The Sentinels the witch's garden
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
All Welcome 
All welcome, but tagging @Deirdre!

The snowmelt came, and with it an abundance of herbs began growing in every nook and cranny of the sentinels. Eilidh had an idea, something that her mother quietly encouraged, and with today's warm temperatures and slight rain, the soil would be the perfect consistency to begin her project. Having stockpiled seeds and herbs and bulbs within her winter storage den, Eilidh now had one thing on her mind: creating a medicinal herb garden.

Eilidh was scouting the perfect plot of land for her garden. Enough space for the sprawling vines to grow, and yet with just the right amount of sunlight and shadow, and access to the sky for rain. She wanted it to be close to her healer's den, but it didn't need to be too terribly close-by. She could move her stores as needed, and if her venture proved worthy, perhaps this would be a perennial project. There were herbs and plants that grew in the winter, so it could be on-going. She just hoped it would work.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre had been walking with her mother, trailing her outside the realm of in. with the new warmth came new permissions and it seemed that she and emaleth were granted brief interludes into the outside world. the babes were veritable rapunzels, kept away for all the hell that had been wrought upon donnelaith. the young beauty was invigorated once outdoors, the whole of her singing natures song. she stopped for every bud she saw to touch it gently and wish it well in its growth, and it seemed no blade of grass would be left alone by her, either, as she vigorously inhaled the fresh, dewy scent of it. 

blue willow paused as she herself did, and deirdre remained distracted long enough to hear the greeting. her saucer-like ears pricked as her eyes sought the wolf her mother had named. in a step that befitted the season upon them, the young, strong witch approached with a wave of her tail. hi! she beamed, and moved to lurk beneath eilidh and investigate whatever it was she stood upon now. there was so much of the world, and she was only just beginning to see it! she nosed the large paw of her sister, so that she could see whatever rest beneath it.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Ever since her talk with Casmir, where he apologized to her, Eilidh had wanted to move her garden from that spot to another. So she was searching for something new here, for something good, for her project. She paused in her work when her mother spoke, a pale shadow following, and she smiled softly as her mother settled nearby for rest. Then Deirdre saddled up to her with a greeting and nosed at her paw to see what was underneath. Hi, Deirdre, she said softly, kissing her sister softly on the head. Do you like coming outside with Mamma?

Eilidh lifted her paw and sat down to watch Deirdre as she discovered a tiny stem of an herb Eilidh had been working on unearthing. She wanted to move it to her new garden, but she thought she better have a garden ready before she moved any new life. I'm going to dig a garden nearby. Do you want to help me? Though she hadn't found the perfect plot of land, perhaps Deirdre's tiny form could help her. Though she hadn't spent much time with the girls lately, she was glad they were doing well, and hoped they continued to flourish as spring brought new life and warmth into the forest.
Trades
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
eeeek. I hope it's okay if I join! <3

The girl made her way through the Sentenials, her fluffy white tail swinging along with her hips. Her diamond faceted eyes shimmered as the sun fell through the trees onto them, and her lips were pulled slightly into a smile. She'd had a good few days. Pearl had proved not to be a total moron, and Behati was dead and gone from her life. She had moved on, mostly, from Casmir, and she was mature. Life was good, great even. 

As she went, she came across the scent of Eilidh and turned to follow it. As she grew closer, she was met with the sweet sound of a pup- Deirdre. Her pace quickened as she remembered the cute pup the first time they met. She wondered if the little thing would remember her- she prayed she would. 

She arrived quietly, her head low as she begged permission to come closer to the cute thing, her tail wagging hopefully. She was a higher rank than Eilidh- even if barely- but the pup was dangerous territory, and she didn't want to barge into any situations where she was not welcome. "Morning, Eilidh," she said kindly, her gaze falling to the cute ball of fluff tagging behind.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the little witch was distracted as her sister kissed her downy head, and looked up to her with her still-blue eyes that only, at this point, had shards of green in them. yes, she responded with a gay little smile, i do! and really she did. deirdre loved outside, and would bloom here as the flowers would. when her sister lifted her paw at last, deirdre moved to investigate what had rest between the crevices of it. oooh, what is? she looked to her resting mother, and then to her big sister, and sniffed at it. a sharp, crisp, interesting scent. not appetizing, though, as food was. again she looked to her sister, and her tail waved as she understood that she was being invited to join her sister.

a gar-den? huh??? moon-eyed, she looked to eilidh, her movements not at all unlike someone who had to release their bladder; she circled her sisters forelegs after that, a shark that hungered for the bloody meat of her sisters knowledge. deirdre bounced lightly on her paws, and nodded quickly. she did not need to be asked twice: i help you!

it was then the wolf that once, long ago, deirdre had presumed to be her big sister. her vision had not been as clear as it was here and now, but when she saw aria approaching, head low, deirdre stopped moving altogether. ee..... her heart moved to the cadence of a hummingbirds wings as she tried to digest this, looking up and seeing the wolf above her. eilidh. her confusion manifested itself into a comically adorable expression upon her countenance, her head a pendulum as it tilted left and then smoothly transitioned to lean right. the time they had met was ages ago, to one who experienced time like deirdre, but even still the cub assumed it had been eilidh she had been with that day. she was clearly mindblown that two wolves could bear any resemblance to one another; both wolves were lovely, after all, and the differences between the two were nigh unnoticeable to one at her age.

she crept backward beneath her sisters tall legs, ears melting upon her head. she felt only a bit more confident here, and so did not wilt when aria's gaze fell to her; deirdre stared in wonderment back, unaware that she, too, was pale of fur. it seemed an impossibility; nevermind that her father was as dark as her mother, they were easy for one who had known them so long to differentiate.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh laughed and smiled as her sister circled her legs, asking questions of her. In the barrage she didn't have time to reply, but when Aria arrived, her sister quieted. Eilidh smiled at the beta and dipped her head. Good morning, Aria. How are you today? she asked softly, turning her gaze to her little sister hiding beneath her. Deirdre, can you say hello to Miss Aria? Perhaps the girl was too awed at the prospect of a stranger to speak (for how could Eilidh know she that she and Aria were the same?), but Eilidh wanted to instill in her the manners of a Mayfair.

Deirdre and I were just about to head out to find a spot for a garden. Eilidh smiled as she looked up toward Aria. You're welcome to join us, if you want. The medic wondered if Aria was still seeing her brother, or if their relationship had deteriorated since Behati's death and Casmir's subsequent depression. But then she remembered that it wasn't exactly her business to ask, so instead waiting for Aria's reply before moving out.
Trades
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
eeep! sorry! i totally forgot

The girl smiled to the little pup, her tail wagging slowly. Her head lowered as she tried to get onto the same eye level as the tiny thing, trying so hard not to frighten her at the same time. "Hello, Dierdre," she cooed softly, her white eyes shining with excitement. "We've met before, I'm not sure if you would remember me," she added, her head tilting curiously to the side. It then raised as she focused back to Eilidh, her eyes shining. "I'd love to," she told the other pale wolfess, her ears perked. "Where were you thinking?"
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
her sisters gentle query had the babe looking to eilidh, shaking her head sheepishly whilst her lips parted in silent protest to the idea. she was well-mannered, but terribly shy; even as aria insisted they had met before, it was a memory deirdre had no recollection of and she was dizzied to hear of this, not at all disbelieving but simply curious. the cub felt her stomach sink some at the invitation extended toward aria, and pressed against the leg of her sister for the added feeling of safety. her head lowered some and she simply listened on to the conversation, reluctant to participate in it.

deirdre 1:08 hahahah
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
OMG so cute. <3

Eilidh smiled at her sister's shyness, kissing the top of her head gently. Its okay Deirdre, she's a friend. Do you still want to help us find a garden? she asked her tiny sister, hoping that her shyness would not dissuade her from joining on this quest. She then turned back toward Aria with a grin. I'm not sure where a good spot would be. Obviously somewhere with some room, with shade and sun both, and places for vining plants to climb. She had a few ideas in mind, but nothing set in stone. Do you have any ideas?
Trades
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Deirdre held no recollection of her, which left Aria feeling somewhat hurt. Not that it should have hurt- how would a pup so young remember? But she regained herself in a moment and nodded along to her friends words. "Well- I'm not so sure, but there are a handful of clearings in the forest that I think would work well," she said, tilting her head to the side. "I could show you a few? There's one with a stream that runs nearby- that might be good," Aria informed the other, her tail wagging behind her.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
at her sister informing her of the other being a friend, deirdre tilted her head and furrowed her brow in a puzzled manner, saying without shame, not my fend, in a manner that was not rude or harsh but given with the honesty of a child, which never was cruel except for that it could hurt the heart of others. it had not wounded her new(est) friend osprey, and so that the other might be upset at all for her words had not even been thought of as a possibility. when asked if she wished to help with the garden, deirdre looked at eilidh and nodded, though kept beneath her feeling quite safe there. it had been a task that was meant for the two of them, and though she was shy deirdre would not run from the other so long as eilidh was there and in the distance her mother, blue willow. the two spoke of potential locations, and deirdre stored their thoughts on where would be best to make the garden to memory. what vining plant is? came her broken, childish query, and then, why sun? why sha-duh? plants do climb too???? each question asked in a higher pitch than the previous one.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Show us the way, Eilidh said softly, nodding her head toward Aria. Then she turned her attention toward Deirdre as they walked, and her constant questions. The medic apprentice smiled, happy that her sister was interested in these sorts of things. Exactly, Deirdre! Vining plants are ones that climb, either trees or other plants, to reach the sun and bear their fruit. Plants need both light and shadow to grow properly. Some plants needed more sun or more shade than others, but that wasn't as important now. In time, she'd explain that to Deirdre, but for now they were simply searching for a good plot of land.
Trades
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
slight pp! message me if that isn't okay

Aria nodded to the honey-coated girl, her white gaze falling down to Dierdre, who rejected the idea of being friends with her. Pride stung, but for a pitiful amount of ego issues, she brushed over it with a look away. The pale yearling moved on, her head high and shoulders straight. She did not walk stiffly, however, the only indication that Aria currently cared little for respect or mannerisms right now; it was simply the most comfortable way she held herself. 

The girl led the pair through the trees, ears perked as she kept alert for any threats or prey- none were heard. The sound of water, however, did eventually find her, and her tail wagged behind her. "It's nearby," she told the two, focusing on Eilidh for a brief moment before finding the younger Mayfair child. She wanted to mention the stream, but was unsure how her older sister would feel about taking Deirdre to it. Could she swim? Did she want to swim? Had to seen one before? Aria was unsure of all of these things. She kept to herself.

When the trio arrived, the trees had opened up into a small clearing. As most clearings had, there was plenty of sunny space inside, while the outskirts were shaded by the thick foliage above them. Just outside the clearing, where the trees were thick once more, little sun penetrated at all. Nearby, the sound of running water reminded them that there was a stream close by. She looked to Eilidh again, "What do you think?" she asked, head tilting as she looked to the girl hopefully. The pale beta had spent an unreasonable amount of time mentally mapping out the territory- it only seemed fit she'd have a place reserved for every occasion. 
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
as her sister explained, deirdre listened intently, unaware that she had pricked the pride of aria at all. deirdre had and never would mean to offend; she was young, and had yet to learn the lines of truth and omission of it when it might hurt others, as well as broader definitions of the word 'friend', which one day deirdre might consider any donnelaith allowed into its arms. the babe was presently more than a little shy, but in time she could surely warm when exposed to warmth, quite like a plant herself.

she followed aria and eilidh, content to keep closer to eilidh but as time passed, drifting to the center of the pair. the pale trio paused in a clearing, and deirdre looked at the shafts of light that united at its very center. she sprung into it, looking upward so that the sun would warm her, tail waving slowly behind her. at aria's question she looked to her sister, wondering what she did think. was this a good place for what they sought to accomplish?
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
After explaining the answers to Deirdre's questions, the girl fell silent and walked comfortably with her sister and her friend. She didn't realize it, but now that the drama had calmed down, Eilidh had started to view Aria as a friend. They were of an age, and had similar interests besides. Maybe they could work on this garden together, and with the fruit of their labor, welcome a friendship into the world. 

When they arrived, Deirdre was the first to enter the glade. Smiling, Eilidh looked from her sister to Aria, and nodded. This is perfect, Aria. Are you sure I can use it for a garden? She didn't want to take something that wasn't hers, and yet this spot was almost too perfect. Patches of light and dark spotted the forest floor, and the gentle trickle of a stream told her there was water enough nearby. I'd love it if you'd help us tend it, if you want. She felt a little bashful offering that, but it was something they could do together, and it was the least she could offer to repay her for finding such a perfect spot.
Trades
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
"Of course!" Aria nodded, her tail waving behind her. "It is not mine-- I simply know of it," she told the other, smiling kindly and somewhat bashfully. Her face was heated, happy that she'd managed to make use of her excessive mapping of the territory. She'd known of all sorts of places in the pack, at least one had come in handy. Her ears then perked back up, looking back to Eilidh. 

"I'd love that," she replied happily, tail losing it's wave and beginning to look more like a wag. "I haven't tended a garden in a long time," she added.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre watched the two with interest, and as her sister approved of the place deirdre decided that she, too, approved of the place. she approved of every location within donnelaith, but eilidh was smart, and deirdre admired her, and so she found it possible to approve of the place even more than she already had. the pale woman was something of a role model for the cub, who aspired to be like her. and so eilidh's approval upon aria earned deirdre's approval; she was warming to the other, and at eilidh's invitation, she pranced toward aria and looked up at her as she responded. you do gardens?? she spoke to aria in full at last, her voice openly admiring of that fact. anyone who gardened was greater than grand in her book, as all of the women she looked up to did so.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh grinned between the girls present, happy that her vision of a witch's garden was coming true at last. I would love for you to help us, she repeated, nodding toward Aria. Whatever had happened between the beta and Eilidh's brother seemed to be in the past, and they were of an age that their friendship should be an easy one. Eilidh hoped it would be. Deirdre came out of her shell then, and Eilidh chuckled warmly at the sight.
Trades
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
"I do," Aria told the child, a warm smile growing on her face. "And now you will as well," she added, giving the small babe a gentle touch with her nose to the shoulder. She turned back to Eilidh, her tail wagging. She was glad to have Eilidh in the pack still-- both Pearl and Casmir had left and there was little she did nowadays. With the eldest Mayfair daughter as a friend, she knew that there would be a bit more life around Donneliath.