Ravensblood Forest Explore it right
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud woke from a deep sleep her eyes still slightly full of bed sand, today she wished to explore away slightly from her borders. Though she did not wish to travel far from her new home, her inquisitive nature still drove her to head slightly past her borders towards a dark forest that she just had to look into. If her father had been here he would have scolded her for going in a dark forest alone, but curiosity was to much of a temptation on this slightly nice day. She hadn't smelled any other wolves nearby, but that did not mean that there weren't some near, so she kept her eyes vigilant, being sure to at least keep her homes borders in her view, even if she was not necessarily on them.

She thought there could be some herbs and fungi growing that she could use to build up her stores even more. Her mother had taught her to always be prepared and she took that lesson deeply to heart. She was always prepared or at least she tried to be, though the little girl was still very naive to the ways of the world. She felt so free and in a way she felt slightly wary to be all on her own without another pack member. However, she could not pass up the freedom that the outskirts of her home offered. After all how was one to meet others if they stayed hidden in their dens.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#1f1f1f">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#271f1f">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2f1e1e">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#371d1d">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e1c1d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#461b1c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e1a1b">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#56191a">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5e1719">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#661618">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e1517">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#751417">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7d1316">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#851215">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c1114">s</FONT></i></span></p>
65 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Since his arrival in the Teekon Wilds Crete had not taken much time to explore. He had parted from Blacktail Deer Plateau's borders a whole of two times, and even then he had not lingered too far. The knowledge passed to him from Pied: that he could return to Flightless Falcons had became, admittedly, an consideration. It was not as if he was tied down with a mate or pups, and there was the major factor that Hawkeye and him did not get along. At all. She may not have brought his initial mistrust on herself, but she has certiany brought his dislike of her and his views of her as a child tyrant on herself (and if he'd have known about Artison a hypocrite would have been added to that list). The only thing that honestly kept Crete there was his siblings. He felt an obligation to stay because maybe they needed him. Or maybe he needed them. The way the door swung mattered little, the fact of it remained that there was gravitational pull that kept him there when the otherwise weak pull would have had him parting the day of Hawkeye's and his' disagreement. Head shook definitely once as the mute attempted to scatter those nasty thoughts. For now, he would stay, though that changed by the hour. Crete wasn't normally so fickle, preferring stability over instability. He was not usually such an impulsive creature, though admittedly he had his moments.

This was the first time he had gotten away to explore the coast, north of the Plateau. Perhaps he had not gotten out much because he felt hindered by his inability to speak if he came across another wolf. It was a curse he had loved with since birth, a curse and a gift of silence. Large paws carried him swiftly through the darkened forest, reminded oddly of one not too far from where the Falcons had claimed their land back home, but tucked the feeling of familiarity away. Technically, most forests looked alike. Sea green eyes charted out his path agilely as he maneuvered expertly around obstacles, pausing only when a scent - a pack scent given by the many scents that clung to her, he deduced gender by the strongest scent, pelt. Cautiously, he altered his course ever so slightly and moved in her direction, sea-green eyes landing upon the fawn colored woman with mute curiousity.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle had been sniffing softly at a lone plant that she had come across, thinking that she knew it and was trying to recognize it or remember it. She heard the soft foot falls of another and with a lift of her head her ears were erect and sky blue eyes searched for the owner of the sound. Her vision alighted upon a male not standing far from her watching her curiously. She inhaled once to see if he was a pack mate or another pack member. She smelled different wolves on him, and he was definitely a him.

She studied him silently for a moment. He stood taller than her, and broader. His inky black fur was an interesting contrast to her light colored fawn pelt and his face had a white mask, a white mask she found to be endearing to him, it suited him. She could not quite see the color of his eyes but she wondered at them. Feeling that he was no threat, she walked a little farther towards him and stopped a few feet in front of him holding her body language neutral as she was not on his borders or her own, a meeting of neutral ground.

"Hello I'm Thistle cloud. Was her soft spoken greeting as she held her head slightly cocked to show her curiosity.
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#1f1f1f">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#271f1f">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2f1e1e">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#371d1d">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3e1c1d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#461b1c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4e1a1b">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#56191a">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5e1719">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#661618">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e1517">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#751417">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7d1316">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#851215">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c1114">s</FONT></i></span></p>
65 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
As Crete stood observing her for the few seconds that she did not seem to be aware of him or so Crete thought, a small part of him pondered his known sanity. When she noticed him she would likely want to at least hold a polite conversation -- which was socially expected considering he was kind of staring -- but it was not something they could share mutually. Unless she knew how to speak 'mute'. He was spoiled by the ring of siblings that had grown with him and learned how to decipher his language beyond the basis of body language which each wolf knew. He probably should have turned around and walked away, kept going on his original path - not that he had a given destination in his mind. Yet, Crete did not move, and she looked towards him, letting Crete know that she was now fully aware of him; and it was too late now, Crete deduced as he watched her ghost a few steps towards him.

Sea-green eyes studied her in the closer proximity, taking a subtle liberty that was not his own, nevertheless. Crete was a inborn gentleman but inherently a man at the en of the day and he appreciated beauty like any other. In an innocent sort of way the fawn colored woman - albeit probably a little younger than him - was, indeed, beautiful. Weight shifted into a comfortable stance, shrugging the tension from his shoulders as she introduced herself to him. Idly, Crete was momentary reminded of Blue Willow - though the only similarity remained in the length of their names and little else. A soft, contrite smile played at the edges of Crete's lips. Crete The name echoed soundlessly even in his own mind. This was not an uncommon problem, and at this point Crete had learned to let them call him whatever they wanted. If they had not met any of his siblings before it was, logically understandable, that they could not and likely would not know his name.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud watched him with curious eyes. He was a curious wolf and he wore his emotions and thoughts like the mask of white he bore. Had she known at the time that he was mute she would have known that was why he could be veritably an open book. However, she did not so she just thought perhaps he was just a very kind male with an affinity for showing his thoughts. She was happy at this thought for it was so unusual to meet a very friendly male, most males were boisterous and loud and very trying, not all but most at least her brothers were at any rate.

She warmed under his studious gaze and for a brief moment in time, she felt or perhaps hoped would be a better term that he liked what he saw. She shook her head and chalked it up to the warmer weather was coming and her season though it was a little bit away.

Thistle Cloud was a bit taken back that he didn't answer her and she wondered for a moment if he didn't want company, but she did and for some unknown reason even to herself she did not wish to leave the strangers company. She frowned wondering what to say or do. She had heard of mutes before but had never met one so she was not to know that he was mute, however his small smile the little bit of guilt that showed. She wondered if perhaps he could not talk right now, after all the warmer weather was coming he could be coming off of a cold or something. So rather than excuse herself, something she should have done, but couldn't she spoke again. "I'm sorry are you unable to speak today? Perhaps you have a cold and your voice is hoarse, that's okay, we can figure out something. She felt like adding that she was lonely today that she longed for someone to share the day with even if it was in companionable silence, but instead she left it an open ended conversation and waited to see what he would do.
65 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Within the seconds of cautiousness they simply stood and observed each other Crete noted idly, neither projecting hostility only a seemingly mutual curiosity. There seemed to be a mix of subtle attraction thrown in there as well as far as Crete was concerned, anyhow. If she was younger than him it could not have been by much; or maybe he was wrong and there was a decent age gap between them but in hindsight did it matter? His half sister, Phoebe, had been mated to a male who was the same age as Aether. Sea-green eyes watched the frown form upon the female’s face as she contemplated whether he was being a snob or not - at least this was what Crete assumed because, generally, when he failed to make verbal communication back that was usually what was presumed of him. That he was stuck up - that he didn’t want to talk. The mute stood still, knowing that at this point the ball was in her court. She would decide whether she wanted to stick around or leave. Already, assuming that she would probably leave he began making mental plans, charting out his next path though he still lacked a destination; though not having a destination was sort of the overall point of exploring in Crete’s mind.

Thistle Cloud did not leave …at least not yet. Instead she spoke again to him, calling and claiming his attention with the femme tones of her voice. Her guesses were warm, though still off of the truth, but of course, Crete was unable to correct her assumptions. I am mute everyday, The truth echoed sadly around in his mind, never to part from his lips. Salmon pink tongue flashed as he drew it across his muzzle and let out a thoughtful sort of sigh - soft and contemplative. After a few moments Crete nodded, agreeing to her terms. Clearly, he was out of practice with communicating with wolves that did not know he was mute -- likely because he had became spoiled by his siblings’ need to constantly translate (even though he was grateful that they were willing).

table by houkie
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
you know this is realistically based, but I am unsure if the wolves have a written language or crude pictures and if they use letters? if they use letters she could play a guessing game for his name, but that does not seem very realistic to me....hmm any fun ideas?

Thistle Cloud watched as he turned inward to his own thoughts. She wondered what he was thinking and if it were good thoughts or bad ones. She hoped she hadn't upset him when she hadn't spoken right away. That would make her feel very bad. She did not think him much older than her, but he had an older countenance and she was willing to bet an older mind. She was willing to gather that he was extremely inquisitive by the curiosity he was projecting as was she.

When the other sighed she felt it in her bones, it was a sad albeit thoughtful sigh and she wondered why. Then he nodded to affirm her question. However, there seemed more too it and she was a little confused. Perhaps he could never talk, she would not dwell on that for now, but she would figure out how to ask only yes and no questions. So she began to speak thoughtfully. "I'm fairly new to the area I only know of this pack and another packs name. I know you are not from this pack as I don't recognize you. Are you from the pack on the Plateau? My Gamma Pied told me about it, and that she has family there. She then tilted her head as she settled to her haunches and curled her tail around her toes and turned blue eyes gaze to see green one for a moment and then averted her eyes slightly so as to not offend
65 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
Hmm, I think he could spell it out or draw pictures or something. I mean technically, wolves don't speak at all, so I'm just going to go with that. xD

One sided conversations were hard to maintain, and mostly, Crete found, outside of his family other wolves would grow bored with him. It was understandable and Crete did not take offence to it. There was so much that Crete wanted to say but by the ill twist of fate would never be able too. Watching the struggle of communication between Thistle Cloud and himself, there was something in Crete that became discouraged. If he left the Plateau and went to a different pack he would have no translator - his attempts at body language depended upon their sole interpretation, and it was easy to be misunderstood when he could not vocally express what he was trying to, in his own way, say. Thistle Cloud seemed determined, however, and Crete admired it. At this point, in most conversations without a translator both would have awkwardly accepted defeat and move on.

Thistle Cloud mentioned the plateau, inquiring if he was apart of it and Crete nodded in confirmation to her assumption. However temporarily or permanent it might have been, he was currently apart of Blacktail Deer Plateau. When Thistle Cloud dropped Pied’s name, Crete’s eyes lit up, nodding again, in attempts to let her know that he was one of Pied’s said family members. Specifically, he was one of her uncles but he didn’t bother trying to say that through his body language because it was obvious to him that she wasn’t as good as his family members were at reading him.

table by houkie
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
If Thistle Cloud had known her new companion at the moment was feeling discouraged she would have done her best to fix it. However, since she couldn't know she had to assume he was fine. Thistle Cloud was as stubborn as the day was long and she had decided for better or worse so to speak that she was going to find some way to communicate with the wolf in front of her that both made her curious and fascinated her in a way even she was unsure of as of right now.

Thistle Cloud smiled in triumph at least she knew where he was from and then when his eyes lit up at the mention of Pied her smile grew wider. "I am afraid that she only mentioned a Hawkeye and an uncle Crete. As I am pretty sure that Hawkeye is a female and you are not I can only wonder if you are the Uncle Crete? Who is a healer? That would probably be too much to ask though. She chuckled thinking that it would be too convenient if he were the Crete but it would also probably make her giggle at the sheer magnitude of how interesting it was that he would be the one she had just spoken about.
65 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
I feel so terrible that Crete doesn't like Hawkeye because I personally love her. I just want to slap him, he's so cruel, lol. xD

Having been born with his condition, disability, really, Crete’s family - particularly his littermates - were quite adept at reading him effortlessly. As it was, Crete really was an open book purely because he had to wear his thoughts on his face, or else he was just a statue. Unfeeling. The fawn colored woman’s - Thistle’s - he reminded himself, triumphant smile lit up her entire face, briefly stealing the air from Crete’s lungs in a bizarre moment that left him feeling like someone had winded him. It was a beautiful thing her smile was; though he was not sure why it was affecting him so pungently. While it was true Thistle was pleasing to his eye, she was close to going into heat and though neither of them were particularly aware of that fact, it was likely the cause of Crete’s gravitation and the effect she had on him. A shiver whispered over his hackles when she spoke that Pied had mentioned Hawkeye and himself - though Crete did not like, admittedly, having his name in the same sentence as Hawkeye’s. Nevertheless, he swallowed his initial distaste and focused upon what was more important in that moment. The fact that Thistle knew his name, and as she continued, that he was a healer. Idly, Crete was curious as to why Pied only mentioned him - for she had other uncles in Blacktail Deer Plateau, but Crete wasn’t about to look a gift horse in the mouth. He nodded firmly when she inquired as to if he was Crete, and furiously shook his head when she doubted her judgment with the latter statement. It was a cynical thing, admittedly, but Crete understood.

As it was, he would have doubted his own luck if the situation had be reversed. Hoping that she understood that he was indeed ‘Uncle Crete, the Healer’ - or rather the aspiring one in the Plateau - he ghosted towards her, brazenly., sea-green eyes searching her face, wondering if there was a particular reason why she mentioned ‘healer’ almost as if she were …searching for him. Of course, it sounded ridiculous even to Crete, but it was a slim possibility, nevertheless.

table by houkie
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I like her too though i think she is a bit of a strumpet lol. Blue Willow is nervous about her and the tension that many feel around her...haha and it makes for interesting character development that he does not like her.

Thistle watched a strange expression come over the other's face when she smiled and it filled her with a sense of coy delight, though she was unsure why. For a brief moment she wanted to bury her face into his neck fur and see if she could make that look even larger, but she decided largely against that fact and wondered at the same time what on earth was going on with her, and fantasizing a bout a wolf she had just met.

She also saw a very small undetermined shudder overtake his hackles at the mention of Hawkeye and she wondered at it, but she just squirreled it away as he seemed to get over whatever it was that had come over him and nodded at her. She laughed outloud and said "Oh goodness you are Crete! Isn't that a bizarre twist of fate. Well Crete it is very nice to meet you. She liked the sound his name made a whisper on the wind in a way.

As Crete came forward and searched her face, it was her turn for her chest to tighten and her breathing to slow. Swallowing hard past the bubble of breath that she held in her chest she smiled again and allowed the searching and returned a brazen look to him as well. "I was actually hoping to run into you. I'm trying to be a healer myself and your niece told me you would be a good wolf to talk too. After she spoke her mouth went dry again and small pink tongue ghosted out to lick her lips as she involuntarily moved her head forward slightly then back again. Most wolves would have been uncomfortable with this close proximity, and if it had been another so would she have been, but the wolf in front of her had a gravitational hold on her and she was unsure why.
65 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
True, especially since both of Crete's brothers are in love with her. xD

Crete eye’s smoldered, the sea-green irises darkening like the tangible depths of the sea, siphoned as they were from the life blood of the earth as he studied her for the lack of knowing what else to do. He could not explain what it was that was enticing him to her - for it was abundantly obvious as it would be soon. Crete had never really been around a female in direct heat, neither had he ever really been near one on the cusp of it. The allure of the fawn colored woman was as much of an enigma as the Loch Ness monster was - not that Crete was really sure what exactly a Loch Ness Monster was, either. A subtle nod was given when she expressed that he was indeed, Crete. One of them, at any rate. One Crete was a city in Greece, the other Crete was a deceased uncle he had never met - one that he was apparently a spitting image of. At least Thistle knew his name now, which seemed to make things a little easier and neither of them were stuck in that awkward ‘I’m just going to call you Steve’ phase that usually transpired by this point in the conversation if they did not know him beforehand.

Thistle spoke again, this time confirming what he had been slightly suspicious of. She had been searching for him - it seemed that she, too, had an interest in being a healer. According to Thistle - though Crete had no reason to disbelieve her - Pied had spoken of him to Thistle for assistance in the healing arts. Unexpectedly, the thought of having a mentor/student sort of relationship with Thistle was denied vehemently by Crete. That was not the kind of role he wanted to play - though at this point, he wasn’t exactly sure what role he wanted or, frankly, why it mattered. That was not to say that he wouldn’t help her - because he would, he was too nice to say ‘no’ to someone who was willing to learn the delicate craft of life and death. Nevermind that Aether would always, even beyond death, be a better teacher than Crete. I could help you, Muscles willed his head to nod, and he complied with a ‘yes’ notion, but his mind was not lingering upon plants in that particular moment.

He was closer to her now, his nostrils flared to inhale her scent and the scent of the pack that clung to her pelt. Up close, it was inherently stronger. In a thought that was derogatory to the term ‘gentleman’ Crete had an impulsive urge to taint it with his own scent, but balked at the brazen, instinctive hiss of encouragement that slithered around inside his mind, digging his claws into the hardened earth beneath him with a flex of his toes - as if that would keep him grounded.

table by houkie
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
The questions is who is she going to choose ahaha :) Poor little thistle she's so awkward lol

Thistle warmed under his gaze and shifted her weight slightly to keep from flinging herself at him for some unknown want that unfurled at the studious look on his face as his eyes traced around her. It was like a brand, but a good kind at least in her mind. Being that she herself had never been in heat she was unsure why this wolf had an extreme effect on her. She had noticed the change in her body was coming, but it was not quite here as of yet, she had a week or so left she figured. She was inherently glad that she knew his name, feeling that to not know his name would have been heart rendering sad.

Though Thistle was interested in healing, healing was not what was on her mind at this time. She was too busy thinking of the wolf in front of her in a different context than she would ever admit. She had to admire the way his white mask enlightened his eyes and underneath his fur she could see the smooth ripple of muscles there and yet again it made her mouth run dry. She managed to open her mouth and a small whispered "Thank you. Came from her lips though she was surprised that her voice was a bit more husky and higher than usual. She coughed to clear her throat.

Thistle looked down at his paws digging into the dirt and then back up to his green gaze with the fiery blue brand of her own. "Crete, where did you get that name a family member perhaps? She immediately wanted to bang her head to the ground who asked such a question when obviously something much more serious was going on, even if she couldn't put her paw on it.
65 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
I really don't know, and that's what sort of exciting about that whole love triangle, I think! ;-) Aha, Thistle's a cutie.

Though Crete was not particularly a stranger to the whole ‘birds and bees’, females being in heat circumstances, he remained ignorant that Thistle was close to entering her first season, and in this there was a massive conundrum as to why he was itching to close the distance between them that was gradually growing smaller with each subtle shift they seemed to make towards one another. There was a quicken to his heart beat, like the studious pounding of a war drum confined in it’s cage of his chest, echoing forcibly in his ears. He had never felt like this before, never had such a desire to close the distance and touch another - especially not a stranger; never had a desire to want his musk all over another. He had only ever had a simple childhood crush before - on a female whose fate he was unaware of, and even then it had faded as time had ebbed on. Thistle thanked him in a small voice, though her tone was different than it had been previously.

It was her cough that broke him out of his misguided thoughts, bringing him into clear focus out of the whispers of his desires. It was like a rush of cool water had been doused on his face and subtly, Crete shook his head, as if he hoped that the motion would keep such inappropriate thoughts and desires at bay. For the time being, it seemed to work. This allowed Crete to focus upon her next question, as to which he responded with a nod of his head, confirming that he was, indeed named after a family member. Technically, he was Crete the second. It had always been an honor to be named after his father’s gone-too-soon youngest brother. It was these things that Crete clung too to stay afloat in the sea of temptations he had abruptly found himself swimming in.

table by houkie
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Though Crete himself may not be ignorant to the female in heat thing though she did not know this, Thistle herself was very new to it and was still not entirely sure what was going to happen when the time came. She figured she would be confused and a little wary, but at the same time she was looking forward to her growth into female adulthood.

The closer that Crete got to her the hotter Thistle became, and there was a rushing roaring in her ears and all she could focus on was his eyes and how they were deep and dark and tempting. She could lose herself in them she imagined she could bury her face in his neck fur and lose herself there too. She momentarily thought about offering herself up for a dalliance, but as she saw him shake his head she too was rushed to the present time and remembered the question she had just asked. She realized there was a hitch in her breathing but she forced herself to look at him and take deep breaths.

She was unsure how to proceed and at the moment she was far to hot and bothered to really think to hard, but she forced herself to focus at his nod. "Was it on your father's side?" She figured she would ask if it was his father first and his mother next give him time to shake his head for each. "Was it your mother's side? It was slow going learning about the male mute standing before her, but she didn't care, she was more than willing to pass the day with him and their conversation as slow as it was going.