Blackfoot Forest airport bar
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Joining 
Love conquers all!

Goober felt pressure to join a pack. It was necessary for his survival. He could still seek out the wolves formerly of Blacktail Deer Plateau as a pack member, and he intended to do just that. Sure, Eshe had offered to let him stay at Neverwinter Forest, but Goober didn't want that. Eshe was taken, and Goober couldn't have her. Nothing would convince her to leave her mate; the two-year-old was sure of that.

And so he stood at the edge of a pack that he knew nothing about, wondering if it would be right for him. Then again, at this point, "right for him" was less of a necessity and more of a suggestion. He needed somewhere that would shelter him. "Put on your happy face," he told himself, then called out for somebody to greet him.

The young male made sure that he was a good distance from the border (as was proper etiquette), and then he waited.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
*butts in*

Hearing a call echo through the territory of the Rosings pack, Samuel made his way over. is body reflected deep elegance as his long legs barely touched the ground in a swift trot. His grey eyes were narrow, his stature held high. He wasn't aggressive, but he was nearing the border where an unknown wolf lay. Whether it was safe or not, he deemed it to be unknown until he got there.

There he saw an agouti male, away from the border with a respectful distance. There, Samuel showed his tall stature to the other brute, hackles raised and head held high. He made his way over closer, his paws nearing the edge of the territory. "Greetings" He started off, connecting his eyes to the unknown wolf, showing his dominance. Even in the lower tier of the Rosings, he still had more dominance over a loner. "What brings you to the border of the Rosings?" He asked, his voice deep and grey eyes penetrating the others.
[Image: giphy.gif]
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
As soon as Goober caught sight of the pack wolf, his body went into submissive mode. If he was going to make an effort to join this pack, he was going to have to play the part. His ears flattened against his skull, his tail tucked between his hind legs, and Goober's entire body lowered to the ground. He wanted to make a good impression, after all, and he knew this was the best way to do so.

"Greetings," the stranger began, then asked what had brought him here. "I seek a place in your pack," Goober replied honestly, "My name's Goober. I'm a scout first and foremost, but I'm happy to learn whatever skills your pack needs the most." He just hoped that he would be up to par.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
The unknown agouti caught sight of Samuel and went into submissive mode, making the boy feel less threatened and amped up. He settled a bit, but still held his position. The wolf, named Goober apparently, was a scout and in search for a pack.

Samuel didn't know how many wolves were in the Rosings, nor did he have the power to grant access. Lifting his muzzle, he called for @Aaron to come and give the final assessment for Goober to join.

"We shall wait for the Alpha to decide your place" Samuel spoke, looking towards Goober, what a strange name for a wolf, but who was he to judge? Silently, he waited until a thought popped into his head.

"Before you set your heart in joining our pack, you must know that we work in assigned pairs" he started off, grey eyes scanning over Goober. "This pack first and foremost believes that love from one another and companionship is important."

Samuel was nervous to accept these laws, would Goober be the same?
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
The man had already been near. He had heard the first call, and then scented the wolf at the borders not far off. Samuel soon called for him, and he hurried his pace to greet the newcomer. He arrived with a tall posture and a neutral expression, blue eyes falling on the agouti male standing opposite of him. 

Aaron looked to Samuel, nudging his shoulder in greeting and giving him a soft smile, one that disappeared once he turned to the other. He looked him up and down for a moment, studying expression and posture, gaze flitting for each wrinkle in his face, before turning once again back to Samuel. "Hm?" he asked, but it was clear he knew was was going on- he requested details, and opinions even. 
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ah, the ol' "wait for a leader" routine. Goober had been through this before, so he was no stranger to the process of joining an unfamiliar pack. Before he had a chance to inquire about the specific nature of Rosings, his greeter gave him the low-down. "Assigned pairs?" Goober asked, not quite sure what he meant by that. Did this mean he would get a mentor that would help him integrate into the pack with more ease than if he had been going at it alone?

Another wolf appeared on the scene then, which Goober assumed (rightly or wrongly) was the leader. Goober silenced himself, expecting the two to talk about him right in front of his face. Because that's what leaders and their subordinates did to those wishing to join a pack.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Sameul saw confusion in the agouti's eyes, he was about to answer until another presence was made. Turning his head, Aaron came, nudging Samuel's shoulder in greeting with a smile. The boy bowed his head towards the alpha, then lowered his tail and hackles, along with his posture. He was in the lower tier and would show respect to his alpha.

Aaron gave a little "hmm" sound in question of the situation, the grey boy looked towards his superior. "The wolf before you is looking for a spot within the rosings, though I waited to see your approval Aaron" he replied gently, turning his eyes back to Goober. "His name is Goober, and he states that he is a scout but willing to learn new skills" he finished, his head tilted the slightest.

"I had started to tell him about how the pack works around here, though I still need to fill in on a few more details".
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
The man nodded along as Samuel spoke, his ears perking with interest at the mention of a scout. He hadn't had anyone come to his borders to claim that title, he was intrigued. "We could use a scout," he revealed to the other, but obviously loud enough for the so-called Goober to hear.  He watched Goober with interest for a moment before he gave him a gentle smile. "Samuel you are welcome to continue your explanation," he woofed, using this time to study the others posture and personality- if revealed at all. 

sorry for the short post!
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Nobody had answered his question, though Goober did perk up when the leader mentioned that they could use a scout. The subordinate still hadn't introduced himself, but he had called his leader "Aaron," which Goober picked up on. The two year old remained quiet, waiting for the subordinate to continue his explanation.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Aaron was pleased to hear about the scout Goober was, hopefully he could walk the walk and not just talk the talk. The superior then offered the large boy to continue with his explanation of how the Rosings functioned. He nodded lightly, before turning his attention towards Goober.

"In the pack of the Rosings, new wolves are mateless in the pack for one month before being assigned a mate" he started off, hopefully Goober was listening. "During that time is when the wolf should get to know his potential mates and create good bonds with them." He paused to catch breath before continuing. "Your rank in the pack will not only depend on you, but on your mate as well. Think of it as a team" he said. "Upmost and foremost though, we believe in peace and that the power of love is able to conquer all problems that are shown". Sounded cliche to some, but it was a belief Samuel accepted.

"Would you abide by these terms Goober, if you were to join the Rosings?" He asked, looking towards the agouti.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
Samuel explained brilliantly, and while Aaron did agree that it sounded a bit cliche, he too believed in it. The man nodded along, a smile formed on his face from pride in the other's memory of their ideals- it meant a lot to see that the pack understood and upheld those laws. 

Aaron nodded again after Goober was asked if he would uphold those laws, his tail pausing behind him as he stood and listened. His blue eyes flickered to the face of the agouti male, and he studied it for signs of his feelings towards it, regardless of how he claimed he felt.
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Goober took in what his greeter was saying, word by word, sentence by sentence. It took him a moment to catch on, but it appeared as though Rosings had arranged marriages. Within a month, Goober would be paired with somebody, whether she liked it or not. The thought was appealing to him immediately. Not only could he find the protection of a pack that he sought, he would also have a mate by the next turn of the moon. It all sounded glorious.

"Absolutely," Goober replied, an easy smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. A calm washed over him then, and he felt at ease. This was what everything had been leading to.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
The agouti seemed to be pleased with the rules of the Rosings, he gave his definite answer with a smile. Samuel stayed with a flat face, though his grey eyes were gentle. He looked towards his superior before wandering his eyes back to Goober.

"Then I see no wrong in letting you join" he started off. "However, I do not make the calls here. If Alpha Aaron approves, then you are welcome to join us."

He was quick to oard the Rosings ideas, it made Samuel a bit suspicious. What was this 'Goober' planning to do? Take shelter, find a mate, make pupsb, leave? He wondered what swarmed the agouti's thoughts.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
A small wind blew by, ruffling the fur of the man and causing him to stiffen ever so slightly as it passed. His fur soon calmed, the pale coat settling back to his shoulders. Aaron nodded, tail waving gently behind him. "Neither do I. My name is Aaron, and I run this pack along with my co-alpha Amara. If you will join, we would be thrilled to have you among our borders," he smiled kindly to the other, his ears perking. 

He did not think much of the excitement the other held- he too enjoyed the idea of having a mate so early on in pack life. It ensured a lot. 
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Gingerly, and ready to back out should they turn on him, Goober stepped forward and licked Aaron's chin, clearly showing his deference to the dominant male of the group. His tail flitted under him, and his ears lay flat against his skull. Provided that action didn't get him chased off, he did the same to other wolf, who still had yet to name himself. "I'm afraid I didn't catch your name," Goober hinted with an easy smile.

Already, Goober was easy to meet his new packmates (and potential mates!). He would, of course, make time to continue his scouting duties, but that could wait a little while longer while he got settled in and learned the lay of his new home.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Aaron had accepted the agouti with open arms, Samuel could only smile at his decision. He seemed fairly reasonable to work with, level-headed. Goober went forward to his new pack mates, licking both on their chins in a sign of knowing his place and thanks.

Goober questioned the large mass of fur after giving a chaste lick of the chin, Samuel's eyes darted to him. "Samuel" he started off, his smile wide. "We are very pleased to welcome you to the Rosings Goober" He offered happily, looking towards Aaron with his grey eyes.

"Would you prefer me to show him around Aaron, or another packmate?" He asked, not wanting to take charge just yet.
338 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Guardian
The man accepted Goober's aims for respect happily, returning a quick nudge to his shoulder and inhaling his scent briefly. He stepped back, looking over the two before focusing on Samuel.

"If you would like," Aaron smiled to the other, his tail wagging. With that, he turned to the other, dipped his head, and left, his ears perked as he went.

Aaron out. Welcome  <3
74 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
I think this should be the last one for me!

Goober thought it odd that they'd want to show him around, considering he had introduced himself as a scout. But he wouldn't object to the guided tour. At least now he knew both of their names, which would be a good start. Already, Goober felt like this was going to be such a good place for him. A new, fresh go at life.

Aaron left, then, and Goober smiled pleasantly at Samuel. "So, you're gonna show me the ropes?" he asked rhetorically, ready to follow his new pack mate into their shared home.
The Unknown Strength
105 Posts
Ooc — H2O
I'll archive! If you want an exploration thread with Sam, just tag me! If not, just pretend Samuel showed Goober around! 

With Aaron happy with Samuel showing the newbie around, the large, colorless boy smiled towards the agouti. He was questioned if he was going to show Goober around, Samuel merely nodded his large head.

"Yep, follow me Goober" He said, leading him over to explore the land.