Neverwinter Forest teenage wasteland
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Attn: @Eshe

At this point, Goober wasn't even trying to stick to the plan Smash had thought up. It wasn't that he didn't want to, he just... didn't really give it much thought. He had wandered this way and that, and now found himself at the doorstep of a pack. The jovial male blinked, ensuring that he was not too close to their borders, and then he howled. Maybe somebody here would know where Reek and Saena were.
252 Posts
Ooc —
The summons came as a pleasant surprise to the she-wolf, who was nearby. Social and affable and a lover of company, Eshe did not mind visitors. Of course she'd never let them inside, but visiting did not seem so bad a thing! So she trotted toward the direction of the call and arrived there within a short amount of time; Goober did not have too much of a wait. Eshe looked him over with a warm smile, the manner more of a nurse inspecting a patient than a wolf vetting a recruit or sizing up an opponent—nothing but sweetness involved.

Hey! she greeted, pulling up short as she broke through the trees. You rang? perhaps he had a specific reason for visiting... perhaps he just wanted company... or perhaps, she thought with a twinge of excitement, he was looking for somewhere to reside!
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
A female arrived, friendly and smiling, which was a relief. Goober didn't handle confrontation well. And by that, I mean he would just melt into a puddle until it was all over. She greeted him cheerily and then offered him a chance to explain why he had called. "I did! I'm looking for a couple of wolves. Reek and Saena are their names. They used to live at Redtail Rise, but they're not there any more. Any chance you'd have a clue as to where they might've gone?" Goober asked. He would keep on asking until his ten days were up, and then he'd report back to Smash. Even if he didn't find anything, at least he knew he'd covered a lot of ground.
252 Posts
Ooc —
He got straight to the point, and Eshe looked thoughtful for a minute or two. The name Saena and the name Reek... neither registered with her. If she had ever heard of them, she could not recall. She frowned and shook her head. Sorry, no. Can't say I've heard of Redtail Rise, either, she admitted, Sorry. But my mate might know of the name, or of them... I wasn't around Teekon for too long, before leaving and coming back. But he's got history here, so... she shrugged, and then went on to say, I could ask him for you? He might be busy at the moment, but it could not hurt to call and see. Still, she waited for his go-ahead, in case the matter wasn't so important to him as to warrant that.
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
The time between him asking and her answering felt a lot longer than it really was. For a moment, Goober thought she might actually be able to give him some direction on where to find them. His disappointment was palpable when she revealed that she didn't have any clue what he was talking about. "Bummer," he thought, though she had another idea that might help, and Goober perked up again. "That would be awesome!" he replied, tail wagging. "As long as it's not any trouble, of course."
252 Posts
Ooc —
I'll call him. If he's busy now, I'll ask him later when he's not, and maybe we can rendezvous tomorrow or something if you plan to stay in the area for that long? She tilted her head and then lifted her head, calling for her mate @Scimitar and hoping that he would join them. If not, it just meant he was busy with something else... perhaps on the other side of the territory, or with a subordinate of theirs. Whatever it was, she was not too worried. She'd find out what Goober wanted to know, and if there was any information she gleaned of the duo or the place he spoke of she'd let him know.

rach, you can hop in if you have time!!! at any point!
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"I can stay close by tonight," Goober assured her. "I gotta meet back up with my friend in..." he counted the days in his head, "five days." He would need at least a day to get all the way back to Redtail Rise (or what was left of it). But there was no rushing to run away from this place just yet. Goober wanted to wait around for at least a little while to see if her packmate would know anything about the aforementioned names. Not wanting silence to fall over them and cause any kind of awkwardness, Goober filled in the gaps. "I'm Goober, by the way. What's your name?"
252 Posts
Ooc —
Eshe nodded at him, relieved to hear there was no real rush. He'd be local, and so she'd be able to find him if Scimitar wasn't available here and now. When her call died, he spoke again, and she blinked at his name. Goober! Did I hear that right??? What a great name! Goober, she breathed. The name itself could bring on happiness, and it did; Eshe smiled as she introduced herself. I'm Eshe, Eshe Frostfur, alpha female of this here forest. Which, by the way, is called Neverwinter. I don't suppose you belong to Redtail Rise, on account of you looking for it... now, I hate to be nosy, but you're not lookin' for it on account of some villainous vendetta, are you? Eshe squinted at him, and in a high pitched, fretful southern lilt admitted, Because that is just something I cannot support!
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"You did!" he replied when she remarked on his name. Eshe introduced herself, her home, and asked (in so many words) why he was looking for Redtail Rise. "Oh dear, no!" he protested, faux balking at the mere thought of such a thing. "My friend, Smash, she's just looking for them because she used to live at Redtail Rise. She told them she'd come back, but they weren't there when she returned. The whole place looks like it got cooked up by a big fire." It was possible that Smash had more nefarious reasons for looking for the two wolves, and the thought had crossed Goober's mind, but she had seemed genuine. Besides, he liked to assume others had good intentions.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Smash! Eshe loved that name, too! Why, do all the wolves 'round here have such perfect names!? She was positively bewildered by this, and her tail waved to show it. Eshe could not help but wonder at Smash's intent but... well, Goober seemed like a good and honest fellow. With her theory that like called to like, she couldn't fathom Smash being an evil critter. Isn't that a shame, came her whisper, her face changing into a concerned frown. She did not even want to ask if they found any skeletons there in the process... probably not, if Smash was holding on to hope. Surely they searched high and low! I sure hope everyone made it out of there alright! He all but confirmed he was not part of Redtail Rise, too, in the process. Perhaps Smash was, though. Well, when it wasn't burnt to a crisp.

Well, listen, if things don't pan out so well with Redtail, you an' Smash are welcome to stay with us. We're new, but we're family, and our family could only get better with Goober and Smash, too, if she wants, in the ranks! She assumed that otherwise, Goober might have all the desire in the world to stick with Redtail on account of Smash, and that was alright by her. Hopefully my mate will be right along, but no matter what, I'll see what I can find out for y'all, cross my heart.
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Goober tucked his head bashfully when Eshe mentioned that both he and Smash had "perfect names." Then again, Smash was a good name (and a good wolf, to boot). He nodded along when Eshe voiced her hopes for survivors. The thought of Smash's friends being dead was simply awful, and he didn't even want to entertain that outcome.

"Smash won't be able to stay," Goober regretfully informed Eshe, "She's got kids and a mate waiting for her back home. She was really just here to visit her friends, but it turned into a bit of an ordeal when she got to Redtail Rise." As for Goober... well, he wasn't sure just yet. For now, his only plan was to help Smash find her friends and report back on the agreed date.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Oh, Eshe said, disappointed by it but not too terribly torn up if only because she did not know her. Can't even imagine the thoughts that must have ran through her head when she saw the state of her friends home... once-home, I guess, she amended. Gosh, I just hope everything turns out well! Vacation-turned-impromptu funeral hardly sounded ideal. She wouldn't wish that on her worst enemy! Well, the offer stands for you then, mister Goober, if it pleases you! I won't cry too much if you decline; there's so much world to see, an' all that! Eshe smiled, her words teasing except for the offer she had extended. She had been serious about that. If you're lookin' for a family, well, we're around. She liked Goober already; his spunk, his excitable energy, and how easy he was to talk to, on top of that!
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Last one for me, thank you!

Sensing (correctly or not) that Eshe wanted to get back to her pack duties, Goober felt he couldn't keep her away from that much longer. "I appreciate it!" he replied genuinely, "and even if I don't end up staying with y'all, I'll at least stop by again to see if you've heard anything from your mate." He paused, smiling happily at Eshe for a moment longer. She was just so likable!

"I'm gonna get going to ask whoever else I can find before sunset. Thanks again, Eshe Frostfur!" Without further ado, and not wanting her to protest his departure (lest she feel guilty for insinuating he should leave), Goober bounded away with a grin on his face and pep in every step.