Fairspell Meadow i don't know where i'm going.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
All Welcome 
Thank GOD.

He knew this place. He knew it. He had grown up here. This was home. Or, as much of a home as Whittier Frostfur had ever had. There were a lot of deep, insightful, emotional things that could have been used to expand upon that statement. But damn it, Whit was tired. Whit was hungry. Whit was ready as fuck to not be traveling anymore.

Freaking' Allure. This was her fault. Did she not have any idea that by leaving, she was forcing her brother to come after her? Whit was not a moron. He knew he had been ill-equipped to track her down. Even if he'd ever found her, what was he going to do to keep her safe? Sit on her enemies? Roll over them? Pathetic them to death by falling down a hill mid-attack? The latter was his best bet. And he'd still never get to prove it because he was never going to find her anyway.

OMG what was his brain even doing right now? He needed a god damn snack. Whit had always been a chubby pup, but now his girth hung loosely from him, quivering as he turned his paws southward and walked. There was water along the horizon and though Whit had never been great at catching any kind of food, frogs hibernating along riverbanks were easy enough prey for even the most pathetic. Such as Whittier.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was on a new scout mission. Next to Lake Rodney had been a forest. He did not know the name of this forest but he wanted to explore it. Slowly the male had traveled further seeing that he ended up by some steppe. He remembered this from his travels with Andalusia. The male had never seen her again after he had been so injured and she had helped him home. The male knew his father's pack was close somewhere but the male was just curious what was laying behind this. Maybe there was an ever better territory than Broken Antler Fen. After a long time of traveling he ended up by a large meadow. He knew the Brotherhood's forest was to his right. The large male decided that he needed something to eat if he wanted to travel back.

Sebastian decided that he would go after some low energy hunting, which was fishing. Sebastian searched for a small stream. This was the perfect time for fishing. Ice was melting but the water was still cold enough to make fish slow and easy to catch. Sebastian stood in the cold water, his eyes focused on the water below him. Then out of no where Sebastian lunged forward, a middle sized fish. Sebastian placed it on the bank and started eating. It had been a long time since he had fish. The scent of a fresh kill being carried up the stream.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whittier trudged along towards the riverside. It seemed the burst of energy he'd gotten finding himself in slightly familiar territory was short-lived, for now he felt himself beginning to drag again. Fortunately it was not a long walk, and there was no one around to judge him when he flopped onto ground to rest for a while before he actually started hunting.

Well, no one around except that guy over there.

Whit watched him as he headed towards the water. He was usually a very social creature, but at the moment he was too lazy to do much more than stare. That is until the other wolf flopped a fish up onto the bank beside him. Then Whittier was up and striding forward with a friendly smile upon his faded muzzle.

"Hey there," he called out, wagging his tail. eyes occassionally flickering towards the fish upon the ground.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was pulling the pieces of fish meat off the middle sized fish when another younger wolf showed his face. Sebastian had been so focused that he had not really noticed him. His first instinct was to bare his teeth a bit seeing that this was his lunch. Then his mind reasoned that this was just a kid. "Hey," Sebastian spoke.

He moved back to his fish, quite eager to get more grams inside of his body before he would feel guilty. He looked up at the other with suspicion. The male looked young, just an adult maybe not even that. His pale eyes kept looking at him. Sebastian was pretty sure what he wanted, still the male took another good bite of his food making sure it was protected well by his large body.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whit fell back a bit, sensing the other male's tension as he approached. He offered a friendly enough hello, but it didn't go unnoticed how he shifted protectively over his catch. Apparently this one was not the sharing type. At least, not without a little coaxing.

"Are you from around here?" Whit asked, slipping down onto his haunches and shifting his ears back. He'd been told he looked younger with his ears back like that and his head lowered. And he was definitely going for young. Young and pathetic.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Whit reminds me of Bolt begging now. XD
[Image: pleasebolt.gif]

Sebastian watched the pup get closer. He licked over his lips and sat down. the fish between his paws. The younger male asked if he was from here. Sebastian shook his head because he wasn't. He took another bite figuring that if he ate bite by bite he would at least have part of his meal eaten before his guilt would set in. "No. Though I do plan on settling in the south. I was just scouting nearby territories," he explained to the one without name.

The large male gave him a good look, more like wondering briefly. "How about you then?," he questioned. Sebastian was always opened to have a talk with others. He was not even that aggressive but he also did not want to come over as such a wuss that a younger wolf would steal from him. Over all this was a good practice for him Sebastian realized.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
LOL that's totally what I envisioned

The man answered, and Whittier did his best to pay attention. It didn't work that great. He was far more focused on eyeing every morsel of food that disappeared behind the other wolf's teeth. It took every ounce of self-restraint he had to not lick his lips, knowing very well that such a move would give his charade away. Not that staring wide-eyed at it was helping him keep any secrets, but he couldn't just be fully aware of himself now could he?

It took him a second to realize he'd been asked a question, but only a beat passed before he was lifting his eyes to the Man's face instead of his mouth. "Yeah, I was born around her. North of here, technically, I think..." Whit replied, pausing thoughtfully. He only knew this area because of briefly traveling through it when leaving it completely. "We lived on Nova Peak before the tornadoes destroyed it." Isn't that sad? You should feed me.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
So cute! :D

Sebastian already had the feeling that the youngster wanted food. And he was not as heartless that he wouldn't not give it to him but the male liked to at least help him with catching food. Little did Sebastian know that the younger wolf was just to lazy. The large male's smile fell when he spoke how nature caused his territory to fall. Sebastian licked his lips. "That is horrible and now you are without a home?," he asked carefully. Sebastian could offer him a home, take him under his wing like Aduin, if the male wanted that.

"Can you hunt? Because I can teach you how to fish and it takes far less energy than to run after a prey animal," he spoke to him. They were by the stream and if they were standing still then they might as well catch a few more fish, well, probably he as a skilled fisherman would get more than a newbie but it would still provide them with food.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whittier's ears perked slightly as he heard the stranger's pitying tone. He forced them back down quickly though for it didn't go unnoticed by him that the other guy had food and he did not. He gave a half-heartedly brave shrug and "forced" a sad smile.

"Yeah, I'm on my own," Whit replied with a sigh, "But it's okay, I've gotten by so far. Hopefully I've got a bit more luck still before it runs out." He laughed a little, making it sound as hollow as possible. Because that's what he was - hollow. Not actually the sad kind of hollow he was trying to portray, but the empty stomach kind of hollow.

Whittier was feeling pretty confident at that point that he was nearing his goal. He had pulled off pathetic. He definitely won himself the sympathy vote. And if he wasn't mistaken, he'd just pulled off the brave little trooper play. All that was left was for the dude to cough up his dinner and then they could both be on their way. Wasn't that what they all wanted really?

But no. Whit couldn't help himself. His ears perked when the stranger offered to teach him how to fish. Instead of just giving him a fish, he wanted to teach him how to do it himself. What was the point of that! Why learn to fish when others could do it for you. This guy was dumb.

But... maybe Whit could still turn this around...

"Really? You'd do that for me?" he asked, eyes widening as though he could hardly believe his luck. Truth be told, he had a plan already that would still save him from having to do any work. He was crafty like that. Physically lazy, absolutely. Mentally? Not.. always... (Usually though yeah)
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian popped up his ears when the youngster told him that. "Oh, but don't you want to be a in a pack then?," he wondered, not knowing about the boy's quest or his want for food that he was trying to get out of him. Sebastian at least had the feeling that the youngster was hungry. The male pushed himself to his feet after he finished his fish. He nodded to the younger male and walked towards the stream, stepping into it.

"Yes," he spoke. "Get in the stream." Sebastian was not unwilling to show him, or give him a few pointers. Fishing was not that difficult, it was mostly standing still and be focussed. The fish would quickly get adjusted and sometimes even nip at one's fur if they were bold enough and there were some parasites or flies in it. This was mostly in summer though. "Now you have to stand still and look down for any moving shapes. Don't be fooled, because of the light in the water they might be right there but they are actually a bit off, so try to grab them but aim next to their bodies. It might sound weird but you have to trust my countless hours of trying," he spoke with a hint of a smile.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Bingo.

"Well, see... I actually left my pack 'cause I'm trying to find my sister," Whit said, covering his pleasure at getting to play the caring-older-brother card with a caring-older-brother sincerity, "She left a while ago and I wanted to make sure she was okay, so I went after her. I'm not great at tracking though and I kind of lost the trail.. I figure she had it in her mind to come this way though since this is where we grew up. I wanna join a pack again, but I have to find her first." The latter part of his speech was true. And actually the caring-older-brother thing was completely accurate as well. He had gone after her after she'd left, wanting to stay with her and make sure she was okay and safe. And he did assume this was where she'd come. He did want to return to the comfy cozy life of a pack wolf too, and he resisted any invitations he had thus far received because of his self-proclaimed mission to locate Allure.

The use of that as a sympathy play was where the whole thing became a little dishonest. But moving on.

Obediently, Whittier strode into the stream. He actually had never minded swimming or getting wet, but his idea of a swim was more just standing there enjoying the feeling of the water and maybe a little bit of splashing. Actual swimming was not something he was into. The water was a bit cold, but not at all unbearable. He glanced back at Sebastian as he began to instruct on how to fish, and Whittier gave him a determined nod as he concluded before turning back to stare into the water.

Whatever Sebastian said, Whittier couldn't see a damn thing. He frowned as though frustrated, though in truth he wasn't really trying. He knew there was no way in hell he was going to snag a fish, even if one did get close enough. He was too slow, fish were too fast, and we all knew how that was going to end. But, Whit would at least give the charade his best effort, if not the actual fishing.

Whit froze as he saw nothing whatsoever quite suddenly in the river. For a moment he was still as though watching something for the right moment, then clumsily he dove towards the water. His limbs flailed as he splashed into the river and he jerked his head about, snapping his jaws for a bit before finally pulling himself back up with a disappointed grimace. "Damn! I thought I was going to get that one... Ugh, I'm so bad at everything..." Whittier moaned theatrically. He shook some of the water off of himself before glancing back at Sebastian, wondering if he had any more pointers to give or if he was ready to just get the fish for him.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian listened to the younger male. He liked that he was looking for his sister. Sebastian wondered how his own sister was doing. She had probably gone off somewhere and joined another pack. The male at least hoped that for her. He had been closed to Nathaniel who also left Teekon again, he had the feeling the male would. He was better on his own. Sebastian nodded slowly. "I can imagine you want to find her. Maybe you should try the Caldera pack or Moonspear! Those packs could house her I believe!," he spoke, maybe it would help him on his journey. Burke had the feeling that she would not be at Black Feather Woods.

The large male lifted his head and watched the pup. There was no real determination as he went after the fish. It almost looked clumsy. Sebastian wasn't sure how to deal with this. The male looked down himself, the fish had been startled so they needed to wait for a bit longer. "Well you can try again. They will return in a few moments. I am sure you can do it," he encouraged. Sebastian was tempted to pick a fish himself but that would not be a good reward for the young male in Sebastian's eyes. "I doubt you are bad at everything. I know you can do it. Just grab next to the fish not aim for it. The water plays tricks on our eyes."
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Nope, not ready yet it seemed. Whittier frowned as he looked back at the water. What did he need to do to break this guy? Maybe if he waded in deeper and pretended to slip and did some splashing around as though he was about to drown. That might do the trick. But how far would he need to go to get to a point that was deep enough to make it believable? He didn't want to have to go too far and wear himself out, especially when he'd have to come all the way back. Plus what if the current got stronger and he actually got caught in it? That wouldn't be any good. Then he might get carried too far away from this guy and by the time he got back to shore, he'd be gone and there'd be no chance of getting a meal. What to do, what to do...

In all of Whittier's plotting, the thought of actually trying to catch a fish on his own failed to occur to him. Not even when he saw the glimmer of fins in the water a couple of feet away from where he stood did it really strike him that putting forth actual effort might get him what he wanted in the end - mostly he just saw a chance at food and went for it with another burst of his muzzle into the water.

Whit snapped at the fish, trying to aim just ahead of it like he'd been instructed and hadn't realized he'd actually picked up. Unfortunately, he chose poorly as to where to aim and the fish darted safely away, leaving the Frostfur more of a Wetfur than Frosty. He lifted his head again with an actual "Damnit!" and watched as it diseappeared in the ripples that swept away from his paws.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian stood across from the boy and watched him. His second try was another fail it seemed. Sebastian didn't want him to be too discouraged. It seemed that the young male was passionate about it, so the grey tank wasn't going to give him a fish that quickly. He wagged his tail. "You were so close!," he let out, beaming more. The large male noticed that there was another fish coming in, passing by, stupidly enough.

"There," he pointed out to the other. Sebastian kept his muzzle low to the water. He was ready to strike if this boy before him would fail again. "It is up to you if you catch it," he spoke, wanting actually to have the boy catch his own meal. Still, if this one would fail then he would be a back up for him, yet hopefully it would boost the ego of the other that he wanted to catch this fish on his own. Not with the help of an adult.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I'm so mean to him lol

Whit scowled at the water as droplets slipped off of his now soaked fur. He had to fight not to roll his eyes at the gray man's encouragement. He was very much over this whole thing. It didn't take much to frustrate him and once frustrated, giving up was only a matter of seconds away. When the next fish was pointed out, the Frostfur was very tempted to start whining that his companion just get it for him - a ploy that would have worked on Bazi at this point, but would no doubt have pushed Scimitar's temper too far.

That in mind, Whittier sucked in another breath and set himself back to the task. He eyed the fish the silver make had pointed out, narrowing his eyes. He fought the compulsion to fling himself wildly at it, instead trying hard to figure out which way it was heading so that he could better aim for it. It wriggled carelessly in the water and Whittier watched as the ripples played with his view of it. When finally he thought he had it's movements down, Whit struck, his jaws once again splashing into the water and snapping closed on....

More water.

Whit hung his head as he failed once more to snatch his prey. It had certainly been closer that time and he's so nearly had it, but he pulled away from the water with an empty mouth, and so he hardly cared that he at least had improved from his first try. Turning back towards the shore, he shook himself off once again and gave a defeated sigh. "I don't think I'm cut out for this..." he muttered as he walked back towards dry land, perfectly ready to all it quits regardless of whether or not he managed to win enough sympathy points for he stranger to fish for him and put him out of his misery.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
It makes it so adorable! :D

Sebastian had been there as a back up. He really felt like the boy was having a good chance now. But he aimed at the wrong place. Sebastian stayed focussed even though the youngster was not very pleased with what he had done. As the fat fish dashed towards his legs Sebastian ducked his head down. His teeth clamped around the fish. The male pulled the fish out of the water where his wiggled heavily in his mouth. Sebastian's head was moving a bit with the fish trying to 'swim' away. Sebastian went after the youngster, stepping on the bank. He placed the fish at his feet, far away enough from the bank that the fish couldn't get back into the water. It wound die soon enough. "Sure you are! You were already so much better! Here. Because you tried so hard," he spoke and nudged the fish closer to him.

"Watch out for the fishbones," he spoke to the younger one, unsure if he had eaten fish before. "Have you eaten fish before?," he questioned, just in case. Sebastian sat down, smiling a bit at the young male. Sebastian hoped that the male would get from this reward that all he needed to do was stop trying. If he would master this skill somewhat it did meant less running. Sebastian liked fishing a lot, but that was because he had always liked water. He liked diversity in his meats, so having the skill to fish was quite the solution for the grey tank of a male.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whittier glanced over his shoulder at the sound of Sebastian splashing in the water. He at first had thought it was just residual splashing from his own exit up onto dry land, but now that he was standing there not making any more sound, he realized it had to be the other wolf. His heart sank at the sight of the gray wolf heading back towards him with the fish clutched between his teeth - a sight that would have thrilled him only minutes before. He felt guilt roil in his belly as the fish was dropped at his paws. He had actually tried to catch it that time, and had failed. He didn't deserve to be fed. Tricking someone into fishing for you and feeding you, totally on the up and up - he could've feasted like a king under those circumstances. But to actually try and fail? He deserved to starve.

The logic of youth. Or maybe of Whittier Frostfur. Who knows.

"Thanks," Whit mumbled, still feeling downtrodden. Watching it flopping feebly on dry land managed to stir his hunger again, and he reached down to begin tearing past its scaled underbelly. He tore at the tender flesh and gave a nod to Sebastian to confirm that this was not his first fish fry. Which wasn't to say he wouldn't swallow any of the spiny little bones, but he did at least know he'd regret it either going in now or out later.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian watched the youth and wondered why he wasn't too excited to eat while he had been talking about food for a long time. Sebastian nodded slowly and sat down, watching him for now. The young alpha thought he deserved it but if he would have known the pup had tricked him he might have felt cheated. Though Sebastian didn't know so no harm was done.

He nodded shortly when the pup nodded in reply about his question. Fishbones could be tricky business and he did not want to have the youngster choke on them. The large male would sit by just in case and let him eat in peace. He did not find that he needed to talk to the boy. For now there would be some peace and quiet.
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whittier managed to consume the entire fish without getting himself stabbed in the throat too severely. He coughed a few times as a missed bone scraped his esophagus. It was about then that Stevie decided she's too immature to narrate this, so let's skip ahead.

His meal finished, Whit stood and set his gaze back upon his companion. His mood had lifted now that his belly was full, and so the smile he shared was a far more genuine one than it had been previously. "Thanks for your help, and for the meal," the Frostfur said, "You're a good guy."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded. "You are very welcome," he spoke with the nod of his head. "If you seek a home, I have a pack south of the lake next to the Caldera," he explained to the male before he would leave. "You are welcome to knock on my door," he offered and then smiled kindly.

The large male then decided that he would have to leave soon, he had left hopsack alone for long enough and this trip would take a long time. He hoped to return by nightfall. If he walked on at a quick pace he might be able to make it. "I guess this is where our ways part."
145 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Whit was thinking along the same lines already when Sebastian brought their encounter to a close. He listened to the offer the man made with some interest, but it was information he would shelf until later. He was on a mission and now that he was back in the Wilds, he felt as though he was finally getting close to achieving his goal. He couldn't stop now, in spite of how much his lazier self wanted to.

"Yeah," Whit nodded with a smile, "Thanks again. Maybe I'll see you around." With a wag of his tail, Whit turned and headed off again. Hopefully soon to find Allure, but more than likely to continue wandering with toes crossed that he didn't die.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian nodded his goodbye, he had the feeling this youngster would find a way to survive on his own. Though hopefully he would consider his offer. Sebastian could only hope and wait for him to show up. It seemed the young male was quite determined. The large male trotted off, feeling good about the good deed he just did.

-end-