Neverwinter Forest lately
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Private 
For my love! Being vague with my timeline here... 

After seeing Jorunn was well and hearty, Kaskara left him and went in search of her mate. They had settled in a tree-root system near the northwestern border, but they would need something more permanent now. Especially as the season gripped her and began changing her body, though it was still somewhat faint. She knew her heat was coming and soon she would either need to mate or hide from everyone. Though she'd never mated before, she knew that the grip of procreation was so strong that any male was fair game, even siblings. And the thought of that weirded her out so much that she wanted to make sure that things were taken care of if she needed to hide away for a while.

Though her heart soared at the idea of children, she knew @Kieran was reluctant. So as darkness settled over the land, she moved from the borders toward the inner territory, following her husband's scent. They'd need to talk about this, and soon. Before long her heat would be in full swing, and she would have two choices: mate or hide. She hoped she could try for children, but she wasn't sure what her husband thought of the idea these days.
Faoi bhun mo chiche beats croi de laochra fior
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran had smelled the faint change on the wind and he knew very well that his love would hit her season and he would have to deal with it. He was still reluctant about the idea of children, mostly because he feared he'd mess it up somehow, but if it was what she wanted, he'd give it to her. He also would kill any male, including her brother that even looked at her crooked during that time, he was positive.

Kieran sniffed around the area, marking any borders that needed it. Mostly however, he was just going along. he wouldn't admit it to himself or to Kaskara, but he was looking for a bigger den in case of anything as well. He also planned to be by her side the entire time she was in heat and even if that meant he couldn't sleep he wouldn't.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
It didn't take long to find her husband that evening, sniffing around the borders and looking for something. Kaskara smiled warmly as she approached him, kissing his cheek and rubbing her shoulder against his. Though her heat was not yet full, within the next few weeks she was sure it would bloom, and they'd have to make a decision. How are you tonight? she asked softly, falling into step beside him so they could continue walking. She wasn't one to settle down or be still for long, especially with the uncertainty of the mountain wolves looming over them.

I just saw Jorunn! He's living with a pack not far from here, on the coast. She hoped that his pack was safe from the marauders, but was glad to know he had found a home for himself. If anything every went awry, she told him he was always welcome within their ranks, since he was family. Have you done anything interesting lately? Met anyone new? She wanted to know what he did in his free time when they weren't together; it wasn't a jealous question, but simply a curious one.

Kaskara knew that any woman who tried to take Kieran from her would suffer her wrath, and Kieran wasn't stupid enough to try it. They loved each other fully and completely, a love that was built first on friendship and trust. She trusted him implicitly, and would never dream of being jealous.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran was surprised out of his thoughts by Kaskara. He smiled at her, his green eyes twinkling merrily at her for a moment. She had shown up as if his thoughts conjured her. Her next question made him pause and he looked at her and shrugged. Oi'm quite gran' so. Jist patrollin' the-night

He listened to her chuckling quietly at her excitement. As she plied him with questions he had to shake his head and regather his thoughts. She had stirred them up and made him feel slightly slow. He had to take a minute to catch up and he almost answered her in his own language so quick were her questions, but he stopped himself at first. Tá áthas orm a chonaic tú Jorunn. He shook his head and chuckled and answered her this time in her own language.Scon are glad yer saw jorunn. Scon are glad 'e's doin' well. Oi 'enny done anythin' ter interestin'. Oi met dat wolf leader from de mountain. 'e's a roi jerk. Yer man tinks 'e's entitled, oi wanted ter rip 'is bake av meself. Oi mostly jist patrol whaen oi'm not witcha love.

It didn't even cross Kieran's mind that there maybe another man or that he would fancy another female, because it just wouldn't happen, and he'd kill the first man to try.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara smiled as his native tongue presented itself. She never tired of hearing him speak, and she even had learned a few words herself. It was nothing compared to his beautiful language, but sometimes she could speak with him. Tá mé sásta sé ag déanamh go maith. Her accent wasn't the smoothest, but as far as she was concerned, she was learning from the very best. Kas smiled softly and kissed his cheek again, reveling in his warmth and closeness. There was nothing quite like being in the presence of someone you loved.

As Kieran told her of his days, she frowned softly. The alpha of the mountain wolves was lucky she hadn't met him yet; from what she could tell, he was an arrogant asshole who thought nothing of his own insults and his pack's disrespect for this group of warriors. If he wished, they could go to war easily, and Kaskara was not afraid to do so. She knew Scimitar and Kieran weren't either, especially when it came to their pack, but war was not always the answer. He's lucky I haven't met him yet, she said with a growl, shaking her head at the thought of that arrogant fool. But she shook her head softly, turning to other thoughts.

We should take a patrol together, she suggested softly, running her nose through the fur at his neck. I wanted to ask you something, Kieran. She waited, eyes trained upon him, hope and disappointment battling in her heart. Would he deny her the pups she longed for, or would he finally relent?
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran smiled at her and chuffed gently. Thrilled to hear his own language off of her tongue. It gave him neverending heart chills. It had been a long time since he thought he may hear the language in a woman's lilt. Kieran leaned into her lick and licked her muzzle gently.

Kieran saw her frown and then he chuckled at her righteous anger at the mountain wolf. Aye yer man is. Kieran listened to her more and nodded his head when she shook hers. He tilted towards her and chuffed speaking in quiet tones. 'e's an arrogant eejit. An' yer man 'as chosen ter make de wrong enemies. Yer man 'ill regret it. It doesn't take much ter be kind.

Kieran shivered at her touch, at the vulnerable place along side his neck. he turned towards her again and he stopped moving for a moment and looked at her. Sure love. Waaat wud yer loike ter ask me? Yer lead de way?
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kieran was right: it didn't take much to be kind. And it wasn't as if they had gone parading into their territory and demanding things. While the wolves of this pack were vetted warriors, they were primarily a peaceful pack. The Frostfurs and O'Malleys were simply looking for a place to call home, for once and for all. They weren't trying to start any conflict by settling here. Her mind strayed from the mountain wolves as he shivered under her touch. She smiled softly, kissing his cheek again before stepping back.

It wasn't quite her time, and they needed to talk about this now, before she was put into an impossible situation. She moved off toward the border again and knew he would follow. After a moment, she finally had the words to speak. I've been thinking about our future, Kieran. I'm happy living with my family here. But I was hoping we could talk about our family. She looked at him briefly, wondering if he knew where this was going. It's almost my time, Kieran, and I would love nothing more but to have a chance at bearing your children. She said chance, because although they were mates and she was still young, there was no guarantee that she was fertile, or that their first try would succeed.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran shifted at her touch, and chuffed gently at the emptiness her warmth left when she moved away. She was like a neverending stream for the male. He couldn't get enough of her. His beautiful Kaskara.

He followed behind her, enjoying the view, but he was shocked from his thoughts at the next words that came from her mouth. He stopped in midstep and took a deep breath. He had to take a few more as she boldly approached the topic that was near and dear to her heart especially lately. Kieran had thought that it would be brought up, but he still wasn't prepared. He looked at her and weighed his words carefully. Waaat if dat monster followed me 'ere? Or waat if oi'm not pure gran' at bein' a owl lad? You'll be a deadly ma thar's naw doubt aboyt dat? but oi'm not gran' at bein' lovey an' oi'm lorge an' auld? Waat if oi canny gie yer waat yer want?
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Kaskara continued onward, hoping that her words wouldn't flummox him this time. Their previous conversations had gone well, but always ended in Kieran being unsure of puppies and what that might mean for their future. Kaskara understood that, and yet her heart yearned for motherhood, with all the joys and trials that entailed. She walked for a few moments before she realized his paws had stopped, and turned to watch him. His eyes were wide, and his mouth was parted slightly. If this wasn't a serious moment, she might have laughed at his silly expression.

But this was a serious moment and a serious conversation. So she turned back toward him, closing the distance easily, her heart and mind warring with each other. She knew what Kieran said was true and a possibility, but she also didn't want to listen to reason. Why should she live her life in fear of someone she had never met? If he followed you, then we'll take care of him. I'm not afraid. She would stand up for her family, those that were and those that could be, if the need arose. As to his next point, Kas simply shrugged. I can't say I'll be a very good mother, either. I don't expect perfection, Kieran. She sighed softly, gaze turned toward the ground. Then she glanced up at him with a smile. All I want is to try. If it doesn't work out, that's okay. I'll always have you. She pressed her nose against his cheek, placing a soft lick against it.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran always felt so awkward when the conversation was brought to pups. He wouldn't like and say he didn't like the idea. When in actuality he loved the idea of little O'Malley's, but the truth was he was scared to death. Not much scared the scarred warrior, but the thought of puppies made his heart stop and his breathing grow hitched. He was certain something bad would happen, or that they would lose them or something. Because bad luck followed him like the plague. He still was wary of their relationship in the back of his mind certain that enemies would come and take his beauty away from him.

Kieran laid his ears back and nodded his head. He would kill the male if he followed him this time. Kieran was certain. Kieran felt his heart softening and though there was a fear there, he also couldn't deny Kaskara what she wanted, not ever. He leaned into her lick and licked her muzzle softly and spoke, though he choked on the words a little bit. Gran' so me love, babies so tiz den.