Blackfeather Woods By the power of Glaux
2 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
For anyone who wants a little wisdom from an owl :) Short post because writer's block.

Tikoto flew silently through the dark woods, her eyes scanning her surroundings. She knew there were inhabitants, big creatures with a lot of teeth, but she couldn't resist the urge to fly through here. She needed a new nest, and the woods were the perfect place. As she flew, as silent as the night, she spotted a big tree with an opening and a thick branch right in front of it. It reminded her of home. Not her home in the Great Tree, but the home where she had left her little brother to die.

She landed, her talons gripping the branch, and tuck in her brown-and gray wings. It was so quiet here at night. Were the big creatures not active when the moon lit up the yonder? She hooted, first soft but it quickly changed into an annoyingly, loud hoot. She wanted to wake the things that lived here up, and flying to the ground to pick their ears or something didn't seem like a great idea. She hooted, and hooted, waiting for one of the creatures to wake up from their slumber. Perhaps they weren't as scary as they looked.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
aha i couldn't resist.. xD

What the fuck was that? The loud screech from ahead sent her jolting awake from slumber. Groaning, she heavily picked herself up from the ground, stretching as many muscles as she could in the process. The ear deafening cry came again, sending a flick through her. No, the last few days had not been her best. With that pack and their dumb alpha bitch and Kove and being a Beta, everything was just.. ugh. Not that some of those things were necessarily bad but the workload was exhausting. She mentally applauded Burke for doing so well on his own. But now this.. whatever it was, was now screaming at the top of it's lungs like a mad woman, it needed to be silenced.

Walking blindly out into the cold air, it took her a second to adjust from sleeping eyes to wide awake eyes that didn't want to be awake until a few hours. Wincing up at a nearby tree, the thing was there, looking down with those creepy eyes. Owl, the name sent a shudder through her. She didn't like them, at all. With their freakishly weird swivel heads and staring at others in the dark.. no, it just wouldn't do. "What do you want?!" She snapped at it, the aggitation made her forget about being 'respectful' to the wild life. It was just stupid, screaming at a feathered bobble head in the dark, when sleep just was a few steps away. Sigh. 
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
2 Posts
Ooc —
Not long after her annoying hooting had begun, she heard some rustling on the earth down below. Had she done it? She hopped from branch to branch, careful not to fall like a dumb little owlet. As she was on one of the lower branches, she heard a snapping voice all the way from down below. Teehee, she had awoken one! With her big round eyes she spotted the creature that didn't look all too happy. It was enough to tell the barn owl that these creatures slept at night and were active in the day. Huh, weird. Who wouldn't want to be out at night?

Hello, sleepy creature. She hooted softly. I came here to learn about you and the others with the sharp teeth. She hooted again, tucking her head in to prevent the cold winter air from hugging her under her feathers.
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
She glared back up at the owl, eyes narrowing at the idiocy of the bird. "You woke me up-" Her voice was dangerously low, on the verge of snarling. "Just to 'learn' about me?!" Okay, now she was pissed. How dare this.. this thing march up on their doorstep and disturb the peace. They really needed to place some kind of wild life admittance border, or something. They owned the forest, not these thing and she was entitled to a certain amount of pest control... right?

"How about you come down here and i'll show you my 'sharp teeth' up close," She didn't try to put up the malevolence, she was just annoyed to the point where she couldn't hide it. 
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy