? The needed to be exterminated, or at least cast out of the flatlands. Their leader was crazy enough, and she couldn't see anything good coming from them but trouble. Malice had dared to challenge her, made sure that they were nothing more than mortal enemies. It wasn't so much the Moonlit pack members that posed a threat but the leadership itself. They would follow her, for sure, if Malice commanded against the Brotherhood, they would strike. What threatened her, threatened the pack; vice versa. She would not have this, and would protest until they were removed. But first, she needed to speak to Burke about it, and she doubted he would disagree on the subject.

Letting out a brief howl, she found it too hard to concentrate on searching out his scent. Everything just seemed to be happening, and she just tried to keep up. No, she had this. It was all good. A beep intake of breath forced her to calm down before he reached her call.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke instantly looked up when he heard a howl from his beta. This was probably a serious matter. Burke rushed up from his den and trotted off. His kids would probably understand. The alpha howled to Nemesis that he wa coming. The alpha was curious to know what she had to tell him.

It didn't take Burke long to arrive before Nemesis. He looked at her with a slightly concern expression. "What is wrong?" Burke instantly went for the topic he wanted to know about. A formal greeting was something of lesser importance.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
It didn't take her long to jump right into the subject upon his arrival. "There's a new pack, Moonlit something. Their Alpha Female is.. insane. I do believe that their presence is a threat to us or eventually will be," Her voice was stoic besides the hint of dislike when mentioning the crazy Alpha. Her reasoning wasn't solely based upon the fact that the two females were mortal enemies, but the fact that they were too close for comfort. It just wasn't practical, and the winter only made the herds harder to find. 

"Me and the Alpha met just before the pack was created. She gave off the impression that she would like to see me dead, frankly. Not that it affects the pack, but I see no good coming out of them being so close and with such a bad feeling," Her brow furrowed, genuinely worried. She took it quite seriously, the potential threat and the risk. Becoming Beta had made her more responsible, with more of a tendency to protect the pack against all odds. While it was a good thing, it was a growing paranoia, to see everything safe. 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke squinted his eyes at the word insane. The alpha male started to instantly think. Invertarise the Dark Brotherhood and how a war would inflict them. He wondered where they settled, if they were close Burke would be more hostile. Great Water Lake was his limit if they were after that lake Burke would be considering other options. "Insane in what way?" Burke wanted to know everything. At least he was going to up his patrols and make very sure their borders were clear.

"Thank you for telling me. It is indeed a concern but if they don't come harassing us at our borders then we will let them be. If they dare to do anything or walk in our way they will get to deal with us." Burke looked at Nemesis to see what she was thinking about this. War was not beneficial they would need to prep. Venus being a healer and others practicing their mercenary trade more.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Insanity. It was a complex thing, yet Malice could not be excluded from the category. "She's impulsive, dangerous. Seems to think she's some dark queen," She inferred, judging by how Malice had presented herself when demanding an apology. "With an ego inflamed like that and the way she spoke and acted.. She's nuts," She dead panned, although all the proof was store perfectly in her mind. Maybe it wasn't enough, but if the neighboring Alpha came near them, Burke would see. "What i'm afraid of is that if she has it out for me, she'll attack," The revelation of her own worry shocked her. She had never been scared for her life before, but now the enemy had a whole pack behind them. And now the only thing that stood between them and her was Blackfeather. She wouldn't blame him if Burke decided to ship her off to someplace across the Teekon if Malice came knocking on their door. 

"I met respectively with two of the members, and told them to make sure their members stay away from our borders, like any other pack. I don't know if they'll respect that," She had made it clear, but the choice to obey the command lay up to them. If they decided to ignore it, well, nobody could argue that they needed to be eliminated. Yet, it wasn't like she was itching for war. She just wanted everyone to be safe, and Moonlit posed a problem in her mind that could only grow worse. She would not have that kind of threat pounding at the back of her mind as she lived on, knowing that in a split second DB had an peaceful enemy, if it came to that.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was not sure what to think of this. This had been an augment between two females. He was far more rational than to think that anyone would attack a whole pack and create a war just because that alpha hated one wolf in the other pack. But the male couldn't judge, females were strange creatures for him. They sometimes had stance reasoning especially two females under each other. Yet, Burke growled when Nemesis said that she had presented herself as a dark queen. There was only one dark queen and that was his deceased mate. "Clearly a lot of bark. We know better. Let's see if her bark also results in actions. Maybe it were just empty threads. I wasn't there so I can't judge."

Burke was pleased to hear that she had met respectively with other packmate a. Hopelfully they could calm down their alpha female. "I don't think we should stress too much. We will up our border patrols but we don't want to overdramatize this making them attack. If they do attack you or anyone else they will have our whole pack on their borders." Burke then realized something if this alpha female had a mate and they just started a pack they would probably breed pretty soon, which made them more vulnerable. Yet Burke was willing to wait to see what they would do. Hopefully they would respect Nemsis her word.

post from mobile not sure if it makes sense xD
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She sighed, her heart rate lowering as the adrenaline of her case against Malice ceased, accepting that Burke knew what he was doing. She was not stupid, and to question his judgement would show how little she trusted him, which was certainly not the case. Maybe she was being biased, or her judgement was influenced by her deep hate for the neighboring female. Or maybe it wasn't, that she was entirely correct about Malice. Either way, Burke knew what to do. "Of course," She complied, backing out of the situation entirely. "I will back out of it," And she had no desire to see the girl again or talk about her existence at all. She was above that, over petty grudges and stupid squabbles. Well, at least now she was.

"There's something else i'd like to talk to you about, also," Becoming an Assassin had.. was her dream. Yet, the title of being apart of the Brotherhood and becoming Beta and being a mate of all things was enough to distract her from the very reason she had even approached the Blackfeather borders. But she had promised, and she would not forget. "I'd like to pick up my dark sister training again, and hopefully become the assassin mentor, if that's okay still," He had asked her before, but there had been a lot of time for him to change his mind. "And I do believe that the next lesson has been long overdue," But she held no tone of accusation but slight amusement. It was not his fault she had not learnt in awhile, but simply her lack of memory that suspended her training.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was pleased that this matter was laid to rest. The male was about to wrap up this conversation when Nemesis started about something new. "But of course," he spoke and then listened. He was very pleased to hear that. Burke liked hard working wolves, especially in his pack. The alpha male liked it even more then wolves took their own initiative. "Yes, it has," he agreed with her. He was now the assassin's mentor but he was technically the mentor of the spy branch. Still, the male would do anything necessary to teach his members.

"Yes, we most definitely will," he agreed. "I know Quiet wants a spy mission, and Cicero is working on Spy too. Damien wants to be an assassin too I believe. Next time I could have a lesson for you both. How does that sound?," he questioned. It would make it more convenient for him, not having to explain things twice, and then Nemesis and Damien could fight each other while he would watch and comment on what they could improve. Yes, he actually liked that idea a lot.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
fade soon? :)
So nothing had changed, she had forgotten her goal but she was not yet finished. Assassin mentor, yes, it would do very well. Teaching others how to fight and not kill themselves. Never would she peg herself as a teacher, the affection and aspire for other's to do well just wasn't there but that wasn't what mattered. She just needed to ensure they were good enough for the Brotherhood. She had supported inducting Cicero and Damien already, so training with him couldn't be that bad. "That's perfect," She agreed, hopefully Damien would be obliging, for it wasn't like they were playing cooperative games. It was real, training and not fit for child play and useless bickering. Besides, Burke would supervise and they would both learn from it. 

She was not surprised to hear however that the silent female wanted to become a Spy too, for she had all the makings to be one. Yet truly, she wished that they had something to practice on. The Brotherhood was for hire, after all yet nobody seemed to even know who they were. "But I do have a question concerning the Brotherhood," She pondered aloud, after quickly looking past Burke to see if anyone was watching. The cult was still a secret, afterall. "How are we to promote the Brotherhood in it's special fields?" She questioned, her brow slightly furrowing at it. "I know that the Brotherhood must be a secret but I've noticed that it's existence is unknown to those would could possibly use its service which is it's purpose after all," She explained, if Burke did not understand where she was going with it. "To our enemies, the Brotherhood does not spark fear but confusion and dismissal, which probably is not the desired effect," She remembered how Malice had even scoffed when she mentioned the Brotherhood and it's darkened fields. They could all agree that the Brotherhood meant so much more, although how would anyone else know that if it's existence was kept entirely to themselves?
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke nodded towards his Beta female. She had some points to learn yet she also gave valuable feedback in return. The large male had asked that question himself too, often. But he had an idea how to solve this little riddle. "I will talk with Cicero about this. He is an outrider and knows how these things work, how word travels. Once I have a good plan of action I will come and talk to you for further discussion," he spoke to her. His pale eyes on her questioning her silently if she could agree with that.

Their meeting was slowly coming to an end. Burke nodded at her, it was always good to talk to her. He would need good communication with his Beta after all. If she had no further questions he would continue going on doing his own business. Burke had still several things to do.

Yes! You can archive after your post! And yay! Then I will have all my mentor threads!
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She nodded silently, though she had been unaware Cicero had the same idea. Perhaps she would bring it up to him also and get his take on it. She did know however that he had come and gone here and there for the past few weeks, and know she knew why. He was a scout, and he was smarter than she had previously given him credit for. Looking back to Burke, it was evident he had somewhere he needed to be. "Thank you, that is all," And she made her own exit. She didn't like to keep him back from whatever he needed to do, for in retrospect her questions always seemed to have answers he was already working on. 

She lopped along the borders, doing her rounds while she contemplated the secrecy that was so valued to them. Whatever Burke's plan was, it was bound to be good and she hoped she would have a part in it.