Phantom Hollow Tell me the truth
112 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Private 
@Malice

Cogitemus stretched out his limbs, yawning as he did. He walked to the kill cache to grab two rabbits. He placed them down, before howling for Malice. He settled down as he waited for her to return the call. He removed the fur and flesh from the hare to expose the meat. He began chomping down, he was very hungry. The question he was going to ask Malice had been bugging him for a few days now, he didn't sleep well, and he hasn't eaten in a while.
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Malice had been at the borders again, now that she knew that two of their members had already encountered one of the neighboring pack's lunatics, she didn't want anyone barging in again. Plus, they already had encountered a trespasser, the tail of which is now missing because of the queen's brute force and Issun's help. The piece of tail she had treasured near the Alpha den. If they ever had another trespasser, she would try to bite a piece of tail off again, maybe even starting a collection one day. She chuckled at the thought and wondered if the brute pack, the Dark Brotherhood, had something like it.

As she was thinking about the sweet taste of blood that had spilled the day the trespasser had lost a piece of it's tail, a howl entered her ears. She perked them, recognizing the haunting howl to be her own lover. She didn't hesitate to turn around and started sprinting toward the dens.

Upon arriving, she saw Cog eating a few dead things. She raised an eyebrow, confused at what he wanted from her while having breakfast. Was she supposed to join him or something? She had already eaten, as she was an early bird, and an extra meal sounded unnecessary.

Good morning. She purred, slowly sitting down and watched him having breakfast. 
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

112 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
He gave a small smile when Malice arrived. "Why don't you eat beautiful? I'm sorry I woke up late, I stayed up until the sun began to peak over the hills, trying to remark our borders and check around for some other stuff." he said, taking another bite of rabbit. The already somewhat skinny man had lost enough weight to be noticed ever since Moonlit hills began, and today he was starving. "Can we talk about something?" he asked, as she sat.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Oh, I've already eaten. She responded. The words she said were true, she had a secret stack of critters hidden near a tree that was again near the river. It was for emergencies as well as for her breakfast as she would wake up, walk to the river and drink something and then eat something out of her stack. Then, she would just patrol the borders until sundown, watching the Yonder turn from blue to orange to pink to dark blue. It was her favorite moment of the day, and the hours after only made it better. After sundown she would watch the stars until her ears were tired and, alas, she would return to the den to get some sleep.

She raised an eyebrow at his question, not sure what he wanted to talk about. Was it about the Dark Brotherhood pack? If so, she could inform him that everything was going fine as she had met a member of the dark pack. She now knew the names of the leaders and where the pack was settled, and Cicero would tell Burke that she would come to visit. She still had to discuss this with the whole pack, as she would much rather just go alone or with Cog. Sage would stay here, she could keep things in order for the time they were away, Malice was sure about that.

Of course, about what?
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

112 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Cogitemus grabbed the rabbit and trotted over to the cache closest to the den and tossed it on top. He came back, and laid down. "I know it is both early and late," he began. He paused for a second, a bit worried at her reaction. "Have you considered pups?" He said. Even if he was as cold as ice, he had a soft spot for little, squeaking, chubby lumps of fur. It would be fun raising them, and they would fun to train.

"If you don't I understand, but I would like pups eventually. I think it might be a bit fun to fill the ranks with mixes of our coat colors, or mini look alikes." He said. "I wouldn't have a hard time making them." he said, trying to lighten the mood a bit and make her laugh a bit at her naughty boyish ways.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
The queen's eyes widened at his words. Pups? A smile began creeping onto her muzzle. She hadn't thought about little furballs running around here, especially not because it was so dark here. But being a mother scared her. What if one of the pups had her insane personality and murdered her, just like she had done with her own mother? And what if she wasn't a good mother? Sure, she could lead a pack, but little versions of her and her lover? Who knew.

I haven't to be honest. She said, her face now displaying a frown of deep thought. I was so busy with the present that I had forgotten to think about the future... She confessed. The neighboring pack was really what she was talking about. She was trying to prevent a war from happening, why think about pups? You see, something has been troubling me. You know about our neighbors, right? She asked before moving on.

I'm not saying that I don't want pups, I actually really like the thought of it, but we have to think about the present for now, the safety of our members. She explained, her face as serious as can be. The little joke however made her chuckle. I can believe that. She purred giving him a lick on his cheek before moving on.
~Adopt Avalon!~

112 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Her face lightened up for a moment, and gave a wicked grin, making Cogitemus do the same. Malice's face turned cold quickly, and he felt like he made a mistake. The pups wouldn't turn insane, because they would have two loving parents that took care of them, and, the pack would treat them well, or their pelts would decorate the borders. He wouldn't hesitate roughing both the members and the pups (When they get older) to get along with each other.

Cogitemus nodded at her answer. "I understand, but I don't think I got the full story on what happened with the Dark Brotherhood, can you explain further, and I have some thoughts to add on." he said. "I do know our neighbors Malice, but I don't want them to trouble you." He scowled before leaning in closer to lick the top of her muzzle and in between her eyes. What he said portrayed his feelings, as he was deathly nervous about them too.

When Malice purred, it made the Dark King smile, and he licked her cheek. They did need to focus on the past, present, and future to keep this pack alive and running.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Now that they were on the subject of their neighbors, something she had been planning to discuss with the whole pack, she had to tell the whole story. The story about her fight with one of their members, how she had met one of the members around MH's borders and how she was planning a meeting with their Alpha, Burke. It wasn't too complicated, yet she didn't know how to start. A while back, before I even met you, I got into a fight with one of the Dark Brotherhood's members. Little did she know that this member was named Nemesis and was now the beta of the pack. She did know the name Nemesis but couldn't link the name with the wolf she had fought with since she had no evidence. I'm afraid this might get our pack in trouble, so I'm doing everything in my power to just co-exist peacefully.

She breathed for a moment, not wanting to stuff all the information down his throat in one minute. This needed time to be discussed. So far it has worked, and I have met one of the members, Cicero, peacefully near our borders. We had a small talk... She didn't tell Cogitemus that the young male had gotten her biggest secret out of her, since she now knew not to talk before thinking. I now know the Beta's name, Nemesis, and the Alpha that is named Burke. Cicero would tell them that I'm planning on visiting our neighbors. She spoke carefully, knowing how protective Cog was of her. Perhaps he would ignore her idea of a visit because it was too dangerous, but she was the one to go. Whether he wanted her to or not, she was going to speak to Burke.

I plan on visiting them this week, formally, near their borders. I want to talk with Burke about peace and if they are capable of having it with us. I also want to say sorry to the insane bitch I've fought with just to be safe. She explained, her eyes meeting his, indicating that she was not changing her plan. She also wanted to say that her lover needed to stay here since he had been sooooo professional with Veritas, but decided not to. Instead, she just said she wanted Sage to come, to help her grow more into a leader that she was going to be one day. I want Sage to come with me to Blackfeather Woods, if she agrees.
~Adopt Avalon!~

112 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
I feel so horrible about talking badly of DB because I play Venus, and better yet, Burke's son Pietro!! I am a horrible human being 

Cogitemus listened to Malice say she was worried of the pack's safety. "Malice, I understand, but even if something terrible happens, we can move, I don't think this is worth possibly losing a wolf from." He said nervously. A small fight can't explode into the loss of wolves from Dark Brotherhood and/or Moonlit Hills. "I for one, am not the friendliest of all, but we really do need to try to make this work, possibly in the future get and alliance from it as back up. What I was saying, is say another pack came to attack us, we could possibly have help to escape through the Brotherhood territory." he said.

To him, it sounded like Cicero wasn't an enormous threat, and they talked peacefully. "Well, I am glad that we know someone that will talk and not skip to unnecessary fighting." he said. He frowned a bit when she spoke of leaving. "Well..." he said, knowing he couldn't break her. "Please just be careful, and tell me before you leave Malice." he said, looking at her sadly before licking her cheek a few times. 

Cogtiemus got a bit annoyed when she picked Sage before him, but he didn't show it. They two-tone male nodded his head. "Alright, just please let me know when you leave, and please be careful Malice." he said. He moved closer and licked her muzzle. "I love you, please be careful, don't be afraid to run." he said, noticing he actually said 'I love you' for the first time, but ignored it, and hoped she wouldn't freak out.