Qeya River I'm still here
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
After Judas left, Horosk had left to go and find some food, but he had failed so came and sat by the river once more. He couldn't see anyone near, though it looked like there were a few wolves further up. Too far away. He lay down and glanced around, stopping only after seeing a little mouse looking for danger on a rock. Bad move. Horosk silently snuck up to it's back, watching. The mouse would have been safer in it's bed, it should have stayed there, like most other mice. Maybe it had run out of food? Horosk crept up closer and in one bite grabbed the mouse, then lay it down and began eating. It wasn't much, but then there wasn't really much food around anyway.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
@Depp - you're welcome to pop in, but aren't at all obligated to do so! c: This should be interesting, aha

The woman hadn't remained on the glacier for an overly long period of time, not wishing to drag up anymore memories of the past. Though they were not negative ones, she still felt that they were better left behind; things of the past were meant to stay there, not follow one into the present. Even if she'd been curious of her memories, however, she still would not have remained. Her journey was still in progress, a place worth living at having yet to appear. And so the woman had descended from the chilled slopes, her movements skillful, until she'd reached the bottom. When the land was once again flat beneath her paws, she'd begun her trek away from her old home, heading straight for a river she was unfamiliar with. No matter, a river was a river, as she would very soon come to realize.

Sen's body had lingered near to the water's edge, each paw placed carefully to avoid falling in. She did so only because it meant she would not have to travel far if her throat started to run dry, for such a predicament was most uncomfortable. As she progressed, however, there came a scent that had her pausing. The stop was brief, barely even a stop at all, really, before she'd continued on in the direction of the male. What she would be met with could not be predicted, but she was confident that no trouble would arise from her approach. It was for that reason that she'd not announced herself until she was standing a comfortable distance away, eyeing that which remained of his small meal.

Now, the woman had no need to steal from him, nor did she wish to. It was a look of curiosity, is all, wondering just what type of prey could be found so near to the river. Of course, a quick sniff revealed to her that it'd been only a mouse, and nothing worth using her time up to pursue. It seemed as if she would have to wait until another time, at another location, where she could perhaps convince her companion to hunt with (preferably for) her. Nevertheless, she wasn't about to leave entirely empty handed, which inspired her to then try and strike up an conversation with the other. "Can you hunt anything bigger than that pest?" Or maybe she was still thinking about what she could get out of the chance meeting. Food, however, was not what had driven her to ask. Rather, it was the fact that only his personal fragrance clung to his body, informing her that he was a loner.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for not replying sooner!

Horosk finished the last of the mouse rather quickly, not to his surprise. He looked up as a she-wolf spoke. He listened, then sighed. "Yes. Except I wasn't planning on catching this mouse. I just happened to smell him as he came out of his burrow." He didn't say much, partly because he didn't know this wolf, partly because of his recent encounter with a rather strange loner. He licked his lips, still hungry. He would have to try and catch a rabbit or something later; For now he focused on this wolf. "May I help you?" He asked, curious as to why the female questioned his kill.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
My turn to apologize! ^^;;

An unplanned kill, huh? It seemed like a waste, as far as she was concerned. A waste of a life. No matter, she made no comment on such, focusing instead on that which had been shared. "So you killed it without a second thought?" She didn't feel any remorse for the deceased, but wondered about what exactly had prompted the catch. Surely the male wasn't some mindless killer, taking lives out of boredom and nothing more? Sen had half a mind to ask him exactly that, but refrained from doing so lest her suspicions turned out to be true. Of course, she believed she could easily outrun him, but even still, the situation was one she wished to avoid entirely.

"Perhaps you can," the serpent began, moving forward with the conversation. "How long have you been a loner?" The time one might have spent by their lonesome was often looked past, deemed unimportant. Sen, however, saw an opportunity in nearly everything. Depending on his answer, she could twist the conversation, bettering her chances at achieving that which she desired—or so was how it usually played out.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for short post!

Horosk listened to the woman, then growled a little with irritation. "I was hungry. Am I not allowed to eat when I'm hungry?" He said to the wolf, standing up. He flicked his tail, waiting for a response. He would fight if it came to it, this wolf was already getting on his nerves. But, he didn't really think it would come to that - after all, it was just a mouse.

"I have been a loner for 2 years. Why is it of interest to you?" He grumbled, as she asked questions.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It's fine!
edit; nudging this. c: @Horosk

The woman's ears pressed forward when she heard him growl, eyes narrowing in the process. His tone seemed unpleasant, bothering her to no end. "You implied that you'd killed it more on a whim, rather than because you were hungry," she stated, her voice growing colder than the farthest reaches of the north. "Which is something I find to be wasteful." Even if it was only a mouse, it was still valued as a source of food. Especially when the cold came back again with all it's might, even the smallest of prey would be put on a pedestal. If, however, someone went around killing them off just because they could, well... that just wasn't something she could see anyone taking kindly to.

Her question was answered but, once again, a tone she disliked had been used. It worsened her expression, a scowl taking root on her face. "If you're gonna talk like that, then I don't think it'll continue to be of any interest to me," she stated. Though she'd not said so, it was clear she wished for him to better word his phrases, or at least not act as if she was wasting his time. Her ego demanded it, really.
Raise a glass to freedom
129 Posts
Ooc —
eeeep, sorry
"Well, I was hungry." He growled. The fur on his back began to bristle. "Look, I'm just trying to eat in peace. I don't want to start a fight." He said, more in a soft tone than before.

He finished the mouse and then sat up. Glancing at the woman.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Unless he goes after or calls out to her, this is my last post. ^^ Maybe they'll meet again by chance someday, aha. @Horosk

The male, how foolish he was, had the audacity to growl at her. He, some measly male, had displayed towards her aggression. In turn, the woman's eyes narrowed, glaring at him with the gaze of a rattlesnake just before it strikes. Yet, strike she did not, for he was, to her, unimportant and not worth the potential tears in her flesh. She did, however, pull back her lips to reveal her incisors, silently threatening him before her expression became neutral once again. "If you don't want to start fights, you should watch your tone," she'd stated, tail lashing about behind her as if she were a cat. Someday, perhaps she would make him pay for speaking to her the way he had, but for now she'd wanted to offer him not even a second more of her valuable time.

Without so much as another word, Sen continued with her previous trek, moving past the male so that she might linger alone before heading to her next destination. If her departure was permitted and unquestioned, the woman would carry on, glancing not in the man's direction ever again.